Thanks alot, Bridgewater

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Thanks alot, Bridgewater

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:47 am

I couldn't believe my frigging eyes. Just about any Pop Warner quarterback would have had enough common sense to throw that thing away when he has no timeouts and barely within FG range, 13 seconds left. What the hell was he thinking? Does a quarterback even have to be told what to do in that situation?

That win by the Vikings virtually clinches the division title for them, so we might as well get used to the fact that we'll be a wild card team should we make the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Thanks alot, Bridgewater

Postby Oly » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:04 am

How many times did he tap the ball and do his little dance in the pocket on that play? Dude, you're not Peyton Manning, that sh*t won't work for you.

But I'm not convinced the Vikes would have pulled it out in overtime anyway. I'm sure those grapes were sour.
Oly
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:36 am

Eh, this puts us into the 5-seed. It was going to be a benefit to us no matter who won, and considering how much of a long shot the division was anyway, this might have been the more desirable outcome.

Let ARI and GB keep winning- assuming we follow suit, that keeps us on a collision course with the NFC East champ.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 am

I'm OK with the outcome especially how it went down. AZ struggled mightily to put away a team at home which Seattle had crushed on the road the week before. In the process they paved the way for the 5 seed for Seattle so it was a no lose situation for me as a fan.If Seattle wanted the division they needed to flip the switch a few weeks earlier than they did.
Could AZ drop 3 in a row? Not likely but not unheard of. If they drop 2 I assure you they are dropping 3 unless Seattle inexplicably takes another dump as a huge favorite over the next 3 games. 10-5 Hawks vs. 11-4 AZ with it all on the line would be magnificent.
More likely Seattle is a #5 WC facing the least horrible team from the NFC East. That looks like a pretty good path to the semifinals.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:29 am

True but with no home game I don't see us making it back to the SB. The likely matchup now is the Panthers vs. the Cards for the NFC title.
If the Vikes could have won this game we might have a had a chance.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 am

Hawktawk wrote:I'm OK with the outcome especially how it went down. AZ struggled mightily to put away a team at home which Seattle had crushed on the road the week before. In the process they paved the way for the 5 seed for Seattle so it was a no lose situation for me as a fan.If Seattle wanted the division they needed to flip the switch a few weeks earlier than they did.
Could AZ drop 3 in a row? Not likely but not unheard of. If they drop 2 I assure you they are dropping 3 unless Seattle inexplicably takes another dump as a huge favorite over the next 3 games. 10-5 Hawks vs. 11-4 AZ with it all on the line would be magnificent.
More likely Seattle is a #5 WC facing the least horrible team from the NFC East. That looks like a pretty good path to the semifinals.

Its not to be all on the line. They will have 12 wins period. Moreover, their is no way, barring injury, that we go into their house and beat them. Remember, this was a on 4 days rest and the Vikes played beyond themselves. They are just a better FB team right now than we are. Too many weapons, too many playmakers, better coach. Sorry, I really hope I am wrong.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:45 am

...their is no way, barring injury, that we go into their house and beat them.

Put your red and white pom-poms down, obi.

If current trajectories continue, a big "if", there is no team in the league we can't beat home *or* away.

Sorry, I really hope I am wrong.

Nonsense- if you're as sure of your predictions as you sound, you're not hoping you're wrong. Armchair Psychology 101.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:25 am

burrrton wrote:Eh, this puts us into the 5-seed. It was going to be a benefit to us no matter who won, and considering how much of a long shot the division was anyway, this might have been the more desirable outcome.

Let ARI and GB keep winning- assuming we follow suit, that keeps us on a collision course with the NFC East champ.

Exactly.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm

obiken wrote:True but with no home game I don't see us making it back to the SB. The likely matchup now is the Panthers vs. the Cards for the NFC title.
If the Vikes could have won this game we might have a had a chance.

Obi doesn't think we have a chance... I like our chances!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:51 pm

obiken wrote:[

Its not to be all on the line. They will have 12 wins period. Moreover, their is no way, barring injury, that we go into their house and beat them. Remember, this was a on 4 days rest and the Vikes played beyond themselves. They are just a better FB team right now than we are. Too many weapons, too many playmakers, better coach. Sorry, I really hope I am wrong.

The Hawks played AZ a month ago. They played terrible, Russ got picked, missed open guys,completed less than half his passes. Graham dropped 3 passes. Sherm got flagged, burnt. Beast was ineffective and Seattle was penalized 14 times and had the lead halfway through the 4th quarter.

In the past 3 games Seattle has the NUMBER ONE SCORING OFFENSE IN THE NFL at around 33 points per game. If they play anything like last weekend they will beat AZ 8 out of 10 here there or anywhere. As for winning on the road these aren't Holmgren's Seahawks. IN 2012 Seattle was 25 seconds from an NFC Title game vs a 9ers team they had just beaten senseless a few weeks earlier. This team absolutely can win as a wildcard and maybe more so this year. Home has been very funky and uneven.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:03 pm

burrrton wrote:Eh, this puts us into the 5-seed. It was going to be a benefit to us no matter who won, and considering how much of a long shot the division was anyway, this might have been the more desirable outcome.

It wasn't so much that I was holding out hope for us to win the division, but I was rooting for the Vikings to knock them off and had been patiently watching as they drove the ball downfield and figured that OT was virtually assured.

Bonehead plays always pizz me off no matter who's playing, and that one was as bad as I've seen in awhile.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:17 pm

The Hawks played AZ a month ago. They played terrible, Russ got picked, missed open guys,completed less than half his passes. Graham dropped 3 passes. Sherm got flagged, burnt. Beast was ineffective and Seattle was penalized 14 times and had the lead halfway through the 4th quarter.

In the past 3 games Seattle has the NUMBER ONE SCORING OFFENSE IN THE NFL at around 33 points per game. If they play anything like last weekend they will beat AZ 8 out of 10 here there or anywhere. As for winning on the road these aren't Holmgren's Seahawks. IN 2012 Seattle was 25 seconds from an NFC Title game vs a 9ers team they had just beaten senseless a few weeks earlier. This team absolutely can win as a wildcard and maybe more so this year. Home has been very funky and uneven.

All right HT! show me the way to the Kool-Aid baby!! I'm in!
obiken
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:18 pm

obiken wrote:

All right HT! show me the way to the Kool-Aid baby!! I'm in!

What, Obi? It's that easy! Yeah, if your in then we really are going to the SB! Way to go Obi!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:58 pm

While the Vikes lost, there's still a few encouraging things that came out of the game Thursday night.

- Bridgewater was 25/36 for 335 yds and 1 TD.
- AP only had 69 yds on 23 carries, 1 TD, but they were competitive despite him not getting anywhere near 100.
- The Vikings had 3 turnovers (to the Cards none), yet were still in a position to tie up the game very late in the 4th (when Teddy's disastrous fumble occurred).
- Minny showed more fight than expected coming off their embarrassing loss at home to us last Sunday, and came within a play of tying up a game on 4 days rest as the visitor.

Just something to consider moving forward, IMO, when examining the Cards. They are good, but they are beatable.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Yeah Zorn. Not only did Minn hang with them they did so coming off a beating by a very physical Hawks team 5 days earlier. Meanwhile AZ had a snoozer vs the Rams.

That AZ team looked beatable even in winning. Did AZ peak too soon?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Yeah Zorn. Not only did Minn hang with them they did so coming off a beating by a very physical Hawks team 5 days earlier. Meanwhile AZ had a snoozer vs the Rams.

Possibly.

Their win last night makes it 7 straight for them. They may actually benefit from a loss at this point to hit that reset button before the postseason. They'll be keeping an eye on Carolina to see if they falter some over the next 3 weeks. Seeding has yet to be determined, though it's the Panthers' HFA to lose at this point.

I just feel that they're vulnerable overall. They are a good team, and are a legit SB contender. It just wouldn't shock me if they blow it somehow when the Lombardi tournament starts.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Yeah Zorn. Not only did Minn hang with them they did so coming off a beating by a very physical Hawks team 5 days earlier. Meanwhile AZ had a snoozer vs the Rams.

It's not a matter of AZ peaking or if they showed that they are beatable. The entire question comes down to our Seahawks. If... to coin a phrase from another Cardinal HC... we are who we think we are... it doesn't matter who trots out from under the opposing tunnel, we're going to kick their tails. It's all a matter of how this team performs, not a matter of who we play, whether or not they have peaked, or even where we play them.

Crown their ass! Don't let'em off the hook!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 pm

LMAO
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Glad I was at work and missed watching that game. Might've shot the tv.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 pm

As devil's advocate, you could also say they played a terrible game but still pulled out a win over a likely playoff team.

Just saying...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:59 am

There was very little time left n the clock, Arizona did what they should have done in that situation facing a young inexperienced QB, they brought the house and totally over whelmed the Vikings blocking scheme. Sure, TB should have just rifled the ball out of bounds, but no, he held on to the ball hoping a receiver would break open but no one did.

The Vikings should NEVER have even been in position to either tie the game or even win it. No matter which team won or lost it was going to benefit us so I am not going to cry over a missed opportunity to hang a loss on our division rival.

No, what I AM going to do is look at how a team like the Vikings, a team we just destroyed in their own home stadium, was able to score 20 points on and held the Zona's potent offense to just 23. I saw a Cardinal team that was missing tackles and missing opportunities that a team in their position should NOT be missing. The Cards were playing at home and they were the ones who looked like the road team. I believe that bodes really well for when we play them in the last regular season game.

Sure, I want the Hawks -Cardinal game to decide who wins the division, who doesn't? It is my wish that even if we don't win the division by beating them at home we can at least deny them a bye in the first round of play offs. In his interview after the game Carson Palmer talked about how they were a "tired" team, well, they played like a tired team and not just because they were playing 4 days after their last game on Sunday. They were missing tackles and assignments left and right. Yeah, as much as I believe that our team could use that bye this season I don't believe it is going to happen, and you know what? I don't think it is going to matter.

Our team is fired up and have been in the play offs 3 years in a row going deep each time. Our players and coaches know what it takes to reach that high level of play and keep it there! They also know to NEVER GIVE UP! They know that they can turn the game around on a dime and come roaring back. If we have to play 3 play off games on the road to get back to the Super Bowl, I believe our guys have the stuff to get the job done.

Several teams were able to take advantage of our team early in the season, but we are NOT the same team that lost 4th. Qtr. leads to St. Louis, Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Carolina, all of whom were undefeated at the time (the Rams game being the first we were both undefeated of course) not to mention the home game against Arizona which I believe was our low point.

But then, Bevel and Cable had tweaked the offense but going to a quicker tempo to get the ball out of RW's hands quicker which also led to him making better decisions with the ball. The quicker tempo also has helped the O-Line block better, both pass blocking AND run blocking. Until it was explained in an article for the Seattle Times I didn't know why Patrick Lewis was not the starting Center from the "get-go". It turns out he needed to take the bull by the horns to speak up and be assertive with his line calls. It had been this lack of assertiveness that had led to Cable starting Nowak early in the season. But, they were able to convince Lewis to take the job and make it his and well, we ALL see the results.

We will be one of the hottest teams in the NFL if not THE hottest and that bodes well for our chances.

I believe we can defeat the Packers IN Green Bay. I believe we can defeat the Panthers IN Carolina. I firmly believe we can and will defeat the Cardinals in Arizona whether it is the last regular season game OR in the play offs. I don't think there is a team in the NFC that we can't defeat, whether at home or on the road.

IF we make the big dance in Santa Clara it would be so cool play and defeat the Bengals or any other AFC team. But, to be honest with you, I want to see our Seattle Seahawks to play AND defeat those New England Patriots and take back the crown that should have been ours anyhow. That would be the greatest redemption, to right the wrong of last February, and I believe our guys are going to do just that!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Several teams were able to take advantage of our team early in the season, but we are NOT the same team that lost 4th. Qtr. leads to St. Louis, Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Carolina, all of whom were undefeated at the time (the Rams game being the first we were both undefeated of course) not to mention the home game against Arizona which I believe was our low point.

But then....

...River Dog got pizzed of and took down his #12 flag in protest of a team who's personality had changed and got on his hot line to Pete Carroll and told him to quit frigging around and start scoring more points than his opponent. THAT was the turning point in the season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:28 pm

RiverDog wrote:...River Dog got pizzed of and took down his #12 flag in protest of a team who's personality had changed and got on his hot line to Pete Carroll and told him to quit frigging around and start scoring more points than his opponent. THAT was the turning point in the season.

Truth. We owe RD a debt of gratitude, boys and Sis...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:14 am

Is this a joke? I get im relatively new here, BUT I still rock my mariners gear, the sonics are still my favorite NBA team...You either are a fan or you aren't in my book, it's binary. 1 or 0. River gets a 0 in my book for being a 'fan'.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:55 am

Thanks RD you saved the season
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:51 pm

With TB's loss to the Saints, things get a bit more secure in terms of making playoffs. Nice to own tiebreaker over Minny, and the rest of the field in 2 games or more back with 3 to play. What a difference a month makes:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:08 am

Zorn76 wrote:With TB's loss to the Saints, things get a bit more secure in terms of making playoffs. Nice to own tiebreaker over Minny, and the rest of the field in 2 games or more back with 3 to play. What a difference a month makes:)

Yup. Let's hope both our success and Green Bay's continue.
burrrton
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum