Pro Bowl

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Pro Bowl

Postby curmudgeon » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:33 pm

curmudgeon
Legacy

Re: Pro Bowl

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:43 pm

How did Hauschka not get chosen?
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Post deleted due to intoxication!
Last edited by obiken on Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:10 pm

FYI: "All-Pro" is different than the Pro Bowl.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 pm

Oh sorry, I got too upset being wasted, I will delete it now!
obiken
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:48 pm

burrrton wrote:FYI: "All-Pro" is different than the Pro Bowl.

Got it.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:14 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:How did Hauschka not get chosen?

Not enough votes.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:48 am

How did Hauschka not get chosen?

3 missed extra points for one thing.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:49 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Not enough votes.

Thanks a lot coach Erickson...'err...we lost cause the other team scored more points....'

I agree with Halktalk though, I forgot about those missed xp's.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:03 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:Thanks a lot coach Erickson...'err...we lost cause the other team scored more points....'

I agree with Halktalk though, I forgot about those missed xp's.

Yea, sorry for being a smart azz, but I couldn't resist.

Franky I could care less about the Pro Bowl. I think that they ought to eliminate it all together and find some other way to honor the season's best players. The whole thing is absurd. Players find ways to bag out of it, the game offers very little incentive, different rules than the regular season.... it's worse than a preseason game.

And keeping with my tradition of not caring all that much about individual accolades, I'm not going to lose sleep at night if a player or two of ours gets snubbed.

Why wait until a star player suffers a career ending injury to chit can the thing?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:28 am

KJ Wright should have been on the Pro Bowl Team - Much more so than Wagner.

KJ might be about the best (or top 5) defensive player in the NFL that no one knows about.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:17 am

I believe Wright is the 5th ranked LB overall in the league. Definitely a snub.

I agree with RD though. The honor is nice but the game itself has become pointless and stupid.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Good point RD, I do agree the game is meaningless and the NFL needs to rethink how they honor these players. MLB has the only all star game worth watching imo.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:58 pm

I miss watching the challenges they used to do at the pro bowl. From the QB long toss to the kickers kicking from off the sidelines, I miss it! The pro bowl itself is boring.
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Our players won't get to attend the Pro Bowl because they will be getting ready for the Super Bowl. I have to wonder how many Panthers are going to beg off playing the PB because they are still in a funk from being knocked out of the play offs by our Seahawks LOL.

One thing, our players have not been able to play in this game for two years in a row so I know that while they would be disappointed they would still enjoy the experience.

What some fans fail to understand is that the Pro Bowl is for the PLAYERS not the fans. It is for the players to get together and have fun and trade jerseys. They also get to include their families in all of the pomp and circumstance where usually their families are only window dressing and can only watch.

I agree, for the fans the game is not very interesting, especially if you expect to watch a real game and not a silly exhibition. There is also the little side shows like the QB competition, the receivers competition, the kickers competition, the Old Timers flag football game and these are actually more fun to watch as the actual game.

So watch or don't watch, it doesn't matter. It is only a filler until the real big game the following week.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:44 pm

It was stupid making it the week before the Superbowl eliminating a huge chunk of stars from even having the opportunity to attend. Its kind of like the almost an all pro bowl now. I always used to tune in to get to see a few of my Hawks padded up for one last game back in the day. It was kind of salve for the wound after XL to see Hass and the guys in Hawaii.And guys used to play with pride before. Now its a meaningless goofy exercise with non conference drafting and old washed up stars acting like clowns.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:59 pm

I like the players that are playing for us representing the Seahawks. I am going to root for the NFC and our Seahawks, and be very entertained by it like always.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Think what you want about the game, it's the ONLY game we get out here. You get 12 a year in the Northwest.

If you only had ONE game a year to see, you'd be happy no matter how bad an event it is... and it is bad. Great game for tailgating. You don't have to worry about getting to your seats on time.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:21 pm

[quote="jshawaii22"]Think what you want about the game, it's the ONLY game we get out here. You get 12 a year in the Northwest.

If you only had ONE game a year to see, you'd be happy no matter how bad an event it is... and it is bad. Great game for tailgating. You don't have to worry about getting to your seats on time.

At least they gave you the game back and its a great point I honestly never thought of. If were playing games in England and occasionally Mexico we ought to think about Hawaii. I thought it was dumb as hell when they brought it stateside. Hawaii was part of the allure for fans and players alike.The biggest mistake was when they gave up on having the game a week after the SB years ago. I think now in this digital NFL network age where you can get your fix 24-7 it might be cool to try it again. Maybe 2 weeks after the SB when guys are rested up and more stars might want to take a paid vacation to Hawaii.Theres 2 weeks between the conference championships and the SB so why not? Raise the financial reward for making the game significantly but base it on attendance. Create an insurance policy to compensate any player injured in the game with an award similar to his projected earnings over his career. Then we would have a damn good game IMO.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:10 pm

I don't care when they 'play' it. It always seemed unfair to the fans when they moved it up 2 weeks and none of the SB players could be here, but that was specific for the mainland, where the NFL already had all the rooms blocked and the TV was already in place. Without a doubt, Hawaii carries a big price to come.

The suits from New York also complained in our press about the 10+ hour plane ride out here, but they'll consider London! Never heard it from the players and especially the married ones with kids. They all love coming here. Two years ago, Peyton and a few other players stepped up to support Hawaii. That's the main reason they came back. Everyone out here thinks it's the last one.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Might as well deep six it then.It belongs in Davey Jones Locker.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:45 am

savvyman wrote:KJ Wright should have been on the Pro Bowl Team - Much more so than Wagner.

KJ might be about the best (or top 5) defensive player in the NFL that no one knows about.

Pro Football focus has KJ Wright as one of 5 Defensive Players who should have made the Pro Bowl.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/23/pro-10-biggest-pro-bowl-snubs/
savvyman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum