Game Day Thread - Go Hawks!!!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Game Day Thread - Go Hawks!!!

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

GAME OVER!!! 10 second run off!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Congrats Seahawks and everyone.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm

why couldn't we just blow them out? Why did Tate whoof on the line drive? Why wasn't Miller in that position. He has the best hands on the team. Not Tate, though he is a close second.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby THX-1138 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm

BALLGAME!

GOHAWKS!
THX-1138
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Yes!!!!!!!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 pm

GO PANTHERS!!! I really don't think Bevell is up to facing the Whiners a 3rd. time this season. Man! I can't wait until that bozo is back coaching with the Vikings and not the Seahawks OC.

Quinn will be missed.

Congrats Seahawks and welcome to the NFC Championship game, you deserve it! Nice view from the top of the mountain, ain't it???
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Great Game and it's One more for the SB!

But, they better get their passing offense together. We won with:

Great D for 3 qtrs. Hard to hold up when you're on the field 75% of the time.
Special Teams... Houshka was the MVP
Turnover at the right time in the first half
Marshawn Lynch against 8 in the box
Weather that favored us / disabled Brew Breeze for the 1st half.

Quinn is history... in about 4 weeks.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Well...THANK GOD, lol.

Very Sketchy in 2nd half. Lynch showed up on offense, and RW had a couple good improvised plays, but our offense needs some major work with the OL in pass protection. WR's dropped some, too, with Baldwin making up for a lot with his catch.

The defense was PHENOMENAL, as usual, and prevent D had plenty to do with Saints getting to 15 in the 4th.

Glad we survived.

Gotta play much better next week no matter who we host.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Our offense was pitiful in the second half and as easy as it would be to make excuses it's just worrisome ... as happy as I am with the win I'm not feeling like this is the best team in the league anymore.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:58 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Our offense was pitiful in the second half and as easy as it would be to make excuses it's just worrisome ... as happy as I am with the win I'm not feeling like this is the best team in the league anymore.

Agreed. Very predictable. I knew what was coming 90% of the time and I'm a chick in Fresno. Wtf? We must step it up or we are not going to the SB. Whatever D we face will be better than the saints.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm just wondering if our WR talent is simply average. Besides Percy, do we have a WR that can get separation on a consistent basis? BTW, what the hell was wrong with Tate today?

With the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida ST.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Tate got concussed in the first half, by the same DB that got Percy the first time. Headhunting. Like he didn't care if he was tossed or penalized.

After that, I swear he had double vision or something. We need to perform an exorcism on him this week or something.

The missed onside kick at the end was very telling.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:46 pm

This teams long term success will be determined by how well our Offense performs. Right now, it doesn't look good.
That said, the Defense is playing pretty good and if they can dominate again next week, they might be able to pull it off.
Unfortunately the Offense hasn't shown the ability to consistently move the ball in recent weeks. Whether it's play calling, execution, or a combination, I don't know but the inconsistency is a real concern. Taking chances like the pass to Baldwin on 3rd down can only go so far and I hope they get it together for next week.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:I'm just wondering if our WR talent is simply average. Besides Percy, do we have a WR that can get separation on a consistent basis? BTW, what the hell was wrong with Tate today?

With the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida ST.

I go WR after OL. When RW has longer than .5 or 1 sec to throw, we're usually ok. But the jailbreak up front when we have the ball is beyond ridiculous, even though we played a D than had 49 sacks during the regular season.

I also think we run too many medium to long routes at the wrong time. When it's 3rd and 5, you always need an outlet (or 2), or make it your #1 option. Bevell gets too cute with the calls. He did well overall for the most part - sticking with a run game that was working - but we need some quick hitters, or something called a SCREEN PASS once in awhile to offset the pressure from opponent.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:35 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Tate got concussed in the first half, by the same DB that got Percy the first time. Headhunting. Like he didn't care if he was tossed or penalized.

After that, I swear he had double vision or something. We need to perform an exorcism on him this week or something.

js

Could be related to the concussion. I never thought about that.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:
jshawaii22 wrote:Tate got concussed in the first half, by the same DB that got Percy the first time. Headhunting. Like he didn't care if he was tossed or penalized.

js

Could be related to the concussion. I never thought about that.

I was thinking the same thing too.

One attribute that Golden Tate possess that never is really discussed is just how resilient and Unbreakable he is. Think of all the injuries to receivers in the NFL. Golden Tate has never been injured once and he is also taking good hits returning punts. I think his body is made out of this:

savvyman
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum