Official Seahawks vs Cardinals POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Official Seahawks vs Cardinals POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Well you can officially write off this team from being a Superbowl Champion this year.

Too many issues.

Too many under-performing players.

No Real Chemistry any longer.

Prima-Donna QB.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Official Seahawks vs Cardinals POST Game Thread

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Another woulda, coulda,shoulda game. Yet another team that we gifted a win to. I am NOT going to root for the Cards if we don't make the play offs. I will root for the Panthers.

I am not going to blame RW and I am NOT going to call hiom a "prima donna".

I put the failures of this season at the feet of Pete Carroll, no one else. It is time to consider whether he has taken this team as far as he can How many teams hang on to a coach who at one time had won it a a few years too long??

If keep wants to hang on to Bevell then PETE NEEDS TO GO!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:27 pm

I love all y'all, but hate the need to name call. Prima Donna QB, really? Great game, NO!! Prima Donna?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Look at eye bright side. Cardinals still haven't beat a team with a winning record.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Spoiled by two back to back trips to the SB. Anything less and we suck. Weird, really
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Go ahead Russell, break that celibacy vow, go get ya some, release that built up tension. Then maybe you will be able to get your job done. Don't worry, you can always confess your sins.

The Pope
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 pm

The Cards' offense is good. Give them some props.

That said, I think this game came down to penalties and the lack of a good quick passing game. I honestly think that with a cleaner game, the Hawks would win.

But as Collingsworth said on the broadcast, Arizona (like Kurt Warner) beats pressure with quick timing passes. The Bevell offense just doesn't have those. Like, at all. When your passing game relies on long-developing plays and the OL doesn't give time, it's going to lead to the kind of crap we saw tonight.
Oly
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I love all y'all, but hate the need to name call. Prima Donna QB, really? Great game, NO!! Prima Donna?

Prima F###kin Donna

Prima Donna:

a person that's considered vain, temperamental and/or conceited.

https://instagram.com/p/9zraXGM7AD/?taken-by=dangerusswilson
savvyman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Russell is definitely a different player than what we've seen the past 3 years. I don't know whether it's his contract, his girl friend, the humiliation of the "not black enough", the SB interception, or what it is, but he's not the same player. If it wasn't for the fact that he had a relatively decent 2nd half, I would be all for benching him. He is not progressing.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Oly wrote:The Cards' offense is good. Give them some props.

That said, I think this game came down to penalties and the lack of a good quick passing game. I honestly think that with a cleaner game, the Hawks would win.

But as Collingsworth said on the broadcast, Arizona (like Kurt Warner) beats pressure with quick timing passes. The Bevell offense just doesn't have those. Like, at all. When your passing game relies on long-developing plays and the OL doesn't give time, it's going to lead to the kind of crap we saw tonight.

+ 1

The offense seems to have no hot reads, or Russell doesn't know where his hot read is. Rarely do the Hawks throw to a back. Russell isn't playing well, but the play calling and scheme in general doesn't help. If this season tanks (pretty close now) Pete need to look at changing o-coordinator and o line coach. Isn't it amazing other teams pilfer the defensive staff, but nobody goes after the offensive staff. Pretty telling as to what the rest of the league thinks.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:53 pm

RiverDog wrote:Russell is definitely a different player than what we've seen the past 3 years. I don't know whether it's his contract, his girl friend, the humiliation of the "not black enough", the SB interception, or what it is, but he's not the same player. If it wasn't for the fact that he had a relatively decent 2nd half, I would be all for benching him. He is not progressing.

LOL now that's funny I was saying the same thing and wondering if B.J.Daniels was eligible to play. And can we just right out cut Okung, not really want to say anything that he ran into Wilson (just because some blame was on Wilson to) but...do you really have to get beat AGAIN? Just cut him and move on, there is upside by cutting him, you move on to next guy. Holy smokes can he be horrible
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:00 pm

The Offensive woes start with the OL.
We were gutted up the middle this year with the loss of Unger and Carpenter and with nobody of equivalent ability to replace them. What it has led to is an inability to handle pressure of almost any type.
The OL is getting better against non blitzing plays, but not enough to be consistent.
Still problems in the 4th quarter putting together a good drive when needed.
Run blocking isn't consistent, either.
I'd rather see them get real good in one area than be less than mediocre in both pass and run blocking. At least that would give them a bit of an identity. Right now we don't seem to know what we are.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Well, the o-line and our $20M QB were pathetic, but at least the Legion of Mew got 40 hung on them and choked on another 4th-quarter lead.

There is literally nothing positive to take from this game.

I guess you'll get 'em next year, guys.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:38 pm

burrrton wrote:There is literally nothing positive to take from this game.

Agreed. I don't care how good our defense is, they are not going to overcome the woes of this offense. This team has 7-9 written all over it.

So...who do we take with our #16 overall?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Russell is now as he has always been. Who YOU see may be different, but RW is who RW is. He has a public facade for sure - maybe it's real, maybe it's not. My guess is he's somewhere in the middle of all that you see and all that you hear. The Hawks are 4 & 5 after a critical game and it's certainly not a favorable place to be. W/ fewer than 10 plays going a different way, that could be as high as 8 n 1 and as bad as 2 n 7. (A reasonable person would see the same was true of the last two years as well (Houston, Tampa, Green Bay (twice) etc. etc. etc.)

It takes a TEAM to win and it takes a TEAM to be middle of the road. We aren't SB contenders this year; tonight's loss put an exclamation point on that. But nobody sucks, here (imho). As a 30+ year fan of the Hawks, I can say w/ pride that when things are going well, no fan-base is better or more fun. And as a Hawk's fan not living in Seattle (& experiencing some stick-to-it-ive-ness through highs and lows), I can add that I've always been a little disappointed in the mettle of the average Hawk's fan. I started flying to games in the 90's and was always embarrassed that fans would leave games early & baristas/bar-tenders would ask "why fly here to see this s***?" It has always frustrated me and it still does.

I'm not saying one can't question coaches or players, but the force w/ which mo-fos in Seattle jump off the wagon has always puzzled and disappointed me. WTF, Seattle??? Take the good w/ the bad. Ride the wave. Understand that you can't win every year. & know that your hard working QB is no more a prima donna because he's banging (or not) a celebrity than he was before.

#sickofthefairweatheredBS
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:20 am

It's a bit of the bandwagon syndrome, I would think.
Not necessarily in this forum, but in general.
Here, I think it's more of a disappointment with a wasted opportunity when we have so much talent.
It's frustrating to see such promise be stifled by the lack of Offensive production.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:29 am

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I don't think it is unrealistic for us to make the playoffs by winning the division still. We are down three games, with 7 left. Looking at our schedule I think we can go 5-2 in our remaining games and I think its definitely possible for the Cardinals to go 2-5 during their remaining games. We would have to win in Arizona, but I think we could do it still. We obviously still have some things to figure out, but we are close in my opinion.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:38 am

I like your optimism, but I don't share it.
We were only 1 for 8 on 3rd downs.
Nobody can win with that lack of productvity even if their Defense scores 2 TDs.

With this kind of performance I think we lose to Steelers, Vikings, and Cardinals at the very least.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 am

NorthHawk wrote:I like your optimism, but I don't share it.
We were only 1 for 8 on 3rd downs.
Nobody can win with that lack of productvity even if their Defense scores 2 TDs.

With this kind of performance I think we lose to Steelers, Vikings, and Cardinals at the very least.

So if we can win in Arizona you agree with me? The two losses I was thinking were Steelers and Vikings.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:22 am

I'll get into this more later.

About all I can say, for the moment, is that this game perfectly captured our season so far.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:50 am

The great experiment using Dlineman on the offensive line has officially died; to blame RW for this year is a joke.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 am

obiken wrote:The great experiment using Dlineman on the offensive line has officially died; to blame RW for this year is a joke.

Yea, you're right, Obi. We need more nimble offensive linemen. We need to put Tyler Lockett and Earl Thomas on the offensive line. Perhaps they can move fast enough to get out of Russell's way when he scrambles.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:34 am

I think we need an OL that can block for the running game.
That gets us back to our identity and then opens up the pass game.
It seems that nobody respects our run game including our coaches, so we pass more than run.
Who are we on Offense? As a fan, I don't know anymore.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:04 am

We didn't put ourselves out of it for this year, teams with 5 losses make the playoffs all the time, but at the very least we put ourselves in a position to have to pay attention to what other teams are winning and losing and fight for a Wild Card.

What we lost last night was control of our own destiny.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:44 am

Another game of extreme highs and lows.
Momentum lost, then gained, then lost again.
No rhythm early, then some in the 2nd half, before disappearing.

Last night really was indicative of what 2015 has been about so far.
I see some familiar things that are good. This team fights hard and has no quit in them, putting themselves in a position to win in all our losses. But holding onto to leads has been fleeting, just like the aforementioned momentum and rhythm.

It boils down to being clutch at the most crucial point late and games. And that's where we've seen disaster rear its ugly head over and over. Our guys have been in plenty of big moments over the last few years, yet they seem to lose focus when it matters most. Great plays mixed with the inexplicable.

IMO, they had to put off the 5th loss as long as possible to have a solid shot at the postseason, which likely means 10 wins at a minimum. At 4-5, the odds are long of going 6-1 for the remainder of the year. Possible, but not probable. I doubt 9-7 cuts it.

That said, I do think our issues are correctable moving forward. Not saying we'll be in the playoffs this year, but I could see us regaining that form in 2016. If nothing else, I think this season will end up forcing Pete's hand regarding changes to his staff, starting with Bevell and Cable. I would hope, anyway. We've seen enough, IMO. I'm also not sure about Kris Richard as a DC, but he likely gets a pass since it's year one for him.

We'll see.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:57 am

Welp.......................
kalibane
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Another game of extreme highs and lows.
Momentum lost, then gained, then lost again.
No rhythm early, then some in the 2nd half, before disappearing.

Last night really was indicative of what 2015 has been about so far.
I see some familiar things that are good. This team fights hard and has no quit in them, putting themselves in a position to win in all our losses. But holding onto to leads has been fleeting, just like the aforementioned momentum and rhythm.

It boils down to being clutch at the most crucial point late and games. And that's where we've seen disaster rear its ugly head over and over. Our guys have been in plenty of big moments over the last few years, yet they seem to lose focus when it matters most. Great plays mixed with the inexplicable.

IMO, they had to put off the 5th loss as long as possible to have a solid shot at the postseason, which likely means 10 wins at a minimum. At 4-5, the odds are long of going 6-1 for the remainder of the year. Possible, but not probable. I doubt 9-7 cuts it.

That said, I do think our issues are correctable moving forward. Not saying we'll be in the playoffs this year, but I could see us regaining that form in 2016. If nothing else, I think this season will end up forcing Pete's hand regarding changes to his staff, starting with Bevell and Cable. I would hope, anyway. We've seen enough, IMO. I'm also not sure about Kris Richard as a DC, but he likely gets a pass since it's year one for him.

We'll see.

Good post, Zorny. I think we still have a good core of players, just that it isn't going to happen this season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:40 pm

I attended the game. Sometimes I think its hard to really analyze things live so I'm deferring somewhat to those with rewind. These were my observations. The officiating set the tone and it was pretty consistent all night. Seattle seemed to be getting showered in laundry and AZ was not, other than non judgement calls like false starts.Any officiating crew has to be judged by consistency on both teams as well as the relevancy or accuracy of a particular call. I said on the forum after an ugly AZ prime time win that if they got to keep those refs they would win the SB. Well......
Like I say, folks watching at home on their big screens may have seen it better. Sherm getting rung up a couple of times is Horse@#T. Revis isn't getting those flags nor most any other elite corner. Did AZ have an offensive holding call in the game? Was it the beer goggles? Please advise......

Not that it was all about the officiating by any means.
I hate to say it but this team has lost its swag, its mojo. I think its sitting on the 1 yard line in Glendale. Russ has always had some rough patches in games but hes been a winner at the end. Same for the D. We can see it just isnt there now. Lynch is wearing down. Graham is developing hands of stone. The O line is appalling. The play calling is dysfunctional.

The question is is this a bump in the road or is this the beginning of the end of this little mini dynasty? If its the latter this has certainly been a bucket list period of time for this old fan.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Spoiled by two back to back trips to the SB. Anything less and we suck. Weird, really

I agree but the biggest problem is that this line couldn't block Pee Wee Herman off a porta potty, and these guys like Savy, want to blame RW.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 pm

I think it's time to start Rawls Beast is done.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:11 pm

obiken wrote:I think it's time to start Rawls Beast is done.

Beast had 7 carries for 35 yards and a respectable 5 ypc. Rawls had a few productive carries. The red zone rushing was effective but there was no overall commitment to it throughout the game between the 20's.
I agree though,Beast is really coming apart this year. It happens to all of them. He is still formidable at times but will be more and more unreliable most likely.
Rawls makes me drool at the mouth looking at the potential.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Nobody gives as much effort as Lynch, and he can really give the team a lift, but it's going to be interesting to see what they do with him considering his salary next year is something like 11 million.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 am

NorthHawk wrote:Nobody gives as much effort as Lynch, and he can really give the team a lift, but it's going to be interesting to see what they do with him considering his salary next year is something like 11 million.

I honestly think that this will be Beast's last year. I think there will be a mutual parting of the ways. Rawls looks like the real deal.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:21 pm

I read the team grade in BR. I agree with it for the most part.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2588994-nfl-report-cards-team-by-team-grades-for-week-10/page/20

Thoughts?
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:34 pm

The production of Beast isn't really indicative of his performance - I can think of 20 yards he had on 2 first down carries wiped out by holding calls. I agree he's getting banged up, but his first down carries should have set the tone for productive drives ~ unfortunately they came back.

I agree on Rawls looking legit and I can see him slipping into the starting spot for the Beast next season. But, I wouldn't fault the Beast against the Cards. He ran hard, just had some bad luck. The 1 - 2 punch of Rawls would dominate 4th quarters on most teams. It's incredible that our O can't move the ball 10 yards with these two.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Worst officiating since SB XL. Those guys need to be fired.

And yeah, 3rd Down ... both sides of the ball ... continues to be a struggle. And our punter is even having a bad year ... anyone else notice he can't put the ball inside the 10 anymore?

Our D-Line looked great. And when we needed to comeback from a big deficit, our O and D together made it happen ... kinda' like yesteryear. But in the end, the Cards showed they belonged in the winning bracket by finishing well. That was about it.

I'm not gonna' get too down on our team's play. I think the players, many of 'em at least, aren't performing as well in the past, but they still seem to be trying (well, except for that onsides kick where Coleman essentially hugged Fitzgerald after he fielded the ball, instead of trying to knock the snot out of him). Cases in point, Sherm is still playing good ball ... just not as good. ET is playing good ball ... just not as good. Kerry Williams is getting better ... but he isn't as good as the guys we let go (Thurmond, Maxwell, Browner). Kam is playing good ... just not as good. Overall, the chips on their shoulders that fueled their passion don't appear to be chips anymore ... just dust particles. And yeah, RW is missing reads and receivers that he would have picked up in the past.

The ability of the players is still there. The fire seems to be burning a little less bright. And the playcalling seems suspect, this time especially so in defensive coverages. On the offensive side, we never really had the chance to get any offensive scheme off the ground because of the penalties. And yes, those refs were awful.

But even though we haven't beat the .500 and above teams, they've all been close. A team that isn't trying doesn't get that close. Our guys are trying.

I have faith, although yeah ... it's hard to get up right now. With that said, I'm not giving up on this team, even if they continue to lose.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:I read the team grade in BR. I agree with it for the most part.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2588994-nfl-report-cards-team-by-team-grades-for-week-10/page/20

Thoughts?

Thoughts? The truth hurts.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Worst officiating since SB XL. Those guys need to be fired.

This. This game was a joke from an officiating standpoint. Phantom holds and facemasks for one team, swallowing their fcking whistles for the other.

And those calls "evening out" over the course of a season is meaningless. They have to "even out" over the course of the *game*, if that.

It's not why we lost this game, but goddmn the referees seem to be getting worse every year.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Don't whine about the refs.
They're equally bad all over the league and no single call cost us the game as it did for the Ravens or might have the Lions against us.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Don't whine about the refs.
They're equally bad all over the league and no single call cost us the game as it did for the Ravens or might have the Lions against us.

"They're bad all over" doesn't refute anything I said.
burrrton
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum