How Would the Hawks Have Fared?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

How Would the Hawks Have Fared?

Postby Uppercut » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:13 pm

I was trying to imagine the hawks playing the Broncos yesterday if they would have comeback and beat the panthers and then went on bloody, tired, and battered and eecked out another win against ARZ to reach SB 50.

I think we may have given them a tougher time but the O-Line would have been a bad nightmare.

I would say results may have been similar to what the Panthers went through maybe more like 24 - 17 however. But RW would be all class afterwards.
Uppercut
Legacy

Re: How Would the Hawks Have Fared?

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:52 pm

I think we'd have won. Even being as objective as I am capable of being, I really do think we'd have won.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:00 pm

I think we would have won too. A low scoring affair. I doubt we cough it up 4 times, but one never knows. Hats off to the Broncos.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Based on Denver's offensive ineptitude, I would guess similar to the final score, but flipped. Maybe Seattle 20 Denver 10. The difference being mainly Wilson's scrambling ability, and ball security.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 pm

I've been wrong so many times before, but I think that if we played 10 times, we'd win 7.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Thats hard to say. I thought we were going to beat the Panthers. I think if that Panthers team had Russel Wilson they would have definitley won the Superbowl, how about that.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Panthers may have won with Johnny Football if he had a sober night!
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:36 pm

All of you think we would win... is that before or after we break Von's leg and Ware's arm? The problem that is hard to envision is Russell looking any better then Cam did with that (yes, better then our) pass rush, especially one that keeps the QB from rolling out effectively, which is what Denver did to Cam.

It sure would be low scoring, that's for sure, but no given that we would win.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:55 pm

I never said it would be a comfortable night for Wilson, nor that there wouldn't be the usual claims of horrid line play after, just that Denver's offense still wouldn't have moved the ball, and Wilson wouldn't have gift wrapped 19 of Denver's 24 points. Ie a win.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:All of you think we would win... is that before or after we break Von's leg and Ware's arm? The problem that is hard to envision is Russell looking any better then Cam did with that (yes, better then our) pass rush, especially one that keeps the QB from rolling out effectively, which is what Denver did to Cam.

It sure would be low scoring, that's for sure, but no given that we would win.

I, for one, didn't say that a win would have been a given. I said I thought we would have won 7 times in 10 attempts.

But I do think that Russell is better in a broken play scenario than Newton, and I don't think Russell's throws would have been off like Newton's were. I also don't think he gives up that strip sack TD as Newton did not even glance at his blind side and Russell most certainly would have recovered that last fumble that sealed the deal.

I also don't think Hauschka misses a 44 yarder.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Its a meaningless speculation cause we weren't.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:11 am

obiken wrote:Its a meaningless speculation cause we weren't.

Are you sure you're familiar with sports fandom? At least half of it is meaningless [but fun] speculation. Besides, I seem to remember multiple occasions of you speculating how much better we'd have been drafting the Sanchize instead of Curry in 2009. :-)

I think the Hawks would have lost something like 13-10. Wilson wouldn't have gifted points, but I don't think the Hawks have moved the ball much better than Carolina. Now, if Beast was at 100%, then I absolutely think the Hawks would have won 20-13 or something.
Oly
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:43 am

I just keep remembering how the Broncos looked against us pre season, and I believe it would play out much like that game,
Von Miller and Ware would cause a ton of chaos, but Wilson would in turn, cause a little of his own. We would move the ball inconsistently, but hit on a few big plays, enough to just outscore the completely hapless Broncos offense. A Manning led Broncos offense wouldn't beat us because of his inability to even threaten us deep. We could crowd the line, and bring extra pressure all game (like the Panthers) without fear.
In the end, Seattle simply matches up better against the Broncos than the Panthers do even though the Panthers match up well against us.
monkey
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Russell would of dove for the ball... and probably got it.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:37 am

I think Russell probably would have got that ball, too but with our OL, I doubt he would have had time to raise his arm.
That Bronco pass rush (and front 7) was on another level on Sunday and I doubt we could have any success at all against them Offensively.
The only hope we would have would be on ST and our Defense matching their Defense in scoring.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum