Official Seahawks vs Vikings POST Game Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Official Seahawks vs Vikings POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Do you believe in Miracles?

NOW YOU SHOULD!
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Official Seahawks vs Vikings POST Game Thread

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Where do you start in the props for this game?

How about Christine Michael? - 71 tough yards - 14 yards and a scoring drive sustaining catch - most importantly no fumbles.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Why when I think about this game I am reminded of last years NFC Championship game against Green Bay???????
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:31 pm

I think the Hawks are a better team than the Vikings, but they weren't today. I suppose sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Luckily, as we saw this season, when this team lays an egg in one game, it doesn't mean that's what to expect the next game. Go Hawks!
Oly
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:33 pm

This game doesn't help my heart condition, a condition acquired by watching Seahawk games LOL
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm

"Mistake by 10,000 Lakes"

Wow.

HUGE BREAK, PEOPLE.

Cannot really complain from here on out, because we shouldn't be alive now. BLEW 2 chances to close out game offensively, then get Burned on their final drive to get within fg range, only to see it finish like this.

We are very, very lucky.

Good D overall, some tough running by CM, a Clutch play by RW on missed snap - and good awareness by Lockett. But, really, this was discombobulated offensively from the get go.

We live to fight another day - and round - in the playoffs.

Count your (football) Blessings, 12's!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm

savvyman wrote:Where do you start in the props for this game?

How about Christine Michael? - 71 tough yards - 14 yards and a scoring drive sustaining catch - most importantly no fumbles.

I would assume he outgained the future HOF for the Vikings and he didn't put the ball on the ground -- that is all we can ask from him.

Michael Bennett, Sherman, ET and Lane, too. (Noticed I left out the 4th LOB. I know he caused the fumble, but he almost cost us the game Mr 31.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Bennett, Sherman, Lane, Rubin (15 yards downfield to recover) and C-Mike deserve props.

RW, Bevel frustrated the eff out of me today. Ryan, Lewis, Gresham need to practice.

Feeling Lucky!!! Feeling grateful!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:54 pm

We need a quote from Ray Finkel. Laces Out!
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:55 pm

I'm going to give a pass to Gresham. He's solid. I'll blame the weather, but only for him.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:12 pm

I'm not. All day long. I'm not blaming anyone. Kickers, snaps etc. were off on both sides of the ball. Ryan' short punts were expected. Trying to run a stead of getting what he could out of a punt was shocking.

All that said, the Vikings are a good team. Their D was very good. Our play-calling and RW weren't the best, but one cannot overlook the fact that the Vikings are good. Their three defenders that reurned had nice games. They had a better game plan.

The last two crappy outtings we've had were followed by good and dominant wins. I hope that continues. Carolina will be tough.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Oh yeah... Baldwin's one-handed catch was awesome. We needed it too. Add Doug to my list!!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I'm not. All day long. I'm not blaming anyone. Kickers, snaps etc. were off on both sides of the ball. Ryan' short punts were expected. Trying to run a stead of getting what he could out of a punt was shocking.

All that said, the Vikings are a good team. Their D was very good. Our play-calling and RW weren't the best, but one cannot overlook the fact that the Vikings are good. Their three defenders that reurned had nice games. They had a better game plan.

The last two crappy outtings we've had were followed by good and dominant wins. I hope that continues. Carolina will be tough.

If we can scheme right I think we can beat the Panthers. Double cover Olsen, stop the run, and put a spy on Newton. They don't have the weapons that the Cards have.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:32 pm

I think that the previous FG attempt, where Sherman came within a hair of blocking, was in the mind of the Minnesota kicker.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:37 pm

RiverDog wrote:I think that the previous FG attempt, where Sherman came within a hair of blocking, was in the mind of the Minnesota kicker.

I agree; made that point in another thread.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I agree; made that point in another thread.

It was on the left hash, meaning he would have had to kick it more towards Sherman's side. The kicker will probably never admit it, but I think that Sherman got into his head.

I think it's more likely that Sherman was the cause of that miss more so than was the laces facing towards the kicker.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:47 pm

His leg was crooked to me Sis, and the ball was placed at an angle. He just plain shanked it. It wasn't even close. Thank goodness!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:56 pm

obiken wrote:His leg was crooked to me Sis, and the ball was placed at an angle. He just plain shanked it. It wasn't even close. Thank goodness!!

I think there was more to it than that, obi. He was at such a distance that he could have made that kick with the ball laying flat on the ground.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:39 pm

He was a class act in his post game interview. He didn't blame the weather, the snap, the hold, the laces. He said "I should have been able to kick a watermelon through the uprights at that distance. It's all on me"
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:52 pm

I'll take the lucky win but Kam has clearly forgotten how to cover the TE especially on critical plays. He's been getting torched all year and it was the reason I was happy to not draw Washington. They really need to make some kind of adjustment. I'd really be good with just manning up Sherman on Olson man to man on obvious pass downs.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:He was a class act in his post game interview. He didn't blame the weather, the snap, the hold, the laces. He said "I should have been able to kick a watermelon through the uprights at that distance. It's all on me"

Not exactly, but something like that.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 pm

kalibane wrote:I'll take the lucky win but Kam has clearly forgotten how to cover the TE especially on critical plays. He's been getting torched all year and it was the reason I was happy to not draw Washington. They really need to make some kind of adjustment. I'd really be good with just manning up Sherman on Olson man to man on obvious pass downs.

TE is our Achilles for sure (that and the Rams). I'm hopeful that the sting of Olsen torching us earlier will make everyone consider defensive options.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Oly wrote:I think the Hawks are a better team than the Vikings, but they weren't today. I suppose sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Luckily, as we saw this season, when this team lays an egg in one game, it doesn't mean that's what to expect the next game. Go Hawks!

We outgained them and kept them without a TD again.

We escaped, they almost stole one with the weather, but we were still the better team.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:00 pm

savvyman wrote:Do you believe in Miracles?

NOW YOU SHOULD!

Was divine intervention - i.e. the hand of god a contributing factor in the Seahawks win?

You be the judge.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/17424/three-plays-that-made-the-difference-for-the-seahawks

>>>>>3. Blair Walsh's missed 27-yard field goal: According to ESPN Stats & Information, on attempts from 27 yards or closer, NFL kickers were 189-of-191 this season before Walsh missed to the left.<<<<<<<

I have to conclude that God must like the Seahawk's more than the Vikings......
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:32 pm

I don't want to offend my religious brothers and sisters, really. And I know Saavy well enough to know he doesn't mean that God wanted the Hawks to win. It's unpleasant for me to hear the praise to Jesus for the win. Jesus, were you to believe in him, cares waaaaaaaay more about the poor than the outcome of a football game. There's a little too much of that for my taste this evening.

Why would God want Blair Walsh and the whole Viking community to suffer and for us to win? So shallow.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:33 pm

savvyman wrote: NFL kickers were 189-of-191 this season before Walsh missed to the left.

How many of those were attempted at 3 degrees Kelvin?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Why would God want Blair Walsh and the whole Viking community to suffer and for us to win? So shallow.

We agree on that, Sis, but everyone's got their beliefs- don't get worked up about whatever gets people through the day.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm

burrrton wrote:
We outgained them and kept them without a TD again.

We escaped, they almost stole one with the weather, but we were still the better team.

I have to point out that all the crying in the media I am hearing about the missed field goal, is not ONE BIT less fluky than the wierdo Jon Ryan botched punt attempt and run.
Things tend to even out over the course of a game.
That and the fact that the bogus PI call on Kam was the only reason they were in field goal range to begin with, I'm not crying about this win AT ALL!!!

Oh yeah, watch this, Cornell did a good job on this, very funny.
https://www.facebook.com/eighteenhundred/videos/10208559684292914/
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Excellent point, Monkey. One I tried to make in the victory over the Packers in the "fail Mary" game.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:05 pm

I agree about the game evening out but that was not a bogus PI call on Kam. He earned every thread in that flag.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:11 pm

1 TD.

That is how many TD's the Defense has given up in the last 6 road games.

Insane...

Ya know, as a fan, I don't remember getting as irate or frustrated and wanting to punch a hole in my TV screen than when a team just flat out runs it down your throat. This Seahawks run D is something special, don't ever take this for granted. Stopping the run is the #1 key to a defense, it really is amazing how every man is disciplined to their gap. Stopping the run is truly a team effort, and the Seahawks have been absolutely stellar at it these last 4 years.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:18 pm

kalibane wrote:I agree about the game evening out but that was not a bogus PI call on Kam. He earned every thread in that flag.

??? Really??? Interesting thought I guess. Don't see it that way, as a receiver isn't allowed to run into a defender and then shove them to the ground. A defensive player has every single right too his place on the field as an offensive player does.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:23 pm

HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I don't want to offend my religious brothers and sisters, really. And I know Saavy well enough to know he doesn't mean that God wanted the Hawks to win. It's unpleasant for me to hear the praise to Jesus for the win. Jesus, were you to believe in him, cares waaaaaaaay more about the poor than the outcome of a football game. There's a little too much of that for my taste this evening.

He wouldn't, that's why most honest Christians pray: God help no one to get injured and both sides to play their best.
obiken
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:41 am

HumanCockroach wrote:
??? Really??? Interesting thought I guess. Don't see it that way, as a receiver isn't allowed to run into a defender and then shove them to the ground. A defensive player has every single right too his place on the field as an offensive player does.

Kam wasn't just standing there while Rudolph plowed into him. He bit hard on the out move and then got beat on the double move. He pushed Kyle Rudolph with BOTH hands. I really don't know what play you guys were watching unless you're confusing it with the PI on Sherm which was bogus.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:09 am

PI on Sherm which was bogus

True! The Sherm call was completely bogus ~ not to mention that ball was nowhere near catchable.

Kam bit for sure. I have a bad feeling we're going to see a steady diet of Kam getting abused by Olsen on Sunday. I'm eager to see if Richards can draw up a scheme to finally cover a TE effectively. Take Olsen away and the rest of the WRs are very MEDIOCRE ~ although Ginn can throw some serious speed at us.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:35 am

kalibane wrote:I agree about the game evening out but that was not a bogus PI call on Kam. He earned every thread in that flag.

I thought the correct call would have been holding or illegal contact, not PI, because (I think- haven't reviewed) the ball wasn't on the way.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Whidbey Island Girl » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:45 am

One of the things I make sure that I do for every game - I started this three years ago and apparently it caught on - is to post on all of the social media sites I subscribe to, the words "I BELIEVE!!!"

Miracles? Of course, I believe in miracles. I also believe in leadership, heart and determination....Humility, too! All are key for success!

Catch y'all next game! Carolina, here we come!
Whidbey Island Girl
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am

Ball was in the air when contact was made. The refs got that one right, it was just a poor play by Kam.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:22 am

Yep- just rewatched. Ball is definitely in the air.

[edit- and rewatching again, Kam does more to initiate the contact than the receiver- not the worst example of PI, but probably PI nonetheless]
Last edited by burrrton on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
burrrton
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum