Nice to see the Patriots Winning

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Nice to see the Patriots Winning

Postby savvyman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:33 pm

I am rooting for the Pats to emerge as AFC champs for what should be obvious reasons.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Nice to see the Patriots Winning

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Have zero rooting interest, but wow, just wow the refs have a "favorite".... Blatant grounding, claim it got to the line ( 3 yards short) BLATANT horsecollar tackle out of bounds on a QB no call... LOL.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Speaking of favorites, Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen on the broadcast tomorrow!
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Uppercut wrote:Speaking of favorites, Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen on the broadcast tomorrow!

Seriously? Good grief why...now I have to watch with no volume again.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Have zero rooting interest, but wow, just wow the refs have a "favorite".... Blatant grounding, claim it got to the line ( 3 yards short) BLATANT horsecollar tackle out of bounds on a QB no call... LOL.

The horse collar out of bounds was ridiculous. The Chiefs clock management, or lack thereof, was embarrassing. Jr High school level.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:21 pm

Chiefs got beat. The score wasn't indicative of the game. I was surprised at how well the Pats did as beat up as they were.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:05 am

I was rooting for the chiefs. I wouldn't mind a rematch with the pats though. I will say the officiating was awful. The refs missed like 8 late hits on Alex Smith. I agree though the chiefs didn't do enough to win. KC couldn't get to Brady, so he diabolically dismantled their defense.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:21 am

monkey wrote:Seriously? Good grief why...now I have to watch with no volume again.

Tip for anyone serious about not wanting to listen to network announcers:

If you have a DVR, use your tablet or phone (or PC if it can supply the volume to your TV room) to get the 710sports.com feed of Raible's call.

The radio feed is ahead of what's on TV, but the internet feed of the same call is behind, so you can pause the game with your DVR just long enough so it syncs with the internet feed, and VOILA! You get Raible's call while watching TV.

The only drawback is you lose the sync if you pause the game, so you just have to let it run like you would without a DVR, but that's the price you pay for getting the home-town call for the game... and it's totally worth it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:34 am

burrrton wrote:
Tip for anyone serious about not wanting to listen to network announcers:
If you have a DVR, use your tablet or phone (or PC if it can supply the volume to your TV room) to get the 710sports.com feed of Raible's call.
The radio feed is ahead of what's on TV, but the internet feed of the same call is behind, so you can pause the game with your DVR just long enough so it syncs with the internet feed, and VOILA! You get Raible's call while watching TV.
The only drawback is you lose the sync if you pause the game, so you just have to let it run like you would without a DVR, but that's the price you pay for getting the home-town call for the game... and it's totally worth it.

I think I have a new idea that could be a multimillion dollar product.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:50 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:I think I have a new idea that could be a multimillion dollar product.

I've got some technical/programming chops if you want a minority partner, my friend... :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:00 am

Chiefs beat up on a crap team a week ago, then faced a Pats team that has Gronk and Edelman on offense. Plus, N.E. has about as much playoff experience as anybody.

KC couldn't get out of their own way. Costly turnover, and their usual bland offensive scheme. Never have been a believer in Alex Smith, and was reminded again why: the guy just doesn't take any real chances. He glances downfield, then checks it to a back or WR who's either at the LOS or a couple yards beyond it. His passes still sail high. He makes decent throws here and there, but not nearly often enough. He has good mobility and can run, but didn't do enough of that today, either.

Their defense is OK, but not as good as their ranking, IMO. And, of course, it's a post season game in N.E. which is never easy. About the only way Reid's guys could've pulled this off is if Gronk and Edelman hadn't played.

The result was determined long before the game ended. Garbage score made it look closer.

Steelers are beat up beyond belief, and Broncos are going with old man Manning. Still expect Denver to win and host Pats next week, but could easily see N.E. back in the SB at this point.

Would Love that rematch.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:11 am

Zorn76 wrote:Chiefs beat up on a crap team a week ago, then faced a Pats team that has Gronk and Edelman on offense. Plus, N.E. has about as much playoff experience as anybody.

KC couldn't get out of their own way. Costly turnover, and their usual bland offensive scheme. Never have been a believer in Alex Smith, and was reminded again why: the guy just doesn't take any real chances. He glances downfield, then checks it to a back or WR who's either at the LOS or a couple yards beyond it. His passes still sail high. He makes decent throws here and there, but not nearly often enough. He has good mobility and can run, but didn't do enough of that today, either.

Their defense is OK, but not as good as their ranking, IMO. And, of course, it's a post season game in N.E. which is never easy. About the only way Reid's guys could've pulled this off is if Gronk and Edelman hadn't played.

The result was determined long before the game ended. Garbage score made it look closer.

Steelers are beat up beyond belief, and Broncos are going with old man Manning. Still expect Denver to win and host Pats next week, but could easily see N.E. back in the SB at this point.

Would Love that rematch.

Me too. But first things first, let the hawks take the kitty cats for a ride.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:16 am

burrrton wrote:
I've got some technical/programming chops if you want a minority partner, my friend... :)

You are on board. Working on a patent now.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:00 am

They are who we thought they were. Both teams...Lets start with acknowledging the Chiefs had a special season.
I was tempted to pick KC in the game but its so tough to bet against the Pats. Tough run D? No problem we will throw every play on our way to a a game opening TD.Gronk and Edelman limping into the game. Yeah not so much...
KC wasn't bad much of the game. They got no help from the officials and losing Maclin was huge. But the final 5 minutes reminded us why Reid got to 4 NFC title games and only advanced to one losing SB.....And Smith is just a nice player, not elite. He could win it all, hes certainly as good as Dilfer or Brad Johnson to name two but would need a better team around him. He just seems to lack the cojones, the leadership ability and confidence in crunch time.

That last drive with guys wandering around and the QB looking as confused as his teammates was painful to watch....

And yes it would be a dream match-up to advance to the Superbowl and face them. I'm betting they will be there. Im not a betting man but Id lay major dough on Pats getting there unless Brady gets hurt or something. They could be facing Ostweiiler or weekend at Peyton's or Big Ben little arm or Landry Jones. Yeah I like the Pats to get back to the dance....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:07 am

Glad Denver won today...but not sure if they're up to the task of beating the Pats. They'll need to rely on their D heavily to pull it off.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:53 am

Cards, hard for me to dislike Carson Palmer. He has been through so much crap. I hate Newton, and I have seen the Pats win enough.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 am

Patriots are going to the Super bowl. The only way I see AZ joining them is if the mud hole of a field dries up in Carolina. I'm definitely rooting Zona or whoever is playing Brady but I think Bellicheck would destroy Carolina with his game plan...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 pm

I'd like for Fitzgerald to get a ring.

Class guy, and has stuck it out his entire career with the franchise.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Zorn76 wrote:I'd like for Fitzgerald to get a ring.

Class guy, and has stuck it out his entire career with the franchise.

Me too. He seems like a legit guy on and off the field. Pretty cool of him to think of Mortensen during his post game interview. go cards... (little voice ~ hard to convince myself to give it a full voice)
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:34 pm

It is strange to pull for a divisional rival and, really, it doesn't matter much to me who ends up winning the Lombardi...so long as it isn't the Pats:)

But I'll take AZ over Carolina here. The Panthers deserved the win, to say the least, but I just don't care for their style. Bunch of posers doing group shots on the sideline, and the overall smugness of that team.

We have our personalities too - every team does - but I just find it easier to root for Fitz (and to a lesser extent, Palmer) to pull this thing off. So while a Pats/Panthers match up could be the most interesting, I'd rather see Denver/AZ.

Meanwhile, lots of work to do at our team HQ. This is crucial draft/FA period coming up.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum