Rawls is lost for the Season

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Rawls is lost for the Season

Postby obiken » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Broken Ankle and Torn Ligaments! When it rains in Seattle it pours!
obiken
Legacy

Re: Rawls is lost for the Season

Postby burrrton » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Link?

He was walking on it, almost without a limp. Weird if true.

[edit]

Nevermind- got it:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14356 ... est-season

Fck.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Damn!!!!!!!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Wow! The way he was able to walk off the field I thought it was a mild sprain.

Come on, Beast!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 pm

This one sucks, a lot. Thankfully, the schedule lines up pretty well, good enough I think we can make do with guys like Coleman and Jackson until Lynch comes back.
We should be just fine.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:28 pm

monkey wrote:This one sucks, a lot. Thankfully, the schedule lines up pretty well, good enough I think we can make do with guys like Coleman and Jackson until Lynch comes back.
We should be just fine.

Yes, it does, with two non playoff teams at home before our regular season finale in the desert. Beast should be at full strength by then.

But we're going to need someone to step up. We've seen what this offense is like without a running threat, and it ain't pretty.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Please tell me what happened I missed the game ,was at church when in the game did it happen. What are his last game stats did he release a quote my hat is off to him I understand he walked off the field on his own power. Sounds ghoulish but did anyone get any video of the play he got hit on. My prayers go out to him and a speedy recovery.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:55 pm

The worst news possible.

Anyone think that the Seahawks might pick up Christine Michael off the Redskins? practice squad?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:00 pm

savvyman wrote:The worst news possible.

Anyone think that the Seahawks might pick up Christine Michael off the Redskins? practice squad?

Hmmm. Interesting thought. In all , I'd rather have Turbin, but he's busy.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:04 pm

No, they got something for him, and I seriously doubt they want any part of him.
IMO it's more likely that they just go with what they have until Marshawn returns, possibly against the Cards or for the first playoff game.
I think that Coleman, given the time to prepare, can do well enough to keep defenses honest.
It's too bad that the Cowboys have Rod Smith on their active roster, he was one of the cuts we made that I disliked the most, even though I understood the reasoning.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Yah, that ship has sailed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they picked another one up for insurance purposes - even if on the practice squad or for competition.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Wow, thinking outside the box there, savvy.

Before we start crying about our injury status, think about the Bengals. Man, that franchise is snake bit.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:47 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Yah, that ship has sailed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they picked another one up for insurance purposes - even if on the practice squad or for competition.

Probably - However CM is already familiar with the Offense and Team so that gives him an edge in a plug & play situation which is exactly what the running back condition calls for.

In the end John & Pete will get the best player they feel is available whether that's Christine Michael or someone else.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:09 pm

So why has "that ship" sailed North? As a PS player he is immediately available, still in NFL shape as he's still attached to a team and thoroughly familiar with our offense. He's the only true plug and play option out there.

If you ask me the odds of hearing we'd signed Chris in the next day or two is greater than the odds of all other options combined.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Tough news on Rawls - the kid was doing awesome.

Haven't been able to find a clear timetable on Beast yet on the 'net. Anybody else heard?

Meanwhile, Fred Jackson, Harris, Coleman - all RB's on deck! Not on board with bringing back C. Michael. Don't need his lapses in judgement or fumbles in crunch time.

We took care of business today, and playoff chances are very solid, with us focusing on the #5 seed now.

Can't take anybody lightly. We should be plenty motivated to keep playing hard and win.

Browns and Rams at home, then a finale in Az that may see Cards rest some guys (maybe for a half?). All depends on Panthers securing HFA, which is looking like a certainty now.

Still hope Carolina goes undefeated. I'm telling you, that kind of pressure weighs Very Heavy going into the postseason. They have been playing great, but they're due for a loss at some point.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Such a big blow. Rawls was obviously playing at a high level and he gave us a legit scoring chance every time he touched the ball. The drop off to Jackson and Harris was huge. If PC and JS don't bring anyone in, I'd like to see Coleman get a few more chances.

Hoping to see 24 back for the Cardinal game ~ it would be nice to shake some rust off before hitting the road for the playoffs.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:57 pm

This is why JS/PC are paid more than me, 'cuz I don't know what the hell to do.

Given how the Vikings look, if the Hawks win the next two I think that they'll have the #5 wrapped up before the AZ game. If that's the case, they can rest starters and not worry about losing that one. So I think the Hawks are looking for a RB for the next two weeks, and as a backup in the playoffs (knock on wood). That's not much. I dislike Michael as much as the next fan, but is he really worse than whatever other random dude they'd pick up at this time of year? He can't be worse than Harris was today.

The only quality RB I can think of that they could get is Ray Rice, and I don't like having an abuser on the team (I'm still conflicted about Frank Clark, too).
Oly
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Oly wrote:This is why JS/PC are paid more than me, 'cuz I don't know what the hell to do.

Given how the Vikings look, if the Hawks win the next two I think that they'll have the #5 wrapped up before the AZ game. If that's the case, they can rest starters and not worry about losing that one. So I think the Hawks are looking for a RB for the next two weeks, and as a backup in the playoffs (knock on wood). That's not much. I dislike Michael as much as the next fan, but is he really worse than whatever other random dude they'd pick up at this time of year? He can't be worse than Harris was today.

The only quality RB I can think of that they could get is Ray Rice, and I don't like having an abuser on the team (I'm still conflicted about Frank Clark, too).

Gonna be really interesting how it shakes out.

Vikings schedule: vs Bears, vs Giants, @ Packers.
Packers schdule: @ Raiders, @ Cardinals, vs Packers.

Minnesota is a game back but has more favorable schedule next two weeks. Better off to have GB keep winning and take division, which would help us get #5 seed. Otherwise, we could end up 6th with a trip to Lambeau to open playoffs (though I do think we could pull off a win there if it came to that).
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I disagree with min having an easier schedule. I guess stl always plays us tough
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Zorn76 wrote:

Packers schdule: @ Raiders, @ Cardinals, vs Packers

That packers vs. packers game is going to be really interesting in week 17. I think I'm rooting for a tie in that one!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:21 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:So why has "that ship" sailed North? As a PS player he is immediately available, still in NFL shape as he's still attached to a team and thoroughly familiar with our offense. He's the only true plug and play option out there.

If you ask me the odds of hearing we'd signed Chris in the next day or two is greater than the odds of all other options combined.

I just think that they had him for a couple of years without playing him much and showed little confidence in him playing within our Offense when he did get the chance. If they thought he had a future here, they wouldn't have traded him away for such a cheap price.
But I could be wrong about it.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Oly wrote:This is why JS/PC are paid more than me, 'cuz I don't know what the hell to do.

I think regardless of who we get, the passing game will be the identity for the next few games. It's a strange position for us to be in, but if the run game gets more than 85 yards between Jackson and Harris (or whomever the other RB is) that should be enough to keep the Defense honest. Wilson might run more, but there has to be at least some respect for the regular run game.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:41 pm

EmeraldBullet wrote:I disagree with min having an easier schedule. I guess stl always plays us tough

GB has 2 road games remaining, 1 home, so that's why it looks tougher to me. The Raiders are good enough to beat a visiting Packer team still.

Bears and Giants have been suspect all year, and Minny gets them at home.

mykc14 - yes, lol, my bad on previous post!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 pm

When will Lynch be back?? We really need him for the Rams, they are not the Browns or the 9ers.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:53 pm

obiken wrote:When will Lynch be back?? We really need him for the Rams, they are not the Browns or the 9ers.

PC ruled 24 out for the Browns game.

None of us really know what procedure Lynch actually underwent. JS and crew obviously thought it was something he could return from and be productive once he did. I'm guessing they kept his roster spot for him because they expect him back prior to the end of the regular season.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks guy. We don't really need him for the Browns.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:13 pm

I hope we don't need him for the Browns. The damned Rams scare me. We're it not for Earls miracle punch, we may well have lost that one and we needed it
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:28 am

c_hawkbob wrote:So why has "that ship" sailed North? As a PS player he is immediately available, still in NFL shape as he's still attached to a team and thoroughly familiar with our offense. He's the only true plug and play option out there.

I guess it depends on how both sides parted. My understanding is that one of the reasons why Michael was let go was that he didn't have a real good work ethic and had a little bit of an entitlement problem. Whether or not that is true or if it is, to what degree, might make a difference in whether or not we sign him. But I don't think there's another running back out there that has the same degree of familiarity with our offense and that's available on such short notice than Michael, so I suspect what you say is correct.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:19 am

Coleman looked good on the one carry he got. Maybe they take a look at him in a RB by committee. Either way there is a clear step down from Rawls with anyone else on the roster until Lynch gets back.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 am

Better off to have GB keep winning and take division, which would help us get #5 seed. Otherwise, we could end up 6th with a trip to Lambeau to open playoffs (though I do think we could pull off a win there if it came to that).

Just to be clear, if GB slips into the WC (instead of taking the NFCN), that would mean MIN is the North champ, which means we'd open the playoffs at MIN, right?

Of course, this discussion is academic unless we're able to continue this streak we're on with no running game to speak of, something I have trouble believing too strongly.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 am

According to Rob Rang, the Seahawks will bring back Bryce Brown.

https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/676456999094059009
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:30 pm

NorthHawk wrote:According to Rob Rang, the Seahawks will bring back Bryce Brown.

https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/676456999094059009

Brown's wiki page is updated with his signing as well. Any idea if he's coming in to play or to back up Harris?
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

That's all I know about the signing.
He's apparently 6-4, 220 so I wonder if he can hit the hole as quickly as Rawls, or if not, quick enough to get some yardage.
I suspect that he will only be an emergency back, but Pete isn't shy about using new guys if he thinks they have something to offer.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm

burrrton wrote:Just to be clear, if GB slips into the WC (instead of taking the NFCN), that would mean MIN is the North champ, which means we'd open the playoffs at MIN, right?

Of course, this discussion is academic unless we're able to continue this streak we're on with no running game to speak of, something I have trouble believing too strongly.

More than likely. The Packers have essentially a 2 game lead over us thanks to their win over us in September. They'd have to lose 2 of their last 3 while we won out. But that's very possible, being that they have to travel to Arizona then host the Vikings in their regular season finale.

As far as our running game goes, I don't think we'll need it against the Browns, and I'll bet that Beast is ready to go by the Rams game.

Lots of different playoff scenarios. I'm not going to overload my brain trying to figure all of them out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Flurry of moves by the Hawks today ~ cutting Harris caught me by surprise. Not that I loved what he brought to the table against the Ravens, but he ran hard. Obviously they like what Brown has to offer.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Yeah, I was shocked by his release. Expect Coleman to get the first crack as the starter this week, not Brown though..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:28 pm

They also signed TE Chase Coffman. I suspect it's for extra blocking for lesser RBs.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Hawkstar wrote:Flurry of moves by the Hawks today ~ cutting Harris caught me by surprise. Not that I loved what he brought to the table against the Ravens, but he ran hard. Obviously they like what Brown has to offer.

I guess you didn't read the game thread. When he fumbled, I exclaimed "cut him". Pete was listening to me.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:53 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Yeah, I was shocked by his release. Expect Coleman to get the first crack as the starter this week, not Brown though..

I hope so. I think Coleman can carry the load until the Beast returns.

Tough business for Harris ~ 18 carries on Sunday, the door on Tuesday.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:54 pm

I guess you didn't read the game thread. When he fumbled, I exclaimed "cut him". Pete was listening to me.[/quote]

Ha! True... I read the post.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum