Weather a Factor for NFCCG?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Weather a Factor for NFCCG?

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 am

For this Sunday in Seattle

30 percent chance of rain.
40-50 degrees.
Wind at only 6 mph.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Weather a Factor for NFCCG?

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:26 am

Sounds like perfect January weather in the NW to me.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 am

Yeah, sounds nice. weather shouldn't be a factor then, unless something dramatically changes. Thanks for posting.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:For this Sunday in Seattle

40-50 degrees.
Wind at only 6 mph.

That's perfect football weather right there! Even a little rain is a good thing, keeps the ball from building up any oils or dirt on it, keeps it tackier.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:For this Sunday in Seattle

40-50 degrees.
Wind at only 6 mph.

40-50 degrees is ideal. Players aren't as likely to get over heated but it's warm enough to where you don't need gloves or any other extra garments. New Jersey would consider themselves lucky to have weather like this two weeks from this coming Sunday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Good news on the wind end of things, as it seemed to affect Bevell's play calling somewhat, while the run game was working well anyway.

So ready for this game. Radio here in the bay area of CA is combing over every angle on how SF can win this game, going as far as to declare Kaepernick a better QB (at the moment) than RW. The catch is that Wilson is having to deal with an OL that isn't giving him enough time, overall, to stay in the pocket, while CK's poor play is a direct result of poor decision making.

Cannot wait for this thing to get underway. I know our home mojo isn't as dominant as it was before the AZ loss, but we've still won 2 in a row at The Clink, and the 49ers have A LOT to prove when it comes to playing anything that resembles a good game in Seattle.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Zorn76 wrote:Good news on the wind end of things, as it seemed to affect Bevell's play calling somewhat, while the run game was working well anyway.

So ready for this game. Radio here in the bay area of CA is combing over every angle on how SF can win this game, going as far as to declare Kaepernick a better QB (at the moment) than RW. The catch is that Wilson is having to deal with an OL that isn't giving him enough time, overall, to stay in the pocket, while CK's poor play is a direct result of poor decision making.

Cannot wait for this thing to get underway. I know our home mojo isn't as dominant as it was before the AZ loss, but we've still won 2 in a row at The Clink, and the 49ers have A LOT to prove when it comes to playing anything that resembles a good game in Seattle.

Kaepernick's completion percentage for the two playoff games is 5 points lower and his passer rating 10 points lower than they were in the regular season, so I can't see how they think he's playing that much better than Russell has been.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Well, that just shows how desperate radio is down here in niner country, lol.

Seattle needs to establish early momentum - just like they did against the Saints - then keep the pedal floored and not let up. The prevent D reared it's ugly head, as it usually does, allowing New Orleans to get within one score. This was key since we botched the subsequent onside kick.

Bevell would be wise to throw early. We're gonna have to, because they're gonna force our hand to do so, IMO. Lynch can only do so much. It can't be the usual run on 1st and 2nd, then hoping it's 3rd and short to move the chains. RW is gonna need to sharpen his accuracy just a bit - he missed some easy, short slants on Saturday, and our WR's need to get rid of their case of the dropsies.

I'm calling this one 31-20, Seahawks.

I think we create a couple short fields from Kaepernick INT's, which allows our struggling offense to punch it in without having to drive 80 yds.

I'm catching a bit of flak over at The Blue (go figure), for calling out our OL. Others claim our pass protection was fine, even though we were sacked 3 times. Not an outrageous number, but to me it falls more so on the shoulders up front than it does our WR's overall. Our OC needs to adjust his play calling as well. All this grouped together has spelled trouble for us in recent weeks.

I think we prevail. I just want to see some semblance of our old passing game as a significant reason for doing so.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:09 pm

That's pretty much the way I see it too Zorn.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Everything you said in your last post Zorn +1
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm

You can only ride the Beast for so long. It's time to unleash the Dogs! I don't think Bevell has the balls or knowhow to put together a game plan that gets this Offense out of it's current Funk! He knows what he has, now it's time to work with it and stop hiding behind the D!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Distant Relative wrote:You can only ride the Beast for so long.

I understand that you all want the passing game to look better than it has, but I completely disagree with the above statement.
I wasn't aware of an expiration date on physical smashmouth football.
You can ride the Beast, until they FORCE you to stop, which is exactly what we did against the Saints, in the windy weather that made passing such a risk.

No, the more I think about it, the more I just completely disagree. I hope we don't need to rely on our passing game at all!
I'd MUCH rather see us work our offense the way it was designed, we just feed the Beast, until he pounds the Niners into submission.
I LIKE what we did vs. the Saints, except for the inability to adjust to the hurry up tempo Saints offense in the fourth quarter.
Did Russell miss some passes? Yep. Did you see the sloppy garbage Brees was heaving up??? Did you seethe two dropped picks? We should have blown that team out!! We were killing them until the fourth quarter, there was ZERO reason to panic and start throwing the ball all over the place.

I never saw a reason to stop riding the Beast in that game, and I hope we never do against the Niners too...we have had a lot of success running the ball against them lately, I see no reason why that shouldn't continue.
monkey
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:09 am

In that game, I completely agree with you Monkey. I think many of us overall want an improved passing attack. Without that, the run game will slow down again. You got to keep the opposing D honest.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm

I understand that you all want the passing game to look better than it has, but I completely disagree with the above statement.
I wasn't aware of an expiration date on physical smashmouth football.
You can ride the Beast, until they FORCE you to stop, which is exactly what we did against the Saints, in the windy weather that made passing such a risk.

I get what you're saying, and there is truth to that effect.
But with the wind forecasted to be a non factor, along with the 49ers vulnerability in the secondary, I think we do see a significant improvement in the passing game.
If RW is able to throw, then it really puts SF's D in a bind, because it increases the odds of seeing some Beat Mode break away runs out of the backfield.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm all for whatever works to get the W! I think we'd all feel a little better w/ more balance and more than a career low in PY for RW. At the end of the day - I'm happy if we win 2-zip.

All that said, I'd love to see:
A pick 6 for our D
115+ and a TD from Beast
190+ and a TD each to Tate & Wilson
Some of the above can be made possible by the threat of Percy, who can get 5 catches for 70 yards + a 23 yard run.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:42 pm

All I wanna see is Bam Bam hit Kaeperdink so hard that he starts sliding when defenders are 10 yards away.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum