And now news about a FA that will never make it back

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

And now news about a FA that will never make it back

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:45 am

To the NFL:

“They were supposed to check out at noon. Manziel was passed out . . . There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere . . . broken glasses over the floor and a Champagne glass in a tree.” He added, “If they don’t respond to our demand for compensation, we will sue.”

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/14/johnny-manziel-accused-of-trashing-pad-with-booze-and-drug-filled-ragers/

At least he's still entertaining on some level.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: And now news about a FA that will never make it back

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:48 am

As the Johnny turns....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:13 pm

He's been circling the drain for awhile with his partying, and it's only gonna get worse.
Manziel's an alcoholic who desperately needs help. It's that simple. He likely was one already in college to begin with.

The drugs may or may not be a more recent thing, but obviously aren't anything positive.

For the time being, he has the money to fund all this loony behavior. Still, if I'm his family, I do my best to organize and intervention. If nothing else, they have to tell him that he's cut off from the family unless he decides to get help. The likelihood of it working is minimal, but they should at least try. Otherwise, if they go about things business as usual with him, they're essentially enabling him on some level. There has to be some kind of consequence for him. Maybe family cutting ties will send a message. Either way, he has to want to get well for his own sake, and for that to happen he has to hit bottom - as he sees it.

Sad thing to watch, but nobody to blame but himself. I'd like to see him get help and stick with it. Forget football, he's a prime candidate right now to not see his 30th birthday, if not sooner.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:58 am

that's it Zorny its not about FB with him anymore its about his life.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:02 am

I guess the highlight of his career will be the opening drive against the Hawks last season!
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Its a stunning trajectory. Manziel had concerns coming out of college but the party aspect wasn't the biggest question mark in my mind, it was about his stature and playing style.

Clearly this kid is in a downward spiral of epic proportions, shocking, maybe the worst I can remember in terms of straight up addiction played out on the public stage by a pro athlete.
Its easy to make fun of a high profile guy like this but addiction is tragic. Ive experienced it in my family and just this week in Moses Lake there were two 40 year old men who died of heroin overdoses.
I knew one of them and knew the family of the other.
Its truly sad, i feel for Manziels family. Been there done that. But if it isn't high profile nobody else knows.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Clearly this kid is in a downward spiral of epic proportions...

No, more than likely, this is just a continuation of his lifestyle, going back to being a privileged teenager, with a rich Daddy. It's just that nowadays, he's followed everywhere by the media and others with a phone/camera and everything he does is micromanaged.

He's too good at the behavior to have it be 'new'

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum