Do the Seahawks deserve to be #1 in the NFL rankings?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Do the Seahawks deserve to be #1 in the NFL rankings?

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:16 pm

With this victory over the Giants. The East Coast cackling hens have no choice but to crown us as the best team in the NFL for another week. The fact that we SHUT OUT the Giants says it all. 5 interceptions. FIVE!!!!!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Do the Seahawks deserve to be #1 in the NFL rankings?

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:With this victory over the Giants. The East Coast cackling hens have no choice but to crown us as the best team in the NFL for another week. The fact that we SHUT OUT the Giants says it all. 5 interceptions. FIVE!!!!!

Hammered them! Five pics is unbelievable, two by a 3rd stringer is even sweeter.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:39 pm

absolutely. Best record, both overall and on the road. Not that I give a rip about rankings, but for any of them to have any credibility at all, they have to have us as the top team.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm

The Hawks were easily the best team even before this week. As RD said, they're meaningless, but at this point we're only talking about the gap between the Hawks and the rest of the league.
Oly
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Without question.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby makena » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm sure the east coast morons will still find a way to crap on the Hawks.
makena
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Yes, yes, and yes. But continue winning. Secure that #1 seed.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Yes.

Winning on the road with a shutout to boot isn't going backwards.

Generally speaking, I don't give a **** about these things, but if they're gonna do them, might as well do them correctly.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Hammering the Giants ~ nothing easy about that. Hawks are the clear leaders in the NFL. Lets just hope they show it on the same venue in Jan.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Very slick rhetorical tactic, titling a thread as a question to which we all know you have yourself known the answer since week one of the 2013 season, Eaglehawk you slick, silver-tongued lead dogg, you.

I just wish the thread had a poll is all, bro.

Of course the Seahawks deserve to #1 in the rankings.

I just don't see any way in which this team — its injuries aside — can do anything less than win this year's Big Dance in the biggest way imaginable. NCAAF, BCS-style.

The ferocious momentum of this team cancels out its injuries and suspensions.

Among other things, I want to see them get The Ring now so good ol' Mr. Browner can sport one, as I'm genuinely afraid this will be his last year with the Hawks — and hence, he may not have as good of a shot at getting a SB ring as he does now for quite awhile.

A good player who is trying to rebuild his image who gets traded to a crapola, rebuilding team has a tendency not to see too many opportunities of getting SB rings. God bless him.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:32 am

Nice post Rott! That's the verbiage I remember! Yeah, with some of the East Coasters hemming and hawing about that last week I figured I would throw it up there.
There is no way ANYONE can't say we are the best team in the NFL at this point.

Just now have to take care of business next week at home with a soaring Cardinals team. God I can't wait to knock them off their horse!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Of course the Seahawks are #1...but I never understood the meaning of rankings in the NFL, since they are inconsequential. Unlike college.
I-5
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:57 pm

rottweiler wrote:A good player who is trying to rebuild his image who gets traded to a crapola, rebuilding team has a tendency not to see too many opportunities of getting SB rings. God bless him.

The 'hawks figuring out how to trade a free agent would certainly portend a genius in the FO.

Power Rankings are difficult to give much credence to. As RD pointed out the team with the best record should be on top. And if that is the case why do we need power rankings when we can just look at the standings? In a perfect world a "power ranking" would be based on critical stats and ignore the teams record since we already can see W and L.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Well I agree with other posters who do not really care too much about in-season rankings. The only one that counts is the final one.

Here is the latest from Peter King at SI MMQB - I think Hawks fans will like it - "Massive Line of Demarcation"

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/16/nfl-week- ... terback/3/
savvyman
Legacy

Postby daweez » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:36 am

Eaglehawk wrote:Nice post Rott! That's the verbiage I remember! Yeah, with some of the East Coasters hemming and hawing about that last week I figured I would throw it up there.

Just now have to take care of business next week at home with a soaring Cardinals team. God I can't wait to knock them off their horse!

Oh, I bet there are some 9er fans that would deny that we are #1! Other then that I don't think anyone can deny the Hawks are #1. Now they just need to seal the deal and win out!
daweez
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 pm

daweez wrote:
Eaglehawk wrote:Nice post Rott! That's the verbiage I remember! Yeah, with some of the East Coasters hemming and hawing about that last week I figured I would throw it up there.

Oh, I bet there are some 9er fans that would deny that we are #1! Other then that I don't think anyone can deny the Hawks are #1. Now they just need to seal the deal and win out!

You mean the 9er's team that barley beat the Hawks at their house and have lost two more games?
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 am

You mean the 9er's team that barley beat the Hawks at their house and have lost two more games?

DR your sarcasm is beyond reproach.
LOL :lol:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum