Exhibit A of the media's bias against the Seahawks

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Exhibit A of the media's bias against the Seahawks

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... california

If you read the whole article you will discover that this is common practice among NFL teams.
Which leaves the obvious question...so why write about it then?!? Why is it titled in such a way as to leave the impression that the Seahawks are trying to stack the deck, in an unfair way?

Answer: because those who don't know that it's common practice, and who won't read much past the headline, will take this article as more fuel for their Seahawks hatred.
It was INTENTIONALLY written so that you would have to read all the way through to discover that it's common practice, and the whole thing was entirely POINTLESS.

This is the kind s****ole slop that passes for sports journalism today.
monkey
Legacy

Re: Exhibit A of the media's bias against the Seahawks

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks for the link and thread Monkey.

I've been listening to this crap all day. Like the article states Denver did the same thing, I personally agree with it, why expand beyond your region if it's not needed?

I tried for 30 minutes today starting at exactly 10 am this morning , guess what?.....Nada! I was on the phone and had 2 computers on it,.....If I don't get a ticket , why the Hell should a 9er fan?

Go Hawks!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:35 pm

The media is just riding SFs jock in general, the ticket thing is just a minor side story. But I'm loving it. Hawks are 14-3, playing AT home and they still get to play the disrespect card. I'm calling it right now. IF the officials let them play Hawks by AT LEAST 10.....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Hawktawk wrote:The media is just riding SFs jock in general, the ticket thing is just a minor side story. But I'm loving it. Hawks are 14-3, playing AT home and they still get to play the disrespect card. I'm calling it right now. IF the officials let them play Hawks by AT LEAST 10.....

Love where your head is at.
Last game in San Fran, Harbaugh's whining about our secondary clearly had an effect, so I share your concern, because honestly, I think that's the only way they can beat us.
Thing is, so long as they call it EVENLY, we'll be just fine, as the Niners are every bit as guilty as any team in the league when it comes to trying to get away with penalties.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 pm

monkey wrote:
Hawktawk wrote:The media is just riding SFs jock in general, the ticket thing is just a minor side story. But I'm loving it. Hawks are 14-3, playing AT home and they still get to play the disrespect card. I'm calling it right now. IF the officials let them play Hawks by AT LEAST 10.....

Last game in San Fran, Harbaugh's whining about our secondary clearly had an effect, so I share your concern, because honestly, I think that's the only way they can beat us.
Thing is, so long as they call it EVENLY, we'll be just fine, as the Niners are every bit as guilty as any team in the league when it comes to trying to get away with penalties.

Monkey, the zebras represent the NFL mafia. Who will win it all this year? NFC or AFC? If you are a conspiracy theorist 2005 was baked into the cake the minute we punched our ticket to the SB. And it was evident by the calls.

As you know, I purposely don't follow the media minus an article here or there. Of course me living clear in the middle of Timbuktu doesn't help.

I know your meaning but I don't want it called evenly. I want it called consistently. Evenly implies that if one side has a pi then you should call a pi on the other team next possession. I don't want that. Just make sure the refs are consistent with what they call for both teams and I am happy.

This media bias will be yet ANOTHER CHIP on the Seahawks shoulders. They should be mighty pissed when they run to the Clink to play these guys. IMO
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 am

Biggest whiners ever. Period.

They don't even see their own homerism. Friend of mine, otherwise decent dude, rippppped the refs in both of the whiners two playoff wins. I admit the roughing the QB was BS, but so was the no call on Anquan's head-butt....& on & on.
At least I know I have blue goggles on.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:25 am

monkey wrote:

Yes, Harbaugh's incessant whining most certainly did affect the refs calls. But the trend in the playoffs seems to have been to keep the flags in the hip pockets, even in our game vs. the Saints. If the refs let themselves be intimidated by Harbaugh again and change what is clearly a playoff pattern of not calling the PI penalties, I'm going to cry foul...and I'm not the type that looks to the refs as an excuse for losing.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum