Seahawks Vs. Vikings Wild Card Playoff Game

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Seahawks Vs. Vikings Wild Card Playoff Game

Postby Whidbey Island Girl » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:59 am

Since nobody else has opened a thread, I thought I'd be dangerous (since I'm a newbie to this forum AND...oh gosh!...a woman), and open a thread for today's game. First, I do this for EVERY game: I BELIEVE!!!!! I've been doing it for every game; pre-, regular and post-season games for the past three years. I just listened to the media "gods" about their favored picks for the game and, across the board, they picked the the Seattle Seahawks! I'm inclined to agree, since Wilson played cold weather football in college in Wisconsin. I'm not concerned AT ALL the Marshawn didn't play but disappointed he didn't AT LEAST be there to encourage his team mates. Something has definitely changed with him. Oh well, I let that go! It is NOW TIME! SeaHAWKS!!!!!
Whidbey Island Girl
Legacy

Re: Seahawks Vs. Vikings Wild Card Playoff Game

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:31 am

Sorry WIG, I guess savvy got you by a couple of minutes. Do it again next week (we hope)

P.S. Don't forget the "official" tag
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Whidbey Island Girl » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:38 am

Hey! No worries! Just happened to see nothing up there and wondered what would happen if I opened one. Thanks for the reply. I don't have a legacy established here like he or some of the other guys do. That all takes time. I've got bigger fish to fry, elsewhere. Just broadening my horizons a little. Currently, our team is in what I call "size up mode" coupled with adjust to the freakin' cold. It's cold even by the Vikings standards. They'll get it, though. I BELIEVE! Love the heated field technology! That is just mega-awesome! BTW, sorry....another "newbie" faux paux on the 'official.' I'll get that next time!
Whidbey Island Girl
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Whidbey Island Girl wrote:Hey! No worries! Just happened to see nothing up there and wondered what would happen if I opened one. Thanks for the reply. I don't have a legacy established here like he or some of the other guys do. That all takes time. I've got bigger fish to fry, elsewhere. Just broadening my horizons a little. Currently, our team is in what I call "size up mode" coupled with adjust to the freakin' cold. It's cold even by the Vikings standards. They'll get it, though. I BELIEVE! Love the heated field technology! That is just mega-awesome! BTW, sorry....another "newbie" faux paux on the 'official.' I'll get that next time!

Hey - Anyone can open a game thread - I always check first and if no one has opened then I will do this. But feel free to be the one to initiate a game thread anytime.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Whidbey Island Girl wrote:Since nobody else has opened a thread, I thought I'd be dangerous (since I'm a newbie to this forum AND...oh gosh!...a woman), and open a thread for today's game. First, I do this for EVERY game: I BELIEVE!!!!! I've been doing it for every game; pre-, regular and post-season games for the past three years. I just listened to the media "gods" about their favored picks for the game and, across the board, they picked the the Seattle Seahawks! I'm inclined to agree, since Wilson played cold weather football in college in Wisconsin. I'm not concerned AT ALL the Marshawn didn't play but disappointed he didn't AT LEAST be there to encourage his team mates. Something has definitely changed with him. Oh well, I let that go! It is NOW TIME! SeaHAWKS!!!!!

Don't worry about starting threads, WIG. This is a fairly low trafficked forum so there's plenty of room for redundant threads. And don't you dare feel uncomfortable being in a male dominated venue. Ask Sis, we're all gentlemen. :D

Savvy is kinda the traditional game thread author here, which is why most of us waited. But if he's asleep at the keyboard, go for it!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktown » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:48 pm

RiverDog wrote:Savvy is kinda the traditional game thread author here, which is why most of us waited. But if he's asleep at the keyboard, go for it!

Funny because it was about 10 minutes until game time and I was starting to wonder where Savvvy was so much that i though of making a thread just to ask where he was and why he hasn't made the thread yet, lol. Of course I wouldn't really make one like that but he has been pretty consistent in making those and I felt the normality was necessary. :mrgreen:
Hawktown
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:38 pm

I don't have a legacy established here like he or some of the other guys do.

There's no pecking order here, nor any requirement for 'seniority' to say or do whatever you want, WIG. Have at it!
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:18 pm

We aren't a gang, WIG. Jump on in and start a thread any old time. ;-)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:We aren't a gang, WIG. Jump on in and start a thread any old time. ;-)

Ah Hell! Looks like I have to see about returning the satine jackets.....

:lol:
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:00 am

Actually I don't normally participate in the game threads during the game. I'm usually way too focused on the game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Whidbey Island Girl » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:42 am

Guys, I'm not afraid of being in a "guy's" world! I spent my adult life working in a "man's" world (22 years of Naval Service and 3 years in construction). I am, however, a person who respects protocol. Just very polite; never intimidated. Learning the ropes, though! Appreciate the pep 'writes!' Got caught up in the game and was rather at a loss for words there for a while....and then, I was <again> at a loss for words so I did a bunch of whooping and cheering and bell ringing. I have a brass bell hung out next to my front door. It gets rung for every TD (only one this time, dang it) and again, much longer, for the wins! It was noisy there at the conclusion of the game. We're the only true Hawks fan in our neighborhood, here.

Not intimidated! Love your support! Savvy is cool! I thought maybe he was ill or something. Glad he wasn't. That was a crazy game! Will watch the last quarter - again - today! Need to see where I bit the final fingernail off <snicker>.

Catch y'all next game! Carolina, here we come!
Whidbey Island Girl
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:12 am

Whidbey Island Girl wrote:Guys, I'm not afraid of being in a "guy's" world! I spent my adult life working in a "man's" world (22 years of Naval Service and 3 years in construction). I am, however, a person who respects protocol. Just very polite; never intimidated. Learning the ropes, though! Appreciate the pep 'writes!' Got caught up in the game and was rather at a loss for words there for a while....and then, I was <again> at a loss for words so I did a bunch of whooping and cheering and bell ringing. I have a brass bell hung out next to my front door. It gets rung for every TD (only one this time, dang it) and again, much longer, for the wins! It was noisy there at the conclusion of the game. We're the only true Hawks fan in our neighborhood, here.

Not intimidated! Love your support! Savvy is cool! I thought maybe he was ill or something. Glad he wasn't. That was a crazy game! Will watch the last quarter - again - today! Need to see where I bit the final fingernail off <snicker>.

Nice post, WIG.

At my house, rather than a bell being rung when the Hawks hit paydirt, anyone standing within a 1/4 mile can hear this crazy old man screaming "Touchdown!". The snow gets bounced off the roof, the birds fly out of the trees, and the dogs start barking.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Whidbey Island Girl wrote:Guys, I'm not afraid of being in a "guy's" world! I spent my adult life working in a "man's" world (22 years of Naval Service and 3 years in construction). I am, however, a person who respects protocol. Just very polite; never intimidated. Learning the ropes, though! Appreciate the pep 'writes!' Got caught up in the game and was rather at a loss for words there for a while....and then, I was <again> at a loss for words so I did a bunch of whooping and cheering and bell ringing. I have a brass bell hung out next to my front door. It gets rung for every TD (only one this time, dang it) and again, much longer, for the wins! It was noisy there at the conclusion of the game. We're the only true Hawks fan in our neighborhood, here.

Thanks Whidbey Island Girl - And as I would say in the day - Do you have any girlfriends that you would like to invite over here? heh...heh....heh....
savvyman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum