Well, we knew this was coming

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Well, we knew this was coming

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:34 am

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Well, we knew this was coming

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:48 am

By announcing he's not in their plans, they devalued what they might be able to get for him.
Some team might make a late round offer, but most that might be mildly interested will probably wait to see if he's cut.
Mostly because of an existing contract, I would suspect.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:33 pm

It'll be interesting to see what SF gets for him. If teams know he's gonna be released anyway, I can't imagine it'd be much trade wise.

Regardless, it needs to happen, in the best interest of both sides.

Among other things, Kaepernick has noticeable maturing to do. The guy is a Baby. His attitude goes south too quickly when he's facing adversity. But even if he overcomes that, I don't think he'll improve much in terms of his biggest flaw - making good reads and quick decisions.

He'll be a decent backup somewhere, and that's about it.

As for Gabbert - one decent game does not a QB make. SF needs to draft and groom a legit prospect for the future. I'd love for them to stick with Blaine as their guy, but I doubt it happens.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Some enterprising HC who is either a former QB coach and/or OC will and should snap Colin up in a heart beat. Heck, if the cost was extra cheap he could back up Russell Wilson. But, maybe I am just not thinking too clearly on that one LOL.

If Al Davis was still alive I could see him acquiring Kap and using him like Pittsburgh used Kordell "Slash" Stewart. In fact, the Stealers could use a decent back-up to Big Ben.

Maybe, just maybe Rex Ryan might take a stab at Kap, or maybe Chip Kelly?

JERRY JONES!!! The Cowboys not only need someone to back up Tony Romo they will need to replace Tony Romo in a few years.

Colin Kaphisdiick could be the new Roger the Dodger!!! The possibilities are endless!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:23 pm

They have more leaks than the Titanic. There is no way a report should get out in week 9 that Kaepernick is done is San Fran. What a s*** show over there right now.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:35 pm

So where does he land? Philly?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:43 pm

RiverDog wrote:So where does he land? Philly?

I think everyone is eyeing Philly as a possible landing spot.
It seems a natural fit as it would give that Offense another dimension.
The question is does Kelly think he has what it takes to play in his system?
I don't see them trading for him, though but a FA signing is a possibility.

Edit:
The Browns and Redskins are also an option, but I sure don't want him to end up with the Rams.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:57 pm

I could see him ending up with Browns or Texans.

Honestly, I feel like maybe there's 12 'starting' quality QB's in the NFL, and a ton of worthy back ups following that.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:03 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:I could see him ending up with Browns or Texans.

Honestly, I feel like maybe there's 12 'starting' quality QB's in the NFL, and a ton of worthy back ups following that.

What team would he make better is what I considered when thinking of his landing spots.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Kaepernick is still under contract so the 49'ers still have control over where he goes. They'd be damn fools if they traded a young starter to anyone within their division, especially a quarterback that has intimate knowledge of their entire team, so I'd bet my paycheck that he won't end up with the Rams.

The Browns are definitely a possibility, as are the Texans, Redskins, Bills, and Jets. As much as we all disrespect Kaepernick and his abilities, this is a quarterback starved league, and there's always going to be a market for one that has had some success.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Im sure someone will take a flyer on him but he's David Carr material now, shell shocked and broken.

Of course when Gabbert comes up to Seattle and loses 100 to minus 7 he may be back in the starting lineup in SF. You cant polish a turd.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:20 am

Hawktawk wrote:Im sure someone will take a flyer on him but he's David Carr material now, shell shocked and broken.

Of course when Gabbert comes up to Seattle and loses 100 to minus 7 he may be back in the starting lineup in SF. You cant polish a turd.

Equating him with David Carr is a little too extreme IMO. Carr was pounded senseless in his first few seasons and became gun shy. His career never got off the ground. Kaep on the other hand has had some very good success, coming within 10 yards of a Lombardi in his first season as a starter and within a Richard Sherman deflection of a second straight trip to the big show in his second. He's not a lost cause by any stretch of the imagination.

He needs a change of scenery...badly. The Niners are so radioactive that the EPA is about to declare them a superfund clean-up site. He needs to start his career over, and Chip Kelly's Eagles would be a perfect spot.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:24 am

RiverDog wrote:Kaepernick is still under contract so the 49'ers still have control over where he goes. They'd be damn fools if they traded a young starter to anyone within their division, especially a quarterback that has intimate knowledge of their entire team, so I'd bet my paycheck that he won't end up with the Rams.

The Browns are definitely a possibility, as are the Texans, Redskins, Bills, and Jets. As much as we all disrespect Kaepernick and his abilities, this is a quarterback starved league, and there's always going to be a market for one that has had some success.

The talk is Kaep will be cut if not traded, so it depresses his value from a trade perspective, and since the trade deadline has passed, teams needing a QB will know where they are drafting and which QBs they might like. I think FA is the most likely situation for him, but you never know, a team might not want to take a chance they could lose him in FA if they really think they can do something with him.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:56 pm

RiverDog wrote:Kaepernick is still under contract so the 49'ers still have control over where he goes. They'd be damn fools if they traded a young starter to anyone within their division, especially a quarterback that has intimate knowledge of their entire team, so I'd bet my paycheck that he won't end up with the Rams.

I could be wrong but I think the Rams signed Foles to a contract extension after the trade as well.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:45 pm

Zorn76 wrote:I'd love for them to stick with Blaine as their guy...

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum