He's baaack! Cristine Micheal

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

He's baaack! Cristine Micheal

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:20 am

I really thought CM would thrive running behind that great O-line of Dallas, but he never really seemed to get a chance down in Big "D".

Now, CM is back with the Seahawks nd I am hoping that he is as hungry as PC says he is.

So, do any of you think he will make a difference in his second go around with out Hawks??
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: He's baaack! Cristine Micheal

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:26 am

I never thought he would be back and was wrong in saying so in a different thread.
I just hope he is all in now that he's been dumped a couple of times and can value the opportunity he's been given.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:30 am

How a 230 lb back with 4.5 speed doesn't get a chance is mystifying. As I watch him he lacks the ability to set up his blocks and seems to lack vision, sort of the same thing I guess.
He just doesn't seem like a hard working driven player. Obviously I wish him well. He does have home run speed if he gets to the second level.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:45 pm

He played well tonight.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Never been a fan of the guy, but he had a nice game today with 84 yds on 16 carries.
It seems the key for him is focus. Sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't. He has enough talent to hold a job in this league, but here he's been passed around now 3 times in one season, including being boomeranged back to Seattle.

If he can average near or at 4ypc and not fumble, then I'm good with it for the remainder of the year. He actually averaged 5ypc today.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:35 pm

I believe he was dropped because he couldn't or wouldn't block for Russell when facing blitzes.

Now that Russell is getting the ball out that little bit quicker, it may not matter as much.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Re: He's baaack! Cristine Michael

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:44 pm

It seemed to me he ran today with more purpose and sense of urgency.
I think he can make a living in the NFL if he continues with that same type of effort.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:56 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:I believe he was dropped because he couldn't or wouldn't block for Russell when facing blitzes.

Now that Russell is getting the ball out that little bit quicker, it may not matter as much.

He had a couple fantastic blocks today. Honestly IMHO he ran less explosive today than he has in his rare opportunities in the past, but the rest off his play was greatly improved.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:11 am

I think being a second round pick went to his head the first time around. Now he applying himself the way he should have in the first place.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:08 am

I was impressed with Brown and Michael. Each have some familiarity with our system, but neither was able to stick. They came in and ran well on essentially 3 days worth of work. There were a handful of runs that they appeared to have the cut back but they missed it (Similar holes that Rawls turned into huge gains) Overall, I'm encouraged for the run game and expect them to improve after a week of film and more reps. Each of them have the speed, power to take it to the house every time they touch the ball. I hope their taking this 2nd or 3rd chance to be an NFL RB seriously.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:02 am

Michael was a load. He still missed some holes but he brought it at impact. He and Brown can be more than adequate lined up behind Wilson.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I think being a second round pick went to his head the first time around. Now he applying himself the way he should have in the first place.

Bingo.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Being a 2nd rounder and a bit of a head-case, IMHO, were each elements of his problem. He has maturity issues for sure (I never did in my 20's :roll: ;) ) . Obviously blocking (or not), fumbling, and not really grasping and/or following the SEAHAWK way of doing business were also issues. Here's to hoping that being cut three times in one season served as the humble pie he needed to motivate him to a bright future. His legs sure were churning after contact yesterday.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:17 am

Stay hungry Micheal. Go Seahawks, beat Rams
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:55 am

I've been a C-Mike fan since he was drafted and said that he'd be a star in the NFL. I was sad when we he was traded, but understood his shortcomings (plus Rawls is awesome) that led him to be traded. His talent has never been a question, but seeing how tough and smart he is running now (did you notice how well he protected the ball on his 45 yard run, knowing someone would try to strip tackle him?), I couldn't be happier for the Hawks and C-Mike that they are reunited again. I'm glad to have Lynch back, but I know we are also in good hands with a healthy Christine Michael.
I-5
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum