Too Soon to Talk Draft??

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Too Soon to Talk Draft??

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Is it too soon to start talking about who we'd like to see the Hawks target this offseason in the draft? I know there is a ton of FA work to get through. I know he won't be there, but I love Jack Conklin from Michigan State at OT. This, of course is assuming that Tunsil (Mississippi) and Stanely (Notre Dame) are both gone in the top 10 - 12 picks.

I'm guessing that A. Conklin and Taylor Decker are both gone by the time we pick and B. even if they were not, PC and JS would take someone else or trade down.

Thoughts? #DRAFTFAT
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Re: Too Soon to Talk Draft??

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Good choices Sis, but I am hearing from "experts" that they will go DT or DE, especially if their sit down with Kam and Bennett doesn't go well. I would rather address the OL. There is a good article today in the Seattle Times by Larry Stone, where he says they have to seriously address that and not just whiff on it!
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Hell no it's not too early, East West Shrine game is Saturday!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... servations
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I miss Mel Kiper's guide I used to get it every year. His bio on Russell was spot on. He said if it wasn't for the fact that he was too short he would have been the #1 pick. Isnt that what the said about Largent, and Ray Lewis??!! Someone forgot to measure Lewis' Shoulders!!
Sis is right Decker 6-8 315! He could fall to us.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:24 pm

The draft is a strange thing in that it never goes as expected.
The best possibilities for LT will probably be gone by 26, but I've seen rankings all over the place so you never know.
Pete's always looking at pass rushers and considering it might be Avril's last year and both Mebane and Rubin are FA's, DTs will be on the radar as well.
It means OT probably won't be the first choice but like I said, you never know who might be there when we select.

The rankings are all over the place, too. I saw one with Conklin ranked at late 2nd round and another as a mid 1st. It really depends on which team values him when.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:48 pm

That's fine NH, but how long can Pete play Russian Roulette with our OL? Its being talked about everywhere. IF you cannot block you go nowhere. 2 years ago we won the SB with 2 All pros and 3 ham and eggers. Even then it was our biggest weakness. Next year we are talking 5 guys that are C+ at best. We are reaching a point of critical mass, where RW is going to start getting hurt if this continues. When he goes down we lose, period. HOW many times, did our guys get run over, just plain miss blocks, or commit a boatload of penalties? The press and the fan base gave PC a free pass for 2 years on this issue, not this year. IF he plays whiffle ball with our OL again and we don't get to the playoffs love time is over. Moreover, its so easy to correct. Last year was awful.
Like I told Human, You don't get back to the SB winning 3 Road games in the playoffs. Yes, its been done, but the odds are vastly against it. WE need Offensive lineman period.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Seahawks' offseason priorities begin with offensive line

By TIM BOOTH

AP Sports Writer

RENTON, Wash. (AP) The Seattle Seahawks' offseason priorities were obvious in previous years.

Getting extensions done for key stars like Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner - some of those taking a little longer than expected - were clearly a key. Adding depth in specific areas like the defensive line was a priority one year, while other seasons it's been going after one specific player.

This offseason is far broader for the Seahawks. There is no overarching, glaring need for a team that has reached at least the divisional round of the NFC playoffs in four straight seasons and played in Super Bowls twice during that span, with one exception. Pete Carroll acknowledged questions on the offensive line need to be answered before next season.

"I don't think we've nailed it yet," Carroll said. "I think this needs to be a really competitive spot again, and we're going to work really hard to build it up. For the course of the season, we weren't consistent enough."

Seattle's offensive line could see the biggest makeover because of contract situations. Starting left tackle Russell Okung and starting right guard J.R. Sweezy are unrestricted free agents. Center Patrick Lewis, who moved into the starting role just before midseason, and versatile backup Alvin Bailey are restricted free agents.

Issues with Seattle's offensive line were partly to blame for the Seahawks' 2-4 start and that's not something Carroll wants to repeat.

"I think that's a real area of focus again so we'll be talking about it. We've got a couple unrestricted guys there. We're going to have to deal with how that works out. There's just stuff we're going to have to work through," Carroll said. "But we are young and we are athletic and we do like our guys."

Aside from the offensive line, the Seahawks' biggest free agent questions are on the defensive side, where they could end up trying to fill three or four starting spots.

Seattle had the best run defense in the NFL this season, giving up 81.5 yards per game on the ground. Two key parts of that success were defensive tackles Brandon Mebane and Ahtyba Rubin, both of whom are unrestricted free agents. Carroll raved about both players throughout the season, but money will ultimately determine whether either returns.

Mebane just turned 31 and made $5.5 million in base salary this season. Rubin, in his first year with Seattle, made $1.35 million in base salary and would appear in line for a raise.

Seattle must also decide what to do with outside linebacker Bruce Irvin after declining to pick up his fifth-year option last spring. Irvin has gone from being strictly a pass rusher as a rookie in 2012 to a versatile linebacker with the ability to rush off the edge and also play on the line of scrimmage and help in the run game.

Irvin said that in his exit conversations with Carroll and general manager John Schneider he was asked if he'd take less money to return. That's a possibility in theory, but the reality is that this may be Irvin's best shot at a big contract.

"I want to be here. That's as simple as it is," Irvin said. "I understand the business side of it, but if I happen to be somewhere else I will always have a genuine appreciation for (Schneider) and (Carroll) for sticking their neck out there and taking me when everybody said I was a reach and had a lot of baggage."

Seattle's other defensive decision is at cornerback opposite Sherman and whether Jeremy Lane returns. The team can move forward with DeShawn Shead or the Seahawks can look elsewhere. Seattle has shown it prefers cornerbacks who have come up in its system like Lane and Shead. The most recent example of that was the midseason release of veteran Cary Williams.

Lane is an unrestricted free agent while Shead is an exclusive rights free agent, which all but assures his return.

"I'd like to think our guys, because they know our system," Carroll said, "they've been well-schooled."

---
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Larry Stone Seattle Times Today.

The Seattle Seahawks must stop ignoring the obvious problem on their offensive line that kept Russell Wilson under siege early in the season, instead of focusing on other areas.

The Seahawks aren’t going to recede into irrelevance any time soon, which is the solace to be gained from Sunday’s playoff loss.

But the very fact they have such a strong, young core returning makes it even more important for them to shore up their primary weakness. Little mystery about that. It’s an offensive line that killed the Seahawks early in the season and then was exploited big time in their NFC divisional playoff defeat against the Carolina Panthers.

Unless you’re the New England Patriots, the window of opportunity in the NFL can close awfully fast. The Seahawks need to maximize the privileged time they have now with a dynamic young quarterback and the nucleus of a dominant defense.

The Mariners haven’t been able to do it with Felix Hernandez and Robinson Cano, and now Felix is going to reach 30 years old in April without a single playoff game on his résumé.

The Seahawks have four consecutive playoff appearances, two Super Bowls and one title. But the NFL is littered with teams that looked like they were positioned for the long haul only to flame out before their time. The best strategy is to be ever mindful of the big picture, but hone in zealously on the here and now.

All you had to do was listen to Pete Carroll’s exit interview with the media Monday to realize that the offensive line will rightly be a huge priority in the offseason.

“I don’t think we’ve nailed it yet,” Carroll said. “I think this needs to be a really competitive spot again, and we’re going to work really hard to build it up. For the course of the season, we weren’t consistent enough.

“We found a real good rhythm, but we can’t start and go through that again. We don’t want to have to experience that if we can avoid it. I think that’s a real area of focus again.”

That’s about as strong a condemnation as the perpetually positive Carroll ever gives.

Let’s face it, the Seahawks have made the offensive line a relatively low priority over the years, and it’s been a successful formula. They’ve relied on Tom Cable to be a coaching MacGyver, jerry-rigging a cohesive unit from whatever he’s handed. That’s included converted defensive linemen like J.R. Sweezy and Drew Nowak, a former tight end like Gary Gilliam, or a former tackle playing guard like Justin Britt.
To be fair, it must be pointed out that the Seahawks set a team record this year for yards per game (378.6), while their 26.4 points per game trails only the 2005 team in Seahawks history. They were fourth in the NFL in total yards per game and third in rushing yards (141.8 per game).

But that obscures the fact the unit was a major problem in the first seven games, when Russell Wilson was sacked a league-high 31 times. That was the primary reason the Seahawks switched to a quick passing game in which Wilson thrived, finishing the regular season with 24 touchdowns and just one interception over his final seven games.

Cable deserves praise for the juggling he did along the way to improve the line. But it still came back to bite them, both in the late defeat against the St. Louis Rams, and especially the Panthers game. On both of Wilson’s devastating first-half interceptions, he was under siege by Carolina rushers. The first one, a pick-six by Luke Kuechly, came after defensive tackle Kawann Short beat Britt, and the second resulted from a hit by defensive end Mario Addison, who had slipped past left tackle Russell Okung.

Okung, whose performance has declined because of injuries, is an unrestricted free agent. So is Sweezy at guard and backup center Lemuel Jeanpierre. Center Patrick Lewis and Gilliam at tackle are restricted free agents.

It’s conceivable Seattle will have an almost completely revamped offensive line next year, with just guard Mark Glowinski, center Kristjan Sokoli (another converted defensive lineman) and disappointing Alvin Bailey already on hand as potential replacements.

With the restrictions of the salary cap, teams have to make a choice about their financial priorities. The Seahawks have opted, quite successfully, to sink most of their payroll into maintaining a very expensive defense. They traded solid center Max Unger to get a flashy tight end, Jimmy Graham. And they prioritized running back Marshawn Lynch, theorizing that Wilson and Lynch could make up for a lot of mistakes by the offensive line.

This season showed again that maybe they can, but it also showed, with Thomas Rawls, that the Seahawks could have a successful running back without paying him $12 million a year.

The likely departure of Lynch will clear up salary-cap space, and the Seahawks have various other personnel choices to make that could add to their disposable income to sign some free agents. They own the 26th pick in the NFL draft, and have been quite crafty in finding impact players in the later rounds and through undrafted free agents.

It’s time for the Seahawks to make the O-line their priority, not an afterthought.

Larry Stone: 206-464-3146 or lstone@seattletimes.com
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:02 am

One of my buddies claims that it's a good OT class and that we should be able to get a decent one with our #26 overall. The problem is that Tom Cable hasn't really proven himself to be a good judge of talent. The two tackles he drafted with a #1 or #2 pick didn't make it into their second season at their original position. Keep that man out of the war room.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:13 am

Right, even a good right tackle or guard can be had in the 2nd round. A guy Cable could teach.

River, remember Andre Hines? OMG talk about eating yourself out of the league!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 am

obiken wrote:Right, even a good right tackle or guard can be had in the 2nd round. A guy Cable could teach.

River, remember Andre Hines? OMG talk about eating yourself out of the league!

Indeed, I do remember Hines. Jack Patera said that he was in better shape than Hines. We've had several discussions over the years about him, whether or not we actually picked him thinking he was someone else.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am

obiken wrote:That's fine NH, but how long can Pete play Russian Roulette with our OL? Its being talked about everywhere. IF you cannot block you go nowhere. 2 years ago we won the SB with 2 All pros and 3 ham and eggers. Even then it was our biggest weakness. Next year we are talking 5 guys that are C+ at best. We are reaching a point of critical mass, where RW is going to start getting hurt if this continues. When he goes down we lose, period. HOW many times, did our guys get run over, just plain miss blocks, or commit a boatload of penalties? The press and the fan base gave PC a free pass for 2 years on this issue, not this year. IF he plays whiffle ball with our OL again and we don't get to the playoffs love time is over. Moreover, its so easy to correct. Last year was awful.
Like I told Human, You don't get back to the SB winning 3 Road games in the playoffs. Yes, its been done, but the odds are vastly against it. WE need Offensive lineman period.

Hey, I'm with you and have been one of the most vocal proponents (whiner as some tagged me) of upgrading the OL, but this team is built with the Defense first in mind.
Pass rushers and DTs will be a problem in the next 2 years unless Hill stays healthy for once and Avril decides to play another couple of years after this one, so it wouldn't surprise me if they went DL with the 26th pick. Drafting OL high hasn't been their best moves and maybe it's because they think or know they can get much more immediate impact on Defense than OL.
Unfortunately this design has allowed solid but unspectacular OL to leave without much of a challenge and the mid to later round OL selections have yet to be able to consistently produce at the NFL level. The 2015 OL has come a long way, but they still need to improve to become a solid group. With both Okung and Sweezy Free Agents, and the expected loss of Okung, continuity will be challenged again this year. I think we can get a good, maybe starting Guard and Center in the 2nd to 4th rounds, but LT will be a challenge.
I hope that a good OT that can immediately play on the left falls to 26 to make the decision easy, but they are valued commodities and tend to go early.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Good reading fellows, thanks. I know that drafting an O-lineman in the first round who actually turns out to be good isn't really our tradition (w/ some exceptions). What I know is that I likely won't know who the guy is and I'll be scratching my head as one of my preferred linemen slip past.

I see mocks having us go D-line. I'd really like some young o-line talent.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I know he won't be there, but I love Jack Conklin from Michigan State at OT.

Thoughts? #DRAFTFAT

I very seriously doubt he's even being considered as he doesn't fit what Cable looks for at all. He's too big and not nearly athletic enough.
I'd look for someone who is a SPARQ freak http://www.topendsports.com/testing/sparq-rating-system.htm.
Athletic linemen are what Cable and John and Pete seem to be looking for.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:15 pm

I visit that site every day. Staten is very knowledgeable, as Seahawks fans we're pretty lucky to get such good draft coverage from a Seahawks perspective.
monkey
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Good stuff monk, but Mocks are a waste of time. Anyone can do a mock and be wrong. How about Monkeys mocks.com That has a ring to it!!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:50 am

Thats fine but we need blockers, so RW doesnt end up in the Hospital.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 am

Olbs I graduated from Oregon, now what about Buckner? I think he will be a good solid, if not great player; IF he falls to us do we take him? He will do well in a 4-3, he was really good in a 3-4.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:24 am

Old but Slow wrote:Take a look at this guy as a pass rusher who can drop into coverage and is a good tackler. Does he have the chops to replace Irvin? He would probably need to be taken in the first round if we want him. He is 6'5 and about 250, and missed 2014 with a knee injury, but was great all year this year.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kyler-f ... tate-2015/

Check the great defensive pass play by the back judge in the last two minutes of the game.

If Irvin goes elsewhere in Free Agency, I would expect this guy to move up their draft board. He plays a lot like him and seems to have excellent speed like Irvin.
A plug and play replacement would be nice if in fact Bruce does end up elsewhere.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Old but Slow wrote:The biggest problem with Buckner, is that he will be taken long before we have a draft pick. Love to have him. strictly a pipe dream.

Wow that's too bad. I knew he was good but. He is 290 and could play either DT or DE. I think DE is where they will put him.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:43 am

Ted Hendricks, he was they guy they built the 3-4 around. 6-7 260! Hes the reason the I have had a jaundice view of the 3-4 every since! Its fine if you have him BUT most teams don't.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 am

The Stork. I both hated and loved that guy. The Raiders were my moist hated team back in the day, and yet, I had a ton of respect for Hendricks as a player, the guy was terrific.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:48 am

monkey wrote:The Stork. I both hated and loved that guy. The Raiders were my moist hated team back in the day, and yet, I had a ton of respect for Hendricks as a player, the guy was terrific.

The Mad Stork.

I'm with ya about the Raiders. I was a Chiefs fan back in the day. The Chiefs were this clean cut, picture perfect team that wore suits and ties when they rode the bus to the stadium... Hank Stram's dad owned a men's clothing store, one of the few head coaches that I've seen that wore a 3 piece suit on the sidelines. He wouldn't have been caught dead in that tattered hoodie and sweat pants that Belichek wears. The Raiders were the exact opposite: They were like the Hells Angels of professional football.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Hendricks cost me a football pool win with a blocked FG against the Bucs one year.
I can never forgive him for that. The pot was, at the time more than my monthly pay check so it really bummed me out.
I never came that close again.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:27 pm

oh I never put too much stock in mock drafts. Folks in here have a tendency to do better than the "experts" but I haven't predicted a pick since the cannot miss pick of Aaron Curry. ;-)

I did hear somewhere (I think it was Clayton on the radio, but I cannot remember) that the Hawks have an interest in Joe Thomas from Cleveland. I don't know quite how that would work with our limited cap space and of course it is nothing but hearsay, but I could live with Thomas in a Seahawks uniform. The moves made (or not made) in the next few months will set the table for what happens later in April.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:18 pm

I like this guy:

STEPHANE NEMBOT - OT Colorado 6'7, 318:

He speaks English, French and Spanish and 11 different African dialects: Bafoussam (his mother’s tribe), Bangoua (his father’s tribe), Douala (language native to where he was born, the capital of Cameroon), Bafang, Bagante, Bana, Bandgoun, Bassa, Bayangam, Ewondo and Tchang). He participated in a program through Montclair Prep to help feed the homeless up to twice a week and says it is his dream to come to the United States and make enough money to go back to Africa and help the needy.

He's only got 6 years of exposure to American football, beginning in HS as a D-Lineman. At Colorado he started a game as a DT as a freshman against the Utes and finished it as the team's starting RT, so he's already made the "Cable switch".
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:23 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I like this guy:

He speaks English, French and Spanish and 11 different African dialects: Bafoussam (his mother’s tribe), Bangoua (his father’s tribe), Douala (language native to where he was born, the capital of Cameroon), Bafang, Bagante, Bana, Bandgoun, Bassa, Bayangam, Ewondo and Tchang). He participated in a program through Montclair Prep to help feed the homeless up to twice a week and says it is his dream to come to the United States and make enough money to go back to Africa and help the needy.

He's only got 6 years of exposure to American football, beginning in HS as a D-Lineman. At Colorado he started a game as a DT as a freshman against the Utes and finished it as the team's starting RT, so he's already made the "Cable switch".

One thing's for sure, your guy won't be taken by the Cowboys. Too much class, he wouldn't fit into their organization.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:59 am

He didn't look that good in the Shrine Game, but considering his lack of experience, he might be a project that could work.
Cable likes the guys who are more athletic, though so I doubt he would be on their radar - at least not very high on their list.

I expect us to trade down a few times as we don't have a 5th or 6th pick this year (Kelcie McCray and Mohammed Seisay).
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Athleticism's not his problem at all. He's athletic enough to develop into either a left or right tackle in the pros. His problem is strictly how raw he is right now. I don't think of him as an early draft choice anyway. Whoever drafts him is going to be tucking him away as a prospect and they all know that.

Rob Rang had him on his list of players that improved their stock in with the E/W Shrine game, but he looks at the whole week of practice too.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

One game doesn't mean much, but I saw a few times when the speed rushers got around him quickly.
I hope he does well and makes a lot of money so he can execute his humanitarian plans.
It's an admirable and selfless goal he's made for himself.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Sounds like a great guy. at 6'7" and 318 LBs, he'd be a load for sure. Any insight on how he does on Cable's beloved SPARQ tests?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:49 pm

And here's our replacement for BamBam if he leaves: Miles Killabrew out of Southern Utah, 6'3, 230

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGl0nYVDT2s
Last edited by c_hawkbob on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:49 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:And here's our replacement for BamBam if he leaves: Miles Killabrew out of Southern Utah, 63, 230

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGl0nYVDT2s

He looks pretty good for 63. I thought his eligibility would be up by now. :lol:

The link suggests he's better at coverage than Kam was at this stage of his career.
He'd be a worthy successor if they go that route, but one question might be does he have a similar leadership quality?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:42 pm

NorthHawk wrote:He looks pretty good for 63. I thought his eligibility would be up by now. :lol:

The link suggests he's better at coverage than Kam was at this stage of his career.
He'd be a worthy successor if they go that route, but one question might be does he have a similar leadership quality?

Yeah oops, fixed it.

Can't pretend to be enough of a southern Utah fan to know about his leadership traits. I looked up his highlights because Mayock was talking about him during the Senior Bowl, saying he'd never seen a safety with so many of his highlights causing the other guy to go the opposite direction even with a full head of steam. Seemed to be saying a lot since Mayock famously devours film on these guys ...
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:28 pm

In view of the fact that I now am the proud owner of a 31 Chancellor jersey, I can confidently say that Cam's not going anywhere except blasting directly into the shoulder pads of Seahawk opponents next year.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 pm

If they draft him, then we might see Kam being moved during the draft.
If not, I wonder if one of our former DCs will take him as part of building their Defense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Here's another guy that fits the bill physically.
Jayron Kearse 6'4, 220 lbs 4.5 in the 40 according to NFLDraftScout.com.

His highlight films are all about his ball skills, and the comments about him is he is ultra competitive.
I don't know if he hits like Killabrew or Kam, though.

That being said, I'd rather have Kam in the fold than a draft pick, but we don't have a 5th or 6th pick this year so John might think Kam is expendable for some picks if he drafts one of these two guys. As well, I can see us moving down more than once this year. I hope it isn't at the expense of some very good players.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Unfortunately, Staton doesn't know we traded away our 5th and 6th round picks for Sesay and McCray.
I like his first 4 picks, though. Tretola is someone I think will go earlier than the 4th round, maybe as high as the 2nd round or early 3rd. I also agree that the middle of the OL is where to start the improvements to keep the pressure from up the middle.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:25 pm

The draft order will change from today, too with some teams (most likely us) trading out of the 26th spot to accumulate more picks in the middle rounds.
As well, I believe we can now trade the compensatory picks, so that might be an option to move up as well if a player they really covet unexpectedly falls as happened with Tyler Lockett.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Not having researched anything, here's my great hope for this draft ... we trade down from the 1st Round, and pick up a CB and OT in the 2nd Round ... guys that are mad they didn't get taken in the 1st.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum