Official Seahawks vs 49ers Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs 49ers Game Thread

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Go Bengals tonight!!!
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:03 pm

A good game against a bad team. Rawls!
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:A good game against a bad team. Rawls!

Agree on the Niners being a bad team, however Rawls went big against the Bengals as well. I think Rawls is the real deal and his speed to the edge or thru the hole is something The Beast hasn't shown this season.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:42 am

We took care of business.
And it's a good feeling, even if it came against a poor team like SF.

Rawls played very well, to say the least, and he's giving himself a solid shot at being the heir apparent to Beast.
That said, I'd still like us to draft a kid that has equal if not greater upside. Having a 1-2 punch with Rawls and a good rook would be a nice combo.

Meanwhile, let's hope he gets some running room next week. The Steelers have their own flaws, but they are plenty motivated to add to their 6-4 record heading into this game. They also are only 2 back of Cincy for the division as well.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:29 am

Great win. That team beat Atlanta last week and the QB is playing NFL caliber ball.

The Stealers will not be easy. Palmer showed a blueprint Big Ben can easily replicate with the most explosive reciever in the NFL. Seattle will need to be way better than the AZ game because its a rerun IMO.
Still the hex of the 2-2-2-2 is broken so hopefully they will rip off 6 more.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Whidbey Island Girl » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:We get a first down and then lose it to Sweezy's error. Wilson sacked! I think our boys are needing that halftime respite. I just hope this isn't the setup up to a huge disappointment like last week. We were ahead last week and then let it go! We're ahead now.....I hope it stays that way for a win!

We were behind at the half last week, down two scores I believe.

Dude, sorry....Got a little excited and ahead of myself....Thanks for calling me back! When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong....
Whidbey Island Girl
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:28 am

A very so-so weekend. The good news is that Rawls has left little doubt in anybody's mind that he's the heir apparent to replace Lynch. Man, did he look good! Our offense scored touchdowns on their first three drives, the first time that's happened in I don't know how long. And the Falcons lost, putting us just one game behind them in the race for a wild card spot.

The bad news is like in all of our wins, we are shooting cripples. The Niners are horrible, without a doubt one of the worst teams in the league. Beating them on our home turf does not increase my optimism one tiny bit. Our wins have come over the last place Cowboys, last place Lions, 2nd to last Bears, and two wins over the last place 49'ers. The teams we've beaten are a combined 13-27. And the Cards won, beating a division leader, and decreasing our chances of catching them and winning the division.

I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to next Sunday's game. If we beat the Steelers with a healthy Ben Worthlessburger and look good in doing so, #12 might get a trip to the top of my flag pole. If not, then I'll be shopping on Amazon for some insecticide to prevent it from getting eaten up by the moths as it's likely to be in storage until next September.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 am

Maybe bittersweet in that there was good news and bad, and perhaps the end of an era for the guy that most embodies the team's identity for the last half-decade, but it was anything but "so-so"! Damn exciting I'd call it, even against sub par competition.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:47 am

Hawktawk wrote:Great win. That team beat Atlanta last week and the QB is playing NFL caliber ball.

The Stealers will not be easy. Palmer showed a blueprint Big Ben can easily replicate with the most explosive reciever in the NFL. Seattle will need to be way better than the AZ game because its a rerun IMO.
Still the hex of the 2-2-2-2 is broken so hopefully they will rip off 6 more.

What is the 2-2-2-2 thing you guys are talking about?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:00 am

In 88' ( I think) the Seahawks played an entire season by winning two and then losing two to finish at 8-8. Frustrating season, almost worse than a horrible year.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am

This game was fun to watch, or, I should say, Rawls was fun to watch. The kid is running strong and fast, and he looks hungry. That's something that seems to be in shorter supply for the team this season compared to last few years. The offense as a whole did look better though.

I see where River is coming from; it would be a relief to see this team finish against a +.500 team. I still take some hope from the fact that the Seahawks had a 4th quarter lead against every +.500 team they lost to, which was every loss. It is not like the talent isn't there to compete and win. They've got to find a way and soon. The playoffs are not out of reach.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 am

HumanCockroach wrote:In 88' ( I think) the Seahawks played an entire season by winning two and then losing two to finish at 8-8. Frustrating season, almost worse than a horrible year.

Ah, thanks. Now it makes sense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:01 am

That was a great win. After his toughest week in the press Wilson completed 84% of his passes, a career high and made no mistakes. Rawls need I say more? The QB was sacked 5 times by this team a few weeks ago. The defense did enough against a QB who was playing pretty decently for SF. Any win is a great win. I'm ecstatic. At least the 2-2-2-2 hex is broken lets get 6 more and go to the tournament.

BTW the 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 8-8 season was Knox's 3rd season,1985. Hawks were 12-4 the season before and preseason SB faves. There were some eerie parallels between that team and this. 2 very loaded teams sleepwalking through the season.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:53 am

The Offense finally put together a complete game.
The OL played great most of the game and opened some holes that even Lou Rawls could have run through.
Some good long drives, and power running that sets up the pass - it's what our identity has been the last few years and we seem to have gotten away from it this year.
Thomas Rawls really hits the hole quick and hard. That's quite different from Lynch who often dances a bit then pops through and powers for a good gain.
They actually complement each other very well, but I doubt they get to play together long enough to share playing time what with Lynch's injury and his big contract next year.

Hopefully this is the start of a run, but the Steelers have a dynamic Offense and bring a lot of different blitz packages on Defense that might cause big problems for our OL.
We'll see how it goes, but if we can establish the run early, it should open up the pass and from what I've seen, I don't think Pittsburgh's secondary is that good.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Hawktawk wrote:That was a great win. After his toughest week in the press Wilson completed 84% of his passes, a career high and made no mistakes. Rawls need I say more? The QB was sacked 5 times by this team a few weeks ago. The defense did enough against a QB who was playing pretty decently for SF. Any win is a great win. I'm ecstatic. At least the 2-2-2-2 hex is broken lets get 6 more and go to the tournament.

BTW the 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 8-8 season was Knox's 3rd season,1985. Hawks were 12-4 the season before and preseason SB faves. There were some eerie parallels between that team and this. 2 very loaded teams sleepwalking through the season.

We beat a team on our home turf that is now 3-7 and are a runaway train heading for a washed out bridge. They started their 2nd string quarterback against us. They are in for a major rebuild and just about everyone is expecting their former franchise QB to be traded or released. I might call it a solid win, definitely call it an expected win, but a "great" win? Not hardly.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:16 am

Any win is a great win. A month ago the niners sacked Wilson 5 times and picked him twice. They entered their bye week off a win vs Atlanta. They UPGRADED the QB position. MOF Gabbert passed for more yards than all but 7 QBs in the league Sunday but the Hawks did what they needed on defense and the offense was spot on. The 9ers had been super stout vs the run and held Devonta Freeman under 20 yards...The 9ers mounted a charge but Seattle flipped the script in the 4th quarter.

Great win, there is no other type of win when Ive seen the alternative 5 times already this year...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:11 am

Hawktawk wrote:Any win is a great win. A month ago the niners sacked Wilson 5 times and picked him twice. They entered their bye week off a win vs Atlanta. They UPGRADED the QB position. MOF Gabbert passed for more yards than all but 7 QBs in the league Sunday but the Hawks did what they needed on defense and the offense was spot on. The 9ers had been super stout vs the run and held Devonta Freeman under 20 yards...The 9ers mounted a charge but Seattle flipped the script in the 4th quarter.

Great win, there is no other type of win when Ive seen the alternative 5 times already this year...

Yea, well to each their own. About the only thing that I would elevate into the 'great' category from that game was the play of Thomas Rawls, perhaps No E. Everything else was pretty much an expected result. But don't let me rain on your parade. Go ahead and do some cartwheels if you feel up to it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum