Congrats to the Broncos

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Congrats to the Broncos

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:07 am

I need to eat some crow now. I ripped Elway when he dumped Tebow. I continued ripping him as Manning failed spectacularly in the crunch every season. I ripped him for making Fox the scapegoat and bringing in Kubiak who had been an average HC.This year it was clear that Manning's glory days were gone but Kubiak handled the QB controversy beautifully. Elway built such a fierce hard nosed defense he could have won the SB with Tebow, and certainly with Ostweiller.
He gift wrapped a going away present to one of the greats however, did it his way.Elway got it all and has to be considered one of the very best GM's in the business now. My hat is off to the man. Lets see if they can sustain it.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Congrats to the Broncos

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:08 am

Sustaining this success might be pretty hard because of some of the contracts coming up.
It's true for all teams, but championship teams are harder like we've seen here.

When Phillips first became the DC and they played here early that season, we could see that they had a different look about them but didn't have the right combination of players.
They found the formula this year and showed again that Defense wins championships.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I need to eat some crow now. I ripped Elway when he dumped Tebow. I continued ripping him as Manning failed spectacularly in the crunch every season. I ripped him for making Fox the scapegoat and bringing in Kubiak who had been an average HC.This year it was clear that Manning's glory days were gone but Kubiak handled the QB controversy beautifully. Elway built such a fierce hard nosed defense he could have won the SB with Tebow, and certainly with Ostweiller.
He gift wrapped a going away present to one of the greats however, did it his way.Elway got it all and has to be considered one of the very best GM's in the business now. My hat is off to the man. Lets see if they can sustain it.

Manning didn't "fail spectacularly every season". He had a Lombardi to his credit prior to winning this one.

But kudos for you manning up about Manning.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:40 pm

RiverDog wrote:[

Manning didn't "fail spectacularly every season". He had a Lombardi to his credit prior to winning this one.

But kudos for you manning up about Manning.

He failed every season in Denver. There was the horrible home collapse to the Ravens in 2012, the blowout to Seattle 2 years ago where he was a turnover machine and the horrible home loss to the Colts. Elway said he brought him in to win a championship. Well he did...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum