A fun time sink, (a fun, fan draft site)

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

A fun time sink, (a fun, fan draft site)

Postby monkey » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:07 pm

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Go see what you can do, this is just one of my drafts, I've done several now, with varying results.
26: R1P26
DE JONATHAN BULLARD
FLORIDA
56: R2P25
OT LE'RAVEN CLARK
TEXAS TECH
90: R3P27
OT JOE HAEG
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
97: R3P34
C CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
124: R4P26
DT WILLIE HENRY
MICHIGAN
171: R5P32
G JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
215: R6P40
RB KEENAN REYNOLDS
NAVY
225: R7P4
FB DAN VITALE
NORTHWESTERN
247: R7P26
WR DEVON CAJUSTE
STANFORD

I try to throw out drafts where I get results that will NEVER happen like Bullard and say Conklin bot h falling to me in the first two rounds. NOT gonna happen!
If that actually happened, w eSeahawks fans would all just go ahead and skip ever bothering to buy lottery tickets, cause we'd have already hit the lottery!

Even not taking o-line with the first two picks I still get good results in all my mocks, and can EASILY fix the line.
Example:

DE JONATHAN BULLARD
FLORIDA
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
C CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
OT JOE HAEG
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
G JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
C EVAN BOEHM
MISSOURI
RB D.J. FOSTER
ARIZONA STATE
FB CHRIS SWAIN
NAVY
WR DEVON CAJUSTE
STANFORD
monkey
Legacy

Re: A fun time sink, (a fun, fan draft site)

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:46 pm

Fun to play around with.... ( even ranks players ave kind of displays the weaknesses of the draft)....

RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
OHIO STATE
DT JIHAD WARD
ILLINOIS
CB XAVIEN HOWARD
BAYLOR
OT JOHN THEUS
GEORGIA
G REES ODHIAMBO
BOISE STATE
DT EDDIE VANDERDOES
UCLA
C ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE
OLB TRAVIS FEENEY
WASHINGTON
OT RYKER MATHEWS

OLB LEONARD FLOYD
GEORGIA
C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME
G DENVER KIRKLAND
ARKANSAS
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON
OHIO STATE
CB DEIONDRE' HALL
NORTHERN IOWA
OT JOE HAEG
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
QB TREVONE BOYKIN
TCU
TE JAKE MCGEE
FLORIDA
G MATT HEGARTY
OREGON
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:46 pm

The ranking of the players depends on whose list you use.
I just looked at the remaining list and tried to pick a guy I think the Seahawks might be interested in.
I can't see us not selecting a CB, though and as people would suspect, I went heavy on OL.

Mine went as follows:
OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M

DT JONATHAN BULLARD
FLORIDA

G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI

OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE

RB KEITH MARSHALL
GEORGIA

TE BEAU SANDLAND
MONTANA STATE

C AUSTIN BLYTHE
IOWA

OLB B.J. GOODSON
CLEMSON

G JORDAN WALSH
IOWA
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Your first four picks would be outstanding.

Just shows how no one really knows when it comes to the draft, whichever board you pick makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
The main takeaway for me is, over and over again, I can EASILY fix the offensive line through the draft, no matter who gets taken.
There WILL be guys who fit the Seahawks profile available even maybe as late as fifth sixth rounds who can play right away.
I keep seeing (for example) McGovern, a guy whose athleticism makes him a PERFECT fit for us, go as late as 5-6th rounds in most mocks. Guys like Haeg, (who I know a lot about as a BIson fan) and Dahl, who you guys all ought to know quite well living in the area, also go late, anywhere in the 4-6th range.
Point is, I am NOT going to panic about the line! (Before someone tells me, I do realize these are computer generated mocks, and that the experts big boards they are based on, are often wrong. Still, no matter where I read, what we will likely see on draft day should be reasonably close to what we've all read in mocks.)

Good grief, if this happened, we'd all be buying tickets to the Super Bowl.

OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
OT JASON SPRIGGS
INDIANA
DT WILLIE HENRY
MICHIGAN
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BYU
LB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
RB TYLER ERVIN
SAN JOSE STATE
ILB TRAVIS FEENEY
WASHINGTON
G LENE MAIAVA
ARIZONA

Offensive line? FIXED! Really, really fixed! I'd be doing handstands if we got just the first two of those guys. Heck the last pick, Maiava would start tomorrow on our line.
Defensive line? Oh yeah, Kaufusi is an athletic freak who can play end or tackle, and Henry is the run stopping monster to replace Mebane for years.
LB? No problem with Fackrell and Feeney.
Backup RB? Yeah, Ervin is a stud.
No secondary help, and no WR's but, UDFA's will suffice with the depth we have there.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:47 pm

OK probably no one much cares, but (if you do), check this out. It fixes essentially every hole, d-line o-line, and gives us a unique weapon at FB/TE and a WR who is local. Imagine going into next season with competition on the O-line from the likes of Spriggs (who would no doubt start day one somewhere) Redmond (could be the center) McGovern (also could play center) and Dahl. Holy buckets that would be sweet. I would guarantee two starters out of that group.
Add in a athletic freak at ED, a run stopping beast at DT, and the fastest LB in the draft, and you're talking about a grand slam draft. I think something like this is actually quite possible this year.

OT JASON SPRIGGS
INDIANA
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BRIGHAM YOUNG
G ALEX REDMOND
UCLA
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
OLB DEION JONES
LSU
OT JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
FB DAN VITALE
NORTHWESTERN
WR JAYDON MICKENS
WASHINGTON
monkey
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 am

4 O-lineman and a FB? I'm down for that!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:27 am

What I find interesting is how each of the draft sites have different rankings and how it affects who is available at any point in the draft.
It shows that there really aren't any "reaches" as it depends on the point of view and would be a rough equivalent (in variation) to each team's perspective.
I saw one draft where Artie Burns went in the top of the 2nd and another where he was available in the 6th where I selected him. A similar situation happened with WR Kolby Listenbee who might be the fastest WR in the draft but has suspect hands.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Shouldn't they just do this Monkey? ;)

OT TAYLOR DECKER
OHIO STATE
OT SHON COLEMAN
AUBURN
OT JOHN THEUS
GEORGIA
G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA
ARKANSAS
C EVAN BOEHM
MISSOURI
OT COLE TONER
HARVARD
G VI TEOFILO
ARIZONA STATE
C ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE
OT RYKER MATHEWS
BRIGHAM YOUNG
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:03 am

Hilarious. Seven rounds of nothing but o line. :lol:
monkey
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 pm

That was fun. Here is my draft:
DE EMMANUEL OGBAH
OKLAHOMA STATE
RB KENNETH DIXON
LOUISIANA TECH
OT CALEB BENENOCH
UCLA
G SPENCER DRANGO
BAYLOR
CB DEIONDRE' HALL
NORTHERN IOWA
WR JORDAN PAYTON
UCLA
DT QUINTON JEFFERSON
MARYLAND
OT JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
TE RYAN MALLECK
VIRGINIA TECH

I'm all for taking an RB in the 2nd or 3rd - event though the consensus needs are at OT, G and CB. Reason: I love Rawls, but he's still young and I think he needs to be pushed - especially when he gets paid. Plus, 2-RB rotations seem to work well now. Only guy in here I really know something about is Dahl from WSU - I would love to see our team pick him up.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:10 pm

SalmonBB wrote:That was fun. Here is my draft:
DE EMMANUEL OGBAH
OKLAHOMA STATE
RB KENNETH DIXON
LOUISIANA TECH
OT CALEB BENENOCH
UCLA
G SPENCER DRANGO
BAYLOR
CB DEIONDRE' HALL
NORTHERN IOWA
WR JORDAN PAYTON
UCLA
DT QUINTON JEFFERSON
MARYLAND
OT JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
TE RYAN MALLECK
VIRGINIA TECH

I'm all for taking an RB in the 2nd or 3rd - event though the consensus needs are at OT, G and CB. Reason: I love Rawls, but he's still young and I think he needs to be pushed - especially when he gets paid. Plus, 2-RB rotations seem to work well now. Only guy in here I really know something about is Dahl from WSU - I would love to see our team pick him up.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

You don't think they will draft a DT at some point to replace the loss of Mebane? Especially with Hills injury issues and the relative inexperience of Siliga ( not to mention their continued desire to rotate that position liberally).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby SalmonBB » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:37 pm

To be honest ... I've learned to not think what they'll do, because it usually is nothing like what we think it will be.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
SalmonBB
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:02 am

SalmonBB wrote:To be honest ... I've learned to not think what they'll do, because it usually is nothing like what we think it will be.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Was going to say the same thing - Good luck to everyone's forecast - I think that predicting the Seahawk's draft results is one of the more impossible things to forecast on Planet Earth.

There are 174,875 experts on the NFL draft and not a single one forecast the Hawks to take Bruce Irvin with their #1 pick......
savvyman
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:25 am

Not true actually, Rob Staton of Seahawks Draft Blog DID in fact project Irvin to the Seahawks in several of his mocks, based on his understanding of what the Seahawks look for in players.
In fact, Rob Staton has been remarkably good at projecting players not just to the Seahawks, but in general.
If I were you guys I'd start reading that blog, it's quite good, and really focuses in on how the Seahawks evaluate college players, what they look for in terms of explosiveness, raw athleticism etc...
monkey
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:23 am

monkey wrote:Not true actually, Rob Staton of Seahawks Draft Blog DID in fact project Irvin to the Seahawks in several of his mocks, based on his understanding of what the Seahawks look for in players.
In fact, Rob Staton has been remarkably good at projecting players not just to the Seahawks, but in general.
If I were you guys I'd start reading that blog, it's quite good, and really focuses in on how the Seahawks evaluate college players, what they look for in terms of explosiveness, raw athleticism etc...

Yeah, his blog is the best I have read regarding the draft and the hawks philosophy. It is really really good. I would highly recommend it to any hawk fan. Here's the link again if anybody wants to take a look:

http://seahawksdraftblog.com
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks for the link. I have been looking at the SPARQ rankings for prospects that would work for us so it's good to see a study from a Seahawks point of view.
https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:48 pm

monkey wrote:Not true actually, Rob Staton of Seahawks Draft Blog DID in fact project Irvin to the Seahawks in several of his mocks, based on his understanding of what the Seahawks look for in players.

You would think that some team would offer this guy a job since he has shown such excellent judgement?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Maybe he's doing the team a disservice by pointing out how our FO drafts so other teams can basically figure out who we are liable to select.
They can then jump in front of us for someone or just behind us leaving us without a trade down partner knowing that a player they covet isn't someone we are interested in.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Great link Monkey and Myck... It certainly sheds a little light into how Seattle thinks. Often times it seems a lot of fans and experts can't flex enough to understand that their personal desires and philosophies aren't the same as those making the choices, so they simply criticize and critique the philosophy of SB winning front offices instead, without actually thinking about or attempting to understand it.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:36 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Great link Monkey and Myck... It certainly sheds a little light into how Seattle thinks. Often times it seems a lot of fans and experts can't flex enough to understand that their personal desires and philosophies aren't the same as those making the choices, so they simply criticize and critique the philosophy of SB winning front offices instead, without actually thinking about or attempting to understand it.

On that topic, you guys REALLY need to read Rob's latest post. I think he nails it.http://seahawksdraftblog.com/tef-follow-up-2015-class-thoughts-on-the-center-position

Of course, he's also saying exactly what I've been saying (about the likelihood of the Hawks taking Ifedi in round one), so naturally I like it. Anyone who agrees with me MUST be right, right? :lol:

He's nailed down who the Seahawks are most likely to take in the draft, going by a formula he's come up with, based on what Cable has said is most important to him, and based on measurables and combine results etc...he's come up with a formula that I think nails it dead on. He calls it TEF.
Again doesn't hurt that the players he's talking up are exactly the same ones I've been talking up :P , Jason Spriggs, Connor McGovern, Alex Redmond, Joe Haeg, Joe Dahl. With the exception of Redmond who I haven't paid that much attention to (I will now though) these are exactly the guys I keep mocking to the Seahawks myself.
(BTW, I didn't know Stanton liked Joe Haeg, I thought he was down on him, nice to know he's seen what I already knew about him, being from Fargo area, and a Bison fan. Haeg is a STUD! I'd be ecstatic if the Seahawks drafted him.)

EDIT: Here it is, the perfect Seahawks draft. There's simply no way to beat it, because it literally fills EVERY need, plsu gives us several weapons and projects, the types who our coaches love.
26: R1P26 OT GERMAIN IFEDI TEXAS A&M The guy I actually think they'll take anyway.

56: R2P25 OLB KYLER FACKRELL UTAH STATE LB who I personally think best fits our scheme, (of the ones who we can realistically get anyway).

90: R3P27 G CONNOR MCGOVERN MISSOURI Superb, explosive athlete, can play ANY O-Line position, including center.

97: R3P34 G JOE DAHL WASHINGTON ST Another stud athlete, one with real grit and attitude, though a bit smaller and would fit better at RG than LG.

124: R4P26 DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE Out of this world athleticism, can become a star. doubt he would last this long though.

171: R5P32 TE BEAU SANDLAND MONTANA STATE I would have preferred Devon Cajuste who is listed at WR on some boards and TE on others, but Sandland is my second favorite, he checks all the boxes.

215: R6P40 WR JAYDON MICKENS WASHINGTON We should all know about this guy. I think the Seahawks really want him as well. Again, I would have preferred Cajuste, but I just missed him, so with Cajuste off the board, I just grabbed two guys for the price of one, Sandland and Mickens, and probably came out better than I would have otherwise.

225: R7P4 RB TYLER ERVIN SAN JOSE STATE No way he lasts this long but...I'll take it. Ervin is the perfect third down RB/special teams KR/PR stud.

247: R7P26 FB DAN VITALE NORTHWESTERN This guy has such unique skills, he's technically a fullback, who plays more like an H-Back or TE, has super good hands, needs to learn better blocking but can be moved all over the backfield or on the line at TE. He's just a nice weapon, who would be fun to watch play.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Do you think they'll take Dahl in the third? Every time I've gone through the mock Dahl has been available until the 7th. Not saying they won't, just seems like they have been Damn solid, evaluating and drafting guys a little bit closer to where they either will/would go???

( and I'm not saying they shouldn't, just asking a straight forward question is all).
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:07 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Do you think they'll take Dahl in the third? Every time I've gone through the mock Dahl has been available until the 7th. Not saying they won't, just seems like they have been Damn solid, evaluating and drafting guys a little bit closer to where they either will/would go???

( and I'm not saying they shouldn't, just asking a straight forward question is all).

I have been reading his stock is rising dramatically. The closer we get to the draft the more it looks like he won't make it past the 4th round.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:16 pm

monkey wrote:
On that topic, you guys REALLY need to read Rob's latest post. I think he nails it.http://seahawksdraftblog.com/tef-follow-up-2015-class-thoughts-on-the-center-position

Of course, he's also saying exactly what I've been saying (about the likelihood of the Hawks taking Ifedi in round one), so naturally I like it. Anyone who agrees with me MUST be right, right? :lol:

He's nailed down who the Seahawks are most likely to take in the draft, going by a formula he's come up with, based on what Cable has said is most important to him, and based on measurables and combine results etc...he's come up with a formula that I think nails it dead on. He calls it TEF.
Again doesn't hurt that the players he's talking up are exactly the same ones I've been talking up :P , Jason Spriggs, Connor McGovern, Alex Redmond, Joe Haeg, Joe Dahl. With the exception of Redmond who I haven't paid that much attention to (I will now though) these are exactly the guys I keep mocking to the Seahawks myself.
(BTW, I didn't know Stanton liked Joe Haeg, I thought he was down on him, nice to know he's seen what I already knew about him, being from Fargo area, and a Bison fan. Haeg is a STUD! I'd be ecstatic if the Seahawks drafted him.)

EDIT: Here it is, the perfect Seahawks draft. There's simply no way to beat it, because it literally fills EVERY need, plsu gives us several weapons and projects, the types who our coaches love.
26: R1P26 OT GERMAIN IFEDI TEXAS A&M The guy I actually think they'll take anyway.

56: R2P25 OLB KYLER FACKRELL UTAH STATE LB who I personally think best fits our scheme, (of the ones who we can realistically get anyway).

90: R3P27 G CONNOR MCGOVERN MISSOURI Superb, explosive athlete, can play ANY O-Line position, including center.

97: R3P34 G JOE DAHL WASHINGTON ST Another stud athlete, one with real grit and attitude, though a bit smaller and would fit better at RG than LG.

124: R4P26 DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE Out of this world athleticism, can become a star. doubt he would last this long though.

171: R5P32 TE BEAU SANDLAND MONTANA STATE I would have preferred Devon Cajuste who is listed at WR on some boards and TE on others, but Sandland is my second favorite, he checks all the boxes.

215: R6P40 WR JAYDON MICKENS WASHINGTON We should all know about this guy. I think the Seahawks really want him as well. Again, I would have preferred Cajuste, but I just missed him, so with Cajuste off the board, I just grabbed two guys for the price of one, Sandland and Mickens, and probably came out better than I would have otherwise.

225: R7P4 RB TYLER ERVIN SAN JOSE STATE No way he lasts this long but...I'll take it. Ervin is the perfect third down RB/special teams KR/PR stud.

247: R7P26 FB DAN VITALE NORTHWESTERN This guy has such unique skills, he's technically a fullback, who plays more like an H-Back or TE, has super good hands, needs to learn better blocking but can be moved all over the backfield or on the line at TE. He's just a nice weapon, who would be fun to watch play.

I really like ifedi who can instantly compete at G and RT, fackrell would really help our pass rush, McGovern would compete at C or even G right away. Dahl has the athletic ability to play T in the NFL. My real hope is that somehow rankings falls to is our we trade up for him (I really doubt we would do thus as it I hasn't happened under PC and JS in the first round). Likewise my fear is that iced I won't be there at #26. If that's the case I could see us trading down again. I hope we don't draft Bullard from florida, who we have been linked to. I think they are really looking for another DE/DT who can move inside on passing situations and Bullard supposedly can do that, but rankings can do that and produce at an elite level.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:50 pm

You're down on Bullard eh? Interesting, I am fairly high on him, just not sure I want him with #26. #56 I'd be just fine with though.
Still, there are several players who I think we can get later who will be able to do the exact same thing, some of them may end up being even better than Bullard, so I can see where you are coming from.

How about this mock?

26: R1P26 OT GERMAIN IFEDI TEXAS A&M Same thing, I think he'll be our pick actually.

56: R2P25 RB KENNETH DIXON LOUISIANA TECH For those worried about Rawls injury.

90: R3P27 DE CHARLES TAPPER OKLAHOMA Plays inside and outside, does what Bullard can do, maybe an even better athlete.

97: R3P34 DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE Will easily replace Mebane, and some day may end up being even better.

124: R4P26 WR DEVON CAJUSTE STANFORD I'm just so high on him, he's a big body WR/TE that the Seahawks are still trying to nail down, and with Graham's injury and the impending free agency of Willson, this guy just makes too much sense.

171: R5P32 G CONNOR MCGOVERN MISSOURI Super athlete. Can play anywhere. Nuff said.

OLB TRAVIS FEENEY WASHINGTON Did someone say we may need a LB?

225: R7P4 OT JOE DAHL WASHINGTON STATE Fiesty, athletic, Me LIKEY!

247: R7P26 WR JAYDON MICKENS WASHINGTON Seahawks have shown obvious interest.
This would be ridiculous if it happened. We'd completely fix the D-Line with a DE who can play DT, and a DT run stopper who can push the pocket.
We'd completely fix the O-line with three guys EACH of whom are able to start day one, and UPGRADE wherever they end up.
We'd get a backup RB (at worst) who could push Rawls to start.
We'd get a big body receiver, one of the best in this draft IMO.
We'd solve the hole left behind when Irvin left, with a local guy, Feeney.
Plus we'd get another bigger receiver, to add to the mix of former UW WR's.
Each and every single problem/hole FIXED. Boom, done.
monkey
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:44 pm

monkey wrote:You're down on Bullard eh? Interesting, I am fairly high on him, just not sure I want him with #26. #56 I'd be just fine with though.
Still, there are several players who I think we can get later who will be able to do the exact same thing, some of them may end up being even better than Bullard, so I can see where you are coming from.

How about this mock?

26: R1P26 OT GERMAIN IFEDI TEXAS A&M Same thing, I think he'll be our pick actually.

56: R2P25 RB KENNETH DIXON LOUISIANA TECH For those worried about Rawls injury.

90: R3P27 DE CHARLES TAPPER OKLAHOMA Plays inside and outside, does what Bullard can do, maybe an even better athlete.

97: R3P34 DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE Will easily replace Mebane, and some day may end up being even better.

124: R4P26 WR DEVON CAJUSTE STANFORD I'm just so high on him, he's a big body WR/TE that the Seahawks are still trying to nail down, and with Graham's injury and the impending free agency of Willson, this guy just makes too much sense.

171: R5P32 G CONNOR MCGOVERN MISSOURI Super athlete. Can play anywhere. Nuff said.

OLB TRAVIS FEENEY WASHINGTON Did someone say we may need a LB?

225: R7P4 OT JOE DAHL WASHINGTON STATE Fiesty, athletic, Me LIKEY!

247: R7P26 WR JAYDON MICKENS WASHINGTON Seahawks have shown obvious interest.
This would be ridiculous if it happened. We'd completely fix the D-Line with a DE who can play DT, and a DT run stopper who can push the pocket.
We'd completely fix the O-line with three guys EACH of whom are able to start day one, and UPGRADE wherever they end up.
We'd get a backup RB (at worst) who could push Rawls to start.
We'd get a big body receiver, one of the best in this draft IMO.
We'd solve the hole left behind when Irvin left, with a local guy, Feeney.
Plus we'd get another bigger receiver, to add to the mix of former UW WR's.
Each and every single problem/hole FIXED. Boom, done.

Yeah I'm not that high on him, especially with our first pick. I just don't see an explosive, playmaking, pressure producing guy. I think he can be a starter in this league, just not elite. If we got a guy like ifedi with #26 and he Bullard fell to #56 then I would be ok with the pick but I just don't see him falling that far. I really don't want to see us trade up to get him and really even at #56 I wouldn't love the pick as I would think there would be other impact defensive players available, like fackrell. I really like cajuste and think he would fit in really well with our reviving corps. He is more than willing to block and pairing him with graham (hopefully healthy) would give us some red zone firepower. He also can be moved inside and used as a TE or H-back, a really good fit for our O, IMO.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 am

I'm totally worth you on preferring Fackrell.
Actually, the more I think about it, I think you've won me over on Bullard.
There are just too many other guys who are equally as explosive and athletic who can be picked up later, and if it came down to Bullard or Fackrell, it's a no brainer.
You've won me over.
monkey
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:06 pm

monkey wrote:I'm totally worth you on preferring Fackrell.
Actually, the more I think about it, I think you've won me over on Bullard.
There are just too many other guys who are equally as explosive and athletic who can be picked up later, and if it came down to Bullard or Fackrell, it's a no brainer.
You've won me over.

Sweet, hopefully he doesn't become an all-pro (unless we draft him).
mykc14
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:35 pm

DT A'SHAWN ROBINSON
ALABAMA
C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME
RB DEVONTAE BOOKER
UTAH
OT JOHN THEUS
GEORGIA
G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN
ARIZONA STATE
CB ERIC MURRAY
MINNESOTA
OLB TRAVIS FEENEY
WASHINGTON
TE RYAN MALLECK
VIRGINIA TECH
FB DAN VITALE
NORTHWESTERN

Something in this vain would work for me. I'm not sold on the theory that all early picks "need" to be expended at all costs in the first three rounds on the offensive line no matter what. A balanced effort would be the smarter course of action, and one I fully expect Seattle to continue doing as the have done throughout their time in Seattle.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Shoring up the middle of the OL, I think is more important at this moment than LT or RT, but I'm not sold on the FO selecting Nick Martin within our Offense. Is he powerful and athletic enough for what we want to do?
Maybe he is, but his SPARQ numbers don't show up to what the Seahawks seem to have been looking for.
Personally, I like the pick, but I get the feeling from previous drafts that he might not have the workout numbers to be in their plans.
TE is also something that might be on the Radar, so if Malleck can block he could be an asset.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:54 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Shoring up the middle of the OL, I think is more important at this moment than LT or RT, but I'm not sold on the FO selecting Nick Martin within our Offense. Is he powerful and athletic enough for what we want to do?
Maybe he is, but his SPARQ numbers don't show up to what the Seahawks seem to have been looking for.
Personally, I like the pick, but I get the feeling from previous drafts that he might not have the workout numbers to be in their plans.
TE is also something that might be on the Radar, so if Malleck can block he could be an asset.

I'm not sure. I don't know if Seattle has the same pre requisite on the explosiveness of their centers as they do on their guards and tackles. I'm not aware what Lewis and Ungers ranks were in that assessment ( however I do know Nowaks was very high, which didn't turn out so well).

That wasn't a " pick these players" and be successful, just having fun playing around, and would prefer Seattle to address multiple areas of need, with "good" players as opposed to some sort of uber focused OL draft where potential all pro, types of players in an area of need are bypassed simply because fans don't trust the lineman on the roster because they either weren't lauded in their drafts, or aren't some high priced FA who's name they recognize. I doubt they go that route ( they never have before) but I want to see balanced selections ( whomever those players they happen to feel are the best choice names are).

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/notre-dame ... underrated
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Honestly, the most fun aspect is seeing all the different ways that players can or possibly will fall to Seattle. Premier guys ranked as top 10-12 players sitting there for the taking at 26, or the number of first round talents still sitting there in the late second round. I'm not claiming they should take anyone or any specific position. Just wasting time until it's for real is all...

DE SHAQ LAWSON
CLEMSON
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON
OHIO STATE
G JOSHUA GARNETT
STANFORD
C EVAN BOEHM
MISSOURI
S MILES KILLEBREW
SOUTHERN UTAH
OT JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE
FB DAN VITALE
NORTHWESTERN
C MIKE MATTHEWS
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:06 pm

If you look at the rankings of the different databases we get to choose from, they can be very different.
Like I said before, this is fun, but it also provides the perspective of how different teams might be ranking the players as well.
This means it could give us a huge (or yuge, if you will) amount of options each time we draft with a different ranking database.
It's a real fun site to play around with.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Yep, amazing how vastly different it is from site to site...

OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
DT JONATHAN BULLARD
FLORIDA
G JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON ST
RB DEVONTAE BOOKER
UTAH
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
OT JOHN THEUS
GEORGIA
WR JAYDON MICKENS
WASHINGTON
TE HENRY KRIEGER-COBLE
IOWA
CB KEVON SEYMOUR
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:57 pm

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

G GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
OLB KYLER FRACKELL
UTAH ST.
G LANDON TURNER
NORTH CAROLINA
G JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON ST.
DT SHELDON DAY
NOTRE DAME
CB JONATHAN JONES
AUBURN
WR JAYDON MICKENS
WASHINGTON
FB ANDY JANOVICH
NEBRASKA
S WILL PARKS
ARIZONA

The Rams trade threw all sorts of monkey wrenches in to these mock drafts... Here's hoping for more bizarre trades ( so long as it's not Seattle) that allow more quality players to fall even further down the board..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:58 am

A lesser factor that would affect the mid rounds is the Shawn Oakman arrest for sexual assault.
He's a physical beast, but never played up to his athleticism.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:42 pm

In an effort to waste more time, I chose the Arrowhead Addiction database and then selected the top rated player regardless of position for each selection.
Too many RB's and a Kicker in the 3rd round along with no OL.

WR JOSH DOCSTON
TCU
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA
K ROBERTO AGUAYO
FLORIDA ST.
OLB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO ST.
RB ALEX COLLINS
ARKANSAS
ILB BLAKE MARTINEZ
STANFORD
RB DWAYNE WASHINGTON
WASHINGTON
CB TAVEZE CALHOUN
MISS. ST.
CB MORGAN BURNS
KANSAS ST.

Edit:
Here is one with Seahawks in mind from the NFL.com Big Board Database:

DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
OLB KYLER FRACKELL
UTAH ST.
TE NICK VANNETT
OHIO ST.
G JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON ST.
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI ST.
OT CALEB BENENOCH
UCLA
DT JOEL HEATH
MICHIGAN ST.
RB TYLER ERVIN
SAN JOSE ST.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Gave it a go;

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA
G LANDON TURNER
NORTH CAROLINA
DT JIHAD WARD
ILLINOIS
TE NICK VANNETT
OHIO STATE
C MAX TUERK
USC
CB TAVON YOUNG
TEMPLE
QB VERNON ADAMS
OREGON
OT STEPHANE NEMBOT
COLORADO

And I didn't "reach" (left it on "all" and didn't scroll down) till the 7th.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Holy crap Northawk, if that second draft actually happened...wow...you would have to peel me off the ceiling I'd be so jacked.
Sadly, I just don't see several of those guys falling that far, starting with Rankins, who would no doubt be high, probably top of the Hawks board. I think he goes top 15 though. But if we got him, and still came up with three good O-linemen, plus Fackrell, Mickens and Ervin? It would be a coup!
That would be a dream draft scenario right there.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:15 pm

I know, monkey. It surprised me they were there when the selections came up.
As well, Heath has great SPARQ numbers and could be the next DL to OL conversion project.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:35 pm

Ha, North I think I just got one that beats even your last one, check this out!
OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M
OT SHON COLEMAN
AUBURN
OLB KYLER FACKRELL
UTAH STATE
DT WILLIE HENRY
MICHIGAN
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BYU
TE BEN BRAUNECKER
HARVARD
WR JAYDON MICKENS
WASHINGTON
RB DEVON JOHNSON
MARSHALL
RB TYLER ERVIN
SAN JOSE STATE
Two terrific plug and play O-line, one for LG and one for RT, Fackrell, a stud DT, a studlier (IMO) DE, a TE who could replace Willson next year, (we may need that), a backup halfback, and the new third down back, plus a nice, tall 6'3" WR.
This is just a SICK draft! The ONLY player I wanted and wasn't able to get was Devon Cajuste. That's it.
monkey
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum