*must read* Russell Wilson article

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

*must read* Russell Wilson article

Postby monkey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 pm

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/russell-wilson-seahawks-childrens-hospital/

If caring about your fellow man is "cheesy" and showing people love is "corny", then I hope our "cheesy" "corny" franchise QB and leader extraordinaire NEVER EVER changes.
monkey
Legacy

Re: *must read* Russell Wilson article

Postby obiken » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Phenomenal Story Monk, really was!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Wow.

Many of us are familiar with Russell Wilson and his time spent at said hospital, but the inspiration, spirit, and message that he relays never gets old. Furthermore, this IS who he is. The guy cares. His own father was not long for this earth but, boy, did he help raise a good kid.

I understand that it's easy to be skeptical about these kinds of stories, that any number of athletes, entertainers, or other public figures could be primarily motivated by the exposure it brings to their image, rather than the cause itself. RW, however, earned the benefit of the doubt awhile ago on this one. He sees the bigger picture, allows himself to be humbled, and learns from those who otherwise get little to no attention at public level.

I hope this journey ends well for the young man. Meanwhile, he gets to pass along his experience and hope to others who could use it.

Thank You for posting this, Monkey. I need to read things like this to keep my own perspective in check.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:27 am

New York Yankees used Russell Wilson's after Super Bowl loss press conference to show all the team exactly what a 'Professional' looks like in front of a camera.
New York Yankees used Cam Newton's after Super Bowl loss press conference to show all the team exactly how not to act as a professional in front of a camera.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:51 am

monkey wrote:http://www.theplayerstribune.com/russell-wilson-seahawks-childrens-hospital/

If caring about your fellow man is "cheesy" and showing people love is "corny", then I hope our "cheesy" "corny" franchise QB and leader extraordinaire NEVER EVER changes.

Word.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:47 am

Im choked up.....Its such a special era as a Seahawks fan. Bigger things than football are happening. Russ isn't the only awesome guy ,just the leader at the most special position.
I was just thinking the other day about the fact that 5 years ago we were debating Tavares Jackson vs Charlie Whitehurst....Its like I died and went to Seahawks heaven.Can I get an Amen?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 am

Amen!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:56 am

Amen!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Oly » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Amen
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Yes, I read that article a couple days ago. Stories like that about Russell seems so normal and predictable anymore that it hardly qualifies as news, and I mean that as a compliment.

And yea, I'll give you a big Amen, Hawktalk!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 pm

TJ is still on the team but yeah AMEN
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:04 am

politicalfootball wrote:TJ is still on the team but yeah AMEN

I'm glad TJ is on the team. He's a serviceable backup that could win some games and has looked excellent in his preseason opportunities. He cant carry Wilsons jock strap though. Not many can. I hope we never have to find out..
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:15 am

Hawktawk wrote:I'm glad TJ is on the team. He's a serviceable backup that could win some games and has looked excellent in his preseason opportunities. He cant carry Wilsons jock strap though. Not many can. I hope we never have to find out..

TJ is a free agent so he might not get the chance to try and carry Wilson's Jock.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 am

mykc14 wrote:[

TJ is a free agent so he might not get the chance to try and carry Wilson's Jock.

Yeah I know. I've wondered why he hasn't drawn more interest in the past. He led the Vikes to a playoff game. He is a good character guy, great teammate, tremendous athlete with a powerful accurate arm.
IMO his issues were decision making in crunch time. But with the likes of Brian Hoyer(5 turnovers and no points in the playoff game) Josh McCown, Fitzpatrick, etc bouncing around the league you would think someone would give him a shot.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum