Score One for the Conspiracy Theory Buffs

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Score One for the Conspiracy Theory Buffs

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:14 am

It seems that NBC has been reluctant to show Hawk home games on SNF:

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2845456/Al-M ... home-games

I still don't care if we are on Prime Time or not. Football isn't a popularity contest and afternoon games are easier on my schedule anyway. I'll have to admit that I was wrong about this particular conspiracy....but Oswald still acted alone.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Score One for the Conspiracy Theory Buffs

Postby burrrton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:52 am

Kiss of death...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Really they did not wanted the Hawks on Sunday night because they where to dominant? Did not stop them from having multiple Sunday night games at mile high where every one got blown out a few years back or at candlestick 2-3 years ago. Al Michaels you are full of $41t, at least be a man about it and tell everyone that no one cares about the hawks and that you only put popular teams on Sunday night because you have to get good ratings, it's business we understand.
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:01 pm

depaashaas wrote:Really they did not wanted the Hawks on Sunday night because they where to dominant? Did not stop them from having multiple Sunday night games at mile high where every one got blown out a few years back or at candlestick 2-3 years ago. Al Michaels you are full of $41t, at least be a man about it and tell everyone that no one cares about the hawks and that you only put popular teams on Sunday night because you have to get good ratings, it's business we understand.

Yea, that article really surprised me and makes me wonder if Michaels was quoted out of context, if he was simply just being complementary to a Seahawk audience by telling us that we were so good that we made television boring or something like that. Competitiveness is only one factor in why people tune in. Not too many people are going to watch Jacksonville-Tennessee simply because it's sure to be a close game. I still have my doubts that NBC intentionally kept us off their schedule because we were blowing people out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:12 pm

competitiveness is one thing River but I understand why they do it this way, they are trying to sell a product (game/advertisement) to the largest audience out there and I can cry all I want about that we are better, more passionate, nicer fans LOL etc, etc. But let's face it whiners, packers, steelers have larger fan base than Hawks and as a tv network you want as many people to tune in as possible to get more $$$ for advertisement and unfortunately the Hawks are not at the same level as some other teams as fan base goes or enemy base for that matter but I know we are closing in on the enemy base LOL. I guess he is trying to put it nicely, I think this was a couple of years ago in the news to and I did not buy into it back then either, it's all about the $$$ at the end of the day and it's fine with me just don't come up with B.S. story
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:08 am

depaashaas wrote:competitiveness is one thing River but I understand why they do it this way, they are trying to sell a product (game/advertisement) to the largest audience out there and I can cry all I want about that we are better, more passionate, nicer fans LOL etc, etc. But let's face it whiners, packers, steelers have larger fan base than Hawks and as a tv network you want as many people to tune in as possible to get more $$$ for advertisement and unfortunately the Hawks are not at the same level as some other teams as fan base goes or enemy base for that matter but I know we are closing in on the enemy base LOL. I guess he is trying to put it nicely, I think this was a couple of years ago in the news to and I did not buy into it back then either, it's all about the $$$ at the end of the day and it's fine with me just don't come up with B.S. story

Agreed, and I don't have a problem with that. Like I said, I could care less if we never appeared on Prime Time, except of course for the playoffs. Let NBC and the others put on what ever the majority of viewers want to see.

Having said that, this SNF game is the most important November game we've played in awhile. Lose here and our chances to win the division are pretty much nil and our chances to make the playoffs severely compromised. I'll be on the edge of my seat!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:04 am

This story is old news. I read a story saying the very same thing last year.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:56 pm

depaashaas wrote:competitiveness is one thing River but I understand why they do it this way, they are trying to sell a product (game/advertisement) to the largest audience out there and I can cry all I want about that we are better, more passionate, nicer fans LOL etc, etc. But let's face it whiners, packers, steelers have larger fan base than Hawks and as a tv network you want as many people to tune in as possible to get more $$$ for advertisement and unfortunately the Hawks are not at the same level as some other teams as fan base goes or enemy base for that matter but I know we are closing in on the enemy base LOL. I guess he is trying to put it nicely, I think this was a couple of years ago in the news to and I did not buy into it back then either, it's all about the $$$ at the end of the day and it's fine with me just don't come up with B.S. story

While I agree the money is the driving force, that doesn't explain away the lack of home games, or matchups like the Titans/Jags, or numerous other "competitive" crappy games throughout the season ( and there are many) Seattle had as many PT games as any other team ( and more than all but 3) so the "home" thing matters. Baltimore, NE and Denver all have records at home in prime time comparable to us, and yet all three get the bulk of those games at home, so the large fan base, nor home success, or even money explains it really.

This isn't "new" information, whether some chose to believe it when it was reported the last two years or not, it was known.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Have NE, Baltimore, and Denver got the reputation of blowouts in prime time home games like Seattle seems to have?
I don't view those teams like that, but others might.
For the record I expect a real tight game tomorrow night.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:46 am

NorthHawk wrote:For the record I expect a real tight game tomorrow night.

I do, too. Everything points to it, the way our defense has played lately (no TD's for 8 straight quarters), the fact that our offense continues to struggle to put up points, the fact that neither of us has beat a decent team this season.

I'm expecting something similar to what we saw against Dallas, perhaps 16-13.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum