Mike & Mike Show Quote

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Mike & Mike Show Quote

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:24 am

As I was driving into work this morning, I was listening to Mike & Mike on the radio. Goldberg was interviewing some correspondent who started out with something like, "What is the 1 thing that we can sum up about this weekend of football? ...The Seahawks are back!" That freaking made my day. Anyone else hear it?
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Re: Mike & Mike Show Quote

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Didn't hear it but it makes sense.

Actually, we'll be all the way back when we clinch a WC spot for the playoffs. Division is out of reach at this point.
The important thing is we get in the postseason, even if it means going on the road. It's still better than sitting at home.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:46 pm

We are 3 back right now in the division with 4 games left. It seems out of reach until you look at our schedule and the cardinals schedule.

Cardinals host Vikings, at Eagles, host Packers, and then host us to end the regular season. I think it's possible they lose 3 of those 4 last games including the season finale.

We have left at Ravens, host the Browns, host the Rams, and then at Arizona. All seem winnable games to me.

I think whoever wins the division could come down to the last game.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 pm

I think whoever wins the division could come down to the last game.

Wouldn't that be something. I'd have to call in sick for that one.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Hope no letdown just because Ravens are really bad now and Johnny Football will be starting in Seattle unless he goes on a bender.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Cardinals host Vikings, at Eagles, host Packers, and then host us to end the regular season. I think it's possible they lose 3 of those 4 last games including the season finale.

They're playing well- no smoke and mirrors this year- so I can *easily* see them beating MIN, PHI, and GB (assuming GB keeps looking like they have recently).

I think the realistic goal is 5-seed wildcard, and for that we want them to beat the Vikings, and I think we'd prefer they beat GB, too (GB isn't going to win 3/4 of remaining games, so that should put us ahead of them).

All this assumes we continue on our current trajectory, of course, which I'm gun-shy about taking for granted.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Uppercut wrote:Hope no letdown just because Ravens are really bad now and Johnny Football will be starting in Seattle unless he goes on a bender.

You can say that again.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Don Banks of SI.com weighs in on the Seahawks:

At this point, why are we even surprised? It took the Seahawks until the penultimate day of November to finally climb over .500 this season, but Pete Carroll’s team has long known how to take care of business in the final month of the regular season. Sunday’s blowout road win in Minneapolis makes Seattle 13–2 in December since the start of the team’s Russell Wilson era in 2012 and 17–6 since Carroll took the job in 2010.

These guys really do know their way home from here. And it’s got to be a little disheartening to the rest of the conference, which earlier this season thought it saw the end of Seattle’s reign well within sight. As it turns out, reports of the Seahawks’ demise were both premature and greatly exaggerated.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:47 pm

The division is in reach, but that can't be the focus. This Sunday is the focus. One week at a time has always been this team's mantra, as it should be for any team. We've seen the disappointment during the first half of the season, but we also saw this team beat the teams they were supposed to. 2 of the last four qualify for this; the Rams have one on us and play us tough no matter what their record, and the Cards are a good team. I think we all fear a possible let down, but I also think we all know what this team is capable of.

I didn't want to start a new thread, and I think this article ties in well with this thread:

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... in-the-nfc

I thought it was very cool that Carroll put together a highlight reel of all the players with both their college plays and Seahawks plays. Shows me he's doing what he can to keep things from stagnating and keep the players motivated.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:As I was driving into work this morning, I was listening to Mike & Mike on the radio. Goldberg was interviewing some correspondent who started out with something like, "What is the 1 thing that we can sum up about this weekend of football? ...The Seahawks are back!" That freaking made my day. Anyone else hear it?

No, but it wasn't necessary for me to hear it as it was stating the obvious. We are back. That was by far the most impressive performance we've had in a long time, and it came on the road against a division leader. You can almost hear a collective 'Oh, my God" from the rest of the league.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:36 pm

RiverDog wrote:[quote=No, but it wasn't necessary for me to hear it as it was stating the obvious. We are back. That was by far the most impressive performance we've had in a long time, and it came on the road against a division leader. You can almost hear a collective 'Oh, my God" from the rest of the league.

I normally don't care to much for Micheal Silver but he wrote something similar

"After watching Seattle swallow up the Vikings (8-4) from start to finish on the road, the rest of America -- and especially the citizens employed by the league's other playoff contenders -- might be starting to get that old, sinking feeling"

LOL love it
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:02 pm

They're playing well- no smoke and mirrors this year- so I can *easily* see them beating MIN, PHI, and GB (assuming GB keeps looking like they have recently).

I think the realistic goal is 5-seed wildcard, and for that we want them to beat the Vikings, and I think we'd prefer they beat GB, too (GB isn't going to win 3/4 of remaining games, so that should put us ahead of them).

All this assumes we continue on our current trajectory, of course, which I'm gun-shy about taking for granted.

I agree Burrrton, I don't think the division is within reach. Another poster mentioned that the Cards win over the Rams this weekend pretty much seals up a tiebreaker with us should they falter and we end up tied at the end of the year. That would also mean the Cards drop 2 of their next 3 to even bring up that scenario.

I mentioned in another post that the #5 seed is the goal now so we can face the winner of the NFC East. So I agree we want the Cards to beat the Vikings and give us a better chance at the #5 seed.

I personally am partial to getting a wildcard spot this year, to prove we don't need HFA throughout to make it to a Super Bowl. At this point, it would be oh so sweet to go into either Carolina or Arizona and winning an NFC Championship game.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
All this assumes we continue on our current trajectory, of course, which I'm gun-shy about taking for granted

I agree Burrrton, I don't think the division is within reach. Another poster mentioned that the Cards win over the Rams this weekend pretty much seals up a tiebreaker with us should they falter and we end up tied at the end of the year. That would also mean the Cards drop 2 of their next 3 to even bring up that scenario.

I mentioned in another post that the #5 seed is the goal now so we can face the winner of the NFC East. So I agree we want the Cards to beat the Vikings and give us a better chance at the #5 seed.

I personally am partial to getting a wildcard spot this year, to prove we don't need HFA throughout to make it to a Super Bowl. At this point, it would be oh so sweet to go into either Carolina or Arizona and winning an NFC Championship game.

Lets pretend that Cardinals lose to Vikings and Green bay, and we beat them to end season and win our remaining games (I think this is possible).

Now we have the same record and division record as the Cardinals.

Next tie breaker for division is common opponents. Our common opponents would be Chi, Det, Pit, Bal, Cle, Cin, GB with both us and the cards going 5-2.

Next tiebreaker is win percentage in conference. We again are still tied at 8-4.

Next tie breaker is strength of victory...Not gonna lie, not quite sure what this is...Is this point differential?
Last edited by EmeraldBullet on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Just looked up strength of victory and it basically is combined winning percentage of teams you have beat. We beat steelers, Cowboys, and Vikings which helps our cause, but Arizona has beat Bengals...and really that's the only good team they've beat besides us (but if we win week 17 that's a wash). I think we would win the Strength of Victory tie breaker (though im too lazy right now to fully calculate it out). I say go Vikings and GB if they are playing the cards.

Edit: I did a rough calculation (not taking into account the remaining games, but we'd win Strength of Victory by around 3.58 to 3.08
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:04 am

"They're playing well- no smoke and mirrors this year- so I can *easily* see them beating MIN, PHI, and GB (assuming GB keeps looking like they have recently).

All this assumes we continue on our current trajectory, of course, which I'm gun-shy about taking for granted
."

- burrrton

This is pretty much as I see it as well.
The Cards are playing well enough overall to earn the benefit of the doubt that they will, at a minimum, win 2 out of their final 4, which will secure the division.

Obviously, I'd love for them to choke and have us win the West. But realistically, it ain't happening.

The important thing is that we get into the playoffs. We have a wealth of postseson experience to draw from, and that is an intangible that will matter in the tournament, IMO.

We haven't locked up a spot yet, but things are certainly brighter than they were a few weeks ago. Just gotta hold up our own end and keep winning. This year has been nuts. I never thought that the Buccs would be a team to keep an eye on this late in the season, as they have now replaced the Falcons for being our main competitor for the #6 seed.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum