I Love You Mak!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

I Love You Mak!

Postby yoder » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:33 pm

This should be in the OT section, but I'm too happy to care right now. My childhood brother, Makena, phoned me up and offered me a ticket to the Sunday game! Just got clearance from my lovely wife, I'm going! More on that in a minute.

I try to make one game per year, couldn't last year due to finances...games are flipping expensive as you all know (travel/food/beer/etc). Didn't think I could make one this year either, yet my closest friend steps up and offers me a ticket to most likely the most important game of the year. Prime Time evening football vs. our new division rivals!

Mak, you're not just my friend, you are my brother and have been ever since we met "across the alley" when we were 3 years old. Your Dad (life long fan) took me/us to my first Seahawks game at the age of 7. Now here we are, decades later doing the exact same thing...and it's just as exciting as the first game.

Sorry for the sappy love note Shackers...but please know this. Mak and I have a perfect record when we attend games together. 14-0 I belive? So let this be a win, it's bound to be.

Back to my wife, her favorite player is Fitz. Yes, lame. Her only stipulation is that I have to yell "I LOVE YOU FITZY" during the game. I don't want to end up in an alley soaking in beer and blood, but have to honor her wish. Maybe yell it when Sherman snags the ball and takes it back for 6?

Anyway, love you Mak...can't wait!!! Go Hawks!!!
yoder
Site Admin

Re: I Love You Mak!

Postby RDave » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Nice one Yoder. Here's hoping you maintain that 100% record!

Just one question though. What if the wife hadn't given you clearance? Would it have made a difference?
RDave
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Yup, wouldn't be able to go! Though it was never stated how or when it is to be yelled...or how intelligible for that matter!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby savvyman » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Cool story Yoder. Thanks for sharing. Go Hawks.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Hell Ya!

Go Hawks!!!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:09 pm

I had my "streak" snapped this year ( 25 years at least one game, all victories, even the 2-14 season I was at the one home victory) something like 27-1 now, hoping your luck is better than mine ( I'll be there for the Cards, time to start a new streak! ;) ) go Hawks!
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Go Yoder! Make some noise on D! GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Good to hear, Yoder- I have to sit this one out, so you're representing for all of us. Do us proud.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Great story, Yoder and Mak! And no, you're not being sappy.

I'm not going to this one, either. I wouldn't mind going over and buying a ticket at the game on the street, but I am still recovering from rotator cuff surgery and I'm not supposed to drive or climb stairs. I might want to see if I can go to the Chitsburgh game, though. I have scads of folks at work begging me to take them to a game.

You have an assignment, Yoder: You must bring back a victory!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Great post, Yoder.

Life long friends are chief among the things that are great to cherish.

My own personal record is a measly 4-3 when I've attended games in Seattle, and I have yet to witness in person a road victory (living in CA).

All of these games, mind you, were before Carroll became our coach.

Regardless, have a great time, and Go Seahawks!!!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone, just about to head out and make the trip to Seattle!

We'll be there representing the Shack! Go Seahawks!!!!!!
yoder
Site Admin

Return to Seahawks Forum