Next Giants GM is going to have a salary cap mess!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Next Giants GM is going to have a salary cap mess!

Postby mykc14 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Man two huge overpays by the Giants on D! Jenkins getting 12 mil/yr. and Vernon getting 5 year 85 mil!! LOL! Of course much comes down to how the contracts are structured but they are paying Vernon like Watt. Just crazy. Michael Bennett has to be shaking his head!
mykc14
Legacy

Re: Next Giants GM is going to have a salary cap mess!

Postby burrrton » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:19 pm

You hit on what pisses me off about this- assuming they are overpaying (I don't really hold an opinion, but you're not the first I've seen say they are), it's going to make Bennett that much less satisfied with whatever we offer him and/or make it that much more difficult to get him in camp.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:36 pm

They also signed Janoris Jenkins. Weird strategy. They aren't winning a Super Bowl. Killing their future.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:33 am

burrrton wrote:You hit on what pisses me off about this- assuming they are overpaying (I don't really hold an opinion, but you're not the first I've seen say they are), it's going to make Bennett that much less satisfied with whatever we offer him and/or make it that much more difficult to get him in camp.

I don't think it's a stretch to say they overpaid for Vernon, he got the same amount of guaranteed money as JJ Watt and had all of 7.5 sacks last year. The same with Jenkins, getting paid like a top CB. Same thing with maxwell last year. All over paid. What pisses you off about that?
mykc14
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:35 pm

mykc14 wrote:I don't think it's a stretch to say they overpaid for Vernon, he got the same amount of guaranteed money as JJ Watt and had all of 7.5 sacks last year. The same with Jenkins, getting paid like a top CB. Same thing with maxwell last year. All over paid. What pisses you off about that?

Huh?

burrrton wrote:...it's going to make Bennett that much less satisfied with whatever we offer him and/or make it that much more difficult to get him in camp.

Kinda clumsily worded, but isn't my thought clear? I wish these desperate teams would quit lighting money on fire because then every FA is going to think they're worth more than they probably are, making it harder on my team, who isn't so reckless (a few obvious examples to the contrary notwithstanding).

I'm not pissed at you- I'm pissed that other teams' spending like drunk sailors artificially inflates the market.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:42 pm

And here I thought you were for supply and demand Burton, this is a perfect example of it.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Burrton- I read you now and clear now. I thought you were saying that assuming they were overpaying pissed you off. So basically I agree with everything your saying.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:50 pm

mykc14 wrote:Burrton- I read you now and clear now. I thought you were saying that assuming they were overpaying pissed you off. So basically I agree with everything your saying.

Thought so- that's why I was puzzled. Clear now, though!
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:53 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:And here I thought you were for supply and demand Burton, this is a perfect example of it.

Well, it's a distorted market (they have to spend a certain amount every year, etc), but I broadly agree with you. All I'm saying is I wish supply was higher or demand was lower since it would help my team.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Fair enough, though personally I feel that same thing could be said about all markets across the board in regards to "helping my team" lol.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:20 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Fair enough, though personally I feel that same thing could be said about all markets across the board in regards to "helping my team" lol.

Honestly, I can't decipher what you're saying there. Care to explain, or is it just a passing comment?
burrrton
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Just a passing comment. No big deal. Just saying I wish there was "more affordable" supply for "my team" in other area's of commerce as well ( my family, friends etc). Just a blurb about how we don't always get what we want..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum