RG Triple Toothpicks to the Browns

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

RG Triple Toothpicks to the Browns

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:29 am

Thought he Might have been an interesting backup to Russ ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15058 ... riffin-iii
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: RG Triple Toothpicks to the Browns

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:01 pm

He might have been, but I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to be. The Browns afford him a chance to start, and a good coach to work under. ( not saying that coach will have any success in Cleveland with their purge of talent they seem intent on administering).

Honestly don't know that its a good move by Griffin, but I think it's smart of the Browns ( one of the few moves they have made in quite some time).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Oly » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:58 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Honestly don't know that its a good move by Griffin, but I think it's smart of the Browns ( one of the few moves they have made in quite some time).

I suppose it depends on if two misfits with an almost pathological inability to see their own faults can somehow add up to something. :-)

I predict another season of childish mudslinging for all in Cleveland!
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Amazing, 4 years after being rookie of the year he's in the NFL dumpster fire. Cleveland traded one horrible head case for another. RG III thinks he's the best QB in the league if his guys just played harder for him. Just ask him.He's a locker room killer who doesn't know how to read the field or move in the pocket. Sounds like a great marriage.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:07 pm

"Triple" toothpicks? I see two toothpicks, his legs, but where's his 3rd? Wait... don't answer that.

Indications are that the Browns are still using their #2 overall to select a quarterback. It should make for a good quarterback controversy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:33 pm

RiverDog wrote:"Triple" toothpicks? I see two toothpicks, his legs, but where's his 3rd? Wait... don't answer that.

Indications are that the Browns are still using their #2 overall to select a quarterback. It should make for a good quarterback controversy.

It's all in the name.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:27 pm

The best thing to come from this is, at least now the Browns are less likely to draft, and therefore begin to utterly destroy the career of, Carson Wentz.
Being from Fargo, and a big Bison fan, about the last thing I want to see is the Browns ruin Carson's career before it even has a chance to start by drafting him.
The best thing would be for him to get picked by a team like Dallas who could sit him for a year or two behind Romo, and who has a terrific O-Line, and a top notch receiver for him to play with when he's ready.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:47 am

monkey wrote:The best thing to come from this is, at least now the Browns are less likely to draft, and therefore begin to utterly destroy the career of, Carson Wentz.
Being from Fargo, and a big Bison fan, about the last thing I want to see is the Browns ruin Carson's career before it even has a chance to start by drafting him.
The best thing would be for him to get picked by a team like Dallas who could sit him for a year or two behind Romo, and who has a terrific O-Line, and a top notch receiver for him to play with when he's ready.

I've been looking at a number of mocks and read a few articles and the consensus is that despite the signing of RG3 that the Browns are still expected to go for a QB with their #2 overall.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:06 pm

I talked to my best friend in Cleveland, he says that the Browns will make the #1 pick a backup which isn't a bad strategy.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Cleveland makes sense for RGIII at this point. He'll at least have a shot at competing for a starting position and, obviously, that franchise is still in the dumps, just like Griffin's career - at the moment.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum