The Beast is Back In Town

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Beast is Back In Town

Postby savvyman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Spread the word around.....Guess who is back in town:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article53385985.html

When you read this article, it makes you think twice about the general belief now that this is MArshawn's last season with the Hawks (because of salary cap) - It is obvious that he is the most popular and inspirational member of the team. This is an impactful intangible that is worth millions of dollars in an NFL contract.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: The Beast is Back In Town

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:18 am

I wonder if we should play him Savy, sub zero weather and we got other big backs that we can use. Cold weather is going to reek havoc on his back and stomach. I would hold him out for the Panther game. Any cold weather game big backs dominate. Mercein and Anderson in the 67 Ice Bowl. Alexander and Pete Johnston, in the AFC title game, where the wind chill was -59! We save him for balmy Carolina, I think.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Peterson just said on ESPN that Marshawn is the 2nd best RB in the league. Geez lets give the Hawks some BB material!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:11 pm

AP was a scratch from Minnys practice today with a back thing and was held well under 100 yds last week as well. As for Lynch he will be so fresh in his legs, back, shoulders, brain, everywhere hes been beat to death by this time most years. Couple that with the potential contributions from Cmike and Brown, Tukuafu and this could truly be a terrifying ground and pound stable of backs just in time for the playoffs.And then of course Wilson can hang 100 plus on anyone anytime.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Hawktawk wrote:AP was a scratch from Minnys practice today with a back thing and was held well under 100 yds last week as well. As for Lynch he will be so fresh in his legs, back, shoulders, brain, everywhere hes been beat to death by this time most years. Couple that with the potential contributions from Cmike and Brown, Tukuafu and this could truly be a terrifying ground and pound stable of backs just in time for the playoffs.And then of course Wilson can hang 100 plus on anyone anytime.

I can't wait to see 24 touch the ball for the first time. I'm hoping for the burst of Rawls and the best of the Beast. I also hope he's fully healed up and isn't rushing back.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:55 pm

obiken wrote:I wonder if we should play him Savy, sub zero weather and we got other big backs that we can use. Cold weather is going to reek havoc on his back and stomach. I would hold him out for the Panther game. Any cold weather game big backs dominate. Mercein and Anderson in the 67 Ice Bowl. Alexander and Pete Johnston, in the AFC title game, where the wind chill was -59! We save him for balmy Carolina, I think.

Good news is that Pete and John's personnel decisions are pretty much Golden and you and I do not need to monitor their decision about Lynch. Their past results show that whatever they decide it is the right decision.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:11 am

Copy that, but if he gets hurt I am holding you responsible. :) :D
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:46 am

obiken wrote:Copy that, but if he gets hurt I am holding you responsible. :) :D

Obi!!!!!!!!!YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!!its single elimination.You take no game for granted, least of all on the road vs the NFC north champions.
Throw the 38-7 out the window, it motivates them I'm sure.They are confident and Zimmer is a hell of a coach. The weather is awful and certainly will do some things to affect the game.

Regular season is over buddy. Vikes are going to show up. Better not leave any bullets in the chamber. The worst thing that could happen with Lynch is he gets hurt. Were were 6-1 without him and setting offensive records.....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:18 am

Lets just hope Bevell does not revert to what he gets off on. Run, run, bubble screen, punt. he may get tempted as its an addiction.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:21 am

My trepidation about this game is summed up pretty well in this "He said/She said" article:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/oregonsportsn ... vikings-2/

"Even though I’ve lost track of the number of times in the past week that I’ve read or heard “the Seahawks are the most dangerous team in football,” I can’t quite shake the memory of their week 16 clunker against the Rams. That game served as a poignant reminder that Seattle would have won nearly every game that wound up in their “L” column this year — had it not been for all the costly mistakes and stupid penalties (on both offense and defense) that sabotaged them.

And therein lies the rub: Which Seattle team will we see this Sunday? The red-hot squad that won five straight and saw Russell Wilson catapult to elite QB status? Or the mistake-prone team that dominated the season’s first half and reared its ugly head again two weeks ago?"
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:42 am

burrrton wrote:My trepidation about this game is summed up pretty well in this "He said/She said" article:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/oregonsportsn ... vikings-2/

"Even though I’ve lost track of the number of times in the past week that I’ve read or heard “the Seahawks are the most dangerous team in football,” I can’t quite shake the memory of their week 16 clunker against the Rams. That game served as a poignant reminder that Seattle would have won nearly every game that wound up in their “L” column this year — had it not been for all the costly mistakes and stupid penalties (on both offense and defense) that sabotaged them.

And therein lies the rub: Which Seattle team will we see this Sunday? The red-hot squad that won five straight and saw Russell Wilson catapult to elite QB status? Or the mistake-prone team that dominated the season’s first half and reared its ugly head again two weeks ago?"

I'm always nervous about which team shows up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Vikings were down 3 starters on defense when we faced them 6 weeks ago. In our first game against them, getting ahead early was critical in taking Adrian Peterson out of the game.

Knowing that we walloped them 6 weeks earlier doesn't give me any more comfort than I felt before going into the first game when the Vikings were more of a mystery. Quite the contrary, it's darn tough to beat the same team twice in the same season, which is one of the reasons why I think we beat the Panthers next week if we can get past the Vikings this week.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:02 pm

RiverDog wrote:
I'm always nervous about which team shows up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Vikings were down 3 starters on defense when we faced them 6 weeks ago. In our first game against them, getting ahead early was critical in taking Adrian Peterson out of the game.

Knowing that we walloped them 6 weeks earlier doesn't give me any more comfort than I felt before going into the first game when the Vikings were more of a mystery. Quite the contrary, it's darn tough to beat the same team twice in the same season, which is one of the reasons why I think we beat the Panthers next week if we can get past the Vikings this week.

I am not necessarily nervous about who shows up, but at this point any game makes me a bit nervous. Single elimination, any given Sunday, etc... Also history is full of teams blowing out a team during the regular season only to lose to that team in the playoffs. Heck we lost to Chicago like 40-0 one year and then lost to them in OT in the playoffs that same season, should have won it in regulation. I agree with almost everything here. All things considered it is much less likely that we get up 2 or 3 scores early: their 3 defensive studs out last game is the equivalent of us being without KJ, Mebane, and Kam. Freezing weather almost always leads to a lower scoring game. Also, IMO, the Lynch factor. I would love to think he is just going to plug in and we are going to be a better offense, but I don't know that for sure. All of that, like RD mentioned, is going to probably mean they are going to be able to stick with AP deeper into the game and the more opportunities he has the more likely he is to break a big run. Obviously our best chance is to put this game in Bridgewater's white gloved hands but to do that we need to make them one dimensional and to do that we need to get up early.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:50 am

mykc14 wrote:I am not necessarily nervous about who shows up, but at this point any game makes me a bit nervous. Single elimination, any given Sunday, etc... Also history is full of teams blowing out a team during the regular season only to lose to that team in the playoffs. Heck we lost to Chicago like 40-0 one year and then lost to them in OT in the playoffs that same season, should have won it in regulation. I agree with almost everything here. All things considered it is much less likely that we get up 2 or 3 scores early: their 3 defensive studs out last game is the equivalent of us being without KJ, Mebane, and Kam. Freezing weather almost always leads to a lower scoring game. Also, IMO, the Lynch factor. I would love to think he is just going to plug in and we are going to be a better offense, but I don't know that for sure. All of that, like RD mentioned, is going to probably mean they are going to be able to stick with AP deeper into the game and the more opportunities he has the more likely he is to break a big run. Obviously our best chance is to put this game in Bridgewater's white gloved hands but to do that we need to make them one dimensional and to do that we need to get up early.

I had to do a couple of double takes between your post and mine as I swore I said a lot of the same things you've said.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:56 am

RiverDog wrote:
I had to do a couple of double takes between your post and mine as I swore I said a lot of the same things you've said.

Lol, yeah I basically took what you said and added some more words. The only real difference is I'm not worried about which team shows up, as I don't see this as a bi-polar team. I'm just worried about any playoff game in general.
mykc14
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum