10 things to know about this Sunday's game

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

10 things to know about this Sunday's game

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:48 am

Good article for any 'Hawks fan to read to feel better about Sunday. I am already confident, but for anyone on the fence or not feeling good, hopefully this gives you a better feeling.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/01/10-things-to-keep-in-mind-about.html
Agent 86
Legacy

Re: 10 things to know about this Sunday's game

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:24 pm

I think this will be a typical Seahawk-Panther game. Tough, hard fought and close. I suspect it is about a pick-em game from the bettor's stance (hence them getting the 3 points at home).

To think that the Panthers lucked their way to a 15 and 1 record is silly, despite the schedule. We lost to the losing Rams not once, but twice - the second time being in the middle of the hottest streak we have ever had. So while I appreciate the article, I'm not feeling like there will be anything easy about winning on Sunday. The Panthers, like the Seahawks, have improved since our last match-up. Have you seen the points they have been putting up on teams?? And while it was frigid last week, we have seen way too many completions to TEs leading to 4th quarter collapses to go into the NFC leaders house with this much cockiness.

I sure do hope you are right, but would be willing to bet this'll be another close game.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 pm

I didn't get to watch the first meeting between us and the kitty cats, I tried to follow on my phone and a little on the radio.

I think it will be a close game, but I do think we win. One thing I know is that Newton hates Wilson, we should be able to get inside his head pretty easy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember us having a hard time on offense, I know we scored a long ball to lockett (might've been a trick play? Like I said I was trying to follow it on my phone.) Norman is a dirty player so hopefully none of our guys get hurt from a cheap shot. Glad to hear that a bunch of the panthers secondary are out and I agree with the article that ours is better now with Lane back and without Williams.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Oh yeah Sis, by no means am I saying it's in the bag. I am confident that this team can go in and win, but I agree, it is most likely going to come down a couple plays made in the 4th quarter by one of the teams.

The Panthers are legit, maybe not 15-1 legit, but they are a good team top to bottom. Almost like looking in a mirror with the Seahawks. Great QB that can run, great Defenses featuring elite MLB's and secondaries along with a good front 4. Both have power backs (if Lynch and Stewart both play). Almost every game these 2 teams play is a close low scoring game.

The article makes some great points though that at least seem to point in the Hawks direction.

The one thing the article fails to mention is a certain Seahawk had his best game of the year in the previous game, and Jimmy Graham ain't playing this weekend. Having Luke Willson back in the lineup is a crucial factor in this game I think, he seems to have stepped up his game last year and this year when pressed into a more prominent role.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:51 pm

15 and 1 isn't a mirage at all but its taken some amazing comebacks including Seattle, vs a bad Saints team, a bad Colts team. They shut out Atlanta 38-zip or something then lost to them only scoring 13 two weeks later. They are a great team but they can be had. Their fans are scared. The team is talking tough. But the Seattle Seahawks are coming into this game as healthy as they have been in weeks, coming off an inspiring win in hellish arctic conditions and with zero pressure. Its all on Cam Newton and Carolina. Seattle is 4-1 their last 5 vs these guys and I'm thinking they have a serous anger management issue about the loss at home this year. AZ 2 weeks ago is exhibit A on paybacks a MOFO with Seattle and they are still the Vegas fave.

Hey if Newton, Rivera and crew can get this tone Ill tip my cap but this is not going to be easy for them.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Las Vegas says it's 3 pts, so on a neutral field, it would be a pick-em game. That's about as close as you can get. That means the Vegas houses respect us.

Why do you think Newton hates Russell? I don't remember anything coming from Cam and certainly nothing from Russell's mouth.

That game we lost to them, we were ahead the whole game and gave it away on defense when we forgot how to cover a TE. Sorta like the other 4 losses that we were ahead in the 4th qtr and lost leads.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

I would bet Pete is on the phone with his old D cooridinator Dan Quinn picking his brain a little. Quinn found a way to hold Kam and the boys to 13 with a lot less defensive talent than the Hawks have. Maybe Quinn will do a little special consulting on the side. He seemed to have their number in the past and at least 1 game this year.im sure Quinn wouldn't mind sticking it to superman one more time. Just saying use all the resources you can. 1and done at this point.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:00 am

You mean the same way Ron Rivera is probably on the phone with Jeff Fisher?

I'm sure the Pope will have his opportunity to throw a bolt or two to Darrell Bevil if he starts to crap it out this Sunday.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum