Can we hold on to our wild card position ?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Can we hold on to our wild card position ?

Postby politicalfootball » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:00 pm

If we do hold on to this wild card spot who do we play in the playoffs ?
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: Can we hold on to our wild card position ?

Postby burrrton » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Barring a total collapse by both the Packers and Vikings, we'd play the NFC East winner if we hold on to #5.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:59 pm

There's still a lot of teams in the hunt for the wild cards, but as it stands now, we are tied in the loss column with Minnesota and would win a tiebreaker as we beat them head-to-head, so I like our chances of getting the 5 spot. We could even lose another game and still end up with a wild card. There's still 1/4 of the regular season left to play. No one in the NFC has been eliminated yet.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:03 am

We could still win the division. Hate this wild card talk. Guess im an optimist.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:06 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:We could still win the division. Hate this wild card talk. Guess im an optimist.

Yes, you are an optimist. Arizona's magic number is 1, so the only way we could win the division would be for them to lose all three of their remaining games while we win all 4 of ours, and even then, we would only tie them. If all the stars lined up and the perfect storm did happen, we'd have to go all the way to strength of victory to determine a division winner. Those are pretty long odds.

The reasonable chance went down the tube when Bridgewater phucked up.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:10 am

[quote="RiverDog

The reasonable chance went down the tube when Bridgewater phucked up.[/quote]

Naw it went when Seattle gagged numerous late leads including in Seattle over the Cards with a big assist from Clete Blakeman. Its been on life support ever since.
I wouldn't be amazed if anything including AZ dropping 3 happens. I wouldn't be shocked if we lost a game. Surprised but not shocked. Nothing about this season has gone as expected. I think Seattle is going to meet serious resistance in all 4 ballgames.
Today they should blow out Jimmy Clausen and a recently activated Chris Mathews and a depleted roster but the Ravens haven't lost by more than 8 points all year and they are an organization that is used to winning.
Next week will be interesting because Johnny Manziel is fighting for his professional football life and I think his team will rally around him. Rams are putrid but its always tough.
AZ I predict Arians will not rest starters if it puts Seattle in, no way in hell. Its uphill all the way.
Attainable if they play like the last game but they dug such a huge hole there is no room for error if they want to go to the tournament..
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:08 pm

IF and that is a BIG IF we don't win the division I would hope that we have the WC position that plays the winner of the NFC East. But, no matter who we play I believe that if we play the way we are now we will win.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum