C-Mike Back

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

C-Mike Back

Postby mykc14 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Hawks have re-signed Christian Michaels. I like this move. He played well at the end of last season and gives us a good back up RB, as long as he can stay focused.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2935042/Runn ... h-Seahawks
mykc14
Legacy

Re: C-Mike Back

Postby obiken » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Yeah I agree I think he is over screwing up. He knows Seattle is his last real stop.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Like the move, was actually a little disappointed they couldn't nab Turbo on a pretty inexpensive contract as well. Thought he was an excellent third down back. Oh well, could see them signing another Undrafted guy that surprises or a flyer on a guy with one of those extra late round picks as well.... For the love of God though, please don't use your first pick on a RB Hawks.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Go watch some film on Micheal from late last year. Hes the whole package, speed, size , elusiveness and power. I think he may demonstrate why JS took him where he did this season.
Hes plug and play if Rawls isnt ready.
I love the move....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Makes sense.

CM finally "woke up" after being shuttled around the league last season.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:37 pm

he has some between the ears issues that were made better by leaving and not getting it going in Dallas (behind one of the best lines in football) or that other NFC East team. He was teamless when we snagged him back for the remainder of the year and he played some good ball. I loved me some Thomas Rawls before he went down last season and can see him evolving into a featured back. At the same time, however, the realistic side of me realizes that there is a big difference between playing the role of back-up and being the man. Teams will game plan him, there is a different weight about the work etc...

C-Mike, after not being sniffed this off-season and what happened last season, is likely over thinking the Hawks just weren't using him right and will be willing to prove he is worthy of being in the NFL. We still need to fortify the position and I'd like to see some more options before July....on the o-line too (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD)!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:24 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:he has some between the ears issues that were made better by leaving and not getting it going in Dallas (behind one of the best lines in football) or that other NFC East team. He was teamless when we snagged him back for the remainder of the year and he played some good ball. I loved me some Thomas Rawls before he went down last season and can see him evolving into a featured back. At the same time, however, the realistic side of me realizes that there is a big difference between playing the role of back-up and being the man. Teams will game plan him, there is a different weight about the work etc...

C-Mike, after not being sniffed this off-season and what happened last season, is likely over thinking the Hawks just weren't using him right and will be willing to prove he is worthy of being in the NFL. We still need to fortify the position and I'd like to see some more options before July....on the o-line too (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD)!

Actually Seattle snagged him from the nameless teams PS, though the gist is the same, it's about as close as a second round player can get to being out of the league without being there ( especially since the nameless team had all sorts of trouble consistently running the football yet he couldn't even crack the active roster must less get snaps).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum