Official Seahawks vs Vikings POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Official Seahawks vs Vikings POST Game Thread

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:47 am

I thought the PI call on Kam was a little ticky tack. Yea, I can see what Kal is saying, but I've seen them let defenders get away with much worse. Sherman's PI was complete horsechit, though.

On another note, I just read where Russell said that he was having a hard time changing plays at the LOS because his mouth was frozen. He attributes that miracle play that started out with the ball being snapped before he was ready to his not being heard by his linemen due to this effect. That's a situation , ie recovering from a really bad start, that Russell excels in more than any quarterback currently playing. It's also why he occasionally runs into sacks or breaks the pocket when he should be stepping up into it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:20 pm

I just realized that the outcome of this game was payback for Hutch! GO HAWKS!
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:07 am

OMGosh are you kidding me? Two months really?
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:37 am

LMAO. I was just thinking about that game the other day. Wide left LMAO.
Ill never forget that game, where I was watching it at, what I was drinking. It was a classic.
And Huck Futch.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:37 am

I admit that 2 months is a long time, but I was reading a book called 100 Things Every Seahawk Fan Should Do & See in Their Lifetime, & there was a piece about Hutch that was really funny. Thats when the thought popped into my head. It was meant as a joke.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Well at least it was the right time of the year for the post. I have a feeling deep down Hutch regrets the decision.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Distant Relative wrote:Well at least it was the right time of the year for the post. I have a feeling deep down Hutch regrets the decision.

I wouldn't be so sure that Hutch regrets his decision. He made a boat loaded of money off of it
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:20 am

That's not relevant, we tried to match the offer. He'd have made the same boatload here.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 am

c_hawkbob wrote:That's not relevant, we tried to match the offer. He'd have made the same boatload here.

Yea, I see your point. The hangup as I recall was the clause that would have required us to make him the highest paid OL on the roster, something that was virtually impossible for us to agree to due to having Big Walt locked up as one of the highest paid OT's in the league. Hutch wanted out. Nevertheless, I wouldn't assume that he regrets his decision. It's not like we went to multiple SB's after he left.

To this day, I still think that ruling was a bunch of horsechit. It's like saying a tight end should be paid on the same scale as a WR or a safety on the same scale as a CB. They are different positions with different values assigned to them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:31 am

RiverDog wrote:
Yea, I see your point. The hangup as I recall was the clause that would have required us to make him the highest paid OL on the roster, something that was virtually impossible for us to agree to due to having Big Walt locked up as one of the highest paid OT's in the league. Hutch wanted out. Nevertheless, I wouldn't assume that he regrets his decision. It's not like we went to multiple SB's after he left.

To this day, I still think that ruling was a bunch of horsechit. It's like saying a tight end should be paid on the same scale as a WR or a safety on the same scale as a CB. They are different positions with different values assigned to them.

Yeah, its hard to say if he really regrets his decision or not. There were multiple reports out there that he wanted to get back to the mid-west. The question is- if he didn't want out why would he sign a contract with a poison pill? Some reports say he didn't realize it was in there when he signed it. I have also heard that he was 'tricked' by his agent. I have heard Holmy talk about it before and he said when he say Hutch the first time after that all went down he looked like he felt bad. We probably won't ever know for sure.

Personally, I still can't understand why the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on that one. It really could have opened a Pandora's box. Basically, IIRC, he signed a 7 year $49 million contract that became fully guaranteed if he didn't have the highest cap hit of lineman at the time it was signed. The Hawks actually re-negotiated with Jones, before the arbitration, lowering his cap hit but the arbitrator still ruled in favor of the Vikes. If I remember the first year of Hutch's hit was like 13 million, huge for a guard back then. That was like a QB cap hit.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:17 am

RiverDog wrote:
Yea, I see your point. The hangup as I recall was the clause that would have required us to make him the highest paid OL on the roster, something that was virtually impossible for us to agree to due to having Big Walt locked up as one of the highest paid OT's in the league.

No, we had that particular poison pill worked out, the one there was no way around was the one that precluded Hutch from play more than a specified amount (I believe it was 6) games in the state of Washington.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:38 am

c_hawkbob wrote:No, we had that particular poison pill worked out, the one there was no way around was the one that precluded Hutch from play more than a specified amount (I believe it was 6) games in the state of Washington.

Yup- any more than 6 games in state of WA and entire contract became guaranteed IIRC.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:56 am

c_hawkbob wrote:No, we had that particular poison pill worked out, the one there was no way around was the one that precluded Hutch from play more than a specified amount (I believe it was 6) games in the state of Washington.

Man, I sure don't remember that clause, but I'll take your word for it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 am

Bob has that absolutely correct. Seattle had to guarantee the whole deal to *match* which they refused to do. Maybe they should have. Bottom line he didn't want to be here. But that's what the F tag is for.Like Ruskell said, "on my tombstone it will say here lies the man who lost Hutchinson". Indeed. Who knows what might have happened if they had kept him on a Super bowl team..
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Bob has that absolutely correct. Seattle had to guarantee the whole deal to *match* which they refused to do. Maybe they should have. Bottom line he didn't want to be here. But that's what the F tag is for.Like Ruskell said, "on my tombstone it will say here lies the man who lost Hutchinson". Indeed. Who knows what might have happened if they had kept him on a Super bowl team..

Losing Hutch was big, no doubt about it. But he didn't exactly light it up in Minnesota, either. Plus we had other things happen during those post XL years.... Like Robbie Tobeck and Mack Strong retiring without bona fide replacements, Walt's gradual decline, Jeremy Stevens implosion, etc.

But like you said, who knows.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:45 am

burrrton wrote:Yup- any more than 6 games in state of WA and entire contract became guaranteed IIRC.

This was it.
Oly
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum