Official Seahawks vs Cardinals Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Cardinals Game Thread

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:45 pm

The Cards packed it in that's the only explanation for this game.
obiken
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:51 pm

obiken wrote:The Cards packed it in that's the only explanation for this game.

We also showed up...
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:51 pm

We are making a statement! That statement is that we are the defending NFC Champions and until, and unless someone defeats us we fully expect to be playing for the Lombardi for the 3rd. time in 3 years down in Santa Clara, where we ALWAYS play well.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:59 pm

S.H. is making a statement too, that Schneider needs to get another kicker for next year. Hauschka is going in to a funk at a bad time. It looked to me that he was limping.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:We are making a statement! That statement is that we are the defending NFC Champions and until, and unless someone defeats us we fully expect to be playing for the Lombardi for the 3rd. time in 3 years down in Santa Clara, where we ALWAYS play well.

Come on guy really? There is 0 chance of us getting kind of lead against the Cards in the Playoffs. IF they do I will come on this site and do 5 mea culpa and say Human is the man.
obiken
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Need a new kicker? If he's limping, I'll give him a pass. Both misses were within 2 yards of the same left upright. By the way, he may not be the 'best' but he's sure in the top 5 of kickers, or haven't you noticed that all kickers seem to be having down years since they moved the ExPt back 15 yards. So I guess hitting this 3rd qtr one dead down the middle ends that 'slump'?
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:S.H. is making a statement too, that Schneider needs to get another kicker for next year. Hauschka is going in to a funk at a bad time. It looked to me that he was limping.

Hauschka had a bad game last year in Glendale, but the Hawks still rolled.......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:25 pm

33 - 6

Keep it going
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks to the Seahawks wiping out the Cards, we now don't get to watch the game anymore. FOX just switched us to a AFC game.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Arizona was mailing it in??? That's why Arians looks like he needs medical attention as his obnoxious face matches his hat and jacket.

Haushka just split the uprights for a 52 yarder. We should absolutely get a new kicker. SMH!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:38 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Thanks to the Seahawks wiping out the Cards, we now don't get to watch the game anymore. FOX just switched us to a AFC game.

That SUCKS. It's 36-6 now.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:42 pm

But we get the watch Peyton come in as the 'backup' Denver QB. What more could we ask for? (actually, any way to keep the Pats out of the HF advantage is worth the watch)
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Don't have a heart attack, read my post. I didn't say we need a new kicker now, that would be crazy. I said Schneider needs to bring in a new kicker next season, obviously for COMPETITION. Hauschka has not been his usual automatic self, it happens to all kickers eventually.

After I wrote what I did then I noticed it looked like he was limping. I remembered his getting hit while his plant foot was firmly planted and he has been erratic (for him) ever since. I hope he is all right because we are going to need him.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 pm

As soon as the Cards took Palmer out they had thrown in the towel.

That said, I love 36 to 6 but I wish we could have got a TD instead of FG. hell, I want a TD EVERY time we get into the red zone.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Nobody's having a heart attack (save maybe Bruce Arians) - it's just everyone is amped on game day. I'm sorry....I'll calm down now maybe. ;-)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:12 pm

SHEAD!!! Nice!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Uh huh.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

obiken wrote:
Come on guy really? There is 0 chance of us getting kind of lead against the Cards in the Playoffs. IF they do I will come on this site and do 5 mea culpa and say Human is the man.

Drinking again, I see.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:28 pm

I was on the road all afternoon and rolled in just in time to see TJack convert the 4th and 5 and take some knees. Looked like a great game. Any injuries? Other things I should know?
Oly
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:35 pm

The first half was dominated by Tyler Lockett and Russell Wilson and the refs, in that order. "D" held Carson to (I would assume without looking) his worst 1/2 of the season. Is that enough? Sure beats last week.

If we root for Minni, we would go there as the #6 seed, if they win . If GB wins, we go to Washington as the #5 seed. Hard to pick this one. Washington looks like we do, to be honest. In other words, I wouldn't want to play the Skins, but being the #6 seed, it gives up any chance for another home game.

I can also add that the OLIne did a better, but not great job. Russell got whacked a few times, but looked OK all day. Typical Russell When the pocket held up, he looked like a MVP QB.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Kinda want to face the vikes.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Any injuries?

*sigh* Yes- Lane injured his ribs. No idea how serious it is...
burrrton
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm

The Seahawks are just a better team is the only explanation.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:01 pm

obiken wrote:

Obi, have you not been paying attention to how the last few years have gone?
When we lose to Arizona (and that is rare) we BARELY lose, when we beat them, (often), we BEAT THEM DOWN UGLY.
Why?
Because, although we don't always play like the superior team, we ARE IN FACT the better team.
Now we're playing the way we're capable of playing, Wilson is red hot, and our defense is playing like the D we all know and love.
We can kill anyone, anywhere anytime.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Old but Slow wrote:Russell Wilson, first QB in history to throw for 4000 yds, throw 30 TD's, and rush for more than 500 yds.

Yup. Too bad he's just a short, game manager. He could never carry a team without Lynch... err... Rawls... ummm... Christine Michael? Yeah, he could never carry a team without him! Wait, that's right, it's the DEFENSE that makes Wilson look better than he is. Not sure how that works exactly, but it does!
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Without five starters, in a game that meant quite a bit to the Cards, not nearly as much to Seattle, they got dismantled, and the theory it's that even without the starters, and not much to play for, against a QB who hasn't won a single playoff game, Seattle can't get a lead?

Um, yeah ok, sure. That "faith" is so incredibly strong this week. Truth is, I don't believe Seattle will play Arizona again this season. I don't think Palmer gets his first postseason win, Seattle will get there, but Arizona will once again flame out. Look forward to playing in Lambeau and dismantling them in GB. ( by the way only two teams in the playoffs are top five in offense and defense, one just handed the other one their arse).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:41 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Without five starters, in a game that meant quite a bit to the Cards, not nearly as much to Seattle, they got dismantled, and the theory it's that even without the starters, and not much to play for, against a QB who hasn't won a single playoff game, Seattle can't get a lead?

Um, yeah ok, sure. That "faith" is so incredibly strong this week. Truth is, I don't believe Seattle will play Arizona again this season. I don't think Palmer gets his first postseason win, Seattle will get there, but Arizona will once again flame out. Look forward to playing in Lambeau and dismantling them in GB. ( by the way only two teams in the playoffs are top five in offense and defense, one just handed the other one their arse).

I would agree except for the fact that Green Bay is actually, the NFL's most overrated team.
They cannot run, cannot stop the run, have no receivers who can actually catch the ball without Jordy (remember all the media saying his injury wouldn't hurt them? LOL! I knew it would!). All they have is a good QB, that's it.
Green Bay is going nowhere. Spell this Rodgers, O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D.
I think either Carolina or Arizona would tear up the Packers...heck, so would Minnesota, as I think they will tonight in fact.
Seattle normally kicks the crap out of the Cards, and the Panthers, the Redskins are hot right now, but let's face it, they've played a pathetic schedule, the Packers are lame...Seattle is the NFC best team IMO. We may not win, (the best team doesn't always win) but we OUGHT to, based on talent, and based ont he way that the Seahawks are playing right now.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:12 pm

I don't agree Human, I think the Cards are still the team to beat. IF you scheme properly for Carolina they just do not have enough weapons. Stop Fig Newton from running on 3rd and 5 I think they are beatable. But I am just Dr. Doom to you!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Drinking again, I see.[/quote]

Not when I wrote it but now I went to the Thirsty Lion in Portland and had 3 Dragon Tooth stouts 7.75 APV!

The Cards are the only team with too many weapons to cover. I fear no one else, really.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Top teams in the NFC are all in the tournament. There is no team that got shafted or slighted as has been the case in some years. So now it's a slugfest to see which one of the 6 represents the NFC in Santa Clara. Since the Rams aren't in the playoffs ( :-) ) I'd put the Hawks up there with any of them. ANY OF them.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:36 pm

[/quote]Obi, have you not been paying attention to how the last few years have gone?
When we lose to Arizona (and that is rare) we BARELY lose, when we beat them, (often), we BEAT THEM DOWN UGLY.
Why?
Because, although we don't always play like the superior team, we ARE IN FACT the better team.
Now we're playing the way we're capable of playing, Wilson is red hot, and our defense is playing like the D we all know and love.
We can kill anyone, anywhere anytime.[quote]

I hope you are right Monkey IF you are we are in the SB again! We went 4-5 then 6-1! Come on I'm impressed no matter what happens.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:28 pm

monkey wrote:Yup. Too bad he's just a short, game manager. He could never carry a team without Lynch... err... Rawls... ummm... Christine Michael? Yeah, he could never carry a team without him! Wait, that's right, it's the DEFENSE that makes Wilson look better than he is. Not sure how that works exactly, but it does!

Hehe- this.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:30 pm

obiken wrote:Not when I wrote it but now I went to the Thirsty Lion in Portland and had 3 Dragon Tooth stouts 7.75 APV!

:) Nice. Hope you had enough for me, too.

obiken wrote:The Cards are the only team with too many weapons to cover. I fear no one else, really.

They're for real, but if you came away from tonight's game and think there's no way we compete with them, you were already drunk.

Arians will be very good at reminding them they were paying too much attention to their press clippings pre-game, but if you put tonight's Seahawks team with Chancellor back, and Okung back, and Sweezy back, and possibly Lynch back, we're good enough on a mediocre day to beat any team in the NFL.

[edit- we were without Willson, too!]
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Some of my in person observations:

I'm not sure what you guys could see on TV, but about the only thing critical I could find about the Hawks' performance is that there was 3-4 teams where we had receivers running the wrong patterns, lost their spacing and ended up with two receivers within 5 yards of each other. Some of that may have been inexperience (Smith, Helfet(?)).

OL played really well, especially considering both Okung and Sweezy were out. Michael filled in nicely at RB.

Punt return team did a great job of holding up coverage and allowing Lockett to catch the punt without a man within 10 yards of him.

The slightest amount of pressure really throws off Palmer. Get him off his spot and he's pretty pedestrian. There were several times that him and his receivers weren't on the same page, pretty surprising for an offense as good as Arizona's and considering it was Week 17. Bennett was tearing it up inside.

Cards were definitely flat. I got the impression that they've peaked and predict that they're one and done in the playoffs. IMO the Skins will beat the Pack next week and the Cards the following week. They will struggle to sell playoff tickets. That fan base is without a doubt the most passive in the league. Seahawks vs. Skins for NFCCG.

Too bad we can' wear wolf gray in the playoffs. I do believe we're undefeated in those uni's.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Seahawks vs. Skins for NFCCG.

Bold prediction.

Too bad we can' wear wolf gray in the playoffs.

I like them, too- who says we can't?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:52 pm

For anyone who doesn't read FieldGulls, do.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/1/3/1070 ... ghts-boobs

One of many great articles that will, and have been, written.

Richard Sherman allowed a short catch on the first play from scrimmage before entering stalk-your-soul-into-the-afterlife mode, shutting down an entire zip code while breaking up two passes and talking more trash than Oscar the Grouch. It didn't matter which receiver they threw at him, either. Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, John Brown- may as well have lined up a sea cucumber across from Richard Sherman today.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Nothing but positives to come out of this game.

-Arizona had motivation to play well. While they could reasonably assume that TB wasn't going to beat Carolina (and remain the #2 seed), this was their chance to still make a statement, and they got Pounded.

-OL played solid vs a good front 7. When they start off well, it fires up the entire team. RW can relax a bit and play his game. Glowinski filled in admirably in his 1st ever (?) start. That said, I still expect some changes to happen with this group next offseason. Hopefully, they can keep it up for the playoffs. I would also like to see Glow over Sweezy, even when he's healthy again.

-Lockett...INSANE! The kid is just Amazing. His footwork and timing make all the difference, and the return unit did a great job setting blocks

-Gotta give it up for C Michael, too. Never been a fan of the guy, but his humbling experiences in Dallas and Washington have him focused for a change. Still looking forward to having Beast back, but at least CM can be counted on to give him a spell when he needs it.

-Defense showed flashes of their '13 & '14 selves. They surrendered a couple 3rd and longs, but that's to be expected against what typically is a good Cards' offense.

-Haushcka...weird day. Still love the guy, but did I hear it was his 4th missed PAT for the season? Hooked a 40 yarder, but hits two from 52. He just has to shake off the botched kicks and remember that he's still one of the best. Replacing him is nonsense.

-NIce game plan by Bevell. He did start to get cute here and there a few times with some of his calls, but then continued to dial up plays that were working early.

More than any other team, fast starts are so key for the Seahawks. They feed off of it and allow it to continue. Likewise, when they struggle in the first quarter/half, it's anybody's guess what'll happen the remainder of the afternoon.

Did not see this coming...at all. It's one thing to win vs a team that's won 9 straight, quite another to whip them so badly that they bench their starter at halftime.

Great job.

Keep it going.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 am

Great points, Zorn - all but the las one. Palmer was no more benched in the 2nd 1/2 than Wilson was in the 4th. By then, they new the score in Carolina and they need Palmer to win. He didn't have a great day, but his ass was in a ball cap to protect him...nothing more.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:29 am

I hear ya - but Arians is also the kind of coach that really wanted to make a statement today.

Cards knew going in that they'd likely remain #2 seed. The odds of the Buccs winning in Carolina to begin with were slim to none.

Had this game been competitive at the half, I think he definitely leaves Palmer and his #1 guys in. They were gonna be off for two weeks regardless, and the last thing he wanted was for them to limp to the regular season finish line.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:22 am

Do you believe GB can beat Washington Monkey? I do, and honestly I don't think it will be close. That by my count leaves a single game for them, one against a team that admittedly embarrassed them just a couple weeks before. That being said, if GB can find any semblance of protection, I do see GB being able to win a shootout with Arizona in the desert. Personally, I find Arizona's pass defense unimpressive, which should Seattle TCB would match them up in GB.

Please don't confuse my prognostication with "respect" for GB, it isn't ( hence the "dismantling" thing) it is merely an observation. Palmer has never won a playoff game, nor has Arians as a head coach, in fact very few Cardinals have really Any experience in the post season. IMHO the "best" team in the NFC not named Seattle is Carolina, and in order for Seattle to vie for a third straight SB they have to go through Carolina. I merely looked at the other path, and came to the conclusion that experience trumps non experience more often than not in the postseason, though youth can and does occasionally win out( thing is though, the Cards aren't "young") that said, I agree with "over rated", but IMHO UNTIL the Cards actually make some noise in the post season, I'm simply not believing them in any way shape and form.... If Seattle faces Arizona in the NFCCG fine, I don't fret what "might" be like others, but I haven't been all that impressed by Arizona ( at least not more than Carolina). They are BOTH vulnerable.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum