Proposed Rule Changes

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Proposed Rule Changes

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:54 am

mykc14 wrote:Here is the rule from the nfl rule book: see rule 12 section 2 article 3

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/

This is from the 2015 nfl rule book. It's hard to navigate on my phone but it might be easier on a computer, just search chop blocks and scroll down and you should be able to find it. I tried to paste the section below but I don't know if it will work with my phone.

ARTICLE 3. CHOP BLOCK
A Chop Block is a block by the offense in which one offensive player (designated as A1 for purposes of this rule) blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lower while another offensive player (A2) engages that same defensive player above the waist.

A Chop Block is a legal block in the following situations on Running Plays:
Offensive players A1 and A2, who are initially aligned adjacent to each other on the line of scrimmage, may chop a defensive player.
Offensive players A1 and A2, who are initially aligned more than one position away from each other on the line of scrimmage, may chop a defensive player when the flow of the play is toward the block.
All other Chop Blocks are illegal, including in the following situations:

Fair enough, it was legal in three different instances as long as the lineman didn't feign pass blocking, and they have done away with those three instances, to catch up to every other league and level by banning it in its entirety. Zero problems with that, I don't think it's going to be as big of an issue for Seattle as the believe, cut blocks are still legal ( which IMHO they use far more often on the backside than chops).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Re: Proposed Rule Changes

Postby BillA » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:30 am

Pete doesn't think that more ways to throw folks outta' the game are necessary.
And a bit more "company line".

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000646728/Carroll-I-don-t-think-we-need-more-ways-to-throw-guys-out

Go Hawks,
BillA
BillA
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum