Playoff Prediction Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Playoff Prediction Thread

Postby obiken » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Sorry C-Bob, it was 1 am this morning!
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:54 am

No worries man, I understood, just helping our Hawkstar as it looked like he may not have.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:28 am

c_hawkbob wrote:No worries man, I understood, just helping our Hawkstar as it looked like he may not have.

I got it... just had to re-read a couple of times. I loved it at first! Anyone predicting the Brady Bunch losing by double digits is a hero in my book ~ I was hoping Obi had some intel to support a beat down that the rest of us didnt. :D

Go Chiefs! (that felt weird... something I've never thought, typed or said)
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:05 am

I got it... just had to re-read a couple of times. I loved it at first! Anyone predicting the Brady Bunch losing by double digits is a hero in my book ~ I was hoping Obi had some Intel to support a beat down that the rest of us didn't. :D

Go Chiefs! (that felt weird... something I've never thought, typed or said)

Last week was easy for me. If you realize that the Skins and the Texans were just horrible, and didn't really belong in the playoffs. That on defense and offense respectfully, were a +26 and a +9. The rest of the playoff teams are over a +100. They were going down regardless. Some fans in here that I think predict better than I, left me scratching my head picking those two. Then it left 50/50. Hawks I thought would do way better, but they still won thanks to the greatest shank of the century.
The only game left was the Bengal game. I just felt that that Benny would get it done over AJ. If Dalton would have been at 100%, I think it would have been Bengals by 14 or more.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 am

PREDICTION:

All Home Teams fall again this weekend, and the next,and the next.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm sticking with my Seahawks Chiefs superbowl prediction.

Chiefs > Broncos in AFC
Seahawks > Cards in battle of the birds for NFC
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 pm

Denver 27 - Pitt 17 ~ Of course a lot depends on Big Ben being able to throw the ball down field.
NE 31 - KC 14 ~ Awesome turnaround by the Chiefs, but the Brady Bunch at home is to much for the Smit to deal with.
AZ 34 - GB 21 ~ GB D can't contain Palmer and Crew
SEA 27 - CAR 17 - Kryptonite.

My scores may be a bit different, but the results I agree with.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Ok time to predict:

Den 16 Pittsburgh 19 ( with a remotely decent Rothlisberger)
Den 20 Pittsburgh 13 ( without a remotely decent Rothlisberger)

Truth is, if Ben can't throw the ball with accuracy beyond 10 yards Pittsburgh doesn't stand a chance, if he can I think they pull this one out by the skin of their teeth. Truthfully, Manning can't, hence they must run the ball, Pittsburgh is horrible in pass defense, but solid in run defense and has the athletes to make Mannings day horrible...

I'll take Pittsburgh only because Rothlisberger may be the toughest SOB I have seen play the position.

Rothlisberger 19 of 39 234 2 Tds 1 int

Manning 20 of 32 1 td 3 fumbles

Cards 31 GB 34 ( OT)

Should be a fun game. In their last meeting the Cards returned two fumbles for scores, Johnson had a field day, but many seem to have forgotten that Palmer wasn't successful, and the Cards have lost three important pieces since that game on defense. ( two lineman and their top DB) Rodgers finds just enough time, the defense slows the run game down just enough and squeaks away with the W.

NE 24 KC 23

Brady finds a way to do it again in the fourth quarter, after being manhandled all game by the KC defense, he leads two long scoring drives in the 4th quarter and they hit the winning FG with less than a minute on the clock. Smith can't get the ball down the field and the Chiefs don't even really threaten for the win..

Seattle 36 Carolina 16

Wilson has a field day picking on the banged up Panther secondary. Lockett has a "coming out" party to the tune of 168 and 2 TDs. Cam finds it difficult to find any time in the pocket and their offense flounders for most of the day. Irvin chips in 2 1/2 sacks as well as a stripped fumble returned for a TD.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:05 pm

We'll be in playoff heaven if it works out that way, HC.

I feel good about tomorrow as it is.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Honestly, as I said last week, don't care in the least of I get all the picks right, or only one ( so long as it's the RIGHT one) and could give two shakes about the score as long as when the final whistle blows Seattle has ONE more point than Carolina. 3-2 or 59 -58 works for me so long as Seattle has the bigger score.

( though I am obviously hoping out doesn't work out that way again).

Feel pretty solid, it will either be an AWESOME Birthday or a HORRIBLE one for the old Roach.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 am

We all know how the NFL is different week to week, any given Sunday, etc.

But, boy, Az didn't look so hot, to say the least. Barely squeaked by a Packer team that did come to play, but one they should've been able to handle a bit easier than they did.

First things first - we need to do whatever it takes to win tomorrow. If we get the W, I like our chances a lot in AZ.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:43 am

Bummer called the OT but not the outcome...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:04 am

It wasn't that close the Packers were lucky it went to OT. Fitzgerald looks just awesome!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:04 am

Palmer looked horrible as he usually does under pressure. They are lucky to win. The better team went home.Fitz was the difference, taking over the game and I have to love that guy.

Still though, IF Seattle gets it done today they are going to their third straight Super Bowl.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Well never mind.

Az vs Car
I love Fitz and IM so rooting Cardinals but I dont trust Palmer in this big moment. He looked pretty bad vs a much worse defense at home. Gotta pic Car 24-17
Den vs NE
I'm not the biggest Peyton fan but I am today. That being said he doesn't have the juice to drive the ball deep or to the deep out and so it will take a monster effort by the backs unless Charlie made it to town.
Its a tough one honestly that Denver D is something but I am going with the hated Patriots 21-15.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:19 pm

I know the 1st game is in the 3rd quarter but it's verifiable on the Yahoo picks thing that I got Denver and Carolina today.

But I do hope to be wrong on the second game, for the love of Fitz.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Eh, hit Palmer and they fold, just like I pointed out a month ago. Not in the least surprised, last week was the NFCCG, this week was a formality..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Human, you beat the snot out of me on that one. I thought the Cards were THE team. Wrong.
I think the Panthers will be the odds on faves.

OBTW I would have picked the Pats and the Cards. After my 100% beginning I tanked!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:24 am

I had Broncos and Cards.
I also would've like to see Fitzgerald get a shot at a ring.

Easily, one of the classiest guys in the NFL.
Zorn76
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum