Who Would You Want: Cards or Packers?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Who Would You Want: Cards or Packers?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 pm

The team isn't supposed to do this, ie look beyond the current task of beating the Panthers, but there's no reason why us fans can't engage in some advance planning.

In my mind, there is no question that we'd want to play the Cards in the NFCCG, for a number of reasons:

It is clear after this weekend that the very frigid weather tends to equalize things. I want no part of the upper Midwest this time of year.

I'd much rather face Carson Palmer than I would Aaron Rodgers.

Our 12's will turn the Card's stadium into a neutral field. Not so in Green Bay.

Comments?
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Who Would You Want: Cards or Packers?

Postby mykc14 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:27 pm

RiverDog wrote:The team isn't supposed to do this, ie look beyond the current task of beating the Panthers, but there's no reason why us fans can't engage in some advance planning.

In my mind, there is no question that we'd want to play the Cards in the NFCCG, for a number of reasons:

It is clear after this weekend that the very frigid weather tends to equalize things. I want no part of the upper Midwest this time of year.

Our 12's will turn the Card's stadium into a neutral field. Not so in Green Bay.

Comments?

I don't know RW is undefeated outdoors in the post season (7-0) and hasn't won in a dome (0-2). Although he has played really well in those dome games. Right now it just feels good to get the chance to beat the Panthers.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:42 pm

RiverDog wrote:The team isn't supposed to do this, ie look beyond the current task of beating the Panthers, but there's no reason why us fans can't engage in some advance planning.

Comments?

I agree with you 100% RD. And also then I would get to do a best of 3 bet against my friend that's a cards fan.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:12 pm

The Cards. I've had enough cold weather drama this year.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm

The Pack. That run defense is horrible, and with the level Wilson is playing I think Seattle could feasibly drop a nickle on that defense ( baring a -25 degree game, if that's the case, I'll pass and take Cards ;) )..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Cards. Wilson feasts in the roaster but the inclement weather games have really put a crimp in our offense.Clearly it affected Russel greatly yesterday. Our last 2 games in AZ have been spectacular offensively.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:23 pm

I know it's not the question, but I feel like it's bad mojo to not say that we must first beat the Panthers Sunday. That will be a very tough game and the outcome will depend on which Seahawk team shows up.

Providing we get the W, I'd prefer to play the Packers in Arizona. Well I would!!! I'd love nothing more than to send Aaron Rogers home two years in a row (I sports-hate that dude soooooo much). That said, I think the cold weather thing is a bigger thing than Russell or Bevel or anyone else believed until their eyelashes and mouth froze up. RW couldn't bark out the snap count it was so cold so he kept with the my little pony move.

Based on that and that alone - I vote for Arizona
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawkfan80 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:20 pm

z z z z z zz z z zona
Seahawkfan80
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Looking past Carolina a tad bit presumptuous doncha think?.......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Providing we get the W, I'd prefer to play the Packers in Arizona.

Its that the truth HS!!!

To answer his question I would say the Packers, the Cards just have too many Offensive weapons to beat. I don't think its going to be a choice however, the Cards win this one easy.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:07 am

Keeping in mind how banged up the Packers are, I'd rather we face them. Have a look at who their starting receivers are this week, lol.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:09 am

curmudgeon wrote:Looking past Carolina a tad bit presumptuous doncha think?.......

Yes, we all think. Just playing the what if game.

Weather reports have Green Bay in the mid 30s. That's a big difference from last week. Just hoping for the w tomorrow at present.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:44 am

The question of who would I want depends on what you mean. If you mean who would be the easiest for us to beat?
Packers, by a MILE. Sadly, the Packers have zero realistic chance of beating the Cardinals this week. It's the one game I am absolutely positive of, even more than the Broncos Steelers game, with an injured...well...everybody for the Steelers is hurt now, and still I think they have a better chance of beating Denver than the Packers do of beating the Cards.

If you mean which game would I prefer to match up with for other reasons than ease of victory? I want to see my Seattle Seahawks kick the ever loving snot out of the Cardinals again, just to rub their noses in it!
I'd love to face the Cards again, and see us beat them down again, that would make me very happy. The Packers are barely a playoff team, losing 6 of their least 10 games and still making the playoffs is a joke. Getting to play the Redskins, a team who ONLY made the playoffs because they were slightly better than the rest of their horrible division, does nothing to make me believe the Packers can beat anyone who is a real contender.
Packers are the NFL's most overrated team BY FAR.
So yeah, I think it would be a much easier game to beat the Packers, (we'd kill them), but I'd actually rather see us humiliate the Cardinals again, because it's so much more satisfying. Besides, the Packers have no chance against the Cardinals anyway. The Cards offense is going expose, and exploit that overrated Packers defense. It's an absolute lock.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Good Thread; I see I am not alone, I have been debating this (with myself) for a while now. Everyone else has made great points about why we should "want" either Arizona or Green Bay. Right now, the only reason I can see for not wanting GB is because they are STILL in that severe cold snap up there. I don't want our Seahawks to have to play in Ice Bowl IV. However, should the weather warm up to normal, yeah, I would want our guys to play GB. I simply do not want a rubber match against the Cardinals. I am still shocked we were able to turn CP in to a pedestrian QB and I think a lot of that was they knew that Carolina was going to nail down HFA and they really did NOT have anything to play for.

BUT, that said, I have NO DOUBT we can, and will, defeat which ever team we face including the AFC Champion on our way to two Lombardi trophies in 3 years.

Back to Carolina; both teams are at relatively full strength so there won't be ANY excuses about not having this player or that player available. I still believe we will defeat the Panthers no matter what happened in Seattle earlier in the season. Heck! If we are up 20-7 this time in the 3rd. Qtr. it will be ALL OVER!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Welcome back Marshawn Lynch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All IS forgiven! You not only got on the plane it is my understanding that you feel 100% and can't wait to unleash BEAST-MODE on Carolina. The Panthers won't know (actually they will) what hit them!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:13 pm

monkey wrote:The question of who would I want depends on what you mean. If you mean who would be the easiest for us to beat?
Packers, by a MILE. Sadly, the Packers have zero realistic chance of beating the Cardinals this week. It's the one game I am absolutely positive of, even more than the Broncos Steelers game, with an injured...well...everybody for the Steelers is hurt now, and still I think they have a better chance of beating Denver than the Packers do of beating the Cards.So yeah, I think it would be a much easier game to beat the Packers, (we'd kill them), but I'd actually rather see us humiliate the Cardinals again, because it's so much more satisfying. Besides, the Packers have no chance against the Cardinals anyway.
The Cards offense is going expose, and exploit that overrated Packers defense. It's an absolute lock.

Packers are the NFL's most overrated team BY FAR.

I was just as sure the red hot Skins were going to stuff the overrated Pack last week for all the reasons you mentioned above. And then Ummmm.... That was a very hot vertical passing team with good skill players that the Green Bay defense basically stuffed in the second half.We knew the Skins defense was suspect but 30+ points in the NFL is always a good day on offense no matter who you are playing.

Everybody has a chance monkey. We saw last week that blowing someone out a few weeks prior means nothing in a rematch and may actually motivate the losing team. On paper I agree the Cardinals should win although neither I nor Vegas see the type of blowout that occurred last time.The last I saw of the Tards they looked disheveled courtesy of RW and the LOB by the way.

The one thing about this game that fascinates me more than any other is that Palmer and Arians are looking for their first ever playoff win. Thats a monkey to get off your back, especially in the case of Palmer as a 12 year veteran.
Meanwhile Green Bay is a seasoned veteran playoff team with an elite Super Bowl MVP QB so we will see.
I absolutely do not want another cold weather outdoor game I dont care if its vs North Dakota state. AZ please!@!!!!
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Funny you mention NDSU.
5 straight national championships! I mean, 5 times in a flipping row...are you kidding me?!?
I don't care what level of play you are talking about (and for the record, 1AA OFTEN beats 1A straight up, there are many teams in 1AA that are FAR superior to teams in 1A, not the least of which is NDSU who could, and probably should move up to 1A), 5 straight national championships is simply unheard of! Never been done before EVER.
A-MAZ-ING! I sit and watch these guys play every Saturday and it just boggles my mind that they're from little Fargo North Dakota, and they're easily the greatest football dynasty that the sport has ever produced. I sit in utter amazement :shock: just blown away by what they've accomplished.

I agree completely with what you are saying about the cold, that's another reason I think I'd rather travel to the desert.
And no I''m not overlooking Carolina, I just don't see them beating us with their weak secondary, with Beast Mode back and healthy (I am assuming), and with Ted Ginn hurt, (pretty pathetic that Mr. Drops himself is the second biggest play maker on that team after Greg Olson.)
I know people are worried about Olson, but the last time we faced them, we were without Bobby, we had KJ playing MLB, and we were still trying to figure out what we had with Cary Williams, (who we have since cut and replaced with Shead and Lane), this time around I expect a far different result.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:11 pm

I liked GB a week ago in DC, but don't give them much of a shot later today.

AZ, while unproven in the playoffs with this group, has more than enough wherewithal to handle the situation and get the win at home.

The only really curiosity for me if if they cover the spread, and they have a good shot at doing so.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum