Beast Questionable; He Did Not Board Bus

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Beast Questionable; He Did Not Board Bus

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:15 pm

I listened to the conversation with Pete, Brock and Salk. I did not hear a coach who was miffed or throwing Marshawn in front of a bus or anything. He simply said that he had been practicing, he looked like a go, he DID have some communication with trainers about not feeling comfortable, but everyone still believed that he was a go until Lynch told Pete that he wasn't ready. Pete described that it was Marshawn's first surgery and he simply did not have the confidence that he could go out and play in Beast Mode.

I never got from that interview that Marshawn intended to stick it to the team and I never got it that Pete was anything other than a TOTAL PRO about it.

I also listened to Brock and Salk talk about yesterday's interview today. They seemed to be reacting to some fan reaction that Pete was miffed or irritated. They said that it wasn't like that. One needed to be in shared space with Pete to see that he was smiling and just trying to explain to the media (for the umpteenth time) what the situation is with Marshawn. I would imagine, however, that it would be exhausting to deal with the public and media's perceptions, guesses, hunches re: Marshawn's personality, communication style, injury, and other stuff. They have a way of dealing with things in-house (like most clubs do) and Marshawn and all that he brings (good, bad and the ugly) comes at a cost to the organization. But...to answer the more immediate question - no, Pete was not publicly miffed with Marshawn.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:19 pm

I see things the same way as HawkSista.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Why thank you.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I listened to the conversation with Pete, Brock and Salk. I did not hear a coach who was miffed or throwing Marshawn in front of a bus or anything. He simply said that he had been practicing, he looked like a go, he DID have some communication with trainers about not feeling comfortable, but everyone still believed that he was a go until Lynch told Pete that he wasn't ready. Pete described that it was Marshawn's first surgery and he simply did not have the confidence that he could go out and play in Beast Mode.

I never got from that interview that Marshawn intended to stick it to the team and I never got it that Pete was anything other than a TOTAL PRO about it.

I also listened to Brock and Salk talk about yesterday's interview today. They seemed to be reacting to some fan reaction that Pete was miffed or irritated. They said that it wasn't like that. One needed to be in shared space with Pete to see that he was smiling and just trying to explain to the media (for the umpteenth time) what the situation is with Marshawn. I would imagine, however, that it would be exhausting to deal with the public and media's perceptions, guesses, hunches re: Marshawn's personality, communication style, injury, and other stuff. They have a way of dealing with things in-house (like most clubs do) and Marshawn and all that he brings (good, bad and the ugly) comes at a cost to the organization. But...to answer the more immediate question - no, Pete was not publicly miffed with Marshawn.

Sista its all well and good. Pete had a couple of days to think it over and has his feet under him now.. But he was as terse and clipped as Ive ever seen him the first couple of times he addressed it. My bottom line Lynch should have gone with his team whatever he thought his problem was. Hopefully its all good and he goes for 200 vs Carolina but I'm not holding my breath after this super weird episode.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I don't disagree that it was weird, and I don't disagree that Pete is human and undoubtedly frustrated. I've heard every interview and I just interpret what he is saying and how he is saying it differently than you do. Who knows, maybe when Beast Mode leaves, we will all hear the horror stories of him being Percy Harvin-like. I don't think so though. I think he is just a strange cat who feels more comfortable in his old neighborhood than anywhere else. As he has increased in popularity, he has narrowed who he speaks with to protect himself.

Could it be as simple as Lynch, who had surgery 7 weeks ago, just does not feel like he could take a hit in the abdomen just yet? That he worked out hard and tried and the day they were set to leave just felt like he could not be effective? That what it takes to succeed the way he does takes immense core strength and that it's just not quite right?

What complicates it is him wearing Kam's jersey, the "rumors" that some in the locker room felt like RW wasn't black enough and all of those other stories. We know that 53 dudes with 53 different personalities would be a challenge to manage under the best of circumstances. Add in a locker room that is in continuous flux due to injuries and competition (see Jimmy Graham and Cary Williams), a media hell bent and determined to create a story, an enormous pressure to win and you get what you get. I love how generous Pete is with his players and coaches; he allows them to be themselves with the belief that this very way of being will result in winning.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Could it be as simple as Lynch, who had surgery 7 weeks ago, just does not feel like he could take a hit in the abdomen just yet? That he worked out hard and tried and the day they were set to leave just felt like he could not be effective? That what it takes to succeed the way he does takes immense core strength and that it's just not quite right?

This exactly. If he wasn't 100% ready and gets hit the wrong way, he could suffer a lifetime injury. I can't wait for him to be back, and I hope it's this season, but this isn't something you can rush.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I don't disagree that it was weird, and I don't disagree that Pete is human and undoubtedly frustrated. I've heard every interview and I just interpret what he is saying and how he is saying it differently than you do. Who knows, maybe when Beast Mode leaves, we will all hear the horror stories of him being Percy Harvin-like. I don't think so though. I think he is just a strange cat who feels more comfortable in his old neighborhood than anywhere else. As he has increased in popularity, he has narrowed who he speaks with to protect himself.

Could it be as simple as Lynch, who had surgery 7 weeks ago, just does not feel like he could take a hit in the abdomen just yet? That he worked out hard and tried and the day they were set to leave just felt like he could not be effective? That what it takes to succeed the way he does takes immense core strength and that it's just not quite right?

What complicates it is him wearing Kam's jersey, the "rumors" that some in the locker room felt like RW wasn't black enough and all of those other stories. We know that 53 dudes with 53 different personalities would be a challenge to manage under the best of circumstances. Add in a locker room that is in continuous flux due to injuries and competition (see Jimmy Graham and Cary Williams), a media hell bent and determined to create a story, an enormous pressure to win and you get what you get. I love how generous Pete is with his players and coaches; he allows them to be themselves with the belief that this very way of being will result in winning.

Pete's a pretty good poker player. Do you remember how he handled questions about Harvin's return from his injury or Harvin's not playing in the Dallas game last season? He had us all hoodwinked.

Could it be possible that it's simply that Lynch isn't ready to take a hit? Of course, it is. And your exactly right about the media pressure, the Kam's jersey stuff, the supposedly near refusal to board the bus last year when Harvin got traded, Mamma Lynch demanding that Bevell be fired, and so on, and so on. All of that smoke, in addition to the smoke created in last Friday's sudden "tweak" is just too much for a rational thinking person to ignore and raises some very reasonable, fact based suspicions.

With Lynch, there's always something, whether it's his fight with the league about not talking, his crotch grabs, his dui charge, something. Not always bad and not always wrong, but there's always something about his behavior to cause one to raise their eyebrows and wonder what's going on inside his head. Like I said, he's as eccentric of an individual that I've ever seen. I'll be damned if I can figure him out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:21 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Pete's a pretty good poker player. Do you remember how he handled questions about Harvin's return from his injury or Harvin's not playing in the Dallas game last season? He had us all hoodwinked.

Could it be possible that it's simply that Lynch isn't ready to take a hit? Of course, it is. And your exactly right about the media pressure, the Kam's jersey stuff, the supposedly near refusal to board the bus last year when Harvin got traded, Mamma Lynch demanding that Bevell be fired, and so on, and so on. All of that smoke, in addition to the smoke created in last Friday's sudden "tweak" is just too much for a rational thinking person to ignore and raises some very reasonable, fact based suspicions.

With Lynch, there's always something, whether it's his fight with the league about not talking, his crotch grabs, his dui charge, something. Not always bad and not always wrong, but there's always something about his behavior to cause one to raise their eyebrows and wonder what's going on inside his head. Like I said, he's as eccentric of an individual that I've ever seen. I'll be damned if I can figure him out.

Thats all the gospel truth RD. Honestly hes been a model citizen compared to Buffalo. But hes been lucky too. So have the Seahawks and all the 12s. Its worked out incredibly well overall. But this year has been a bust. Before he was injured he was mediocre with his lowest YPC of his career. And then spending 7 weeks in soCal doing his thing his way with his rehab. Carroll is a poker player but his comment a couple of weeks after Lynches surgery that he was "at large" speaks louder now. Cables comments about Lynch having to "adjust to us" is also memorable in hindsight. I love Beast Mode and I always will but there is no way the man took first team reps all week and let Pete go to the podium and proclaim him ready repeatedly knowing he wasn't ready.That man has played with contusions on his stomach more painful that an 8 week old hernia procedure, I'm certain of it. He plays with a bad back every week. Theres something more to this but the fact is that whether its mentally or physically a challenge you got to show up for your team.

The dude had an episode, a figurative crotch grab to Carroll and the Hawks. He has a week to redeem himself so we will see but its a horrible look right now.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 pm

At HT. You ever have a surgery before? You ever try to rush your recovery to help your pro football team? Of coarse this is a first. Let him recover for Christ sake. Sheesh...

Like you said, he plays with contusions and such, give him the benefit of the doubt. This is a new situation and I'm certain he will be back when he is able.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:58 am

Honestly, me thinks bits and pieces of all of it are part true or possibly true. He flipped off the sideline during a game. Was he being playful? Hmmmmm. Maybe; probably not. He's a complicated beast (pun intended). As many of you know, I'm a parks director. The club where Marshawn got his start (& where he continues to give resource$$$$) is a lot like where I work. There have been drive by shootings in my parking lot, for example. A family of 4 kids rode up on one bike w/ the little squirt being barely 3. I'm not trying to be dr. Phil here but I do think Marshawn is like the rest of us..... The sum total of all of his experiences. He loathes authority but he'd give a person in need the shirt off his back (or $500 bucks).

Where he comes from, there is no gray. "You wid me o you against me." I'll bet he likely thinks of Pete as a weirdo and that RW is actually too white. I've actually heard that comment a lot. Someone once said to me (I feel embarrassingly Compelled to say they were (RIP - John) African American) of a new black colleague....."he's blacker than my shoe polish on the outside, and he's whiter than your ass in January on the inside with all his sweaters, ties and proper speech." I don't think this is how most teammates see each other in Seattle but I can see that Beast Mode might feel that way. And given what he's witnessed, I can understand that. (53 different realities that range from Joe Dirt, to Vinny Barbarino to Ice Cube and Sydney Portier.). Pete has to get Bruce (Once homeless ) on the page w/ Haushka (whose dad makes organic honey from bee & writes poetry. )All this to say it's über complex.

He's been the go to alpha & the reason for offensive success until this season. I think the success of the team in his absence is effin with his ghetto gladiator mentality and the fear of re-injuring himself is as real as the fear of it being over for him.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm gonna love the beast (pisses me off when they use beast mode for some lessor player; there is now and forever shall be one BEAST MODE. I love him, he frusrAtes me, I get him and have compassion for him all at the same time.

All this can be true while he remains a good person trying to manage his big break in life to the best of his ability.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:12 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Honestly, me thinks bits and pieces of all of it are part true or possibly true. He flipped off the sideline during a game. Was he being playful? Hmmmmm. Maybe; probably not. He's a complicated beast (pun intended). As many of you know, I'm a parks director. The club where Marshawn got his start (& where he continues to give resource$$$$) is a lot like where I work. There have been drive by shootings in my parking lot, for example. A family of 4 kids rode up on one bike w/ the little squirt being barely 3. I'm not trying to be dr. Phil here but I do think Marshawn is like the rest of us..... The sum total of all of his experiences. He loathes authority but he'd give a person in need the shirt off his back (or $500 bucks).

Where he comes from, there is no gray. "You wid me o you against me." I'll bet he likely thinks of Pete as a weirdo and that RW is actually too white. I've actually heard that comment a lot. Someone once said to me (I feel embarrassingly Compelled to say they were (RIP - John) African American) of a new black colleague....."he's blacker than my shoe polish on the outside, and he's whiter than your ass in January on the inside with all his sweaters, ties and proper speech." I don't think this is how most teammates see each other in Seattle but I can see that Beast Mode might feel that way. And given what he's witnessed, I can understand that. (53 different realities that range from Joe Dirt, to Vinny Barbarino to Ice Cube and Sydney Portier.). Pete has to get Bruce (Once homeless ) on the page w/ Haushka (whose dad makes organic honey from bee & writes poetry. )All this to say it's über complex.

He's been the go to alpha & the reason for offensive success until this season. I think the success of the team in his absence is effin with his ghetto gladiator mentality and the fear of re-injuring himself is as real as the fear of it being over for him.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm gonna love the beast (pisses me off when they use beast mode for some lessor player; there is now and forever shall be one BEAST MODE. I love him, he frusrAtes me, I get him and have compassion for him all at the same time.

All this can be true while he remains a good person trying to manage his big break in life to the best of his ability.

Spot on HS, worked Corrections for 26 years, I agree. However, the downside is SOME have a self-destruct mode and they can tear up their life's Lottery ticket in a heartbeat. Then they either go back to the hood or they scratch the earth for a living like the rest of us Chickens. I hope he smarter than that.
obiken
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:20 am

There has always been something going on in the locker room for a couple of years. Marshawn 'sided' with Percy over the fight or non-fight and the 'talk' about Russell and who slept with his wife and his 'blackness' and it didn't sit well with the "team" blacks like Doug Baldwin and probably most of the Defensive players who for the most part have disdain for the offense. '
'Look at the comments from Bruce Irvin and how they viewed opponents. Trust me, in a locker where Super Bowls were coming, they will not be happy. Thank goodness we have ET and Kam and Bennett along with Doug. We have strong locker room teammates. IMHO, I doubt Russell has a lot to say in the Locker Room, but on the field, he is the general.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:59 am

jshawaii22 wrote:There has always been something going on in the locker room for a couple of years. Marshawn 'sided' with Percy over the fight or non-fight and the 'talk' about Russell and who slept with his wife and his 'blackness' and it didn't sit well with the "team" blacks like Doug Baldwin and probably most of the Defensive players who for the most part have disdain for the offense. '
'Look at the comments from Bruce Irvin and how they viewed opponents. Trust me, in a locker where Super Bowls were coming, they will not be happy. Thank goodness we have ET and Kam and Bennett along with Doug. We have strong locker room teammates. IMHO, I doubt Russell has a lot to say in the Locker Room, but on the field, he is the general.

What is with the "too white " thing? What's wrong with a neatly dressed well spoken articulate black man who isn't blinged up to the 9s and branded with tats up to his forehead? Its a compliment if you ask me.

As for this disdain for the offense by this defense I am not buying it.There is a love and a trust between all these guys or it wouldn't have gotten nearly this far. And Wilson is the leader off the field, in the locker room, on the practice field, and on the football field. His accomplishments speak for themselves.

This isn't about the defense. It isn't about Baldwin or Wilson. All those guys showed up for the third coldest game in NFL history.

Its about one Marshawn Lynch who may have finally jumped the shark last Friday. His bullshart has been accepted because of his productivity but when that isn't there it will not be tolerated.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:27 am

Hawktawk wrote:What is with the "too white " thing? What's wrong with a neatly dressed well spoken articulate black man who isn't blinged up to the 9s and branded with tats up to his forehead? Its a compliment if you ask me.

Nothing's wrong with it in our opinions. But not everybody thinks like us.

There are bigots in the black community just as there is with whites and other non blacks. It's an ugly face of society, but it is what it is.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 am

Does anyone know if Lynch is taking 1st team reps in practice this week?
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Hawktalk, Russell is who he is, nothing wrong with it... if you're a middle age white football fan... but we aren't dealing with that nor are we talking about how WE as fans perceive Russell and what pedestal we want to put him on.

We're talking about a disconnect in the locker room, which did and may still be happening. And Marshawn was on the other side of the coin.

It's not a personal thing with me. It's just reporting what has come out. Not that all of it is true. I don't know, I wasn't there, but there was so much of it last year, that's it hard to blow off completely and it was never denied.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:56 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Hawktalk, Russell is who he is, nothing wrong with it... if you're a middle age white football fan... but we aren't dealing with that nor are we talking about how WE as fans perceive Russell and what pedestal we want to put him on.

We're talking about a disconnect in the locker room, which did and may still be happening. And Marshawn was on the other side of the coin.

It's not a personal thing with me. It's just reporting what has come out. Not that all of it is true. I don't know, I wasn't there, but there was so much of it last year, that's it hard to blow off completely and it was never denied.

What does my age or race have to do with any of this? Do you have to be a wanna be gangsta thug to get on Marshawn and his homeys good side? Too bad......

We know it was bad last year because the Harvin situation brought it to light.He left and it got better. It all started bad this year too and the low point was AZ in week 10 and lynches Mama and agent ragging on RW while Lynch was being very unimpressive on the field himself.Lynch never spoke up for Russell, never has ever. Since that game the Hawks have gone 7-1 and played some of the best ball of the PC era.RW went to another entire level and rewrote the record books.

So what changed? Lynch had surgery and jetted off to SoCal to rehab his own way and didn't show up for 7 weeks for one. Things seemed a little more cohesive didn't they? Then after his return to the facility and first team reps followed by checking out on Friday with no warning it seemed to affect the offensive rhythm greatly along with the weather.It was far and away Russell worst statistical performance of the second half of the season.

So fine, maybe there are some two camp vestiges left in that locker room but it seems a lot less noticeable in Lynches absence.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Marshawn has served the Hawks well and will always be one of the great Hawks even if he does finish his career in Oakland, San Antonio or wherever. The only people who can say if there is tension in the locker room are the players and they ain't talking. The press will grasp at anything to make a story and most of the time are FOS.
As far as the Panther game I say dance with the one that got you there and Beast wasn't the one this year. If I was Pete I would not count on him playing a major role and would prepare the game plan accordingly. He would be a role player in the game plan at best, but not a major cog. If he can't go, no great loss at this point, just role with what got ya there. May even work better against the Panthers since they have not played the Hawks since Marshawn has been out and Bevell had to open up the offense a little. They can study it on film, but that's not the same as seeing it live.
If Beast deems himself ready to go then we will see what he's got, but on a limited basis.
The NFL and most major sports organizations live in the now, as in what have you done for me lately. This year Marshawn hadn't done much. It's all about that business Boss.

Hopefully Beast is not getting most of the reps this week, one would hope Pete learned a lesson last week.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:Does anyone know if Lynch is taking 1st team reps in practice this week?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... et-it-done

"Will this be the week we finally see Marshawn Lynch back on the field?

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters that Lynch will take part in practice on Wednesday as he continues to work his way back from abdominal surgery. The team later confirmed that Lynch was a full participant in Wednesday's practice.

"We are gonna go day to day," Carroll said. "Day to day is how we'll do this. We'll evaluate the next day and see how it goes. I have a good feeling. He's encouraged to go for it again. We'll see if we can get it done."
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Nailed it Pope.No way should he be featured no matter how he looks this week. Carroll was upbeat but noncommittal. He had a good feeling last week too.....
I said earlier when he does suit up sit his ass on the pine and let him watch someone else, at least for a while. Let him earn his way back on the field after last weeks baloney.
Ive been as big a defender of Beast as most but last Friday is where it all flipped around for me, sorry.I dont trust him and I dont think I'm the only one..
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 pm

If he's the best RB on the team, you start him, not have him ride the pine.
This isn't a pissing contest, it's a one loss and you're out game and it wouldn't go over well if a coach trying to make a point with a player cost the rest a chance at going to the Super Bowl.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:12 am

Can't wait to see this board Sunday night if he rushes for 150 and has 3 TD's in a winning effort.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 am

NorthHawk wrote:If he's the best RB on the team, you start him, not have him ride the pine.
This isn't a pissing contest, it's a one loss and you're out game and it wouldn't go over well if a coach trying to make a point with a player cost the rest a chance at going to the Super Bowl.

If he plays and does well Ill be in here eating my crow like I always do, unlike some. But Lynch has hardly been the "best running back" this season.It isn't about a pissing match.
He's lacked explosiveness, averaged only 3.8 YPC when playing and missed 9 regular season games plus pulled up lame an hr. before the plane left for Minnesota in a crucial playoff game, stunning his teammates and coaches.

Michaels had a hell of an effort in Minn, outplaying AP and putting up 90 yards worth of offense in brutal conditions against a very good defensive team. PC was effusive in praising him both after the game and at his Wed press conference.
He's earned the start. Lynch can come out of the bullpen but designing a lot of the game plan around him would be foolish in my opinion.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:17 am

I wish we had Rawls!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:41 am

If he plays and does well Ill be in here eating my crow like I always do, unlike some. But Lynch has hardly been the "best running back" this season.It isn't about a pissing match.
He's lacked explosiveness, averaged only 3.8 YPC when playing and missed 9 regular season games plus pulled up lame an hr. before the plane left for Minnesota in a crucial playoff game, stunning his teammates and coaches.

Michaels had a hell of an effort in Minn, outplaying AP and putting up 90 yards worth of offense in brutal conditions against a very good defensive team. PC was effusive in praising him both after the game and at his Wed press conference.
He's earned the start. Lynch can come out of the bullpen but designing a lot of the game plan around him would be foolish in my opinion.

You suggested he should ride the pine. That's a petty response and would be a disservice to the rest of the team.
If you want to split the locker room, have him sit out for a while and the team lose. That's the perfect recipe.
You go with your best players at all times in the playoffs. If he's healthy, he should start. It's that simple at this time of year.

He didn't have a good start to the year. How well was the Offense doing then? They were terrible up front as they couldn't pass block and had trouble run blocking. All of the RBs were having trouble getting to the LoS clean on a regular basis.

If you ask if he has lost it, then nobody knows and he might not be sure either, but you can't leave him on the bench and not find out. For all we know, he will be as good as he was 2 years ago with fresh legs.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:37 am

NorthHawk wrote:[

You suggested he should ride the pine. That's a petty response and would be a disservice to the rest of the team.
If you want to split the locker room, have him sit out for a while and the team lose. That's the perfect recipe.
You go with your best players at all times in the playoffs. If he's healthy, he should start. It's that simple at this time of year.

He didn't have a good start to the year. How well was the Offense doing then? They were terrible up front as they couldn't pass block and had trouble run blocking. All of the RBs were having trouble getting to the LoS clean on a regular basis.

If you ask if he has lost it, then nobody knows and he might not be sure either, but you can't leave him on the bench and not find out. For all we know, he will be as good as he was 2 years ago with fresh legs.

The offense sucked the first 9 games but what came first the chicken or the egg? A back plodding along at 3.8 ypc with no explosive plays and only one 100 yard game all season will do that to an offense that relies on an effective run game.. The offensive switch literally flipped when he got on the plane for California, coincidence or not.The team is 7-1 without him. Rawls was twice as good and like it or not Michaels has been better than what Beast was this year. Maybe it was the injury, I don't know but last week was bull.

This change of heart for me is about last Friday. I was as patient as any fan and jacked up about a fresh Beast Mode for the playoffs. But sorry there is no Fing way you do that to your team what he did. I don't trust him anymore.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 am

The OL was one of the worst in the league the first part of the year.
Even upbeat Pete said it had to get fixed - and they made some changes to do so.
Once that got sorted out the RBs were able to get to the holes and rip some big gains.

You don't trust him. So what? You start a player that was cut from 3 teams instead of a former Pro Bowl player and another who was on various practice squads instead, just because you have a vendetta for some reason?
Start the guy who carried the load for the last 4 years and is a proven difference maker and has been so over time.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:15 pm

I think we all know they are going to play the Beast and may even start him if he can or will get on the bus. I still stick with the theory of not preparing a game plan based on Marshawn playing a major role. Rotate him in and see what he's got. If he is fresh, running over people and attacking the LOS then run him as much as needed. It's going to be a running back by committee approach unless Marshawn comes out smokin hot. If that hurts his feelings, then tuff sh*t. If he is ready to go and they feature him and the Hawks win then it's all good. If they don't feature him and the Hawks lose then everybody will have the off season to recover and Marshawn can wear the silver and black last year.

What have you done for me lately---The NFL mantra.

Pope out.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:37 pm

What about if they feature him and lose? Chemistry is a 2 way street. Guys who busted ass on a 7-1 second half run now have to sit down for a guy who didnt even support his team by being on the sidelines like most injured athletes do.
Then he couldn't get on the bus and go freeze with his team in a GD playoff game a week ago?1 hr notice to the coach? You think thats all good in the locker room?

I agree with Pope, if he suits up give him a few carries and see what happens but dont game plan him heavily and dont start him. I dont want to jinx us but I worry about Lynches ball security having not had contact in 2 months going against the #1 ball hawking team in the league..........Bevell says they wont even decide on his status till Friday so we will know the plan one way or another.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Didn't we go through this with Shaun Alexander at the end of his time with the Hawks? Didn't we go through this with just about everyone under the prior management. If we have learned anything from Pete, it's that whomever is playing the BEST AT THIS TIME will be playing in the game.

Marshawn may of been the best going into the year, but seeing him, then Rawls, then Michael, I just don't know anymore if Marshawn still holds the top dog. That is an assumption that is hard to take, but may be reality.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Give Beast as many carries as he can handle, period.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:18 am

I'm kinda in between on this. On the one hand, I agree with North and others that say you play him if he's available. Starting him gives us the best chance of winning this game, and that's what it's all about: Winning games.

But on the other hand, I agree with Hawktalk. I wouldn't trust Lynch with my chewing gum. I think that there's a very good chance that he could pull a Percy, and refuse to go in during a critical situation. He's that unpredictable.

But we have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Play him. I'm not interested in paybacks or teaching anyone a lesson. I want Pete to do whatever he thinks is necessary to win this game. Period. That's all that matters.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:59 am

Zorn76 wrote:Give Beast as many carries as he can handle, period.

Right! I don't think we need Beast to win this game but if he is at 100% he will help, period.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Assuming the Bus left for the flight to Carolina ~ was the Beast on it?
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Hawkstar wrote:Assuming the Bus left for the flight to Carolina ~ was the Beast on it?

I can't paste the link from here, but there's a quote from this morning that he texted messaged an ESPN reporter saying that he's ready, so one would assume that he's on his way to Charlotte.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:00 pm

maybe he meant he's ready to retire? ;-)

I saw that he is listed as probable
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:maybe he meant he's ready to retire? ;-)

I saw that he is listed as probable

Looks like he's ready to play. He sent a text to Mayne. "I'm Ready".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -im-ready/
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Never doubted he would be anything other.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:16 pm

savvyman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Beast watch day 8!!
obiken
Legacy

PreviousNext