RW setting records

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

RW setting records

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Rw became only the 3rd qb to throw for 50+ tds in their first 2 seasons, others are P Manning and Marino

Also most wins by a Qb in 1st 2 seasons, most road wins by a qb in first 2 seasons
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Legacy

Re: RW setting records

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:14 pm

RW is in good company!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Anthony wrote:Rw became only the 3rd qb to throw for 50+ tds in their first 2 seasons, others are P Manning and Marino

Also most wins by a Qb in 1st 2 seasons, most road wins by a qb in first 2 seasons

Super impressive. He seemed out of sorts today throwing the ball, not used to seeing him miss receivers.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Hawkstar wrote:
Anthony wrote:Rw became only the 3rd qb to throw for 50+ tds in their first 2 seasons, others are P Manning and Marino

Super impressive. He seemed out of sorts today throwing the ball, not used to seeing him miss receivers.

Agreed can also add in a few drops but agree he seems a little out of sorts, but still came through when needed.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:37 pm

I keep remembering in one of RW's first games, Mike Martz exclaiming He's too small! He can't see! Every time Russ made any type of mistake.

I wonder what he thinks now?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:04 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I keep remembering in one of RW's first games, Mike Martz exclaiming He's too small! He can't see! Every time Russ made any type of mistake.

I wonder what he thinks now?

Its weird even though this was not one of his better games he still

had the most passing yards, completed 66% of his passes, and had the most rushing yards in the game, and it was not one of his better games.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:09 pm

And he's just a puppy. Where's the ceiling on this guy? Well, don't want to jinx him with future musings, so will just enjoy the ride.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Sky's the limit.

He's easily been the most clutch QB this year. Manning may get the mvp because of his insane numbers, but I'll take RW in the playoffs anyday.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:28 pm

It's nuts to think we havent lost a game by more than 6 or 7 points with RW at the Helm. EVER. He's a winner and I'm super pumped to think he's our guy for the next decade.

Full disclosure... I was a Flynn guy. Cant lie. I've had my crow (numerous times last season) but only a few of smarter people saw RW coming :P
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby fisherman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Pain Train being his biggest pre draft cheerleader in here of course.

Gruden was the only guy in the booth on draft day that I can remember being in love with the pick.
fisherman
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

fisherman wrote:Pain Train being his biggest pre draft cheerleader in here of course.

Gruden was the only guy in the booth on draft day that I can remember being in love with the pick.

Havent seen Pain Train here, but I definitely recall him calling for RW early and often. Tip of the cap to PT, he nailed it. btw - Flynn had a pretty impressive comeback today. Not that I would ever consider Flynn vs RW, just saying the guy had a nice comeback. In Russ I Trust!
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Hawkstar wrote:
fisherman wrote:Pain Train being his biggest pre draft cheerleader in here of course.

Havent seen Pain Train here, but I definitely recall him calling for RW early and often. Tip of the cap to PT, he nailed it. btw - Flynn had a pretty impressive comeback today. Not that I would ever consider Flynn vs RW, just saying the guy had a nice comeback. In Russ I Trust!

Yup. Pain Train was pushing for Russell hard, way before the draft. So was a good friend of mine. I actually liked the pick except that I thought that a 3rd rounder was too high. But it didn't take me long to be convinced that we had a bargain, though, after some lobbying by a couple of friends and after seeing Russell being interviewed.

Flynn did absolutely nothing wrong to lose the QB job here. Russell grabbed the bull by the horns and won it. Flynn is the perfect QB for Green Bay's system, but not ours. He had a fantastic game today, 5 second half possessions, 5 TD's. Of course, we are talking about the Cowboy's defense, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Hawkstar wrote:It's nuts to think we havent lost a game by more than 6 or 7 points with RW at the Helm. EVER. He's a winner and I'm super pumped to think he's our guy for the next decade.

Full disclosure... I was a Flynn guy. Cant lie. I've had my crow (numerous times last season) but only a few of smarter people saw RW coming :P

I was too, lol.
Still have my Flynn campaign button somewhere around here:)
Was one of those people sold on the guy. Hilarious to think about now. Thing is, even if he had won the starting job in 2012, he woulda lost it soon after, just like he did in Oakland. That said, he did have a nice game today to rally GB back over Dallas (who set a new, franchise historical loss and signature Romo choke), but I suspect that will be the exception and not the rule for Matt.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 pm

If it makes you guys feel any better, I believe I was the LAST "Flynn guy" standing at the end ( right up until the Miami game). Never shirked away from those posts, never will, it was what I felt until I saw Wilson "take that next step" ( Which IMHO happened in the Miami game, and blossomed in the Chicago game the following week).

:oops:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:24 am

I thought Flynn should have won the starting job here, too, up until he got hurt right before the regular season. Russell made most of his hay against 2nd stringers in the preseason. I was as wrong about that opinion as any that I've ever ventured.

I'm not so sure he would have lost the job, either. He looked better than decent during the preseason and there's to reason to believe that he would have played poorly enough to justify a change. Coaches are usually reluctant to make QB changes.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:09 am

HumanCockroach wrote:If it makes you guys feel any better, I believe I was the LAST "Flynn guy" standing at the end ( right up until the Miami game). Never shirked away from those posts, never will, it was what I felt until I saw Wilson "take that next step" ( Which IMHO happened in the Miami game, and blossomed in the Chicago game the following week).

Actually I think the last Flynn guy is he who will not be named but his name rhymes with BackButt :D
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:26 am

RW continues to take care of the ball. With the exception of that one int today, he has been lights out in this dept, in that even though he makes mistakes he never loses a game for us. You ask that to any number of qb's out there (former Farve Viking days, and Romo) and they will probably agree that this is one of the key aspects of being a good qb.

Flynn hit 4 tds today and next week will lose his job to Rogers.
But Flynn's problem was consistency game after game.
He's a solid pricey backup though.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:34 am

Eaglehawk wrote:RW continues to take care of the ball. With the exception of that one int today, he has been lights out in this dept, in that even though he makes mistakes he never loses a game for us. You ask that to any number of qb's out there (former Farve Viking days, and Romo) and they will probably agree that this is one of the key aspects of being a good qb.

Flynn hit 4 tds today and next week will lose his job to Rogers.
But Flynn's problem was consistency game after game.
He's a solid pricey backup though.

Ever since Dave Krieg, my #1 priority for a quarterback is taking care of the ball, and Russell has done a marvelous job of that.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:47 am

I had fully expected Jackson to start the year and play himself onto the bench.
I then expected Flynn to play the rest of the year with Wilson learning by watching.
I hadn't fully appreciated PCs belief that the best player plays regardless of experience.
It was a bit of an eye opener.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 am

Anthony wrote:
HumanCockroach wrote:If it makes you guys feel any better, I believe I was the LAST "Flynn guy" standing at the end ( right up until the Miami game). Never shirked away from those posts, never will, it was what I felt until I saw Wilson "take that next step" ( Which IMHO happened in the Miami game, and blossomed in the Chicago game the following week).

Actually I think the last Flynn guy is he who will not be named but his name rhymes with BackButt :D

Sorry, I should clarified, I was talking about non trolls/ crazy people.... :D
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:43 am

HumanCockroach wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Sorry, I should clarified, I was talking about non trolls/ crazy people.... :D

LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:45 am

NorthHawk wrote:I had fully expected Jackson to start the year and play himself onto the bench.
I then expected Flynn to play the rest of the year with Wilson learning by watching.
I hadn't fully appreciated PCs belief that the best player plays regardless of experience.
It was a bit of an eye opener.

+1
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum