Paul Richardson to IR

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Paul Richardson to IR

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Shut down for the year.
At least it wasn't his ACL again, but was the Hamstring not responding well enough to play.
He should be 100% by next year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Re: Paul Richardson to IR

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:22 pm

IMO, still need to find more depth at WR next year.
Nice kid, good player - when healthy - but already have reached a point where it's too iffy to bank on him for the future.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Not good, missed thre entire season basically. Durability at this level was a concern if I remember. He was effective when healthy late last season and I hope he can get back.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:13 pm

What has crossed my mind is do we need both he and Tyler Lockett as they are similar types of receivers?
I would prefer a taller WR if we do add one.
We also need a TE who can block, not to mention OL and probably DT (with Hill often hurt and this being Mebane and Rubin's last years on their contracts).
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Would have been very nice closing out the rest of the season with the following four core receivers;

Baldwin
Graham
Lockette
Richardson

Hopefully Richardson and Graham return healthy for next season to give us the best receiving contingent that the Seahawk's may have ever had.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:05 pm

I would have really liked to see this offense with Richardson, he was really coming on towards the end of last year, but isn't really a big loss given that he hadn't played this year but a quarter. Hopefully he can come into camp next year completely healthy and we can see him live up to his draft status. This team needs to start hitting on those high draft picks.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:35 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Shut down for the year.
At least it wasn't his ACL again, but was the Hamstring not responding well enough to play.
He should be 100% by next year.

Good decision to shut him down.

He had a reputation coming out of college of not maintaining his concentration, taking plays off, etc, but I never saw that here. He made some tough catches last season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Not sure how he had a reputation for taking plays off River. He was Colorado's entire offense his last year. Double teamed consistently and still got most targets.

Richardson's speed and ability to run consistent routes make him quite valuable. I don't think Pete saw it as useful to keep him on the roster if he was still 4-6 weeks away from recovery, which is likely. They are having to move players around quite a bit and the roster spot is just too valuable. Marshawn being out requires they go with 5 WR on the roster to carry an extra back. They were able to bring Kevin Smith up from the practice squad when they cut Mathews loose and he got a target and catch his first game. They may also want to see what Kasen Williams can do before the year is out but that would likely require they get back to six WR.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:04 am

Old but Slow wrote:Savvy, I would replace Lockette with Lockett in that list.

Yep - I stand corrected.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:28 am

I agree with North and Zorn, time to punt on him, some players just have the injury plague due to size or whatever. Harvin, Tubbs, Anthony Simmons, ect. Cut him loose move on.
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum