Justice served?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Justice served?

Postby Mo the Toe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:39 am

A good friend I work with is a BIG vikings fan and a bit of a turd stirrer. He dresses up as Randy Moss for Halloween type of fan. He brought in 4 viks shirts and hung them around our department. In the afternoon I gathered them up and put a sign on them that said Free jerseys-unable to sell and goodwill won't take. Well somebody actually took them. I kinda feel bad but not that bad since he instigated it by bringing that crap into a Seahawk environment {not in our house}. QUESTION: should I feel obligated to replace them? They left the Moss jersey so it was 2 viking sweaters and a Minn. Farve jersey, which like a Seahawk Rice jersey, I wish never existed anyways.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Re: Justice served?

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:A good friend I work with is a BIG vikings fan and a bit of a turd stirrer. He dresses up as Randy Moss for Halloween type of fan. He brought in 4 viks shirts and hung them around our department. In the afternoon I gathered them up and put a sign on them that said Free jerseys-unable to sell and goodwill won't take. Well somebody actually took them. I kinda feel bad but not that bad since he instigated it by bringing that crap into a Seahawk environment {not in our house}. QUESTION: should I feel obligated to replace them? They left the Moss jersey so it was 2 viking sweaters and a Minn. Farve jersey, which like a Seahawk Rice jersey, I wish never existed anyways.

Seems like he had it coming.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:19 pm

If he hung them in his cubicle or office then they are out of bounds, but if he hung them around the dept, they deserved to be filched even if it was your practical joke that caused it.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:56 pm

It sounds like it had to be someone at work that took them- just announce that it was a joke and ask for them to be returned?

If there's no chance for them to be returned, I'd apologize, but I don't see you as being obligated in any way- there's no way whoever took them didn't know it was a joke, so he put them out there for a dishonest person to take just as you did.

That's my view anyway.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:31 pm

He's a good friend so if he gets to butt hurt I'll get him a jersey. I did put a sign in the same spot that asks that they be returned as they meant something to a poor viking fan who will be quite sad on monday morning after the loss. But they could still keep the Minnesota Farve jersey. Hawks win this game and I'll feel good about a post season game!
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Mo the Toe wrote:He's a good friend so if he gets to butt hurt I'll get him a jersey.

A Seahawks jersey I hope.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:41 pm

He definitely had it coming. What a great counter you came up with!
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:32 am

I approve 100% Moe. Hes a Loser....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:00 am

Hawktawk wrote:I approve 100% Moe. Hes a Loser....

Take it easy on the guy- he says he's a good friend, something I didn't really consider.

Yeah, that makes it more complicated. Buying him a new jersey is probably worth the good will and friendship it'll maintain.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:34 pm

I always find it kinda amazing that some people cannot imagine that another person who maybe grew up in another city might like another team other than the Seahawks........
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Be a fan of whoever you want. But don't hang a jersey and flaunt it Seahawks country or pay the consequences. I didn't hang a Seahawks Franco Harris jersey in the break room. 28-0? I feel like I was picking on the underprivileged! He shouldn't want them Back now anyways.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:33 pm

He should probably buy you a jersey after that beatdown today.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:41 am

Give him his jerseys Moe. I texted him "whose your daddy" and he seemed pretty enraged.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum