Arians Lied

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Arians Lied

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:15 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... k-17-plans

Apparently this is his excuse for getting beat 30-6 in one half with all his starters in against a depleted Seahawks roster.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Arians Lied

Postby burrrton » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 am

Yes, Bruce, I'm sure you'd have still pulled Palmer at halftime if HFA was still in the cards (<--ar ar).

He can say what he wants- we weren't playing for sht, either.

I don't think a rematch would necessarily go the same way, but everyone saw who the better team was that day. It just depends whether *we* show up.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:18 am

I think that the fact that Carolina was ahead 24-3 at halftime had something to do with Arians throwing in the towel early.

Arians has a habit of saying stupid things in the pregame press. Last year, he said that our regular season game with them in December was the most important regular season game in the history of the Cardinals franchise. That statement looked pretty silly after we got through beetch slapping them. But he did make the smart decision to pull Palmer in the second half.

We were clearly the better team on Sunday and I don't think the fact that it subsequently turned out to be insignificant in its implications was a factor in the result.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:22 am

I cannot stand Joe Buck or Troy Aikman but I had to say...before halftime they show a beaming backslapping Carroll and pan to Arians then Buck remarks the other coaches face is the same color as his hat. LMAO.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:30 am

I think that the fact that Carolina was ahead 24-3 at halftime had something to do with Arians throwing in the towel early.

In addition to being down 30-6 themselves, it had *everything* to do with it, methinks.

The point is they clearly had something important to play for**, and it was the circumstances, not some pre-game decision, that led to pulling Palmer.

Again, though, they *did* appear uncharacteristically flat, but I think that's more because we were playing at light speed.

**It's worth noting that we didn't have anything on the line, either, except washing the taste of the Rams game out of our mouths.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 pm

burrrton wrote:"I think that the fact that Carolina was ahead 24-3 at halftime had something to do with Arians throwing in the towel early."

In addition to being down 30-6 themselves, it had *everything* to do with it, methinks.

The point is they clearly had something important to play for**, and it was the circumstances, not some pre-game decision, that led to pulling Palmer.

Again, though, they *did* appear uncharacteristically flat, but I think that's more because we were playing at light speed.

**It's worth noting that we didn't have anything on the line, either, except washing the taste of the Rams game out of our mouths.

Yuppers. I actually thought we'd pull Russell earlier than we did, but I guess Pete wanted him to get his 4,000 yard season. Arians made the right decision, he just didn't figure on getting his arse whipped so bad that playing an injury prone quarterback in the 3rd quarter would look insanely stupid.

Even though he's full of more chit than a Christmas goose, I sort of like Bruce Airans. I certainly like him a lot more than I liked Hairball.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:47 pm

You cant read anything into it though. They will be a lot tougher next time, and this game will be their motivation.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:38 pm

obiken wrote:You cant read anything into it though. They will be a lot tougher next time, and this game will be their motivation.

I love you Obi LOL you're chicken little.

Maybe they will be tougher, but I think not. Palmer has been as much lucky as good in every win vs Seattle.The only game Russ ever lost in their building was his first NFL start and even then he was on their 10 with 4 tries into the end zone to beat them. A couple were bad throws and a couple were dropped. 13 we pounded them with Palmer. He somehow won in Seattle with one great scramble and throw to beat Maxi but we picked him FOUR times. I was at the game in Seattle this Nov. The Hawks had 9 flags by halftime, mostly bullshart. Russ was off. Lynch was stymied. Down 19-0 the hawks stormed back to take the lead. Palmer folded under pressure turning the ball over several times. In the end it was a running back beating Frank Clark that salted it away. I think the Hawks were more Po'd about that loss than any and it showed in their near perfection in the first half last Sunday.
If Seattle does the work of getting back there which will be winning in 0 degree temperatures and then knocking off the 1 seed I think they will waste the opportunity vs AZ like NOT!!!!!!!!!.

I'm not sure AZ would score. After 2 rugged weather games the Hawks would be inside in the climate control in a place they've been an emphatic 3-0 the last 3 seasons.
I'm way more worried about the next 2.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:37 pm

So if a lier lies when do you trust what he says? That must give his team confidence next time the hawks face the cards in the locker room when he says 'we can beat these guys'
Last edited by EmeraldBullet on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Convenient...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:56 am

I love you Obi LOL you're chicken little.

Maybe they will be tougher, but I think not. Palmer has been as much lucky as good in every win vs Seattle.The only game Russ ever lost in their building was his first NFL start and even then he was on their 10 with 4 tries into the end zone to beat them. A couple were bad throws and a couple were dropped. 13 we pounded them with Palmer. He somehow won in Seattle with one great scramble and throw to beat Maxi but we picked him FOUR times. I was at the game in Seattle this Nov. The Hawks had 9 flags by halftime, mostly bullshart. Russ was off. Lynch was stymied. Down 19-0 the hawks stormed back to take the lead. Palmer folded under pressure turning the ball over several times. In the end it was a running back beating Frank Clark that salted it away. I think the Hawks were more Po'd about that loss than any and it showed in their near perfection in the first half last Sunday.
If Seattle does the work of getting back there which will be winning in 0 degree temperatures and then knocking off the 1 seed I think they will waste the opportunity vs AZ like NOT!!!!!!!!!.

I'm not sure AZ would score. After 2 rugged weather games the Hawks would be inside in the climate control in a place they've been an emphatic 3-0 the last 3 seasons.
I'm way more worried about the next 2.

Hey Trent Dilfer said today that he loves the Hawks but winning 3 Playoffs games on the road is real tough not that they cannot do it. They have to get to Zona first, then you and Human can put it in the bag!
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:59 am

Well that's it then. If Dilfer agrees with you we're doomed.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:52 am

I just saying C-Bob, that I am not alone and out to lunch, and its starting piss me off on this site that's how I'm being treated. That's why the regular season matters, is so you can get home field and get a weeks rest. How may WC teams have won the SB? 6 out of 38 since the WC was put in. I think we have a great chance to win 2 of those, but you are going to EST zone for 2 of them, and what is our record doing that?
With out examining doubt there is no true faith. I am in a lose lose here, If we lose do I have to the right to say to Human I told you so I told you so nanner nanner nanner? No, he would just say the clock is right twice a day.

BTW, C-bob, Our future is bright! we have a great secondary, QB, owner, coach, and GM. IF we can reload through the draft, to limit the poaching that is going to happen, then we will be fine for at least 5-6 years. In that time If we don't win at least 2 SB's, even Dr. Doom here will be shocked. We are all along ways away from the days where you and I fought over Draft choices that even if I would have gotten my way, we would have still lost.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:22 am

obiken wrote:I just saying C-Bob, that I am not alone and out to lunch, and its starting piss me off on this site that's how I'm being treated. That's why the regular season matters, is so you can get home field and get a weeks rest. How may WC teams have won the SB? 6 out of 38 since the WC was put in. I think we have a great chance to win 2 of those, but you are going to EST zone for 2 of them, and what is our record doing that?
With out examining doubt there is no true faith. I am in a lose lose here, If we lose do I have to the right to say to Human I told you so I told you so nanner nanner nanner? No, he would just say the clock is right twice a day.

BTW, C-bob, Our future is bright! we have a great secondary, QB, owner, coach, and GM. IF we can reload through the draft, to limit the poaching that is going to happen, then we will be fine for at least 5-6 years. In that time If we don't win at least 2 SB's, even Dr. Doom here will be shocked. We are all along ways away from the days where you and I fought over Draft choices that even if I would have gotten my way, we would have still lost.

You are a lot like me in many regards, obi, in that we both have held minority opinions, at least on this board. Believe me, I know the feeling. All I can say is that you need to develop a thick skin. So far, I haven't seen anything on here that would constitute harassment. It's a pretty clean board as far as stuff like that goes. Do you remember how much crap I took over on the Husky forum on the old PI site? I kept trying to tell those purple bloods that Jake Locker was over rated and would bust in the NFL. I might as well have called their wives and daughters whores.

Don't be like Anthony and put your tail between your legs and run... which btw, Anthony is alive and well over at .Net....Stick up for what you believe in but don't be afraid to listen to logic and reason.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:18 am

I just saying C-Bob, that I am not alone and out to lunch, and its starting piss me off on this site that's how I'm being treated.

Oh for pete's sake, obi- get over it. You state your predictions, usually dire, as facts ("There is no way in hell we beat them", etc) so quit crying about getting some push back. You're a grown man.

How may WC teams have won the SB? 6 out of 38 since the WC was put in.

The extra game and playing on the road do make it harder, but not as hard as that percentage indicates. Know why? Because WC teams generally aren't as good.

It should be obvious that the quality of your team plays a much bigger role than the rest, and we're in pretty good shape in that regard.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Let's put it on perspective. 1/4 ( actually higher) SuperBowls have had at least one WC team participating, and I would venture a guess that of those 10 teams, NONE of them boasted the top defensive ( points allowed) or teams with BOTH top five offensive and defensive team. Hell, there's only TWO teams in the entire playoff field that can boast that at all.

Having to go on the road makes out obviously more difficult, but it's nowhere NEAR impossible. If Seattle plays its A game for three weeks, it's in the SB period, if they do it for 4, they win another title. It isn't complicated, or difficult. Seattle has enough talent to beat any team, anywhere, anytime. Doesn't mean they "will", it means they "can" it's up to them if they do...

Anyone claiming they have "no chance" hasn't been watching.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Oh no they have a very good chance, 3 games and then rest! Its just going to be a lot tougher, this year.
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum