Official Seahawks vs Cardinals Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Cardinals Game Thread

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:29 am

obiken wrote:I don't agree Human, I think the Cards are still the team to beat. IF you scheme properly for Carolina they just do not have enough weapons. Stop Fig Newton from running on 3rd and 5 I think they are beatable. But I am just Dr. Doom to you!

And if you hit Palmer the Cardinals fold. What's your point.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:19 am

The Cards are not just going to fold Human, trust me.
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:16 am

obiken wrote:The Cards are not just going to fold Human, trust me.

Depends on who's doing the folding Obi, I don't think there's a team in the NFL we're not capable of folding into an Origami crane.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:09 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Do you believe GB can beat Washington Monkey? I do, and honestly I don't think it will be close. That by my count leaves a single game for them, one against a team that admittedly embarrassed them just a couple weeks before. That being said, if GB can find any semblance of protection, I do see GB being able to win a shootout with Arizona in the desert. Personally, I find Arizona's pass defense unimpressive, which should Seattle TCB would match them up in GB.

Please don't confuse my prognostication with "respect" for GB, it isn't ( hence the "dismantling" thing) it is merely an observation. Palmer has never won a playoff game, nor has Arians as a head coach, in fact very few Cardinals have really Any experience in the post season. IMHO the "best" team in the NFC not named Seattle is Carolina, and in order for Seattle to vie for a third straight SB they have to go through Carolina. I merely looked at the other path, and came to the conclusion that experience trumps non experience more often than not in the postseason, though youth can and does occasionally win out( thing is though, the Cards aren't "young") that said, I agree with "over rated", but IMHO UNTIL the Cards actually make some noise in the post season, I'm simply not believing them in any way shape and form.... If Seattle faces Arizona in the NFCCG fine, I don't fret what "might" be like others, but I haven't been all that impressed by Arizona ( at least not more than Carolina). They are BOTH vulnerable.

Washington is going to beat GB. They stink. Something happened to that team, not sure what but they are the weakest team in the field. Not to mention next to Seattle Washington is the hottest team in the NFC.
Seattle just made AZ the second weakest by putting a silver bullet in their Mojo.

I dont understand the lack of respect for Washington, its like people aren't watching the games or something.Cousins is Torrid.They are playing with confidence and have some weapons.
I would not be shocked if the NFC championship winds up in Landover Maryland.Not a prediction but not a shock if it happened.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:52 am

burrrton wrote:"Too bad we can' wear wolf gray in the playoffs."

I like them, too- who says we can't?

The NFL uniform Nazi's. They are our alternate road uniforms. I think we have to wear our declared standard road uniforms, ie white jerseys with blue pants, throughout the playoffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:32 am

I think we have to wear our declared standard road uniforms, ie white jerseys with blue pants, throughout the playoffs.

Huh. Learn something every day...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Oly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:22 am

Washington over GB -- GB is a mess and Washington is clicking. I just don't see GB figuring out their issues in a week of practice.
Hawks over Minny -- Hawks are simply better

Hawks over Carolina (the real NFC championship game) in a defensive squeaker -- Tradition (and the Hawks' experience)
Arizona over Washington -- Arizona has too many weapons, and Washington can't generate the pressure on Palmer that the Hawks can. Give Palmer time, which he'll have against Washington, and he'll kill you. I also think AZ is a veteran team, and I think that mitigates the "no playoff wins" experience problems they have.

Hawks over Arizona (again) -- Wash, rinse, repeat

Who the hell knows what will happen in the AFC.
Oly
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:19 pm

http://m.redskins.com/news-and-events/schedule.html

Sorry, I don't buy a win with the Skins, not a single win has come against an opponent with a better than .500 record. GB may be a shambles of its former self, however, the Skins simply are not a "good" team. Despite the Packs inability to stop the run ( something the Skins don't do well) and the spotty receiver play ( something the Skins don't defend well), they DO pressure the QB well ( something Cousins doesn't handle well) and they have FAR more experience. Doesn't mean I don't think the Skins CAN win ( don't adhere to that philosophy ever), it simply means that the strengths and weaknesses of each team leads me to believe they won't.

You all are welcome to the theory that GB doesn't have a chance, I don't agree. Until a team can actually beat a team with a winning record coming out of that trash heap of a division, I'm not sold in the least.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:21 pm

obiken wrote:The Cards are not just going to fold Human, trust me.

Trust you? LMFAO. He of the Seahawks have no chance prognostications? Nah, I'll pass. That team has had issues with Seattle for going on five years with two eeked out wins, and a whole LOT of folding.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Wow- the Redskins really haven't beaten anybody this year, have they?

I'm firmly in the "No NFL Win is Easy" camp, but it really is remarkable.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Fun article to read from Barnwell:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14499 ... s-2015-nfl

Calls our game yesterday the most impressive victory of the year and RW his offensive POY.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:38 pm

burrrton wrote:Wow- the Redskins really haven't beaten anybody this year, have they?

Yes, but the Packers are HORRIBLE. Aaron Rodgers is the most under discussed implosion this season. Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick pushed him out of the running for the biggest Underperformer of the Year award. I ought to know, I had the S.O.B. on my fantasy team.

IMO the Deadskins beat the Packers by a touchdown.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Trust you? LMFAO. He of the Seahawks have no chance prognostications? Nah, I'll pass. That team has had issues with Seattle for going on five years with two eeked out wins, and a whole LOT of folding.

Wow walked into that one didn't I??? As the Zen Master said we'll see.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:21 pm

burrrton wrote:Wow- the Redskins really haven't beaten anybody this year, have they?

Gives one a greater appreciation for how truly putrid that division is. To think the other teams couldn't beat those teams is insane, and yet ALL of them beat those Redskins at least once.... Yet GB hasn't a chance? Seems like an absolutely silly statement to me, considering they are a team that at the very least made it "a game" against some superior opponents ( like Carolina, beat Seattle and Minnesota- almost a second time, etc) at least they were IN games against playoff opponents, the Skins got annihilated in those games. They certainly could win, I just don't think it's anywhere close to a "sure" thing ( in fact, I would give them about a 30% chance).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Aaron Rodgers is the most under discussed implosion this season.

Seasons over. Everyone is 0-0. Two big ( or at least better) games gets him to the NFC Championship games.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:45 pm

On the Skins, the Skins are the 17th on Defense, 10th on Offense. Not a great Playoff team.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:16 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Do you believe GB can beat Washington Monkey? I do, and honestly I don't think it will be close.

Please don't confuse my prognostication with "respect" for GB, it isn't ( hence the "dismantling" thing) it is merely an observation. Palmer has never won a playoff game, nor has Arians as a head coach, in fact very few Cardinals have really Any experience in the post season. IMHO the "best" team in the NFC not named Seattle is Carolina, and in order for Seattle to vie for a third straight SB they have to go through Carolina. I merely looked at the other path, and came to the conclusion that experience trumps non experience more often than not in the postseason, though youth can and does occasionally win out( thing is though, the Cards aren't "young") that said, I agree with "over rated", but IMHO UNTIL the Cards actually make some noise in the post season, I'm simply not believing them in any way shape and form.... If Seattle faces Arizona in the NFCCG fine, I don't fret what "might" be like others, but I haven't been all that impressed by Arizona ( at least not more than Carolina). They are BOTH vulnerable.

Good post HC and good question.
I really am on the fence with Washington right now. On the one hand I see a team that really is just the best of a lousy division, one without a lot of talent, and without a defense to speak of. On the other hand, I see a team that has developed legitimate confidence, and is really believing in their QB.
I said the day the Redskins drafted RG3 and Cousins, that they landed their franchise QB, and it is NOT RG3. I got laughed at a lot by a lot of people but I have to stick by what I said. Cousins can be the real deal franchise QB for that team. They also have a very good rookie RB, who is good at running downhill and getting tough yards, and wearing defenses out.

So do I believe in the Redskins? No. No I really don't, BUT I do think that they are believing in themselves right now, and that just might be enough to squeak them through a game or two.
One thing I know for certain, the Packers started out 6-0, and finished the year at 10-6 LOL! That's PATHETIC! No team with any real hopes of the Super Bowl That team I absolutely DO NOT believe in at all! They got lucky to even make the playoffs, after getting badly outplayed in several games that they ended up somehow winning (the Detyroit Hail Mary game for example).

I think Green Bay has (slightly) more overall talent than Washington, but I think Washington has more confidence and is playing better at the moment...
That game could really go either way IMO.

Oh and, as for Arizona; I've NEVER been impressed with them. What they have is (similar to Washington right now) a high level of confidence, based mostly on relatively good health compared to last years team, and a based on a coach who has done a terrific job of getting them to believe. I do think Arians is a terrific coach, and obviously they have a very good defense and wide outs, but Palmer...I think he's incredibly overrated personally. As you said, and I agree 100%, if you move him off his spot, he makes some really stupid throws. Pressure him, especially up the middle, and his accuracy goes right out the window. The guy is a pick machine, he's just had the benefit of being extremely well protected this year. And of course he has good targets to throw to as well.

Still Arizona has zero real run game, the offensive line doesn't run block well at ALL! And without a run game, they are one dimensional, and as such can easily be game planned for. They are a high risk/high reward offense, one that has gotten VERY fortunate this year in the turnover department, both ways, but that cannot last forever.
Make them one dimensional, take advantage of the chances you are guaranteed to get against Palmer (he'll throw you several opportunities for picks every game) and you can easily dispatch the Cards.

Most importantly, this Cards team is a one year wonder, with no real chance of repeating beyond this season, as their aging QB, star WR, and defense will keep them from being a legitimate threat beyond this year.
SO I agree completely with you about the Cards, they are a good team, no taking that away from them, but they are a FAR cry from being the kind of team that should automatically be favored, or that any other playoff team ought to fear.
Last edited by monkey on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:38 pm

I don't see it. Since the HC has taken over the play calling, the Packers are a running team. The Skins are 26th against the run, game over.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:01 pm

obiken wrote:I don't see it. Since the HC has taken over the play calling, the Packers are a running team. The Skins are 26th against the run, game over.
The Packers are a team that WANTS to run the ball, but they have a fat, slow starting RB playing behind an offensive line that was built to pass protect (though they aren't good at that either) and QB who is far more dependable. When push comes to shove, they'll abandon that "run game" so fast it'll make your head spin.
Sure McCarthy is TRYING to establish a run game, because he knows that the LACK of a run game is what keeps getting them killed in the playoffs, (how many years in a row now will they lose to an NFC West team in the playoffs LOL!? Will this be the year they lose to someone else finally or will the Cards or Seahawks put an end to them?) The Packer run game is a joke, and the punch line involves Eddy Lacy and a few too many hamburgers.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:05 pm

But how tough is it to run on one of the worst Run defenses in the League? IF you are right Monkey I think it will be due to the least covered big story in the NFL. IE, the implosion of Aaron Rogers.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:07 pm

I am not really as sure of this prediction as I am of facing a pissed off Cards team in the NFC title game will be as easy as Human thinks.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:46 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Seasons over. Everyone is 0-0. Two big ( or at least better) games gets him to the NFC Championship games.

That's true. But it's also true that a metamorphosis seldom happens over night. The Packers are clearly on the decline.

You wanna bet on the Deadskins-Packers game? Loser has to walk around with his fly unzipped and his manhood hanging out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:40 pm

obiken wrote:I am not really as sure of this prediction as I am of facing a pissed off Cards team in the NFC title game will be as easy as Human thinks.

Where and when did I say an NFCCG against Arizona would be "easy"? Never said it. You're the Cards will win "easy" guy, or "Seattle has no chance" guy. In fact, where have I said any game would be "easy". This is the NFL, NOTHING is "easy" anyone saying otherwise, doesn't know anything about football.

There's a difference between "easy" and "good matchups" not remotely the same. I pointed out multiple times "good" matchups, and more often than not I'm pretty Damn accurate. Most notably against Denver in the SB, but also this season against Minnesota, last year ( and this) Carolina etc... Having a favorable matchup, doesn't in any way create an easy game, it's simply a way to "guess" at an outcome, an educated guess, but a guess none the less....

Only people that cast outcomes in stone end up with egg on their faces time and again. I'm not that guy, know better, and understand the meaning of any given Sunday.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Are you serious? I don't bet on football, no matter how confident I am, because as I just explained, any team ( even a horrible one like Washington) can win on any given day. How about you just come back on after GB wins and admit I know what I'm talking about? That will work... And IF Washington beats a team with a winning record for the FIRST time in two seasons, I'll reciprocate the favor.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 am

Defending Washington is sort of like defending whoever was winning the "NFC worst" as it used to be called 10 years ago. The forgotten thing is that if there is one dominant team or a very competitive division coupled with a difficult non conference schedule or both it influences how "bad" the bad teams are. Another thing to remember about the Skins is that it really didn't start to gel for a while this season, making some of the earlier season contests meaningless for evaluation purposes, sort of like another team I know about...
Week 2 the Skins beat the Rams 24-10. Rams coming off a big win...In the second half of the season the Skins had a close loss to NE on the road. They hung 47 points on the Saints then got pounded by the Panthers in Carolina in week 11. They beat 5 of their last 6 opponents and blew out their last 4 opponents averaging over 30 PPG including 3 on the road. Behind Wilson Cousins is by far the hottest QB in the league the second half with numerous team records in his pocket.In the Tampa game he directed some unbelievable 28/31/ point comeback? It was a lot of points, I know that. He isn't going to feel like hes out of any game after that. Hes hungry, so is Gruden and they have some swag. Anyone who underestimates this team does so at their peril.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:05 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Are you serious? I don't bet on football, no matter how confident I am, because as I just explained, any team ( even a horrible one like Washington) can win on any given day. How about you just come back on after GB wins and admit I know what I'm talking about? That will work... And IF Washington beats a team with a winning record for the FIRST time in two seasons, I'll reciprocate the favor.

That'll work.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:16 am

Yep we will find out who the armchair geniuses are very soon. Its the beauty of sports. I'm not sure if there's a prediction thread but Ill throw mine in right here.
Redskins 31- GB 17
Hawks 27-Vikes 10
Steelers 35-Bengals 34
KC 24-Texans 10
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Seems like people are on polar opposites on this thing. I think it's in the middle. I think that Washington SHOULD win this game. They are at home. They have an identity and they are playing better. Personally I'm happy to not be playing them not because I think Kurt Cousins is great (I don't think he is a franchise QB) but Jordan Reed is destroying everything and the TE is the one thing the Seattle defense really hasn't gotten back to solving... but I digress.

Green Bay is a bad team... but they are experienced in playoff football and Washington is not. Also Washington is still the Washington professional football team owned by Dan Snyder and them winning a division by default where the Cowboys were racked by injury and the Eagles imploded isn't exactly the most impressive thing in the world. So the Redskins should beat a bad GB team but it won't exactly knock me on off my feet if the Packers don't go out there and teach them a lesson in gutting out a playoff game.

As far as the Cards I don't see how people think they are pretenders. They are legit and I like them better than the Panthers by a hair... or at least I did. Right next to Aaron Rodgers as under reported developments this season. Honey Badger IMO is the most important player on their defense because of the versatility he gives them and he is now out for as long as the Cards are still playing. They are still good enough to win without him but they would have been the odds on favorite IMO simply because the Hawks have to win 3 road games now I think they are #3.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm

In one of these threads I pointed out that I thought Minnesota was a better matchup because of the TE play in Washington, doesn't mean I didn't think Seattle would still win 9 out of 10 times playing them, but as I said, matchups matter. I like Seattle's chances against anyone, anywhere in the post season, but ultimately it's a guess. Arizona certainly CAN win it all, but until they get at least one victory in the post season, I'm not overly concerned with them.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Minny is average Human we should win by 15 or more at the end. I look for us to beat a Panther team that is like we were in 2012, almost but not quite. Then the Cards game.
obiken
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:40 pm

I could see the redskins winning this game. The blocking and running of GB have been terrible. Of coarse skins defense in general is pretty bad, especially in the run, nut they also did just sign carey Williams so that shows how confident they are in their pass d as well. I just don't see the packers stopping cousins and desean. Plus cousins has got at least two other fairly legitimate pass targets. I say skins win it and yeah YOU LIKE THAT.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:45 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:In one of these threads I pointed out that I thought Minnesota was a better matchup because of the TE play in Washington, doesn't mean I didn't think Seattle would still win 9 out of 10 times playing them, but as I said, matchups matter. I like Seattle's chances against anyone, anywhere in the post season, but ultimately it's a guess. Arizona certainly CAN win it all, but until they get at least one victory in the post season, I'm not overly concerned with them.

Thats a point I had forgotten HC. That tight end for the Skins is a load, as good as anyone from what Ive seen. Hes fast, athletic and has incredible hands.And Cousins is obviously looking to him. I'm telling you between he, Jackson, Garcon, and a serviceable back in Morris they averaged about 33 points per game last 4.

Washington has a punchers chance.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:
Where and when did I say an NFCCG against Arizona would be "easy"? Never said it. You're the Cards will win "easy" guy, or "Seattle has no chance" guy. In fact, where have I said any game would be "easy". This is the NFL, NOTHING is "easy" anyone saying otherwise, doesn't know anything about football.

There's a difference between "easy" and "good matchups" not remotely the same. I pointed out multiple times "good" matchups, and more often than not I'm pretty Damn accurate. Most notably against Denver in the SB, but also this season against Minnesota, last year ( and this) Carolina etc... Having a favorable matchup, doesn't in any way create an easy game, it's simply a way to "guess" at an outcome, an educated guess, but a guess none the less....

Only people that cast outcomes in stone end up with egg on their faces time and again. I'm not that guy, know better, and understand the meaning of any given Sunday.

Yep I can vouch for HC Denver Superbowl insight - I asked and received his opinion ( i believed he might even have said he had a dream or visions of a Seahawks victory over Denver) the day before the Superbowl. I flew down to Reno the following morning and placed a serious amount of money on the Hawks to win over Denver in the Superbowl.

Needless to say HC will always have a special place of honor in my memories. Lol
savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:40 pm

Wow if I don't buy this excuse I know you guys wont either!

ESPN:
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Carson Palmer's right index finger is feeling better, his throwing motion has returned to normal and his lat muscles have recovered after the Arizona Cardinals training staff changed the way his finger was taped on Saturday.
The way Palmer’s fingers were previously taped after his right index finger was dislocated against Philadelphia in Week 15 forced him to change his throwing motion which led to sore back muscles.
“Just having to throw it a little bit different is always different on your body,” Palmer said. “Certain muscles are so used to one specific pattern or one specific movement and when you change that movement, things get thrown out of whack.
“We changed some things up with the way I treated it and the way I taped it, and it’s feeling much better. I haven’t had that issue much since.”
Palmer threw for 274 yards and a touchdown in a 40-17 win over the Eagles and followed it with 265 yards, two touchdowns and an interception against the Packers in Week 16.
Arians compared Palmer’s lat soreness to a pitcher experiencing muscle issues because he changes his delivery.
“For a quarterback, it’s a weird feeling and it worried him some,” Arians said. “But once we readjusted the tape job so that he could use his finger and come off the ball last, the soreness went away and he’s really good right now.”
obiken
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum