Looks Like Kam will be a Seahawk Next Season

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Looks Like Kam will be a Seahawk Next Season

Postby savvyman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:24 am

His responses in this short interview are really sound and seems to indicate a renewal to playing at his prior level of excellence.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-kam-chancellor-on-last-season-the-past-is-the-past/

Here’s what Chancellor said:

Q: What do you think of the Hawks chances for next year given that a few big names are gone (such as Okung and Marshawn Lynch).

A: The NFL is a business I can’t really control. People are moving to other teams and taking care of their families, as well. They have to take care of themselves as well. That’s an issue that doesn’t really affect us… they are in a position to take care of their family and themselves. Our future depends on us, the people who are in the building to move forward. It’s not one individual that can change anything. It’s about us moving forward together, understanding that we have to have one message and one heart beat. Once we get to that, that’s when we start excelling and get back to Seahawks’ ball like you know.

Q: If you had to go back and do it all again, would you have done the hold out; did you learn anything from it? What did you learn?

A: I learned that I’m a leader, that God put me on this earth to be a leader for my team, and the past is the past, and I’m here to lead my team to do exactly what I was created to do — nothing more, nothing less. I’m here to be the kind of man that helps pull through adversity for my teammates. The big brother, the leader, the captain, and that’s all I’m here to do and that’s what my vision is focused on right now.

Q: What are you most excited about next season?

A: I’m excited to get another chance. All you ask in life is a chance. If you don’t get a chance, sometimes you know, not everybody doesn’t get a chance. Right now we have another chance, to win a Super Bowl, to win a division, to win the conference. Just being able to get that chance again is enough to be excited about.

Q: Curious what you thought about Russell Okung’s decision to represent himself and how that turned out.

A: I’m not sure. I know Russell is a firm believer in himself and I know his faith is strong and whatever he is doing I know he is praying about it, and he’s making that decision for himself. So everything else after that, I really don’t know. Man, it’s always hard to see a brother that you grew up with in same draft (each was drafted in 2010) go to another team, one that you respect and that you had a great relationship with. That doesn’t mean we are gonna stop talking. We are still brothers. We’re still brothers off the field. He’s just going to have a different jersey, a different color, but he’s still my brother.
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Looks Like Kam will be a Seahawk Next Season

Postby monkey » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Right now we have another chance, to win a Super Bowl, to win a division, to win the conference.

There's the money quote!
Like I've said before, this team right now reminds me quite a bit of the team that was just coming off the loss to the Falcons, and was realizing what their true capability was. Worked out pretty good I'd say.
I love our chances this year! I feel more confident about this next season than I did last, by a mile.
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:48 pm

He ducked the first part of the question pertaining to his holdout, if he could do it over again if he'd done things differently. The questioner should have asked that part on its own.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:50 pm

I'll be proudly sportin my 31 jersey that I got for Christmas this season.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:29 pm

I don't remember there being much of a doubt, excluding a few fans grumbling over greed, or some ridiculous foolish claims about loyalty, I've heard nothing.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:27 pm

Human, in spite of our differences, I really do respect you. However, this is not over. IF Seattle re-negotiates they are giving into blackmail. IF they refuse I don't see Kam staying. Either way, the dynamics of this team is going to change. Once you give into Kam, what are going to do with Bennett, who was not happy with his contract, but was a good fellow and didn't hold out. I know, you think I am always a glass half empty kind of guy, but how the Hawks side step this land mine might for the long term, may be bigger than our OL problems.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:53 pm

I've said it before, but if they go after a S that has the size like Kearse or hits hard like Kellebrew, then the direction of this issue might be obvious.
What we don't know is the leadership qualities of either which is a big intangible.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 pm

know, you think I am always a glass half empty kind of guy

Actually, I don't think that. I think your a guy used to protecting yourself from the "other shoe" dropping. A guy that kind of shields himself from pain, by expecting the worst. Nothing wrong with it, I did that for a very, very, very long time myself. ( the unfortunate thing I learned though, is living life that way, saps the joy out of those high moments, every bit as much as it softens the "blows" in the low ones. It's like the decades of 8-8 Seahawks teams, you aren't going to get crushed, but you also aren't going to feel elated).

You do you man. I'm not judging you, that doesn't mean I won't say something about it, I probably will like 90% of the time, just the way I am as well.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Wow that's deep, I never looked on it that way. Maybe with all the 8-8 years I got into a mode, of too much doubt and not enough faith. I don't know.

To the Kam thing however, I just see it as a catch-22 for management. I don't think there is a good way out of it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:15 pm

We'll see. I'm not entirely sold on all the joy, joy feelings coming out from guys like Bennett and Kam. That said, until I see some sort of action that says that what they're saying isn't genuine I'm willing to take them at their word. Bennett recruiting Clemmons was a surprise, and everything from Kam seems to point to a renewed dedication ( at least to this point).. So we'll have to see moving forward if it's true, or just words.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:18 pm

obiken wrote:To the Kam thing however, I just see it as a catch-22 for management. I don't think there is a good way out of it.

There is a good way out of it, exactly what they have been doing, which is basically nothing. There is no way they give kam extra money thus year. IMO the only thing they have done wrong in this whole mess is not have a viable back up to start last season. Obviously they were wrong to think bailey could handle the load as they cut him after week 2. IMO the hard spot is going to be Bennett and Baldwin. They have both clearly outplayed their contracts and Baldwin is a free agent to be and supposedly wants harvin $ (12 mil/yr). Bennett is under team control for 2 more years but almost certainly will seek more $ next off season (I am sure he is now) and will also be looking at making well over 10 mil/yr.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:57 pm

12 million!! is he outta of his mind. We overpaid Percy as it was. We are still paying for Percy on the cap! Percy long term may have been the worst trade in the history of the Hawks.
obiken
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:33 am

obiken wrote:12 million!! is he outta of his mind. We overpaid Percy as it was. We are still paying for Percy on the cap! Percy long term may have been the worst trade in the history of the Hawks.

Yeah but the cap is up since then, also that is something I just heard on the radio, nothing actually confirmed. At the same time I can easily see him getting a Randall Cobb type contract (10 mil/yr), or close to it. Although, just like any of these contracts it's all about the structure and guarantees.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:57 am

Agents and players often state outrageously high prices then settle for much less, but a good raise nonetheless.
The $ figures are pretty meaningless at this point and it's in the media where no negotiations take place.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Pure peculation, but a Kam story nonetheless... saw this on Yahoo. Redskins interested in Kam.

ww.hogshaven.com/2016/4/25/11502364/redskins-to-trade-for-kam-chancellor
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:49 pm

The Skins being in DC must have an endless supply of funding LOL
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Uppercut wrote:The Skins being in DC must have an endless supply of funding LOL

If the story has any truth whatsoever, I dont think I would be to upset if we scored a starter on the OLine and a pick or two for Kam.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Scot McCloughan knows how to build a good football team, so he could be interested.
Who might we be interested on their roster?
Perhaps an older Center Lichtensteiger or a younger guard like Kouandjio or Scherff?
Maybe a DT if they have one that could fill the role of Mebane or even like Clinton McDonald.
They'd have to give up something of value plus a draft pick.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawkfan80 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:25 pm

That is a blogosphere....I would not put too much stock in it.
Seahawkfan80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum