NFL tightening up the calls

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

NFL tightening up the calls

Postby Anthony » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:00 pm

I am not much of a conspiracy person. Meaning I usually do not buy into them, however given the number of articles written, talking about how physical we are on defense-holding etc, then the fact the head ref for our game is from Louisiana and then the below, I am starting to wonder.

NFL tells refs to tighten up officiating calls. The "let 'em play" moniker is not to be seen this weekend.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/11/nfl-offici ... ame-calls/
Anthony
Legacy

Re: NFL tightening up the calls

Postby Distant Relative » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Anthony wrote:I am not much of a conspiracy person. Meaning I usually do not buy into them, however given the number of articles written, talking about how physical we are on defense-holding etc, then the fact the head ref for our game is from Louisiana and then the below, I am starting to wonder.

NFL tells refs to tighten up officiating calls. The "let 'em play" moniker is not to be seen this weekend.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/11/nfl-offici ... ame-calls/

the head ref for our game is from Louisiana

That sure doesn't seem right! The Hawks will just have to take the game out of the Zebras hands.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:44 pm

They let the PI stuff go, but stuck with the holding calls on both sides of the ball.

I can deal with that, even though the Giacomni hold was suspect. (I thought grabbing the inside jersey was okay.)
That being said, it seems to me as if they let the players play.

I'm more interested to see who of the Zebra Mafia will ref next weeks game.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Still looks like they are letting them play (even letting us play) to me.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:58 am

Clem7 wrote:Still looks like they are letting them play (even letting us play) to me.

Yup I guess the refs did not listen to the NFL.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 am

Eaglehawk wrote:They let the PI stuff go, but stuck with the holding calls on both sides of the ball.

I can deal with that, even though the Giacomni hold was suspect. (I thought grabbing the inside jersey was okay.)
That being said, it seems to me as if they let the players play.

I'm more interested to see who of the Zebra Mafia will ref next weeks game.

I agree on the Big Russian call eagle. The D end crashed hard inside and took himself out of the play. The "hold" was really Giacomni trying to reestablish contact with the guy. If the guy hadn't crashed I could have seen the call.

There was a lot of PI/holding going on both sides of the ball, also some great coverage as well. I think for the most part they just let them play.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 am

I thought the primary hold on the play involving the big Russian was on the Defensive linemen picking him up with both hands and throwing Breno to the ground.

How else other then grabbing on to someone can you lift them off their feet and thrown them to the ground? I guess maybe you could do this by magic?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:18 pm

savvyman wrote:I thought the primary hold on the play involving the big Russian was on the Defensive linemen picking him up with both hands and throwing Breno to the ground.

How else other then grabbing on to someone can you lift them off their feet and thrown them to the ground? I guess maybe you could do this by magic?

I didn't see this thread earlier. That didn't look like a hold to me. But it sure negated a nice run by Turbin. That and the fumble later that wasn't called are the only two calls I thought we got screwed on.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm

The call on Breno was ticky tack and worse yet WAY LATE. Shades of XL they wait to see how the play develops before deciding to toss the hanky. Overall though I could live with the way Seattle got called, We can only hope for something similar next Sunday. Watching the 9ers game though you wonder. An absolute BS call for a personal foul on a tipped ball setting up a FG for Frisco. Then a head butt call on the Panther DB on a mutual jawing play, yet Boldin gets a pass for the same thing a few plays later. Maybe the worst was the no call on the 12 in the huddle by SF on the Panther 5. Panther players were jumping and pointing and the guy took 6 seconds to run back to the sidelines but no flag. Kap scored on the next play. God I hope they let these 2 heavyweights punch it out Mano e Mano but I will be shocked if we wind up even with the zebras on Sunday.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum