Offseason roster moves

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Offseason roster moves

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:15 am

In addition to the slew of futures contracts last week http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/1/20/108 ... -prospects
The Seahawks just signed two former Canadian Football League players -- wide receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall -- to the offseason roster yesterday. http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/footbal ... 824611.php
Last edited by c_hawkbob on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Offseason roster moves

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:24 am

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015 ... contracts/ http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015 ... contracts/
This link is for a story from Feb 2015.

I've been wondering what we were doing the last few weeks and it seems they are looking around behind the scenes.
I don't know if the 2 players from the CFL will work out, but maybe one of them will have the impact of Cameron Wake (who by the way played in in our back yard in Vancouver but we didn't sign him).
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:49 am

Oops, sorry about that, I was looking at last year's compared to this year's and kept the wrong url ... fixed it now, thanks.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 pm

A good link now and it's interesting what they are doing.
Most will probably be TC fodder, but if a player finds the right situation, system, or coach they can really blossom.
Stanley Jean-Baptiste might be one of those as well as George Farmer. Maybe our DB situation is regaining its depth.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:39 am

Old but Slow wrote:I just read on another site (Seahawks Draft Blog) an undocumented report that Luke Willson just received a $1 M performance bonus for this past season which will cost the team the $1M against the cap (no complaints here), but there is nothing on the generally weak Seahawks official site. Anybody have a confirmation or denial of this?

On his rookie contract the type of incentives he can earn are very limited, but he can earn some, mostly based on % of snaps played, which he likely has achieved. I have no idea how much he can earn but $1 mil seems high, but I don't know for sure.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Incentives can be a number of things. They might include playing in a playoff game, number of plays (or %) during the year, catches, yards, or others.
We'll probably never know all of the details of his particular contract, but there is a myriad of options that might have been included.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:03 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Incentives can be a number of things. They might include playing in a playoff game, number of plays (or %) during the year, catches, yards, or others.
We'll probably never know all of the details of his particular contract, but there is a myriad of options that might have been included.

If a player is on their 2nd contract they can get incentives for almost anything but incentives on rookie contracts are pretty limited. I don't think they can have incentives for catches, TD's, pro bowls and things like that. Really I think the only incentives they can have are with percentage of snaps played, although there are different rules for players drafted in rounds 1-2 compared to 3-7. Undrafted rookies hand very limited in incentive opportunities.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks mykc14. I wasn't aware of that.

Spotrac states the following:

Proven Performance escalated 2016 salary from $675k to $1.686M
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:15 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Thanks mykc14. I wasn't aware of that.

Spotrac states the following:

Proven Performance escalated 2016 salary from $675k to $1.686M

Yeah, the new CBA really handcuffed the rookies. I remember reading something about this a few years ago, but I could be wrong on a few things as well. That 'proven performance' escalator is the one about percentage of snaps played, it's only available to guys who are drafted in rounds 3-7, I think. I didn't realize it was that much of a jump, but good for him. I wonder why we didn't hear anything about RW earning an escalator like this, maybe he would have if he entered his final season of his rookie contract before he got extended.
mykc14
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum