The Official Dump Ciara Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Official Dump Ciara Thread

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 pm

This is not the same Russell Wilson. Bring back Ashley!
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: The Official Dump Ciara Thread

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:27 pm

He likes dudes. It will come out one of these days.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Hawkstar wrote:He likes dudes. It will come out one of these days.

So Anthony is to blame?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:50 pm

He's different. Seriously, Russell doesn't have that killer finish instinct that got him to this place. I was so against his starting 2012. Ha ha thought that was funny then. Now, not so much. Russell has been figured out.

Problem is our opinions about Ciara and her devastating effects on his career don't mean s*** to him and he's going to stick with her- that's his right. For now, we are stuck with a (increasingly) mediocre and getting worse qb. She killed his drive. This coming from one of his biggest fans, and a hawk fan since their 76' inception.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:36 am

Stream Hawk wrote:He's different. Seriously, Russell doesn't have that killer finish instinct that got him to this place. I was so against his starting 2012. Ha ha thought that was funny then. Now, not so much. Russell has been figured out.

Problem is our opinions about Ciara and her devastating effects on his career don't mean s*** to him and he's going to stick with her- that's his right. For now, we are stuck with a (increasingly) mediocre and getting worse qb. She killed his drive. This coming from one of his biggest fans, and a hawk fan since their 76' inception.

I have to say, I agree. He has lost something, doesn't have the same fight in him that he used to have. Not sure if it's his GF, or possibly his new salary. He isn't the same young kid just trying to make his way anymore though, and it shows. In the past, he HAD to win, and willed us back to victory when we were down. Now he almost seems content with whatever...
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:45 am

I think it's a symptom of his surrounding cast being inferior to the last few years.
They've lost their identity. Today's game they threw 32 times and ran 18.
We're supposed to be a run first team, but it seems to me we've become a pass first team - possibly in the hope of setting up the run. Whatever it is, it's not working.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:20 am

You get no argument from me that what they are doing is not working. What are we? 27th in the red zone on O? Where are we in 3rd down conversions (on both sides of the ball)? Not where we should be.

The symbiosis between the three phases of the game is soooo clear and the Hawks are missing it. The o-line appears the biggest culprit but soooo many 3rd down conversions allowed by the D have contributed. Games 1 - 9 (even the big wins in San Fran (0oops, Santa Clara) and against the Bears have big ***** next to them.

Go Hawks -
It's not too late.??
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:55 am

Hawk Sista wrote:You get no argument from me that what they are doing is not working. What are we? 27th in the red zone on O? Where are we in 3rd down conversions (on both sides of the ball)? Not where we should be.

The symbiosis between the three phases of the game is soooo clear and the Hawks are missing it. The o-line appears the biggest culprit but soooo many 3rd down conversions allowed by the D have contributed. Games 1 - 9 (even the big wins in San Fran (0oops, Santa Clara) and against the Bears have big ***** next to them.

Go Hawks -
It's not too late.??

27th? Ha! Try 32nd, worst in the league. Thanks to getting the ball handed to us on the 3 yard line, we were able to nudge our percentage up a bit yesterday, but we're still last in the league by a long shot.

I started the thread in jest, but there's clearly something different about Russell, whether it's Ciara, the big fat contract, or lingering effects from that recasting SB loss, the trip to Hawaii (perhaps it ought to be a trip to Spokane next season), he's clearly not the same quarterback that we've come to love and admire so much.

But I'm stubborn, I still haven't lost complete confidence in him, although this season is pretty much toast.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Honestly I don't think there clearly is something different about RW. I think it is a combination of our terrible O line play and the way teams are playing us. RW's numbers aren't terrible. His completion percentage and average per attempt are actually up. His Int % is about where it has been for his career. The only thing that is down, really is his TD % and that, IMO has a lot to do with how bad we have been overall in the red zone. He also has taken more sacks, but that at least partly is due to OL play.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:15 pm

We were 1 for 8 on 3rd downs on Sunday.
Think about that for a moment - a single 3rd down conversion in the entire game.
The Offense has to kick it up a notch for us to have a chance.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:16 pm

mykc14 wrote:Honestly I don't think there clearly is something different about RW. I think it is a combination of our terrible O line play and the way teams are playing us. RW's numbers aren't terrible. His completion percentage and average per attempt are actually up. His Int % is about where it has been for his career. The only thing that is down, really is his TD % and that, IMO has a lot to do with how bad we have been overall in the red zone. He also has taken more sacks, but that at least partly is due to OL play.

I'm not sure why you would be using an interception percentage rather than the more commonly used TD/INT ratio, but that ratio this season is 10/7. His three previous seasons were 26/10 (rookie season), 26/9, and 20/7. Now I'm no math wiz, but that looks quite a bit worse to me as he's on pace for about 18 or 19 picks, which would be over twice his average, and less than 20 TD passes, which would be a career low.

And that's not even considering that we brought in Graham specifically to help those red zone numbers and that he has a deep threat in Lockett that he hasn't had in the past. He has more weapons, less productivity.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm just going to resist the temptation to pile on Wilson's personal life.Ill say what I tell my employees. What you do on your own time does not concern me unless it affects what you do on my time.
I hope his off field life doesn't involve anything more serious than a jet set romance.

Professionally something is off with Wilson for sure. I was surprised to hear his post game comments after the 9er game where he said the offense was scoring "a good amount of points" before adding it could get better. It sounded a little out of touch for such a seemingly detail oriented man.

The line is indeed bad and it may be creeping into his head and though process. But it doesn't explain the inaccuracy on so many throws or the 3 or 4 horrible picks he has just thrown up for grabs this year. Carroll chewed him out after the ridiculous one vs the 9ers but it obviously didn't sink in.And for all the defensive issues yesterday it was Russ missing an open Jimmy Graham with 5 minutes left that handed the ball back to AZ with a lead they never surrendered.

RW has been a dream. He was a major factor in bringing a Lombardi to Seattle. I hope we can start seeing that guy again soon but its been a gloomy season so far.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:09 pm

RiverDog wrote:
I'm not sure why you would be using an interception percentage rather than the more commonly used TD/INT ratio, but that ratio this season is 10/7. His three previous seasons were 26/10 (rookie season), 26/9, and 20/7. Now I'm no math wiz, but that looks quite a bit worse to me as he's on pace for about 18 or 19 picks, which would be over twice his average, and less than 20 TD passes, which would be a career low.

And that's not even considering that we brought in Graham specifically to help those red zone numbers and that he has a deep threat in Lockett that he hasn't had in the past. He has more weapons, less productivity.

This is a long answer to a rather simple question, so sorry:

I like to look at TD% and INT% because it gives me a more accurate idea of INT's and TD's based on attempts. When RW threw 29 TD's that was a really high number compared to his attempts, whereas 29 TD's for somebody like Brees or Palmer isn't as impressive. The same is true with INT's. RW's INT numbers have been low but aren't as impressive as a guy like Palmer only having 9 or 10 at the end of a season. I don't exactly like to compare TD's to INT's because it is comparing 2 things that don't have anything to do with each other. I get that you want a QB who throws a lot of TD's and not very many picks (and RW's ratio is out of wack this year) but its mainly his TD% that is down, which is weird based on his other stats (more attempts, higher completion %, higher average per attempt) all of those should indicate more TD's, but they aren't there. In other words looking at the numbers a little closer he isn't having as bad a year as some think and his TD/INT ration would suggest. Cam Newton, on the other hand, is said to be in the MVP discussion with his 15/9 TD to INT ratio but looking at his stats he is having a worse season than RW (lower completion% 56 to 66; higher INT% 3.3 to 2.6; lower average per attempt 7.5 to 8.0 lower passer rating 84 to 91). The only areas he is doing better is his TD% 5.5 to 3.8 (which is way below RW's career average of almost 6%).
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:18 pm

mykc14 wrote:This is a long answer to a rather simple question, so sorry:

I like to look at TD% and INT% because it gives me a more accurate idea of INT's and TD's based on attempts. When RW threw 29 TD's that was a really high number compared to his attempts, whereas 29 TD's for somebody like Brees or Palmer isn't as impressive. The same is true with INT's. RW's INT numbers have been low but aren't as impressive as a guy like Palmer only having 9 or 10 at the end of a season. I don't exactly like to compare TD's to INT's because it is comparing 2 things that don't have anything to do with each other. I get that you want a QB who throws a lot of TD's and not very many picks (and RW's ratio is out of wack this year) but its mainly his TD% that is down, which is weird based on his other stats (more attempts, higher completion %, higher average per attempt) all of those should indicate more TD's, but they aren't there. In other words looking at the numbers a little closer he isn't having as bad a year as some think and his TD/INT ration would suggest. Cam Newton, on the other hand, is said to be in the MVP discussion with his 15/9 TD to INT ratio but looking at his stats he is having a worse season than RW (lower completion% 56 to 66; higher INT% 3.3 to 2.6; lower average per attempt 7.5 to 8.0 lower passer rating 84 to 91). The only areas he is doing better is his TD% 5.5 to 3.8 (which is way below RW's career average of almost 6%).

Thanks for explaining that, mykc. No need to apologize, I like reading your posts. And I understand what you are saying. But on pace to throw twice as many interceptions as he has in any of his past 3 seasons? That's not acceptable IMO. We are a run first, ball control team, and that demands that the quarterback be a good steward of the ball, like he has been in past seasons. Granted, our rushing yardage is down quite a bit, which puts more pressure on the passing game, but a lot of that in past seasons was derived from Russell's read option keepers and scrambles, and we're not seeing as much of that this season. Teams have adjusted and taken that away from him. And of course, we have the sack numbers, of which we all agree that a significant number are on him. He's not having a good season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Russ Wilson is a baseball player, thus he is in a slump now! The problem is baseball seasons have 10x as many games. Maybe have to put in Tavaris, then we can be the same as the Niners as both teams have been similar and on the same trajectories although SF is a year ahead.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Thanks for explaining that, mykc. No need to apologize, I like reading your posts. And I understand what you are saying. But on pace to throw twice as many interceptions as he has in any of his past 3 seasons? That's not acceptable IMO. We are a run first, ball control team, and that demands that the quarterback be a good steward of the ball, like he has been in past seasons. Granted, our rushing yardage is down quite a bit, which puts more pressure on the passing game, but a lot of that in past seasons was derived from Russell's read option keepers and scrambles, and we're not seeing as much of that this season. Teams have adjusted and taken that away from him. And of course, we have the sack numbers, of which we all agree that a significant number are on him. He's not having a good season.

I don't know about not having a good season either. He's certainly not playing his best season, but statistically speaking he's on pace for about 20 TD's and 13 INT's, not stellar by his standards but not bad either. In fact if he look at Brady's first 6 years as a starter none would have been considered good because RW is on pace to have a better season than all 6 (the next year was when they got Moss and he threw 50 TD's). Three years ago Brady had a season worse than what RW is on pace to have this year. My point is even with this bad OL and virtually no running game RW isn't playing terribly. This might be his worst season so far, but he's still on pace to have a good year.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Meydenbauer Bay ... That's where I want to be! (gimme, gimme)
Living in Meydenbauer Bay ...
Meydenbauer Bay ... Rolling like a celebrity! (gimme, gimme)
Living in Meydenbauer Bay ...
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:33 pm

mykc14 wrote:I don't know about not having a good season either. He's certainly not playing his best season, but statistically speaking he's on pace for about 20 TD's and 13 INT's, not stellar by his standards but not bad either. In fact if he look at Brady's first 6 years as a starter none would have been considered good because RW is on pace to have a better season than all 6 (the next year was when they got Moss and he threw 50 TD's). Three years ago Brady had a season worse than what RW is on pace to have this year. My point is even with this bad OL and virtually no running game RW isn't playing terribly. This might be his worst season so far, but he's still on pace to have a good year.

13 picks would be nearly double what he's thrown in the last two years. He only threw 7 in 2013 and 2014, and both years we went to the SB.

Russell isn't Brady or Manning. The team isn't built around him, it's built on a strong defense and a run first offense, so the standard has to be different. Fewer TD passes, fewer INT's, less yardage, but more efficient. My ultimate judgment of a good year for a quarterback is based on their W/L percentage. Montana trumps Marino. They are playing in what is by far the most influential position on the field.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:51 pm

"Something is off with Russell Wilson, it must be his girlfriend" How ridiculous! Russell being the most sacked quarterback in the NFL might have something to do with his being off, you THINK???

I know, I know, not ALL of his sacks are the fault of the O-Line, a few are his own fault. But, he is having to run the offense of Darrell Bevel with fewer and fewer decent players, and many of you think it is his GIRLFRIEND????

"The seperation is in the preperation"-RW So, are some posters saying that Russell has been slacking off in his preperation? I guess Marshawn Lynch has been slacking off too, NOT!

The PROBLEM is Darrell Bevel and the fact Pete seems to have a "man crush" on him. Paul Allen needs to talk to Pete and let him know that Bevel has got to go.

I am certain that Pete's ego would love to see his bust in Canton, well, he is NEVER going to be enshrined if he lets the team he and J.S. built fall apart because Pete couldn't admit he has made a mistake holding on to Bevel so long.

Hey PETE! Mike Holmgren wants to get into Canton himself, you have built him a defense which was HIS weak point. Now, Holmy knows what to do with an offense and I'll bet he has been chipping his teeth in to Paul's ear telling him how quickly he could turn around this team which you seem hell bent on tearing apart all over YOUR EGO. Get with the program Pete, or don't let the door hit your behind on the way out!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 pm

A few posts up, RD said he started this thread in jest, but something is different.
I think it's the pressure of not winning and the new contract and the expectations (his own as much as others) that come with now making so much. Add in the OL woes and he has an almost perfect storm.
Fix the OL, and he will play a lot better.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:52 pm

RiverDog wrote:13 picks would be nearly double what he's thrown in the last two years. He only threw 7 in 2013 and 2014, and both years we went to the SB.

Russell isn't Brady or Manning. The team isn't built around him, it's built on a strong defense and a run first offense, so the standard has to be different. Fewer TD passes, fewer INT's, less yardage, but more efficient. My ultimate judgment of a good year for a quarterback is based on their W/L percentage. Montana trumps Marino. They are playing in what is by far the most influential position on the field.

Not a big deal, but in 2013 he threw 9 INT's, not 7.

After 9 games in 2013 he had 6 picks (7 this year).

After 9 games in 2014 he had 11 TD's (10 this year). Just showing he is not dramatically off his numbers from previous years.

I purposely chose those years for Brady because he actually was what RW is now. Early in his career he was on a team who didn't require him to carry the load. He was on a run first team with a very strong defense. His passing yards per game those years were between 190 - 235 each of those years except 1 (256) and in every one of those seasons his numbers were worse than RW's project to be this year (except TD passes). Again, I am not saying he has been great this year, but I wouldn't call the season he is putting together a bad or 'not good' year by any means. This would have been considered Tom Brady's best year early in his career. Big Ben would be another QB who was asked to be the type of player RW has been asked to be as well and he put up TD/INT ratios of 17/11, 17/9, 18/23 (yikes), 32/11 (much better), 17/15 in his first 5 years starting. Ironically he currently as 10 TD's and 7 INT's to match RW (of course that's in a few less games and about 50 less attempts).
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am

mykc14 wrote:Not a big deal, but in 2013 he threw 9 INT's, not 7.

After 9 games in 2013 he had 6 picks (7 this year).

After 9 games in 2014 he had 11 TD's (10 this year). Just showing he is not dramatically off his numbers from previous years.

I purposely chose those years for Brady because he actually was what RW is now. Early in his career he was on a team who didn't require him to carry the load. He was on a run first team with a very strong defense. His passing yards per game those years were between 190 - 235 each of those years except 1 (256) and in every one of those seasons his numbers were worse than RW's project to be this year (except TD passes). Again, I am not saying he has been great this year, but I wouldn't call the season he is putting together a bad or 'not good' year by any means. This would have been considered Tom Brady's best year early in his career. Big Ben would be another QB who was asked to be the type of player RW has been asked to be as well and he put up TD/INT ratios of 17/11, 17/9, 18/23 (yikes), 32/11 (much better), 17/15 in his first 5 years starting. Ironically he currently as 10 TD's and 7 INT's to match RW (of course that's in a few less games and about 50 less attempts).

My bad. Russell had 9 picks in 2013, 7 in 2014. Nevertheless, 10 picks in 9 games puts him on pace for 18, which would double each of the two previous seasons. Also, his rating and QBR is way down, both at career lows, a function of the TD/Int I suspect. Plus he has to bear some responsibility for our offensive performance in general. We have the worst red zone performance in the league, we are tied for 29th worst in total first downs, our 3rd down conversion rate is well below 40%, and the offense's points production is horrible (hard to sort out the DST scores/setups). A good share of that performance has to be attributed to poor QB play. Plus there's a lot of little things he's not doing that doesn't show up in the stat line. Sunday night, we got called for delay of game after some sort of play stoppage and with plenty of timeouts to give. That's all on him.

But I really don't want to get into another Anthony-style debate over his statistics where we each cherry pick those that support our argument. Like I said earlier, in this day and age of the quarterback friendly NFL, the QB has more responsibility than ever for the performance of his team. One of the facts that everybody trumpeted about Russell Wilson prior to this season was his W/L record, most wins in first three years, his record vs. Rodgers/Brady/Manning, et al, now many want to point to his stats and discount his W/L record and tell me that he's not having that bad of a season.

Russell is having a bad year, and I don't care what his stats say. I'll employ Futureite's eye test if I have to.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:01 am

RiverDog wrote:
My bad. Russell had 9 picks in 2013, 7 in 2014. Nevertheless, 10 picks in 9 games puts him on pace for 18, which would double each of the two previous seasons. Also, his rating and QBR is way down, both at career lows, a function of the TD/Int I suspect. Plus he has to bear some responsibility for our offensive performance in general. We have the worst red zone performance in the league, we are tied for 29th worst in total first downs, our 3rd down conversion rate is well below 40%, and the offense's points production is horrible (hard to sort out the DST scores/setups). A good share of that performance has to be attributed to poor QB play. Plus there's a lot of little things he's not doing that doesn't show up in the stat line. Sunday night, we got called for delay of game after some sort of play stoppage and with plenty of timeouts to give. That's all on him.

But I really don't want to get into another Anthony-style debate over his statistics where we each cherry pick those that support our argument. Like I said earlier, in this day and age of the quarterback friendly NFL, the QB has more responsibility than ever for the performance of his team. One of the facts that everybody trumpeted about Russell Wilson prior to this season was his W/L record, most wins in first three years, his record vs. Rodgers/Brady/Manning, et al, now many want to point to his stats and discount his W/L record and tell me that he's not having that bad of a season.

Russell is having a bad year, and I don't care what his stats say. I'll employ Futureite's eye test if I have to.

Again not a big deal, but he 'only' has 7 picks this year so far so he's on pace for about 13. IMO picks aren't the problem he has been on this pace for picks in a season before, with fewer overall attempts. The issue is a lack of TD passes.

I agree about not having an Anthony style debate, and don't want to make it seem like I'm making excuses for RW, but he simply isn't having as bad of a year as you are trying to make it seem. It's not usually like you to just throw out stats all together and give any credence to the 'eye test' future employs.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 pm

mykc14 wrote:Again not a big deal, but he 'only' has 7 picks this year so far so he's on pace for about 13. IMO picks aren't the problem he has been on this pace for picks in a season before, with fewer overall attempts. The issue is a lack of TD passes.

I agree about not having an Anthony style debate, and don't want to make it seem like I'm making excuses for RW, but he simply isn't having as bad of a year as you are trying to make it seem. It's not usually like you to just throw out stats all together and give any credence to the 'eye test' future employs.

Man, is my homework bad or what! I guess my excuse is that I don't often pour over statistics so I must have been reading from the wrong columns or years. I'll have to concede... statistically, that is.

But I still contend that he's having a bad year. You've done a good job at proving your point via his individual numbers, but our team numbers, ie red zone efficiency, total first downs, and points scored (less those not due to DST) are all horrible, plus other underwhelming team numbers, like 3rd down conversions, passing yardage, and total offense, and he's a big part of that, if not the main part.

Bottom line is that we're not winning games, and I'll always hold the QB accountable at least to some degree. I've given Russell tons of credit when we were winning, it only makes sense to call him out when we're losing.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:38 pm

That impression for me is because of the Offense isn't scoring enough in the 2nd half.
It can really skew how you feel when you see other teams scoring points to win and our team going 3 and out to lose.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Looks like the movement is picking up steam and going national.

Also looks like Russell has\is losing the locker room - just as I forecasted way back during Russell "Greedapalooza" tour last spring\summer - that there would be locker room impacts from his greed:

http://nypost.com/2015/11/16/friction-greed-and-ciara-the-glaring-decline-of-the-seahawks/
savvyman
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:59 pm

mykc14 wrote:[

Again not a big deal, but he 'only' has 7 picks this year so far so he's on pace for about 13. IMO picks aren't the problem he has been on this pace for picks in a season before, with fewer overall attempts. The issue is a lack of TD passes.

Actually Russel is on track to have 473 attempts to 452 last year, crazy I know. And just to make it more crazier he so far has a 65.8 completion % to 63.1 last year. What is down is the rushing yards for Russel, last year 7.2 and so far this year 5.5 yards per carry and his attempts are pretty much dead on, 7.2 was really high 5.5 is normal for him. I do how ever think those picks matter, they are most of the time towards end/red zone this year and take not only TD away but also a field goal attempt. That interception was on him, in previous years corners etc had to fight for a interception, this year he's kind of giving them to them. But he had not a good game Sunday, it is hard to put your finger on it this year what is wrong because so much is wrong but man I can't even remember the last time they lost with 39 points AT HOME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Even though the defense kept them in the game with 2+ turnovers they let the opponent again just march across the field and score at will and they did it with the most ease I have seen in long time. It is not unusual for the offense to show up at half time but the defense kept it close most of the time for some reason they can't do it lately. Since week 1 the offense has improved and had plenty of room to improve further but the defense has regressed with no end in sight, a 35 yard TD and 48 yard rushing TD, what a joke. Legion of jokes, 39 flipping points AT HOME. And I was going to add a piece about how the refs screwed but I was getting PI$$3D OF ALL OVER AGAIN about that pathetic calling by the stripes so you have to do without that, I don't want to get banned by Yoder or Mak.
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:05 pm

They wouldn't have scored 39 points if they didn't have the ball.
Our Offense only converted 1 of 8 3rd down plays.
For a team whose identity is a tough run, grind it out Offense to have that kind of a stat is pathetic.
It's the main reason the Cards scored so many.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:49 pm

NorthHawk wrote:They wouldn't have scored 39 points if they didn't have the ball.
Our Offense only converted 1 of 8 3rd down plays.
For a team whose identity is a tough run, grind it out Offense to have that kind of a stat is pathetic.
It's the main reason the Cards scored so many.

Hm, I must have have been watching different team because I was under the impression that this team was build on defense? I see this legion of boom all over tv, no legion of offense. But you are right, we all expect something better than 1 of 8 on 3rd down so you are just calling the cards really good for doing 8/17 on third down, I just call that bad defense on the amount of $$ you have spend on defense. Please don't get me wrong I have been criticizing the offense all season long but with what the defense is allowing 8/17 at home is just pathetic. I don't care about t.o.p they are at home. Previous years the defense shut them down and gave the ball back to offense, now, they let the other team score...and then give ball to offense. How many people get paid on offense? Wilson, Jimmy and Beast.that's about it right? Oh yeah I forgot Kearse and Baldwin get some money to (both of them barely go over half of what Lynch makes by himself) I would have listed defense but to much work. Sorry but I expect better from the highest paid defense in the league, much better not 39 points allowed at home. There is something seriously wrong on that side of the ball, something has changed. In the last two losses some tight end has burned them over the middle, Bam Bam used to eat them for breakfast, I remember him taking out davis on first flipping drive, thomas etc I don't know if it's scheme or what but all our loses have been in same way only differnece in last one is that offense actually scored some points, 25 to be exact, should have been 27 but some guy decided to go for 2pnt conversions that did not work. The offense needs work but did enough to win a game for you with the "best" defense on the other side of the ball, last year they where on the road in san diego and the t.o.p. was even worse and they did not even let the chargers score that much
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:59 am

I have been yelling at the TV for a couple years now that the Hawks HAVE to quit relying so much on the defense and step it up on the O, as most of us had. If they would have built a better O, The D would not be suffering this kind of disappointment, they would hopefully be off the field more often . Teams over the last few seasons DID get away with a lot of short passes, my guess to the TE but I'm not sure, the difference is that they didn't allow the scoring. This year is what I was fearing all along, that the Hawks are not giving enough attention to the O and now it shows. Did Pete really think that he could allow teams to throw all over them year in and year out and consistently year in and year out prevent scoring doing the SAME THING as the always have.

Russel has been figured out, he needs to BETTER his game. The O has ALWAYS been predictable. It is sad to watch. Whether it is Bevfool of just all the talent we can muster on O, the hawks need to address this in the off season. I really have a hard time going the Ciara is too much route. There are a lot of players with HOT wives and even KIDS, they do just fine. Kids are much more distracting than a hot GF. That is on Russel if he can't have a GF and play ball, but I just don't see this as the case. One could say he needs to spend less time at the children's hospital just as easy. The one saying that just runs the risk of being called heartless or something else. I'm not concerned whether he visits sick kids or not. Do you think that it is Ciara that is on his mind when he runs STRAIGHT into the d-line thinking he can scramble THROUGH them? If that is the case, bench then cut him if needed!

I think that us fans are going to have to accept that this is what happens to teams that are great. They can't keep it up forever but we should be able to expect a lot better as of right now.

Maybe this is just a bad year. Russel never had a "sophomore slump", maybe this is his time for that. Just like Andrew luck, this year they both suck.
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:48 am

Hm, I must have have been watching different team because I was under the impression that this team was build on defense? I see this legion of boom all over tv, no legion of offense. But you are right, we all expect something better than 1 of 8 on 3rd down so you are just calling the cards really good for doing 8/17 on third down, I just call that bad defense on the amount of $$ you have spend on defense.

Here's how that works:
The Defense holds the other team and the Offense gets a lead then grinds it out. It's designed to limit high scoring Offenses of the other team to limited opportunities.
What did you see happen? Did the Offense move the ball or did it move backward the first quarter and give the Cards 19 points by half time.
The Defense did its job - it scored 2 TDs (I know technically 1, but they might as well have scored 2).
When the team did get a lead (thanks largely to the Defense), the Offense could not grind out the clock.
Not only were we 1 of 8 on 3rd down, but we had 0 10 play drives. This from a team whose identity is supposed to be a ball control Offense that will get a lead and run the clock down so the other team doesn't get a chance.

Sure, the Defense isn't what it used to be, but I described our Offense a year or so ago as a popgun Offense. It's not even that now, and even the best Defenses can't make up for that decline in production.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 pm

We really gonna ask a man to dump this?

Really?

Not me.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 am

I didn't realize she's that thin. :lol:
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Looking at Ciara's list of previous boyfriends I understand why Wilson wants celibacy. I have to question why he doesn't find a more wholesome woman though...Guess to each their own, as long as it doesn't affect his performance on the field.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:28 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:Looking at Ciara's list of previous boyfriends I understand why Wilson wants celibacy. I have to question why he doesn't find a more wholesome woman though...Guess to each their own, as long as it doesn't affect his performance on the field.

That was the premise of the OP.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:08 am

I think we can call off Ciara watch for a week huh? The man hung up one of his best games as a pro Sunday.
All the hand wringing and whining says more about the spoiled rotten fan base and the lap dog sports media than it says about Russell Wilson.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:03 am

Hawktawk wrote:I think we can call off Ciara watch for a week huh? The man hung up one of his best games as a pro Sunday.
All the hand wringing and whining says more about the spoiled rotten fan base and the lap dog sports media than it says about Russell Wilson.

+1
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:20 am

Hawktawk wrote:I think we can call off Ciara watch for a week huh? The man hung up one of his best games as a pro Sunday.

And Tebow made the championship game. While I agree a little, more consistency from RW would have avoided the hand wringing and whining which has been MUCH DESERVED for the play on the field. I still do not think that Ciara (or a woman for that matter) is the culprit. If that is the case then RW is in a lot more trouble than we even know. Most players have GF's, wives, kids....... Not an excuse for poor play, IMO. We could blame him for visiting too many kids at the hospital too, it just SOUNDS more callous so no one mentions it or would even consider criticizing him for it though it is no different. It is all about focus but NO ONE is ALL FOOTBALL ALL THE TIME AT ALL TIMES.
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:57 am

[quote="Hawktown
And Tebow made the championship game. While I agree a little, more consistency from RW would have avoided the hand wringing and whining which has been MUCH DESERVED for the play on the field. I still do not think that Ciara (or a woman for that matter) is the culprit. If that is the case then RW is in a lot more trouble than we even know. Most players have GF's, wives, kids....... Not an excuse for poor play, IMO. We could blame him for visiting too many kids at the hospital too, it just SOUNDS more callous so no one mentions it or would even consider criticizing him for it though it is no different. It is all about focus but NO ONE is ALL FOOTBALL ALL THE TIME AT ALL TIMES.[/quote]

Why is Tebow in this discussion? I like the guy a lot and tell me again Kelley has a better winner on his roster right now. Could Tebow have maybe squeaked out one win for the Cowboys instead of going 0-7?
For the record Tim Tebow won one playoff game, at home vs the Stealers. Manning was 1-2 at home in the playoffs.

I do see a couple of similarities between RW and Tebow. Beyond the faith they share and their quirky public persona both have unconventional styles, generally take care of the football, and have a knack for winning even when playing poorly.

Obviously Wilsons accomplishments already dwarf the entire careers of many QB's. He is the most elusive QB in the league and his throwing mechanics are light years better but as any QB he goes through periods when he is not as accurate.
Unfortunately there have been situations this year where he and the defense have both been off at the same time which spells L. Sunday was not like that. It was Wilsons best game of the year by a wide margin and this is the time to get hot.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 am

How in the heck did Tebow get into this discussion? I see almost no on the field similarities between him and RW. Tebow is big, Russell is small, Tebow had poor mechanics, Russell has very good mechanics, and the biggest difference of all, Russell is an NFL player and Tebow is not.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum