Cam is EXACTLY who we thought he was.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Cam is EXACTLY who we thought he was.

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 pm

No need to elaborate. Bad mechanics, poor accuracy, poor sport, toughness isn't shown when everything is going your way, makes me appreciate a true great QB in Seattle versus that garbage.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Re: Cam is EXACTLY who we thought he was.

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:40 pm

I wouldn't call him garbage, but he has some growing up to do.
Some take longer to mature than others, and some never do, but he has a long career in front of him yet.
Once he figures out it's not all about him things will change.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:44 pm

The Hype got to him. Moreover, Denver did what I said all teams should do, put a spy on him, stop the run and put your best guy on Olsen. They had the perfect game plan. They'll be back.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 pm

They had the perfect game plan. They'll be back.

Yes they did, but no they won't.

And yeah, Cam showed precisely who he is tonight. I hate taking one game as proof of anything, but he looked like typical Cam tonight- when he can't wind up like a relief pitcher and throw the ball looking at the 3rd row, he borders on being a liability.

If you don't need a QB to contribute anything but a couple home runs here and there, Cam's your man. If, however, you need a QB who can do what it takes to win, or get back into, a game, Cam is *not* your man.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:10 pm

I pretty much agree with all the previous posts. Cam is way over rated as a quarterback. I wouldn't even call him second tier after the way he played tonight. As was stated, his accuracy was way off.

Plus I was personally glad to see that A-hole go down in flames. Great game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:20 pm

I have no issue with how Cam played during the game. It was no different then watching the Seattle D, two years ago dismantle #1 offense and Mr. Peyton Manning. However, I think he become a total Jackoff after the game, during his "Marshawn Lynch" interview with the media minute when he dissed the very same media that he called out this past week for being judgmental about him being a jackoff. Racist? No. You're just who we thought you were!

Makes me really appreciated Russell that much more. Russell after losing to the Pats was 100% professional, calm, complementing of Brady... Cam should of taken notes.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 am

No class. It' easy to be chuckles the clown when you win, a little tougher to lose like a winner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -interview

Contrast that, with this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsYJ5XxCJ0

Or this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GN47PFinz_4
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:42 am

Yeah cam really looked off all night, but his post game presser really showed what a lot of us already knew. It's easy to be a leader when everything is going well but it's how you handle adversity that will ultimately define you. It's also telling, IMO that his QB coach and O coordinator were out there listening to his presser, trying to get him to take his good off and improve his body language. A real leader doesn't need to be babysat in that situation.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:51 am

I know this isn't about cam, but Norman blamed thee officials for the loss, LOL!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -two-teams
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:08 am

How can anybody explain this play. The strip sack by Von miller and the ball rolling on the ground. Cam has a chance to jump on it and fight for the ball, instead he reacts to it like it is a live grenade, literally jumping backwards. The game was 16-10 at that point. Just crazy.

Super Bowl Can't-Miss Play: Miller timeWatch more videos >00:00/01:06

Looks like the link to the video didn't work, here's a link to a good article that also has the video!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -criticism
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:46 am

The Panthers had such an easy time of it all year - regular season and playoffs - that I did wonder what would happen if they faced some actual adversity.

And, well, they got it, lol.

They also wet their pants on the game's biggest stage...and it was Awesome to see!

The magnitude of the SB did get to them, surpassed only by the Broncos stellar defense. Denver managed, much to their credit, of yet again rag dolling the opposing QB. Completely shutdown Newton, and clean wiped that annoying smile right off his pretty boy face.

Great to see.

Beyond that, yeah, Cam....Failed miserably post game. I didn't expect the guy to be flashing any grins after but, boy, did he regress afterwards to the point of nullifying any good will he had established when they were racking up W's last fall.

He is a baby. I'm just so glad Denver pulled this off, honestly. Manning gets to (and hope he does) go out on top. The Broncos redeem themselves from the whoopin' we gave them 2 yrs ago (already?!), and they do it against one of the more annoying, self absorbed teams in recent memory.

I also think that the Panthers will suffer the SB hangover that goes with losing this game. They were exposed tonight, and I could easily see them missing the postseason next year because of it. If nothing else, Carolina - and their infantile leader - proved to the world how fragile they are.

The Broncos deserve all the credit for the win (they should've won this game more easily), and it couldn't have happened in better fashion.

Congratulations to the Denver Broncos.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 am

Guess I shoulda opened this thread before posting in the "Hat's off" thread ...

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:30 am

I have no issue with how Cam played during the game. It was no different then watching the Seattle D, two years ago dismantle #1 offense and Mr. Peyton Manning.

Difference is Manning is/was a great QB- Cam is and has always been overrated as a QB. He's not a great passer, and has no heart, guts, or ability to play through adversity, and he demonstrated all of that in spades yesterday.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but anyone notice him pansy out on his last fumble? What a pussy.

edit:

How can anybody explain this play. The strip sack by Von miller and the ball rolling on the ground. Cam has a chance to jump on it and fight for the ball, instead he reacts to it like it is a live grenade, literally jumping backwards. The game was 16-10 at that point. Just crazy.

Yup.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:44 am

burrrton wrote:Difference is Manning is/was a great QB- Cam is and has always been overrated as a QB. He's not a great passer, and has no heart, guts, or ability to play through adversity, and he demonstrated all of that in spades yesterday.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but anyone notice him pansy out on his last fumble? What a pussy.

Yea, a lot of us saw that play. The Panthers were still very much in it at that point, down by less than a TD/XP, but Cam was beaten and gave up because he has such a fragile ego. He'd been hammered, wasn't playing well, and had been reduced to a whining crybaby (re his crying about not getting a roughing the passer earlier). He wanted no part of that scrum even though he was as big or bigger than every player diving into that pileup.

I wasn't aware of his skipping of the post game presser as I seldom watch the post game stuff and was full of beer and beans, but that was almost as gutless of an act as not jumping on a loose football.

And please, Kal and Sis, I love you both like brothers and sisters, but don't come out and defend Cam like you did earlier. These actions proves what a lot of us were saying about this turkey. It's me first with that guy, and don't anyone dare criticize him for fear of being called a racist for doing so.
Last edited by RiverDog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 am

It would be interesting to hear what the Panther Players really think about Cam not attempting to recover the fumble. Down 6 with 4 minutes to go... in the SUPER BOWL and he backs away from the ball. I'd bet a lot of money that our guy would have been gone after that ball.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:49 am

Hawkstar wrote:It would be interesting to hear what the Panther Players really think about Cam not attempting to recover the fumble. Down 6 with 4 minutes to go... in the SUPER BOWL and he backs away from the ball. I'd bet a lot of money that our guy would have been gone after that ball.

I would take that bet in a heartbeat for any amount of money. Problem is who would bet against him?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:02 am

RiverDog wrote:
I would take that bet in a heartbeat for any amount of money. Problem is who would bet against him?

Nodoby. Irvin basically sent out a tweet that RW would have gotten that ball. Does anybody remember when RW wrestled the ball away from a big DL guy after he was sacked and fumbled? It was a home game and it was close to our own endzone and the dude outweighed him by like 50 lbs and RW literally ripped the ball away. I thought about that immediately after that play but I can't remember who he took it from.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:04 am

RiverDog wrote:
Yea, a lot of us saw that play. The Panthers were still very much in it at that point, down by less than a TD/XP, but Cam was beaten and gave up because he has such a fragile ego. He'd been hammered, wasn't playing well, and had been reduced to a whining crybaby (re his crying about not getting a roughing the passer earlier). He wanted no part of that scrum even though he was as big or bigger than every player diving into that pileup.

I wasn't aware of his skipping of the post game presser as I seldom watch the post game stuff and was full of beer and beans, but that was almost as gutless of an act as not jumping on a loose football.

And please, Kal and Sis, I love you both like brothers and sisters, but don't come out and defend Cam like you did earlier. These actions proves what a lot of us were saying about this turkey. It's me first with that guy, and don't anyone dare criticize him for fear of being called a racist for doing so.

It also started before the game as he warmed up in gold cleats that said MVP. They might as well have said 'it's all about me.'

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/ ... jpg&w=1484
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:14 am

mykc14 wrote:
Nodoby. Irvin basically sent out a tweet that RW would have gotten that ball. Does anybody remember when RW wrestled the ball away from a big DL guy after he was sacked and fumbled? It was a home game and it was close to our own endzone and the dude outweighed him by like 50 lbs and RW literally ripped the ball away. I thought about that immediately after that play but I can't remember who he took it from.

I think it was Vonn Miller in the overtime win vs Denver in 2014. I also remember him saving the Dallas game this season with a singlehanded tackle of Gregg Hardy following an interception.He sticks his nose in every play.
Their ethnicity is all Newton and Wilson have in common.Russ is 10 times the leader and QB. Newton is a system QB. he has to be kept relatively clean or he isn't very good, and he goes in the tank mentally when even remotely under adversity. The guy was moping alone down one score. Put Russ behind center of the team they would have won the SB by 14 points minimum....

Neener neener Cam, what goes around came around. "pride goes before a fall and a proud heart before destruction".
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:35 am

NorthHawk wrote:I wouldn't call him garbage, but he has some growing up to do.
Some take longer to mature than others, and some never do, but he has a long career in front of him yet.

I didn't call him garbage, I said " that" garbage. Meaning the whining, sulking, temper tantrums and walking out of his press conference. If that isn't "garbage" in your eyes we'll have to agree to disagree. Not big on petulant, childish displays in the face of adversity, which is why I appreciate the great leader in Seattle that much more.
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 am

mykc14 wrote:It also started before the game as he warmed up in gold cleats that said MVP. They might as well have said 'it's all about me.'

I didn't see that, either, but you're exactly right about that being a perfect demonstration of Cam's selfish attitude, and is a prime example why I don't really care about individual awards as it encourages that type of thinking, particularly from morally deficient characters like Cam.

Boy, I'm sure glad that the Broncos beat Cam and the Panthers in the manner that they did as it unmasked Cam's ego to all of those good folks that had a hard time seeing in him the same light that a lot of us already saw him in.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:01 pm

To be fair, and after he trashed our 12th man flag I hate being fair, Chris Harris of the Broncos was let into the press area and was taunting Cam, so Cam got up and walked out. One has to ask why waste time taunting CM, when you should be celebrating with your teammates on the biggest day of your career.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:03 pm

NorthHawk wrote:
I wouldn't call him garbage, but he has some growing up to do.

I didn't call him garbage, I said " that" garbage. Meaning the winning, sulking, temper tantrums and walking out of his press conference. If that isn't "garbage" in your eyes we'll have to agree to disagree. Not big on petulant, childish displays in the face of adversity, which is why I appreciate the great leader in Seattle that much more.

Oh, OK. I thought you were comparing Wilson to 'that garbage' meaning Newton.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:14 pm

obiken wrote:To be fair, and after he trashed our 12th man flag I hate being fair, Chris Harris of the Broncos was let into the press area and was taunting Cam, so Cam got up and walked out. One has to ask why waste time taunting CM, when you should be celebrating with your teammates on the biggest day of your career.

Harris was speaking with other reporters but within earshot. He did not say anything to Newton personally. Its no excuse when you are the league MVP and supposed "face of the NFL" LMAO.
Cam started being a sore loser long before he walked out of the press conference. His entire demeanor was a flashback to most of his career when it isn't going well.
When you taunt opponents as a winner you will pay the price as a loser, especially a classless loser.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Hawktawk wrote:
Harris was speaking with other reporters but within earshot. He did not say anything to Newton personally. Its no excuse when you are the league MVP and supposed "face of the NFL" LMAO.
Cam started being a sore loser long before he walked out of the press conference. His entire demeanor was a flashback to most of his career when it isn't going well.
When you taunt opponents as a winner you will pay the price as a loser, especially a classless loser.

Yep, exactly right. This is not unusual for SB's, to have the teams press areas in the same room, although not always as close as they were this year. Harris was not taunting Cam in any way. He was simply answering questions, just like Cam was supposed to be doing.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:23 pm

River...............how so completely you misunderstand. How is it possible that you have misinterpreted what I've said so completely. Cam bugs me. The only thing I said that sounded like a defense for him was that it "looked to me like" someone handed him the 12th man flag and he chucked it versus ripping it out of someone's hands. (I also said I did not see or hear about the Green Bay incident - so no comment on that.)

I was rooting for the Donkeys yesterday. What I said - in a nutshell re: race - is I can understand how an African American could perceive that all the hate/bad feelings headed his way were related to his race. I understand that feeling. You had a whole laundry list of reasons you don't like Cam and frankly, I have not paid that much attention to him. I didn't really know or remember all the stuff about him and his dad in college. I just think of him as being a cocky player that I don't much care for. The I love you like a sister BUT comment is a little rude, River. I never ever called anyone (least of all you) a racist. I said I can understand how he could come to the conclusion that part of the hate he was getting was related to race. I really feel like you are playing talk show host and looking for some exaggerated BS to stir up.

That his antics bother me less than the bother you is no big surprise; a lot of things bother you that don't bother others. This is an excerpt of what I actually said if you are interested in the truth.
For me, the irritation with Cam is less severe than it is for others but for me it boils down to the position he plays. Right or wrong, QBs have traditionally played a different public role; Cam is stretching people's comfort level for the actions of a QB. I think he is cocky and irritating, but I think half the league (and people on our own team) suffer the same traits... irrespective of color. And while your personal disdain for him may be all action related, don't be fooled into thinking that the motivation for other's disdain is not at all related to race. It may not be the overriding reason, but it's all mixed in there.

If you are interested in puffing our your chest and declaring how right you were on Cam's character, I'm afraid you are arguing with the wrong girl, here.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:36 pm

Cam started being a sore loser long before he walked out of the press conference.

Indeed. I posted in another thread that he gave up waaaaaaay before the game was over. They were well within striking distance and he was sitting by himself in FULL-ON POUT mode. RW would have had his helmet on firing up his O to get this thing turned around. This right here, plus the failure to jump on the fumble, is why I think the Hawks would have won yesterday. Our team has a better attitude and they do not shrink away from the biggest of moments. We well may have lost to a very good Bronco team, but we would not have quit before there were zeroes on the clock.

As for anyone on the Panthers talking about getting jobbed by the refs, they need to re-watch the game. The taunting on Talib (who is also a jerk) extended a dead play. The official missed that one as the other dude drew first blood. There are other examples that we don't need to rehash as I am sure you all saw them. Cam's whining about late hits not getting called is just another in a long line of embarrassing actions on his part. The Panthers need to watch their o-line hold all the live-long day...even on one of the strip fumbles of Newton, Von Miller was being held like a five year old holds a new puppy....and he still made the play.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Right on HS, the Broncs were up by 10, IF NOT for Talib's stupid penalty, they get the ball and score, that's it its over, NO ONE has ever come back from a 11 point deficit or higher. His butt head move could have cost his team the game.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:38 pm

At least he avoided the towel head hang... Baby steps, baby steps.

The race thing is simply put stupid. No one minus a few outliers hate Cam because he is black, they hate him for the exact same reasons they hate Brady and Rodgers, they are whiney, cocky, arrogant jerks that act self entitled to calls, results and winning. Also why most fans respect or love guys like Wilson, Brees and Manning. They play to win, are uber competitive, but act respectful and like adults when they lose, seldom whine about losing, never blame officials, and more often than not accept responsibility for losing. The race thing is ridiculous, no one "hates" Wilson, or Bridgewater or Taylor or any other black QB because of the color of their skin, if they are an arrogant jerk though, they do, regardless of color or race.

Cam acted exactly how he always has, and got exactly what he has sowed throughout his career. Couldn't have happened to a nicer douche IMHO.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:45 pm

River

He did not skip the post game interview. He acted like a petulant child throughout it and left early when things got uncomfy for him. Some say he overheard someone from the Broncos (Harris) being critical of him in a neighboring interview...but it makes no difference. He is a professional and he acted like a child. Check out the links in my post above which were of the last three super bowl losing QBs (Cam, RW, and Manning) and their respective post game interviews. There is such a wide delta between the leadership, professionalism and integrity (and understanding their role on their team as well as the NFL) displayed in the Wilson and Manning interviews and the Cam interview that they cannot be compared.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:51 pm

If you are interested in puffing our your chest and declaring how right you were on Cam's character, I'm afraid you are arguing with the wrong girl, here.

It's not just me that had Cam pegged, Sis. There were a whole heck of a lot of others, including a number on this site. My random sampling tells me that there are one heck of a lot of people around the country that don't care for him and that those that are defending him are clearly in the minority.

I never ever called anyone (least of all you) a racist.

I never said you did, and if you got that impression from one of my responses, then I sincerely apologize. I was speaking in general, mainly in response to Cam's remark about how "some" people that don't accept him are racists, and that I don't like the implication that because I don't like him, that it's some sort of evidence that I'm a racist.

I really feel like you are playing talk show host and looking for some exaggerated BS to stir up.

First off, I have yet to start a thread about Cam and I wasn't the first to express my dismay at his antics/remarks. I was simply responding to those that had commented. If I'm the talk show host, then my response is that it wasn't me that made out the guest list or set the agenda. Secondly, this is an internet forum, and a very low trafficked forum at that. It's more like a cocktail lounge than it is a podium. If my goal was to stir up BS, I wouldn't be spending as much time on this site as I do, I'd find some other venue.

That his antics bother me less than the bother you is no big surprise; a lot of things bother you that don't bother others.

If you want to talk about the truth, the truth is that I am not as bothered by his antics as a lot of people are, particularly in this forum. I stated that I wasn't all that bothered about his on field demonstrations except as it relates to the fact that everyone does it. That wasn't included in my laundry list, which BTW, I specified all those things in response to a direct question from a fellow Shack Up. I wasn't reading the riot act to anyone.

He did not skip the post game interview.

At the point where I made that remark, I hadn't seen anything about the post game interview and was simply reacting to CBob's remarks, so I made an incorrect assumption. My bad. But it doesn't change my overall opinion or refute my point about him acting the way he does.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:23 pm

mykc14 wrote:It also started before the game as he warmed up in gold cleats that said MVP. They might as well have said 'it's all about me.'

Holy sht- I'm out of town and didn't see it all- that's REAL??

Wow.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:22 pm

burrrton wrote:
Holy sht- I'm out of town and didn't see it all- that's REAL??

Wow.

Yeah, sadly, their real and he really warmed up in them.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:28 pm

And while your personal disdain for him may be all action related, don't be fooled into thinking that the motivation for other's disdain is not at all related to race. It may not be the overriding reason, but it's all mixed in there.

Do you really think this, Sis?

If some guy acts like a douchebag and people call him such for doing so, it says more about you than them if you maintain that has *anything* to do with race.

He's a thin-skinned, narcissistic dick - you can't call people noticing that "racist" in any way, shape, or form. There is real racism in this world- pointing to s*** like that as an example only undermines efforts to eradicate it.

I never ever called anyone (least of all you) a racist.

Not explicitly, but what you quoted (of yourself) kinda undermines this, don't you think?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:58 pm

I heard his acceptance speech for being MVP, and I didn't hear him thank his teammates or coaches.
I thought it was strange then, but I guess it's how he sees his career and how he got there.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:03 am

We have been over this in another thread & I t's a bit out of context here. But yes, I think there are scads of people who dislike Cam because he is black.... Some (fewer) overtly so and others just feel/ sense it on a more subconscious level. I think a lot of others don't like him because they don't like him.... So it's muddy.

And to have him behave like he did (before, during and after the game) reinforced, justifiedand even vindicated those who dislike him - while a WHOLE LOT of people (fans, teammates, coaches, people of color, etc...) were let down & disappointed by his actions. Including me. He blew a major opportunity and I knew as I watched it that I would be told I was wrong headed. I stand by every word I said RE: race and perception and continue to challenge you all to think more open minded on this issue. Though I doubt that'll happen. Let the vindication begin. Oye!!! I wish he'd have handled it better.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:11 am

obiken wrote:To be fair, and after he trashed our 12th man flag I hate being fair, Chris Harris of the Broncos was let into the press area and was taunting Cam, so Cam got up and walked out. One has to ask why waste time taunting CM, when you should be celebrating with your teammates on the biggest day of your career.

I just watched the presser, and I have a hard time believing that a heckler had anything to do with his mood. Newton was clearly sulking before he ever stepped on the podium. It looked like he was hiding underneath that hoodie, that he was paying very little attention to the questions, was giving brief and thoughtless answers to all the questions, didn't have the courtesy to excuse himself, just got up and walked out. It was rude, inconsiderate, unsportsmanlike, and a very poor example of how one should handle adversity.

If he were like Beast Mode and didn't like being in the spotlight or answer questions, pregame or postgame, win or lose, then I could see it, and no one can be expected to be bright and cheerful after losing the biggest game in their life, especially when they played as poorly as he did. It was a very humbling experience and I can truly have some sympathy for him. But he's a 26 year old man. It's not like this was his first rodeo.

It seems to me that Cam does not care whether or not he is accepted, and if that's the case, then that's fine by me. Life's full of people, some very good people, that don't care about their overall acceptance by the general public, Beast being one of those. But don't lecture me on why it is people don't like him when he goes out and gives us such a good and very tangible reason not to.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:16 am

Not explicitly, but what you quoted (of yourself) kinda undermines this, don't you think?

NO!!! READ MY COMMENTS IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONTEXT. It was a different thread. I was speaking in a more generic sense. I do think some people dislike Cam for a variety of reasons. Race is one. That does not mean that everyone who dislikes him dislikes him based on race. It's a case by case deal. To ignore, however, that some hate him for his race is ignorant. (Google all the Twitter comments calling him. F'n N#^%#%!) they are there. You can't come into a conversation 3/4 of the way through and start barreling through with a know it all stance. Read what I said, then get back to me.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:22 am

Some (fewer) overtly so and others just feel/ sense it on a more subconscious level.

Sis, if you have to assume people "sense" something on a "subconscious" level, with no other evidence to point to, let me save you some mental energy: you're probably seeing what you expect, not what's actually there.

Yes, some people don't like people who don't look or act like them as much as those who do, but if there's a simpler explanation, go with that.

I do think some people dislike Cam for a variety of reasons. Race is one.

Is the percentage that dislike him because he's more darkly complected anything more than a rounding error than those who dislike him because:

He's a mediocre quarterback

He's thin-skinned

He wilts under pressure

He pouts

He celebrates a first-down like he just won the Super Bowl

etc.

Answer: No. So why discuss it like it's any more relevant than the teal on his uniform?

Read what I said, then get back to me.

*sigh* I read most of it, Sis- if there's something I missed, correct me. I don't see any context that changes anything.

Pointing to comments from a handful of assholes on espn.com isn't meaningful. It's a rounding error. I could point to the same number of people who would call Gisele Bundchen an ugly mutt in a Tom Brady thread, when we both know they'd all give both pinkies to be with her.
Last edited by burrrton on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:30 am

If you think I'm lecturing you, RD, you misunderstand. We were having a good debate about perceptions of groups and subgroups and how it could come about that racial prejudice creeps into this subject (whether it is uncomfy to some of you or not). That Cam is indeed a jack wagon does not detract from my arguments earlier. You just feel vindicated because you knew he was an ass and he was one. My points, should you care to recount them, remain my points and I stand by the priciples with which they were crafted. I add caution to one and all not to personalize my message. Though me thinks it's too late for that.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum