Seahawks V. Browns Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Seahawks V. Browns Game Thread

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Nice way to cap a 95 yard drive! Lockett has to be in the OROY conversation ~ the kid has been unreal.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:40 pm

A fg puts this game on ice
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:44 pm

RiverDog wrote:A fg puts this game on ice

How about another TD to Baldwin... that seems to be working. :D
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Don't get greedy :D
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Three score lead with under 4 minutes. This game is over except for the crying.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:09 pm

I am happy we are going to win this game, but you can tell our defense is a bit leaky because we have some key people hurt. I am very happy with how the offense has continued to be productive even though we have both Lynch and Rawls out. All of our RB's did their jobs especially Coleman and Michael.
Special Teams had and up and down game, too many kicks ran back for too many yards. SH was a steady Eddie kicking the ball.

All and all if I was in Cleveland and a fan of the Browns I would believe that my team was finally on the right track and be looking forward to next season.

Being a Seahawk fan, I have to like our chances. I wish the Vikings would have cooperated and lost today so that we would be closer to wrapping up the #5 seed, but, oh well.

It was a great game, now we have to face those dirt bag Rams and their cheap shots they like to take.

GO SEASHAWKS!!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I am happy we are going to win this game, but you can tell our defense is a bit leaky because we have some key people hurt. I am very happy with how the offense has continued to be productive even though we have both Lynch and Rawls out. All of our RB's did their jobs especially Coleman and Michael.
Special Teams had and up and down game, too many kicks ran back for too many yards. SH was a steady Eddie kicking the ball.

All and all if I was in Cleveland and a fan of the Browns I would believe that my team was finally on the right track and be looking forward to next season.

Being a Seahawk fan, I have to like our chances. I wish the Vikings would have cooperated and lost today so that we would be closer to wrapping up the #5 seed, but, oh well.

It was a great game, now we have to face those dirt bag Rams and their cheap shots they like to take.

GO SEASHAWKS!!!!

The win clinches a playoff berth, the 4th in 4 years. The division is all but lost and there's not much difference between the 5th and 6h seeds, so the goal in the next two games will be to maintain our edge and to get everyone healthy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Actually, there is a big difference between the 5th and 6th seeds, for sure.
While I do think we are good enough to go into Lambeau and beat the Packers - though they are getting healthier and playing better - we'd be better off going into Washington (or wherever) to play the NFC East in the WC game.

As for today, we took care of business. Cleveland did start off fairly well, and they definitely moved the ball better than expected in the 1st half. I even have to give some credit to party boy Manziel, who has more skills than expected.

We ran the ball decently, with CM making a nice return (16 carries/84yds). That said, we definitely need Beast back for the playoffs to increase our odds of making a serious go at our 3rd straight SB appearance. I think the RB by committee in the post season will be a tough thing to pull off. RW had another solid day, and he should continue his success after the regular season, but we still need more of a rushing threat moving forward, IMO.

Now it's the Rams.
I expect our D to come out a bit more fired up in the 1st quarter against them. Offensively, keep it simple and throw with down and distance in mind. Should we win next week, it'll be really interesting how AZ decides to play it. If the Vikings beat the Giants next week, we're just about guaranteed to go all out in week 17. We may do that anyway.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:25 am

Zorn76 wrote:Now it's the Rams.

Yup- and right on schedule, Okung is injured:

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2875957/Seah ... alf-strain

I hope it's overblown and he'll play, but dmn I'm getting tired of hearing that guy is hurt.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:54 am

Johnny resembled an NFL QB somewhat.The way the game started with Cleveland marching calmly down the field was alarming but they had to resort to lots of gimmick plays to do it.
After that the defense was bend but don't break while the offense was again surgical. Russell is out of his mind and Baldwin is on the same trip with him. CM was a load, it would be like Schneider to trade a former second rounder and get him back for free and highly motivated for the stretch run. If he can be a bridge to Beast it would be perfect.
Next week will be a better test. The Rams are finishing strong with back to back convincing wins so its going to take another good effort to get to 10 wins. AZ could go either way with AZ or even perhaps Seattle resting some players depending on the circumstances. Overall its awesome to get in the tournament again. Its single elimination, everyone has a shot and I like our chances very much.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum