Saints and Bounties

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Saints and Bounties

Postby yoder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Harvin in the locker room twice, in only a few plays. Both hits were questionable. Or is Harvin just not ready?
yoder
Site Admin

Re: Saints and Bounties

Postby Distant Relative » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 pm

yoder wrote:Harvin in the locker room twice, in only a few plays. Both hits were questionable. Or is Harvin just not ready?

Dirty Busch league play no doubt! Dude needs to pay for that!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Yeah, the Saints never stopped their Bounty program. I am sure there are other teams that do it too.

What makes me angry is hearing the announcers justify the dirty play by saying that the Saints "needed" to go down to the Seahawks level as if the Seahawks are a dirty team too.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Sure looks that way Yoder.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:37 pm

The grimacing look on Peyton's face makes it even worse.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 pm

WTH.

Looks to me BountyGate was more Sean Peyton than we were lead to believe.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:22 pm

I never believed that the HC of the so-called "Saints" didn't know what was going on. The HC ALWAYS knows what's going on.

Payton knew his team couldn't hang with our Seahawks so he decided that if certain key players were injured, especially early in the game that they would have a chance to win the game. They were really worried about Harvin because his play would have opened up our whole offense. His presence would have been more apparent if there hadn't have been the storm. It was so obvious that both Tate and Harvin were targeted. Their O-Line was holding the entire game and the officials just ignored it yet called a bogus holding call on Breno. The holding call on Okung was the correct call and it was his hold that had sprung Lynch.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 pm

A player has to be put in the position to be vulnerable.
The first hit on Harvin was because the play involved a pass that floated. Kam would have crushed him if the situation was reversed. The 2nd was what goes on in the end zone when a player has a chance for a TD. He gets hit. Hard.
I don't think there was any attempt to injure other than what goes on in every game.

We complain about the wimping of football so we can't complain when physical play happens to us.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:40 pm

NorthHawk wrote:A player has to be put in the position to be vulnerable.
The first hit on Harvin was because the play involved a pass that floated. Kam would have crushed him if the situation was reversed. The 2nd was what goes on in the end zone when a player has a chance for a TD. He gets hit. Hard.
I don't think there was any attempt to injure other than what goes on in every game.

We complain about the wimping of football so we can't complain when physical play happens to us.

Ditto. Word for word. Great post, North Hawk!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:59 pm

The hit that I question was the first one he was hurt on, the side line play. The ball had hit his hands and the defender broke it up. Then the N.O. defender launched himself and hit Harvin in the helmet with his helmet. You know and I know that if Kam Chamcellor had done that he would have been flagged. First for leaving his feet when he launched himself and secondly when he aimed his helmet to hit Harvin's helmet. I want the calls to be called evenly and today they weren't.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:08 pm

RiverDog wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:A player has to be put in the position to be vulnerable.

Ditto. Word for word. Great post, North Hawk!

I see your point, but what are the odds of getting nailed twice, in only a few receptions. Everyone else powered through it...and have done so all season (more or less). It comes back to the original question, bounty on Harvin, or Harvin not being ready for prime time? Something is wrong either way.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 pm

The 1st hit on Harvin was questionable, IMO.
2nd one in end zone had more to do with Percy being able to jump 4 ft high, then landing hard on turf.
Sigh.
I hope he's ready to go next week, 'cause we could really use him for a passing game that is now officially anemic, with our OL being the main reason for it.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm

He'll be back next week. There is no tomorrow for this team. Either we win or we are done and the laughing stock of the NFL.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:He'll be back next week. There is no tomorrow for this team. Either we win or we are done and the laughing stock of the NFL.

Be interesting to see if he passes league protocol, because NFL has been reminding teams of it this past week.
Hard to be laughing stock when you're in the CCG, but I understand how you feel as a fan.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:The hit that I question was the first one he was hurt on, the side line play. The ball had hit his hands and the defender broke it up. Then the N.O. defender launched himself and hit Harvin in the helmet with his helmet. You know and I know that if Kam Chamcellor had done that he would have been flagged. First for leaving his feet when he launched himself and secondly when he aimed his helmet to hit Harvin's helmet. I want the calls to be called evenly and today they weren't.

I'm completely comfortable with no call on that play. I wish it was called like that every game equally. The defender was finishing the play and had committed to hitting the receiver. It was his shoulder that hit Harvin who was falling, but it was a bang bang play that I hope will never be called. The fault was in the ball floating to the WR with a Safety in the area.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Zorn76 wrote:
Eaglehawk wrote:He'll be back next week. There is no tomorrow for this team. Either we win or we are done and the laughing stock of the NFL.

Be interesting to see if he passes league protocol, because NFL has been reminding teams of it this past week.
Hard to be laughing stock when you're in the CCG, but I understand how you feel as a fan.

You got my drift. I never thought about the protocol of the mandatory off week. Harvin might be real close to this I feel. It's all about his symptoms, before and after IMO.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 pm

NorthHawk wrote:
Seahawks4Ever wrote:The hit that I question was the first one he was hurt on, the side line play. The ball had hit his hands and the defender broke it up. Then the N.O. defender launched himself and hit Harvin in the helmet with his helmet. You know and I know that if Kam Chamcellor had done that he would have been flagged. First for leaving his feet when he launched himself and secondly when he aimed his helmet to hit Harvin's helmet. I want the calls to be called evenly and today they weren't.

I'm completely comfortable with no call on that play. I wish it was called like that every game equally. The defender was finishing the play and had committed to hitting the receiver. It was his shoulder that hit Harvin who was falling, but it was a bang bang play that I hope will never be called. The fault was in the ball floating to the WR with a Safety in the area.

I think first hit was helmet to helmet and it got flagged. The second hit no problem. Northhawk, as you correctly said, bang bang.
He hit him with his shoulder, I saw less intent with the Jenkins hit on Harvin than with the first hit.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 am

I didn't see anything I'd call ridiculous out there today. I saw a team that got humiliated just a few weeks ago come in trying to set the tome and send a message. Not just for this year, but for next year as well. We are arguably the most physical team in football. We are definitely the most penalized. We lay our share of licks on people, too.

The Saints probably understood there was little chance of them beating us today and that likely why they were doing all the cornball stuff this past week...probably just having fun with their main goal to set the tone for next year while getting some pride back and making things uncomfortable for the team that would keep them from the SB twice this year.

That and I doubt Harvin is the most popular player (among the league's players) to begin with. Why not take a shot at him? I sure would.

BTW...props to Percy today. I liked what I saw from him and look forward to more of the same effort. With so few reps and contact, his is a tough transition right now. I hope he gets some practice this week.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 pm

I saw a lot of hard hitting on both sides and I saw the refs letting 'em play.

This is a good thing.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum