Where is Chris Clemons?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Where is Chris Clemons?

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Dude is non-existent.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Re: Where is Chris Clemons?

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 pm

I think he had a holding call today.
Other than that he was a non factor.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Dude is non-existent.

That's something I've been asking a lot this year actually.
He hasn't had anything even close to the impact that he has the last few seasons, this year.
monkey
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:05 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Dude is non-existent.

I noticed that about a month ago as his stats have fallen since last season I tried to justify it because he did not play first what four games or so but he has not been mentioned much lately. Could be that his age (32) is starting to become factor and/or that he may be used bit different than last year in Dan Quin's scheme. But I am not to worried about Chris, Hawks have plenty of debt in that position to accommodate it this year, the player I am more worried about is Tate. Other than last game against rams Tate has been non factor for the last 4/5 weeks or so at a position where need a game changer and today I think he got targeted 5 times and only caught one ball and then I have not even mentioned the onsite kick that he was unable to secure and give saint an extra shot to beat Hawks today. If Tate hopes to be back next year he better start playing a lot better next week
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 am

Yes on Tate. Agreed.

Check out my response in this tread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 am

Clemons is coming back from major knee surgery so maybe it's catching up to him. That and there are more pass rushers than just him this year so his opportunities to contribute are also less.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:42 am

NorthHawk wrote:Clemons is coming back from major knee surgery so maybe it's catching up to him. That and there are more pass rushers than just him this year so his opportunities to contribute are also less.

He was coming back from surgery in September. It's 4 months later.

I think he has hit apogee and is on the way down. Yeah, he isn't the only pass rusher now...but he doesn't make any plays anymore.

I predict he will be let go, mainly so we can put his money towards keeping Michael Bennett.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:58 am

At 32 and 10 yrs into the league, I think it's just a case of him being done, especially after coming back from a serious injury.

I give him credit for his effort, and he's had an awesome run in Seattle, but I doubt he makes the roster next season.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:01 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:Clemons is coming back from major knee surgery so maybe it's catching up to him. That and there are more pass rushers than just him this year so his opportunities to contribute are also less.

He was coming back from surgery in September. It's 4 months later.

I think he has hit apogee and is on the way down. Yeah, he isn't the only pass rusher now...but he doesn't make any plays anymore.

I predict he will be let go, mainly so we can put his money towards keeping Michael Bennett.

Gotta agree with you IG. Our team is so young, at 32 Clemmons is Old Man River. Certainly barring some key performances during the next two games, he will be gone. Hopefully he'll go out on top. SB winner.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:17 am

NorthHawk wrote:I think he had a holding call today.
Other than that he was a non factor.

He had a holding penalty early in the game that was huge. You are correct. I saw him make a tackle as well early on. But he disappeared after that.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:38 am

His (Clemons) skills may have declined to the point that it won't be cost effective to keep him. However, it might be that without the consistent reps he just hasn't got into a rhythm of the game.
In any event, I agree that he probably won't be here next year.
Please sign Bennett to a long term contract! He's the type of player that we can really use.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 am

IG hit the nail on the head. I've been thinking the same thing regarding Bennett, release Clem and sign Bennett to a 5 year deal.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Yeah, and the guy we drafted in the 1st. round to take Clemons place has turned out to be a dud. I have said our number one defense has been playing with 10 players out there with Irvin on the field counting Clemons our numero uno defense is getting it done with nine players. OMG! Just think how good they would be if they had replaced Irvin and Clemons with guys that could actually play??
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum