Sherm's Attitude

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Sherm's Attitude

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 pm

I noticed Richard Sherman on a number of occasions in last Sunday's game really cheering on the offense. I'm not saying anything's changed or that Sunday was exceptional, but for some reason I sure noticed it more than I did in previous games. It seems like we have that chip on our shoulders back.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Sherm's Attitude

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:02 pm

I saw that, too.

IMO, the entire team is getting their collective mojo back. They are starting to play some solid football - for 4 quarters - and are feeding off of that success during the last 3 weeks.

But even during our up and down first 9 games, I remained proud of how hard this team was fighting. We have not experienced a single blowout. It was beyond frustrating, but that much I could recognize.

It's all about early momentum and late game finishing. They're starting to do that. It ain't pretty at times, but its working.

They have a golden shot at reaching 10 wins, something that was very much in doubt after week 9. Now, we're starting to see debates on not only making the playoffs, but getting the 5th seed. The division, IMO, will end up being out of reach, since Az only needs to win 2/4 to take it with 12 victories. Still, the main thing is our chances are excellent to get into the postseason, and that this team is starting to hit its stride at the right time.

Keep it going one week at a time...
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:32 am

Old but Slow wrote:Sherman was especially noticeable on the sideline, looking like he was on a pogo stick at times, and running stride for stride with Baldwin on his long play.

Have you guys noticed that in past games this season? He seemed a lot more animated in last Sunday's game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:40 am

RiverDog wrote:
Have you guys noticed that in past games this season? He seemed a lot more animated in last Sunday's game.

It's a lot more fun on the sideline when your offense is clicking the way it has been recently. Sherm has always reacted that way there were things to react that way about, there have just been so many more of them these last few weeks!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:It's a lot more fun on the sideline when your offense is clicking the way it has been recently. Sherm has always reacted that way there were things to react that way about, there have just been so many more of them these last few weeks!

Yea, it's hard NOT to get excited the way that game was going. And maybe it was just my impression that he was a lot more "into it" than before.

Nevertheless, IMO it's hard evidence that this team has re-awakened. It's an entirely different feeling than it was when we were 2-4 and heading nowhere fast, hence my own renewed optimism.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Nevertheless, IMO it's hard evidence that this team has re-awakened. It's an entirely different feeling than it was when we were 2-4 and heading nowhere fast, hence my own renewed optimism.

I for 1, will never agree with your decision to take down the flag while your team was struggling.
Loyal fans don't do stuff like that. That's a trademark of the bandwagoner. If I didn't know better, I'd almost accuse you of being one, River.
I understand that you were angry at the time, & frustrated with the boys for not performing at the level that you knew they were capable of, but as a fan, your responsibility is to promote your team. There's nothing wrong with calling out flaws, but to take down the Seahawk colors from your flagpole was going too far imo.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:52 am

Vegaseahawk wrote:
I for 1, will never agree with your decision to take down the flag while your team was struggling.
Loyal fans don't do stuff like that. That's a trademark of the bandwagoner. If I didn't know better, I'd almost accuse you of being one, River.
I understand that you were angry at the time, & frustrated with the boys for not performing at the level that you knew they were capable of, but as a fan, your responsibility is to promote your team. There's nothing wrong with calling out flaws, but to take down the Seahawk colors from your flagpole was going too far imo.

Perfectly exemplifies my opinions. I still wear my mariners gear, and if I saw Clay Bennett I'd be hard pressed not to attack him. My fav nba team is still the sonics, and I don't care (that's not correct I DO care) if the M's are winners. I will still rep my Mariners gear and will be a total fan for life. And I take pride in being their fan. I want desperately for my teams to win, but if they don't win, and lose completely, even for decades, I still would wear their gear and fly their flag! I like you RD for most of your posts but I have to admit, I have some lost respect for you for downing your flag and then recently rising it.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:54 am

Vegaseahawk wrote:I for 1, will never agree with your decision to take down the flag while your team was struggling.

That's not how I viewed it. I wanted to make a statement (to myself, mainly) that I didn't like the team that we had become. There was nothing about that first part of the season that I liked or that looked like the Seahawks I knew. I didn't like Kam's selfish and irrational holdout, Russell's sub par play, Bennett's constant offsides penalties, the defense giving up 4th quarter leads, and so on. It wasn't like booing them or disowning them, more like folding my arms and looking at them with steely eyes. I knew they could do better, and that was my way of demonstrating that.

Besides, it was just before our big windstorm and it was going to have to come down anyway. My house would have been uprooted and landed in Oz if I hadn't taken down the flag before that storm. It was more of a matter of not putting it back up than it was taking it down.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum