1st and 2nd All Seahawk Team

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

1st and 2nd All Seahawk Team

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

So, I created a thread which we've done from time to time. To create the ALL HAWK TEAM, 1st and 2nd. I don't know where it went??

Before I RE-create my list, is there any interest?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Re: 1st and 2nd All Seahawk Team

Postby obiken » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

It's the off season, so why not? Besides, you never know where these threads wind up going.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 am

Hawk Sista wrote:So, I created a thread which we've done from time to time. To create the ALL HAWK TEAM, 1st and 2nd. I don't know where it went??

Maybe you sent it to your staff in an Email!!
Now they know what you do all day in your office. :D

It would be interesting to read others opinions, Sis.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

Hawk Sista wrote:So, I created a thread which we've done from time to time. To create the ALL HAWK TEAM, 1st and 2nd. I don't know where it went??

How long ago did you create the first one? And I'm in on providing my input on another.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:05 pm

OK, I apologize to Sis for jumping the gun, but here goes my shot off of plain old memory:

Offense: QB Russell Wilson, RB Beast FB Strong OT Walt, House Ballard OG Hutch, Millard C Tobeck TE Fauria. WR Largent, Galloway.

Defense: DE Bennett, Jacob Green. DT Tez, Nash. MLB Wagner. OLB Brown, ? CB Sherman, D. Brown. S Easley, Thomas.

K Hauschka. P Ryan.

ST Fredd Young

PR, KR Lockett

HC Pete

Owner PA

Broadcaster Pete Gross

Top Fan: River Dog
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:40 pm

K Josh Brown over haushka imo
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:45 pm

No worries, RD - let em fly.

I know you were kidding, NorhtHawk....but the time I spend making the occasional comment on here during the work day pales in comparison to the countless evening and weekend hours I spend working...and everyone @ work knows that and that am a lunatic of a Hawk fan. In addition to other things, I have the SI magazine cover with Sherm tipping the ball to Malcolm in the 13 NFCCG proudly hanging in my office...and I live in whiner country. :shock: :o :lol:

How long ago did you create the first one? And I'm in on providing my input on another.

I was starting to offer my thoughts in the Beast or Kurt thread and started a new one. I dunno when exactly, but within the last week.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Like the All Pro team, we get a 1st team and 2nd.... There's no shame in 2nd team.

1st Team 2nd Team
Head Coach
1. Pete. 2. Mike

Offense
QB
1. Wilson 2. Hass
RB
1. Lynch 3. Shaun
FB
1. Mack 2. John L
T
1. Walter 2. Steve August
Guard
1. Futch 2. Gray
Center
1. Robbie 2. Max
TE
1. Graham 2. Christian
WR1
1. Largent 2. Jackson (sorry – still mad at Joey)
WR2
1. Baldwin 2. Engram

Special Teams
K
1. Haushka 2. Brown
P
1. Ryan 2. Tuten
Returner
1. Leon 2. Lockett (something tells me this kid will be #1 soon)
ST standout
1. Big Play Babs 2. Lockette

Defense
DE
1. Bryant 2. Green (Bennett closing in)
DT
2. Tez 2. Nash (Mebane closing in)
LBS (I didn't really know how to chop these up)
Bobby Chad Lofa
FS
1. Earl 2. Eugene
SS
1. Kenny (should be in the HOF) 2. Kam
CB
1. Dave 2. Sherman (1 more year and he'll take over)

Owner
Paul

#1 Fan
DUH! me

#1 least favorite poster
Future

Miss the most
Greg, Swinny
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:23 am

You must have forgotten about CP Returns. No comparison whatsoever between him and Future. I also remember Boot and Fist, Rambo, and a couple of Steeler trolls. Or how about Bear Man?

My most missed poster is Bird Droppings (although I frequently communicate with him via email). His writing style/sense of humor is top notch.

DJack? You mean DDrop? No way he makes even our current team IMO. I'd take Bobby Engram before I'd take DDrop. But I hear ya about being mad at Galloway. If not Galloway, I would have gone with Brian Blades.

I had forgotten about Steve August. Dusting off some cob webs. Blair Bush should probably have gotten a mention at C. And Jimmy Graham at TE? He only played in 11 games! I'd take Jeremy Stevens before I'd take Graham. After Cristian Whatshisname, I'd go with Charle Young. Nice guy as I recall. Good security blanket for Krieg, fair blocker.

I probably would have added Keith Butler and Bruce Shultz into that LB mix. Solid starters.

Anyway, a lot of fodder for discussion. Good topic, sis.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 am

Obi's Team

Head Coach

Pete, Chucky, Hon mention Holmy.

Worst Coach
Patera. No water, really?

QB

Wilson, Zorn close behind Hass Worse Kelly Stouffer

RB

Beast, Warner Hon Mention SA, Warren.

FB
Strong, John L, Hon mention Dan Dornick

TE
Young, Wilson

WR 1
Largent, Galloway. Hon mention Blades. Worst Kdrop

WR 2

Baldwin, Engy

Tackles

Walter, Ray Roberts

Centers

Bush, Max.. Hon mention Tobeck.

Guards
Hutch, Reggie Mac, Hon mention Grey.

STeams:

Return

Leon, TL

Kickers

Hausky, Brown, Hon mention E. H.

Punters

Tuten, Ryan

DT
Tez, Mebane, Hon Men Nash

DE
Bennett, Green Hon Mentions Sinclair and Clemmons

LB's

Bobby, Lofta, Chad. Hon Mention Butler, Dave Wyman.

Strong Safeties

Ken Easley, Kam

Free Safeties

Earl, ER Hon mention Hamlin

Corners

Sherm, Brown. Hon mentions Trufant, Springs.

Owner
Paul, unanimous choice! Hon Mention John Nordstrom

Worst owner
Darth Bering

#1 Fan
River, C-bob, Hawk Sista. Cant separate them.

Of all time
My Dad. He had a Hawk pin on his VA hat, died in 98. Never stopped believing.

Miss the most

Gregg, Raven Hawk, SOE.

Least Fav
None on this site Hon mention: ME on draft day!

PI forum Tailgator, Philli55.

Favorite Hawk of all time

Ken Easley, he hit like he was shot out of a gun, and covered like a wet blanket.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:32 am

Obi;

Thanks for putting me on your list.

Doornick was a running back, not a fullback. David Hughes was our FB during that time.

Good call about Tailgator. I'd forgotten about him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:02 am

Dr. Dan played FB, though after Warner went down for the season he was the "better" runner and played RB. Both Hughes and Doornink were FBs for the majority of their careers.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:25 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Dr. Dan played FB, though after Warner went down for the season he was the "better" runner and played RB. Both Hughes and Doornink were FBs for the majority of their careers.

Now that you mention it, I think you are right. I stand corrected.

In any event, I wouldn't give Dr. Dan as high of a grade as Obi did. He was a serviceable back and held his own, but I don't think his efforts were significant enough to be included on an all star team of a 40 year old franchise.

BTW my first boss out of college boxed Dr. Dan's dad in his younger days, knocked him out, not sure what round.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:35 pm

First team:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Shaun Alexander
FB - Mack Strong
WR - Steve Largent
WR - Doug Baldwin
TE - Mike Tice
T - Walter Jones
T - Howard Ballard
G - Steve Huchinson
G - Chris Gray
C - Robbie Tobeck

DT - Cortez Kennedy
DT - Joe Nash
DE - Jacob Green
DE - Michael Sinclair
LB - Lofa Tatupu
LB - Bobby Wagner
LB - Chad Brown
S - Kenny Easley
S - Earl Thomas
CB - Richard Sherman
CB - Dave Brown

Head Coach - Pete Carroll
Owner - Paul Allen

*I know I'm cheating a little as far as inside and outside and strong and free on the back seven of the defense but I don't care these are the guys that deserve first team.

Second Team:

QB - Matthew Hasselbeck
RB - Marshawn Lynch
FB - John L Williams
WR - Bobby Engram
WR - Brian Blades
TE - John Carlson
T - Russell Okung
T - Sean Locklear
G - Brian Millard
G - Edwin Baily
C - Blair Bush

DT - Brandon Mebane
DT - Sam Adams
DE - Jeff Briant
DE - Patrick Kerney
LB - KJ Wright
LB - Julian Peterson
LB - Terry Wooden
S - Kam Chancellor
S - Eugene Robinson
CB - Marcus Trufant
CB - Shawn Springs

Head Coach - Mike Holmgren
Owner - The Nordstom Family

As long as we're passing out props to us fans, in addition to those already mentioned shout out to Tennessee, Pabst, Riverhawk, Seahawker (even though I don't think he liked me) and QB (cause I got a kick outa him trying to convince us Kyle Boller was gonna be the best ever).

And obi, I love you too man. You and Sis and Riv and Roach and that one Old guy (and everyone here) are all like family.
Last edited by c_hawkbob on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Some of my choices, as warned, are kinda just who I felt like putting at the moment. Graham is admittedly a way questionable pick after only playing a partial season. As mediocre as everyone felt like he was in this offense, our whole offense was mediocre the first half of the season and he was still on pace to break the franchise records for TEs. He had 606 yards in 11 games and the record for a TE in a Hawk O was Carlson with 660 in 16 games. Graham was gaining steam, not losing it and was on his way to 900 yards or better. If we are going strictly on the past and production, one would need to consider Carlson, Fauria, and Itula Mili and even the crazed Jeremy spoke in class today Stevens. I'd probably pick Fauria/Mili and then Zach if I can't take Graham yet. While Miller never caught that many balls, he sure could make a beautiful catch when not asked to block his ass off. The dude had grit and I really liked him. Willson also continues to impress me by making great catches (but missing some easy ones....grrrr). If he continues his progress, he may well make the list in short order. I'd sure rather have him than McDonald - the 49ers TE drafted 3 rounds earlier from the same school. I am really hoping that Luke and Jimmy can be healthy at the same time - that could be awesome.

I'm sticking with D-Jack............ I understand some of the old frustrations, but still think he remains a tad underrated. He played 4 fewer years than Blades and had more yards per catch (like 1.5 ypc more) and 13 more TDs. Maybe my memories of Brian are sullied because he largely played in the forgotten decade. Being our best receiver in 1992 was hardly joy-producing, if you know what I mean.

Good additions to the LB corps. I was drawing blanks.
Last edited by Hawk Sista on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:15 pm

Nice lists Obi and Bob. Hard to argue.

The thing about Tice is I always think of this when I think of him: :oops: :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... -9AdWthjfU
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:50 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:And obi, I love you too man. You and Sis and Riv and Roach and that one Old guy (and everyone here) are all like family.

Thanks for the inclusion, Cbob. I know I can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

I hesitate to acknowledge favorite posters as I'm too afraid of overlooking someone. Suffice it to say that if there was any one individual in here that I didn't like that I wouldn't frequent this place as much as I do.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:22 pm

I know...... me too. I even felt bad about acknowledging those I miss most. There are so many I left out. I miss river and Rott and many others. I agree with Bob; I love you guys. I realized how much when the PI was closing down and I felt the need to be connected to you bastards through e Super Bowl run. ;) ;)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:23 pm

One poster I miss is rky. He left the PI a few months before they closed down the forums then made one post here just to tell us that he was alive and well and that was it. He was a good football mind and a very able debater on a lot of issues.

One poster I didn't care for was aseahawkfan. He ran off several good posters with his very caustic, aggressive style, insulted a lot of posters. I know of several that he ran off and he caused Obi to leave the PI for a period of time. The Blue is a good place for him with all those Kool Aid drinkers.

I actually feel bad that I contributed to our running off Anthony, but I had a hard time forcing myself not to call him out. He's still posting over at .net so I guess it wasn't so bad so as to make him completely swear off blogging and seems more at home amongst the many more posters that frequent that site vs. this one. That's one bad thing about a low traffic site: There's no where to hide if you harbor a minority opinion. You have to have a thick skin.

I guess one of the one differences I've had with the majority of posters in here is our attitudes towards Futureite. Although I didn't agree with him very much, he never got under my skin like he did you folks. I felt that the benefits of hearing from a poster from the enemy camp was worth all the biases he displayed. CP Returns, with his annoying back handed compliments, was much more irritating IMO.

Funny how these threads wander, isn't it?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:04 pm

And therein lies the difference. Anthony was Anthony. Sure, irritating and a vociferous support of one specific view. He didn't drive me nuts, while Future made me & others nuts. He was passive aggressive, IMHO, and goaded us unnecessarily with wildly vascilating takes. So you couldn't handle one personality, but it seems that you are judging others not being able to deal w/ another. Love you RD. I really do but it seems you aren't playing fair. It bothered me that folks tolerated that troll as long as we did.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:And therein lies the difference. Anthony was Anthony. Sure, irritating and a vociferous support of one specific view. He didn't drive me nuts, while Future made me & others nuts. He was passive aggressive, IMHO, and goaded us unnecessarily with wildly vascilating takes. So you couldn't handle one personality, but it seems that you are judging others not being able to deal w/ another. Love you RD. I really do but it seems you aren't playing fair. It bothered me that folks tolerated that troll as long as we did.

Yes, Futureite did what you said he did, and there was times that his goading bothered me as well. But the difference... to me, that is..is that Futureite would occasionally admit to being wrong...not on everything or the most important things, such as his opinion of Russell Wilson and Aldon Smith, but at least on some things. I was much more tolerant of his minority opinions than others, perhaps because I've been in the minority on so many occasions myself and sort of felt sorry for him. I don't think that should be considered not playing fair, quite the contrary. Futureite hadn't always goaded posters like he did there at the end. He seemed to get more and more aggressive as time went on, so I quit defending him.

Anthony, on the other hand, never admitted to being wrong about anything, would cherry pick stats that supported his position and discount those that didn't, not admit to having said things like Russell had zero responsibility for the SB 49 pick after we had debated that statement of his for months (he denied having said it over in .net). He would stiffen his neck and dig in his heels, which infuriated me. He had this habit of addressing me as "dude", which did get under my skin. He might as well called me "you idiot" as it had the same effect. My weakness was that I wouldn't let it go, wouldn't let him go on living in his own little world, and kept after him, hounded him, until he left. That's my bad, and your observation of my not treating him fairly is on the mark.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:15 am

RiverDog wrote:Obi;

Thanks for putting me on your list.

Doornick was a running back, not a fullback. David Hughes was our FB during that time.

Good call about Tailgator. I'd forgotten about him.

Your right on Doornick, sorry. Hughes wasnt a bad fullback either to me.
I couldn't stand Tail. I really couldn't. Phili drove a lot of people off the Husky site, like Global.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:18 am

C-bob you know a guy we are forgetting is Grant Wistrom even though he was a Ram first and also John Randle.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:44 am

Both Wistrom and Randle finished their careers in Seattle, but didn't actually play very long for them Clemmons had a far more productive career both in terms of success and longevity... Hell Kerney also outperformed both. Not saying they were "bad" players, just IMHO they don't belong anywhere near an "all time" Seahawks list any more than Jerry Rice and Franco Harris do. Jeff Bryant, Jacob Green, Michael Sinclair, even Michael McCrary did quite a bit more than Wistrom or Randle no matter how much I admired them prior to their Seattle careers.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:49 am

I hear ya RD. I never believed that Future was being authentic. I always felt like his comments were a ruse. If I led to him leaving, so be it. He was a passive aggressive faker trying to goad the 12s, imho. A troll through and through. I was frustrated at myself for being frustrated w/ him...but, man-o-man was I. ;-)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:07 am

Wow, this thread is all over the board. Kinda like it that way. Who says that we always have to stay on topic?

Obi and HC, thanks for throwing out those names of former Hawks. The mere mention of them dusts off a lot of fond memories. Great thread!

Sis, glad you fessed up about frustrating yourself regarding Futureite. That's the goal of any troll. CP achieved that same goal with me as Futureite did with you... he pissed me off just as he intended to do. It is a weakness of ours.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:05 am

HumanCockroach wrote:Both Wistrom and Randle finished their careers in Seattle, but didn't actually play very long for them Clemmons had a far more productive career both in terms of success and longevity... Hell Kerney also outperformed both. Not saying they were "bad" players, just IMHO they don't belong anywhere near an "all time" Seahawks list any more than Jerry Rice and Franco Harris do. Jeff Bryant, Jacob Green, Michael Sinclair, even Michael McCrary did quite a bit more than Wistrom or Randle no matter how much I admired them prior to their Seattle careers.

Human, your a smart guy. Not always nice, but a smart football mind! Human, did you ever notice that Holmy, was always looking for that DL that could dominate? Reggie in GB, Wistrom, Kerney, Randle, ect ect!
Its a really close call Human whether you put Sinclair, Bryant or Bennett, at the other DE. I cant down grade someone either way. Bennett will be the guy in 2 years. DT I went Brandon, because believe it or not, he is heading into his 10 year as a hawk.
Tez, Largent, and Easley, are the 3 main ones I wish had a ring!
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 am

Wistrom was a lot better than his numbers while he was with us. I put together a few posts back in the day looking at the stats of the rest of the line with and without Grant in the lineup. Randle is one of my top 10 favorite football players of all time, but his truly great years were as a Viking. I did consider both, but couldn't see bumping Mebane or Adams off the second team ... We'll call John and Grant Honorable mention (now that's a big list!).

You're absolutely right about Holmgren always looking for the next Reggie White, can you blame him?
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 am

Great thread. It reminds me of how my feeble memory is having trouble recalling position players from the old days. Its an easy bias when the current crop is as successful as they have been. Fun reading though...
Ill avoid the line picks and just do skill positions
Qb Wilson,Hass
RB Beast, SA
FB John L,Mack
WR Ill pick 3 Largent,ADB,Brian Blades
TE Graham,Stevens
K Haushka,Norm Johnson
Coach PC, Knox
Owner PA, Nordstroms
#1 fan whatsurprob (trust me on this)
Favorite poster. Everyone on the shack, its my only hangout.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:37 am

Here's mine:
Coach 1. Pete 2. Knox
Offense
QB 1. Wilson 2. Hasselbeck
HB 1. Lynch 2. Alexander
FB 1. Strong 2. John L. Williams
WR1 1. Largent 2. Blades WR2 1. Engram 2. Baldwin (Galloway nearly made it but he left too soon, if he'd played here longer though...still ticks me off.)
TE 1. Tice 2. ? Graham will be that guy soon, just hasn't put in the time yet. So I'll just say Graham.
Tackle1 1. Walter Jones 2. Steve August Tackle2 1.Howard Ballard 2. Ron Essink
Guard1 1. Hutch 2. Edwin Bailey Guard2 1. Pete Kendall 2. Andy Heck
Center 1. Blair Bush 2. Robbie Tobeck
Defense
D-Line (I'm using a 4-3 format just so I can get in more DE's)
DE1 1. Jacob Green 2. Michael Sinclair DE2 1. Michael Bennett 2. Patrick Kerney (so many others nearly made it, Wistrom, Bryant, Clemons etc...)
DT1 1. Cortez 2. Joe Nash DT2 1. Rocky Bernard 2. Mebane (almost threw in Sam Adams)
OLB's1 1. Chad Brown 2. Rufus Porter OLB's2 1. Julian Peterson 2. K.J. Wright
MLB's 1. Bobby Wagner 2. Lofa Tatupu
Corners1 1. Richard Sherman 2. Dave Brown Corners2 1. Shawn Springs 2. Marcus Trufant
Safeties1 1. Ken Easley 2. Eugene Robinson Safties2 1. Earl Thomas 2. Kam Chancellor
(wow I've left so many good ones off in the secondary!)
Special teams
Kicker 1. Norm Johnson 2. Haushka
Punter 1. Jon Ryan 2. Rick (rootin) Tuten
KR/PR 1. Washington 2. Tyler Lockett (yes in just one season he's already that good IMO. Wait until he moves into the #2 WR slot behind Largent, it's only matter of time until he does.)
other ST honorable mentions Fredd Young, Alex Bannister, Charlie Rogers, Nate Burleson, Joey Galloway
monkey
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Sista,

I loved your list. Mine would be extremely close. I especially liked your recognition of Dave Brown and Daryl Jackson ... two guys that seem to get lost sometimes in the annals of Seahawk memories (granted, one of 'em is in our Ring of Honor).

Only one I would definitely change: TE. Graham is good, but he hasn't earned it as an all-time Seahawk for me. I'll go with John Carlson and Mike Tice.

Others I'd mull, but eventually agree with you on:'
RB: I think I agree with Marshawn and Shaun, but to leave out Curt Warner .... ugghh that's hard!
QB: I know I won't get much empathy with this one, but I'm one of the seemingly few fans out there who LOVED Dave Kreig. Still, yeah ... I think I'd stick with RW and Hasselbeck over him ... I guess I LOVE them more!

I'm TORN on #2 coach:
I might just take Chuck Knox over Mike Holmgren. Such a hard choice. I'm takin' a mulligan here.

Potential honorable mentions for me:
Ben Obamanu on special teams.
Paul Skansi as a #5 receiver/bench warmer.
Zach Miller as TE.
Old Blitz.
King Dogs.
King Dome.

Nice list!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:10 pm

No one here likes Jeremy Stevens for the TE spot?
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:55 pm

I do, but he was a guy that let his issues limit his production, a lot of people can't or won't forgive that, much in the way they simply can't bring themselves to put Hutch on a list like this. Stevens would be my "all time" Hawks TE, and Warner, Schultz, Robinson would make the list as well. Ultimately it's an opinion and not much else.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:57 am

EmeraldBullet wrote:No one here likes Jeremy Stevens for the TE spot?

I mentioned him further up the thread, in response to Sis's inclusion of Jimmy Graham.

Stevens was a big factor in our 2005 SB run. Along with Joe Juravicious, they created a lot of matchup problems, particularly in the red zone. He was what Jimmy Graham was supposed to be.

But like my refusal to put DJack on any kind of an all Seahawks team Stevens dropped way too many god damn passes, especially the one in XL, plus like HC says, he was just too much of a dip chit and couldn't keep his nose clean. A waste of a talent.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:01 am

Juravicious ... now that's a guy I liked a lot. Not a lot of time with the Seahawks (2-3 years?), but man he was good and I loved his attitude.

Yeah ... on Stevens, I think he may have been the most talented, most impacting. But he was a douche-bag and unfortunately, I think his contributions were mitigated by his poor attitude ... so he doesn't make my #1, #2, #3, or #10 teams.

I don't see Jackson in the same light. He and Hasselbeck definitely had a connection on the field. And while he gets knocked for being lazy and missing practices (I think that was the rub), I also think he got legitimately screwed over by the FO (was told one thing one year, then not honored the next). Sure, maybe he didn't handle it the best way ... but neither did Kam, and I still love that guy. But Jackson was phenominal on mid to long-range passes into the end-zone. I think he was a good guy (although I'll admit that's hard to tell from the stands), but he was a great player.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:11 am

RiverDog wrote:No one here likes Jeremy Stevens for the TE spot?

No, he was a big time bust.
He played only three years here, and failed MISERABLY to ever come even close to living up to his draft spot.
He made HORRIBLE drops when he was needed the most, including the Super Bowl, and he was a world class LOSER as a human being.
So, no, no Stevens doesn't even come close to making the list.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:02 am

I had Stevens as my #2 TE. Graham is my #1 based purely on projection, much like Lockette is the best returner we ever had and maybe a great receiver when he's done. I got to go with Lockette(Ricardo), over Obu as gunner. Lockette also caught a ball in the SB 48 win while Obomanu ran the wrong route on the "we want the ball and were going to score" play.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:04 am

monkey wrote:"No one here likes Jeremy Stevens for the TE spot?"
No, he was a big time bust.
He played only three years here, and failed MISERABLY to ever come even close to living up to his draft spot.
He made HORRIBLE drops when he was needed the most, including the Super Bowl, and he was a world class LOSER as a human being.
So, no, no Stevens doesn't even come close to making the list.

You misquoted me, monkey. I was quoting Em Bullet.

I agree with you for the most part, but Stevens did have a solid year in 2005 during our SB run so I would stop short of your statement about never coming close to living up to his draft selection, but I'd never put him on an all star team for a franchise that is preparing to celebrate their 40th season.

All I said was that I would have put him on the team ahead of Jimmy Graham, who hasn't done anything and has only played in 11 games. There's a dozen other Hawk tight ends I'd select ahead of Stevens, but based on his performance as a Hawk, one of them would not have been Jimmy Graham.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum